Vikings complete the first-round Trifecta

Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson AP

In April, the Vikings used three first-round draft picks.  As of this morning, none had signed their rookie deals.

Now, all have agreed to terms, completing a Trifecta that presumably included no salted, cured meats.

Following defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd (No. 23) and cornerback Xavier Rhodes (No. 25) is receiver Cordarrelle Patterson, the 29th overall selection in the draft.  The team separately announced all three deals on Thursday morning.

Regarded as a raw but talented prospect whose contribution likely will fall somewhere between Randy Moss (’98) and Troy Williamson (’05), Patterson gives the Vikings a potentially dynamic presence in offense and as a kickoff-return specialist.

Patterson will wear the number Moss made famous/notorious in Minnesota, and Patterson already has said he wants to be known as Flash or Flashy.  Or something.

Permalink 91 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
91 Responses to “Vikings complete the first-round Trifecta”
  1. pillowporkers says: Jul 25, 2013 11:08 AM

Cordarrelle Patterson will light up the north. You can’t teach his athleticism. Rams will regret taking a 5’7″ dude over this 6’3″ 225 monster that can run just as fast who ripped up the SEC in only one year.

2. touchdownroddywhite says: Jul 25, 2013 11:10 AM

Can you imagine if they hit on all 3 picks? I mean it would be an incredible boost for a team in such a tough division.

3. len462 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:11 AM

I still love Randy Moss. One of the most dynamic playmakers to ever suit up.

4. betterandbetterthan says: Jul 25, 2013 11:11 AM

Patterson will fall between HOFer and total bust? Not exactly going out on a limb there.

5. jimnsota says: Jul 25, 2013 11:12 AM

There’s a grand canyon between Moss and Williamson to fall in. If its anywhere outside of that then “Flash” will either rewrite the history books or be a crack head.

6. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 25, 2013 11:12 AM

I’m excited for these youngsters. They’ll get to play for an arrogant, uneducated (in regards to football), bandwagon fanbase, all while taking money to play a game on a mediocre team that has the same chances of winning a Super Bowl as the Oregon Ducks.

7. jonnyfootball82 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:13 AM

I hope they like playing in cold weather in early February, because I foresee them playing at the New Meadowlands in the Super Bowl

8. vikingjim60 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:14 AM

“Somewhere between Randy Moss” (The greatest 1st round draft WR pick EVER) “and Troy Williamson.” (The WORST 1st round draft pick EVER)… Ya Think? Way to go out on a limb there!

9. Talk football or shut your pie hole... says: Jul 25, 2013 11:15 AM

You gotta love the new CBA when it comes to getting draft picks signed.

10. aaronfraudgers says: Jul 25, 2013 11:15 AM

As a diehard Bears fan, the Vikings look scary this year. They’re very solid all around. I fear them alot more than I fear the Packers. It will all come down to how Ponder performs. If he steps it up, I see the Vikings and my Bears battling it out for the NFC North title. If he doesn’t, then my Bears will take the NFC North in a cakewalk. Neither the Packers or the Lions will pose much of a challenge.

11. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 25, 2013 11:15 AM

Wow, now that I have studied these guys I can safely say that their is nothing to see here.

12. bennyb82 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:16 AM

Now if only they had a solid quarterback…okay okay, Ponder is not horrible but is he really someone you can hang your hopes on if Peterson is ever not on his ‘A’ game?

13. Frazier28/7 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:19 AM

That was an awesome first round.

Keep talking Viking haters, if Ponder comes around there is no reason this team can’t compete in January.

Matt Kalil, Harrison Smith, Blair Walsh, Sharrif Floyd, Xavier Rhodes, Cordarrelle Patterson and getting Greg Jennings.

That’s how you turn a franchise around, not depending on Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of 5th, 6th and 7th round draft picks.

14. voiceofrealism says: Jul 25, 2013 11:20 AM

Flash in the pan it is.

15. duece5 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:20 AM

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!

16. bastyboy says: Jul 25, 2013 11:20 AM

“whose contribution likely will fall somewhere between Randy Moss (’98) and Troy Williamson (’05)”

Almost all the WR fall between those two players.

