Aaron Rodgers: Ryan Braun looked me in the eye and lied

Green Bay Packers v Houston Texans Getty Images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgersoutspoken support of Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun’s staunch denial of performance-enhancing drug use came back to bite him this week when Braun was suspended 65 games by Major League Baseball and admitted that he was a great deal less than truthful in those denials.

Rodgers addressed Braun’s suspension and his support, which included a Twitter bet of a year’s salary, for Braun in the past on Friday by saying he doesn’t regret backing up a friend, but that he wishes he had a more measured response at the time. He also wishes that Braun had not looked him in the face and lied.

“I was shocked, I really was, just like many of you were,” Rodgers said, via Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “I was backing up a friend. He looked me in the eye on multiple occassions and repeatedly denied these allegations and said they were not true. So, it is disappointing, not only for myself as a friend, but for obviously Wisconsin sports fans, Brewer fans, really baseball fans. It doesn’t feel great being lied to like that and I’m disappointed in the way it all went down.”

Rodgers, who said the fate of the restaurant partnership he has with Braun was “yet to be determined,” didn’t directly answer whether he still considered Braun a friend. He did say “the thing that probably hurts the most” was that someone he trusted did this, which, in our experience, doesn’t make for the best trait in a business partner or friend.

Which makes Rodgers’ tone on Friday a particularly appropriate one.

Permalink 128 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
128 Responses to “Aaron Rodgers: Ryan Braun looked me in the eye and lied”
  1. 7ransponder says: Jul 26, 2013 2:08 PM

And you’d do the same back to him if the roles were reversed.

2. reesesteel23 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:09 PM

If you cant tell they were a couple you’re blind haha….

Aaron’s sooo sensitive with a lisssssp

3. johnnyjagfan says: Jul 26, 2013 2:09 PM

So glad to see him not be an apologist for Braun. Rodgers is an outspoken guy with a different since of humor and a different approach to communication, generally. So, I hope he doesn’t change his style. This situation arose because his friend betrayed him, as he did so many others.

4. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 26, 2013 2:09 PM

I wonder if Adrian Peterson’s friends will have the same reaction when (not if) his roid/HGH use is discovered.

5. nflcrimerankingscom says: Jul 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Nice job taking some personal responsibility for your aggressive stance, Aaron.

6. eaglesw00t says: Jul 26, 2013 2:10 PM

#exhonerated

Oh wait…

I still want to see an apology to MLB and to fans. Rodgers lambasted fans that didnt agree that he was exhonerated because he got off on a technicality.

Rodgers had no problem going off on them. Lets see an actual apology instead of just toeing the party line.

7. phreakin says: Jul 26, 2013 2:10 PM

At least he wasn’t flabbergasted

8. jeremywflores says: Jul 26, 2013 2:10 PM

You dun goof’d!

9. thestrategyexpert says: Jul 26, 2013 2:11 PM

So people can’t buy a Brauny Lad sandwich and toss it at the window?

10. unbiasfan says: Jul 26, 2013 2:11 PM

The whole Green Bay Packers team needs to be checked for PED’s starting with Clay Matthews, expose the Packers for the frauds they are! #cheaters

11. ravensmike410 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:12 PM

I could forgive a friend for lying to me, even repeatedly, and remain friends. However, business partners may not be something I’d continue. I’d want to distance myself from him as far as business goes.

12. 15starr says: Jul 26, 2013 2:12 PM

I don’t like Braun anymore. Horrible.

13. nygf says: Jul 26, 2013 2:13 PM

Poor you!

-Livia Soprano

14. kabasaman says: Jul 26, 2013 2:13 PM

What kind of person does that? Someone who is desperate.

15. charism4 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:14 PM

Well said. Quality face of the NFL.

16. scorpiox1960 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:14 PM

I think Aaron should make a video like the one from the woman at Redskins camp. Complete with mouth full of spit and slobber.

17. bennyb82 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:14 PM

However, Ryan said he had his fingers crossed which we all know cancels out the statement.

18. ialwayswantedtobeabanker says: Jul 26, 2013 2