17. jimboinlimbo says: Jul 25, 2013 11:22 AM

Floyd is legit. Future Pro Bowler. Rhodes appears to have the tools to bolster the defensive backfield and take yet another step forward. Patterson, however, seems like something of a knucklehead. Not sure what to think there.

At any rate, the Vikings are much more talented than last year. Hopefully that will translate into 10 or 11 wins and a playoff berth.

18. contra74 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:24 AM

Great front office money management allowed the Vikings to draft and sign 3 first rounders. Vikings future is looking bright. The Packers with their money problems…not so much.

19. roidsg3 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:25 AM

Now its time to do some damage! Skol!!

20. moerawn says: Jul 25, 2013 11:25 AM

The last three things they will win all year.

21. tokyosandb1aster says: Jul 25, 2013 11:26 AM

Packers are gonna be right there til the end in the North! I got some salted, cured meat right here.

22. twilson962 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:27 AM

Strike 1
    Strike 2
    Strike 3

YOU’RE OUT!

23. jmac34 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:30 AM

I think we’ll call him fumbles. really doubt anyone gets this reference

24. heyguru1969 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:32 AM

Patterson’s younger brother Corduroy want’s to be known someday as The Fabric Of Our Lives, a name he stole from former Baltimore RB Kenyon Cotton. I hear he’s a wale of a player.

25. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Jul 25, 2013 11:33 AM

It’s going to be something beautiful, majestic.

We’re going to be a force to be reckoned with for yearsto come.

Skol Vikings. Today, tomorrow, forever.

26. willbrownimaging says: Jul 25, 2013 11:33 AM

You don’t get to pick your own nickname.

27. purpleguy says: Jul 25, 2013 11:34 AM

Don’t get caught speeding on hwy 169 on the way to camp boys — this isn’t Wisconsin where Barney Fife and company look the other way with NFL players.

28. jwcarlson says: Jul 25, 2013 11:34 AM

2010 Draft those picks (Bulaga, Tebow, Kyle Wilson) would have cost the Vikings $24.6M guaranteed. This year somewhere in the $12M range?

29. norseman55 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:34 AM

Chauffeur Childress has just been sent to the airport to pick them up.

30. blizzard01 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:40 AM

Love it!

31. jarrman46 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:41 AM

Ladies and gentlemen your 2013 Seattle Seahawks developmental squad

32. tokyosandb1aster says: Jul 25, 2013 11:42 AM

We don’t like thinking about Randy Moss.

33. gb4mn0 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:43 AM

Blah Blah Blah…………..yawn

34. donth8thehorns says: Jul 25, 2013 11:44 AM

Here we go boys! Now, we just need a QB worthy! Then off to the races! If ponder sucks this year, we need to package up some 1sts, and get a franchise QB! Will be the next move if CP7 stinks

35. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jul 25, 2013 11:48 AM

I don’t know if these three will make a big impact this season, but we should expect them to be major contributors for many years. This is how you build a team, m’boy.

36. vikingsrulez69 says: Jul 25, 2013 11:55 AM

CP84, lets accomplish something before we start talking nicknames…

37. fwippel says: Jul 25, 2013 11:58 AM

Make or break year for Ponder and Frazier. The Vikings look like they’re going to be better this year, but they sure aren’t getting any respect from the so-called experts.

Yeah, those same experts that predicted 4-6 wins a year ago.

38. donth8thehorns says: Jul 25, 2013 11:59 AM

Awe shucks, now is the time in the show when the fudge packers start spewing their dribble, in 3…..2……1……
    Is Aaron “I support” roids Rodgers out of hiding yet????? No wonder the fans live in the past, with a declining team, no D dense , and a QB with no Honor, I would live in the past too

39. donth8thehorns says: Jul 25, 2013 12:04 PM

I think this kid Is gonna be special!!!!! I like the enthusiasm! He has huge shoes to fill! Man, do u remember back in 98 when Moss started catching those insane passes! That was bad Ars!!!!! Lets get some of that magic back

40. blizzard01 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:11 PM

gb4mn0 says:Jul 25, 2013 11:43 AM

Blah Blah Blah…………..yawn

—————————————
    What’s the latest Vikings post?- Oh, I see it- they
    signed all their first round picks. I hate those guys. And their fans think they’re so great.
    Man that burns me up. How can I show how much I hate those guys, without looking like I care so much about everything they do. Can’t make it look like I don’t have a full life.
    I got it! I’ll post with a yawn at the end!
    I’m so clever!!! and I matter!

41. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Jul 25, 2013 12:13 PM

Love seeing the preaseason enthusiasm of vik fans! It’s so cute and enduring.

42. gopackgo5212 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:16 PM

You viking fans should really open your eyes. So apparently all of the packers picks will be busts but your guys will crush the packers and are already pro bowlers. Typical homers.

43. stellarperformance says: Jul 25, 2013 12:17 PM

84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says:
    Jul 25, 2013 11:33 AM
    I can’t wait for Rodgers to meet Sharrif. Or the Packers secondary to see CP84 fly right by them, leaving them wondering, what just happened. It’s going to be something beautiful, majestic. We’re going to be a force to be reckoned with for yearsto come. Skol Vikings. Today, tomorrow, forever
    ///////////////////////////////////////

Typical Viking fan braggart. All hat, no cattle. Why don’t you accomplish something first, anything, before claiming victory?

Henry Ford said: “Reputations are built on what you do, not on what you say you’re going to do.”

You and your merry band of wishful thinkers need to pay attention.

44. vikingsrulez69 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:17 PM

jwcarlson says:Jul 25, 2013 11:34 AM

—–

Yet another example showing how awesome Vikes front office is! Rick Spielman truly is a MAGICIAN!

45. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 25, 2013 12:33 PM

So much hatred from you little people. My work here is done for now.

46. 52lightsxout52 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:35 PM

As usual The PurplePaperChumps are crowning themselves champs before the games are even played. We’ll see how things look when the dust settles in January, it’s a loooong season, boys and girls…

47. prettyflyforawhiteguy1 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:39 PM

Vikings fans really crack me up – fans saying that Packers rely on Rodgers is the same as saying the Queens rely on Peterson. If either goes down there goes the season. Overall the Packers have much better depth cause of the genius that is Ted Thompson, so if any other players go down we can withstand better than the Queens. To those saying our D is worse – well, we finished higher than the Queens in points allowed which is the #1 D fact – what does that make the Queens defense? Oh right, an aging unit losing their best player (Winfield) and picked up a retread-middle LB who is going to blow his hamstring before week 1 (if he even makes it to training camp). Kiss the Rings Queens! Our franchise knows what it takes to be CHAMPIONS – your 0 Super Bowl rings makes me laugh. HAHAHA. It’s gotta suck being bridesmaid but never the bride to my Super Bowl winning Packers. As fans, we watch the game to see our team win the Super Bowl – no ifs ands or buts. You will never get to feel the JOY we feel by fielding such a winning team. And its not going to end during the Rodgers era, trust me. Everybody knows this is the Packers division with everyone else playing 2nd fiddle. Aren’y you used to it by now? Everyone LOVES the Packers team!

48. rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:39 PM

You viking fans and your team are going all the way this year…. A few rookies and a injured WR & LB through free agency always make the difference… “GO VIKINGS”…… See ya in NY..

49. elliottcovert says: Jul 25, 2013 12:45 PM

I already have a great idea for a sitcom where Rhodes, Patterson, and Floyd open up a law firm after they finish their respective playing careers.

I also predict this show will be cancelled almost immediately.

50. justice3434 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:48 PM

@Florio, Very nice, subtle Seinfeld reference up there!

51. degraz5 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:49 PM

Vikings complete trifecta:
    Win Division
    Win NFC Championship
    Win Super Bowl

52. gb4mn0 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:51 PM

contra74 says:
    Jul 25, 2013 11:24 AM

—————————————-

Being a pathological liar as well as afflicted with delusional disorder seems to be endemic with all you lavender Larry toads. The Packer financial report just released shows a cash reserve of 250.6 million. The Packers are among the top 5 richest sport franchises in the world. The vikequeefs…..not so much.

But who am I to question you, after all you played football all the way up to the NCAA level.

53. dcviking says: Jul 25, 2013 12:56 PM

tokyosandblaster says: Jul 25, 2013 11:12 AM

I’m excited for these youngsters.
    —————————————–

I didn’t know that tokyosandblaster used to play tight end for the Packers.

54. rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:59 PM

I like the way viking fans rip on other teams and the state they live in, because they have the best team and state in the country.. Stay classy viking fans…

55. fluffy19 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:59 PM

And CP84 wasn’t giving himself a nickname. He was answering a stupid question about what super hero name he would have.

56. aaronfraudgers says: Jul 25, 2013 1:00 PM

Patterson is about the same height and weight as Peterson. I wonder if Tramon Williams will be afraid to tackle him too.

57. jpmin says: Jul 25, 2013 1:02 PM

The flash bit is kind of a reach, wouldn’t you say? It’s my understanding he was responding to a stupid question more so than making a stupid statement.

58. taintedsaints2009 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:21 PM

Anybody that thinks moss is notorious in Minnesota is a moron. He is hands down the most exciting player to ever step on their field.

59. taintedsaints2009 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:23 PM

Contra

Stringer died because he was taking dangerous diet pills.

60. n001363 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:26 PM

Ladies and gentlemen your 2013 Seattle Seahawks developmental squad

Go hit the bong with Percy, then look up all those winning seasons over the years Seattle. My God, one good year and you think you’ve arrived. What an idiot!

61. rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:28 PM

contra74 –
    I wish i had your knowledge of all the NFL teams out there. Also I wish my team had half of the Super Bowls your team has… I guess a guy can only dream.. thanks for putting all of us fans in check..

62. iced107 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:30 PM

pillowporkers says:
    Jul 25, 2013 11:08 AM

————————————————————–

Please, if he had done the same damage as Austin as well as shown the same playmaking ability, he would have been drafted. But he didn’t, and therefore wasn’t.

BTW Austin timed faster than Patterson, both on combine and pro days. Patterson ran a 4.42 at the combine, Austin was 4.34. Hand timed at combine and pro day was 4.25, just .01 over Chris Johnson’s speed.

Patterson doesn’t have that speed.

63. ephilly04 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:40 PM

It doesn’t matter how fast Patterson is.. Ponder can’t put a deep ball down the field if his life depended on it. Unfortunately, he may be one of those players that has a QB that can’t get the ball to him. The Vikes should start Cassell, atleast he won’t lose us games..

64. gbmickey says: Jul 25, 2013 1:41 PM

Same rhetoric heard every year from the overshadowed viking fans. When you actually win the division come spout off as much as you want. Until then put another banner up for 2013 paper champions thats the only trifectic you are in the running for.

65. prettyflyforawhiteguy1 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:48 PM

I have some questions for Vikings fans, and I really want straight answera, ok guys?!

66. gb4mn0 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:49 PM

blizzard01 says:
    Jul 25, 2013 12:11 PM
    gb4mn0 says:Jul 25, 2013 11:43 AM

Blah Blah Blah…………..yawn

—————————————
    What’s the latest Vikings post?- Oh, I see it- they
    I got it! I’ll post with a yawn at the end!
    I’m so clever!!! and I matter!

——————————————–

I must matter to you. How else would you explain your ridiculous diatribe against me.

I’ll bet you’re jealous of me and want to be just like me. Undoubtedly you’re a closet Packer fan and you’re probably in the closet with other things in your life also.

In summation, The Packers have 4 Lombardi’s, The vikequeefs are left with 52 seasons of failure.

67. threedeep1998 says: Jul 25, 2013 1:52 PM

tokyosandblaster says: Jul 25, 2013 11:12 AM

————————————————————-

No job yet? Dude, your life is revolved around PFT articles about the Vikings. I feel bad for you man.

68. prettyflyforawhiteguy1 says: Jul 25, 2013 2:06 PM

gb4mn0 –

There’s just no reasoning with Queens fans. They don’t have a clue about sustaining success in the NFL like the Packers have the last 2 decades. They still think they can just “buy” a championship with Packers leftovers, but all that buys is 1 good year followed by 4 bad years. They can’t draft and develop so they sign our retreads – when that doesn’t work, they start over. This cyclical joke of a franchise will never win a Super Bowl with Ponder.

69. ponder7vikings says: Jul 25, 2013 2:15 PM

ESPN and NFLN have nothing but bad things to say about the vikings they can compete with anyone in the nfc..

70. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 25, 2013 2:16 PM

When was the last time that one team head 3 first round busts from the same draft?

71. contra74 says: Jul 25, 2013 2:17 PM

I love all the effort that packer fans are putting into trying to make the Vikings look bad. What are you all so worried about? It’s just the Vikings and apparently we aren’t your rivals. Right!? LOL

72. carp0417 says: Jul 25, 2013 2:25 PM

I wish that we could have a “Green Street Hooligans” showdown with all these idiotic packer fans. I can’t stand these un-educated predictions that their team is any good this year. Your time is done, the vikes are younger and taking over the north. And for the guy talking about how if Rogers and AP were injured that the Packers would be better off because they have a better team. What are you on?! Did you watch your team last season, no run game (rookie rb isn’t going to carry the team), defense that can’t stop the run. So basically a team fully dependent on Rogers.

73. ruvelligwebuike says: Jul 25, 2013 2:26 PM

It’s amazing how many Viking fans there are on these boards now. Zygi better take full advantage, because the entire world knows how fast they will disappear with a 1-3 start to the season.

74. banlarson says: Jul 25, 2013 2:27 PM

Vikings have $19.2 million this year in Allen and Kevin Williams, neither of which will most likely be back next year (see Floyd and Griffin). Outside of Peterson’s $11 mill/year contract (4 more years), the next highest is Greenway at $6 mill. Most of the team is made up of 1-3 year players all making < $1 mill.

Vikings seem setup for a long run, assuming the QB position can do its part. Scary to think if MN would just have lost to Washing 2 years ago they would have Andrew Luck to go with the rest of this group.

75. donth8thehorns says: Jul 25, 2013 2:27 PM

Funny, of all the teams in the League, only Packer Fans are soooo passionate about putting down their Rival Viking fans!
    What does that say?? It says that being a “fly over state” that’s all you people have! Is your packers! Your paper “stock” & inbred cheese eaters have nothing else to in Wisconsin, those long winter nights get awfully lonely on those farms! Is that a goat I hear? Nope! It is Rodgers betting his entire salary that his “partner” doesn’t juice up! Like all the other packer players ! Keep living in the past you guys, your team is on the decline and you will finish 3rd in the division this year, if your lucky

76. ruvelligwebuike says: Jul 25, 2013 2:36 PM

“Q: What does it feel like to have never won an important game or Super Bowl? Does it feel like you’ve wasted thousands of hours and dollars following a perennial loser? What does it feel like to always be mentioned 2nd behind the Packers?”
    —————————–

I’ll answer for them.

W-w-w-we don’t HAVE to watch the Vikings. There is more to life than football in Minnesota…not like those hicks from the other 49 states. We are the Paris of the Midwest, believe me!!! Art, culture, we even have parks in the city! No one else has that. We are superior.

Did I mention we have Target and 3M? It’s amazing. We’re so cultured too! Don’t pay attention to the fact that 98% of Minnesotans live within 9 miles of where we were born…we are WORLDY! This may come as a surprise to you as well, but we have a HUGE mall. It takes three hours to walk to The Gap!

See. Life is better here!

77. fargovikesfan says: Jul 25, 2013 2:42 PM

rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:59 PM

——————————————————–

yet every post on the Vikings gets infested by packer trolls posting the same old crap over and over…

78. rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 3:21 PM

fargovikesfan says:
    Jul 25, 2013 2:42 PM
    rikker12 says: Jul 25, 2013 12:59 PM

——————————————————–

————-
    Someone has put you delusional fans in check.
    And you are right about me posting on the Vikings post… This is actually my first time doing this, and the only reason why is because all the packer posts are infested with Viking fans… So its going both ways.

79. ktm300xcwe says: Jul 25, 2013 3:56 PM

gb4mn0 –

__________________________________

Really? Hmmmm lets see…..
    1968 8-6 won Division made playoffs
    1969 12-2 won Division, NFL Champions, SB IV
    1970 12-2 won Division made playoffs
    1971 11-3 won Division made playoffs
    1972 7-7
    1973 12-2 won Division, NFC Champions, SB VIII
    1974 10-4 won Division, NFC Champions, SB IX
    1975 12-2 won Division made playoffs
    1976 11-2-1 Won Division, NFC Champs, SB XI
    1977 9-5 won Division, lost in NFC Title game
    1978 8-7-1 won Division made playoffs.

Are you kidding me? Vikings franchise cannot sustain success?

80. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 25, 2013 3:58 PM

carp0417 says: Jul 25, 2013 2:25 PM

***********************************************

Because losing to the Packers twice per season (like they have in each of the past 3 years) isn’t enough humiliation for you people.

81. ktm300xcwe says: Jul 25, 2013 4:00 PM

1995 8-8
    1996 9-7 playoffs
    1997 9-7 playoffs
    1998 15-1 NFC Title game
    1999 10-6 playoffs
    2000 11-5 NFC Title game
    That is 13 years with on ONE losing season and missed the playoffs THREE times in 13.

82. Talk football or shut your pie hole... says: Jul 25, 2013 4:02 PM

It would be great if all you so called “fans” for the Vikings and the packers would just shut up. What a bunch of middle school kids you are collectively.

It’s ok to have a favorite team and ok to enjoy your teams success, even celebrate when your team beats some other team. But all the BS trying to one up someone else you likely have never met accomplishes absolutely nothing. No different than when you were in middle school, with the possible exception that your verbal vomit doesn’t end up with someone getting punched. Other than that you’re all just a bunch of children who aren’t accomplishing anything. Go do something constructive rather than trying to one up someone who isn’t smart enough to know you bested them or vice versa.

83. dobberdubinsky says: Jul 25, 2013 4:07 PM

jarrman46 says:
    Jul 25, 2013 11:41 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen your 2013 Seattle Seahawks.

—————————————–

And tell me exactly who you got from the Vikes that’s worth anything? Sidney Rice? Who cares, he’s had one good season and its when Brett Favre had his best. T-Joke? Well he lasted all of one crappy season for you guys. Harvin? You can have him and his headaches…..we’ll take 3 picks you have up for him especially if Flash pans out. Winfield? Well OK, I’ll admit it’ll be tough not seeing Antoine in purple but he’s on the downside of his career and it was probably a good decision by the Vikings brass to release him.

84. ashtongronholz8 says: Jul 25, 2013 4:09 PM

Packers fan blabbing about consistency and always having a good team is amusing. The overall record of Vikings vs packers is very close the only difference is the rings. To win a Super Bowl doesn’t just take talent, everything has to go exactly right which we haven’t been on the lucky end yet. Vikings have had plenty of teams in the past worthy of a bowl and it will come eventually I don’t doubt that one bit

85. ktm300xcwe says: Jul 25, 2013 4:44 PM

I can tell you this, the Vikings longest losing season streak is at 3 years. From their inception they went 3-11, 2-11-1, and 5-8-1. After that they have only had losing seasons for two years, then went on long term winning seasons and post season appearances. The Packers had a stretch from 1973 to 1992 where they made the playoffs ONE TIME in the 9 game 1982 season. In that twenty year stretch they had THREE winning seasons…..talk about consistency?

86. prettyflyforawhiteguy1 says: Jul 25, 2013 4:49 PM

ashtongronholz8 –

blah blah blah.. all I hear is wahhhhh, we haven’t been good enough to win a super bowl. the team who’s always talked about as #1 in the division has 4 super bowls.. wahhhhhhh

87. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Much of the teen angst so common among Viking fans would dissipate if those chronic underachievers ever managed to win a Superbowl.

Unfortunately they’re too hapless and tasteless.

88. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Jul 25, 2013 7:02 PM

bennyb82 says:Jul 25, 2013 11:16 AM

______

See last year’s games against San Francisco and Houston, two of the best teams in the NFL, for examples of Ponder leading the team to victory when Peterson wasn’t on his A game.

89. GenXJay says: Jul 25, 2013 7:29 PM

championship.

90. 84smooninlambeaunevergetsold says: Jul 25, 2013 8:26 PM

Week 17 of last season.

Ponder, and Peterson.

Both, brought their A game.

In denial?

91. lnfinite says: Jul 26, 2013 1:04 AM

filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 25, 2013 6:05 PM

Unfortunately they’re too hapless and tasteless.

—————————————————

Typical arrogant Packer fan. They have to talk smack on a Viking thread because of one simple reason: They fear the Vikings. They spam on Viking stories. They deny that the Vikings are not their rival. The one question still remains. If the Vikings are not your rival, then why pay so much to the Vikings?

We already know the answer so please continue to deny………………………………..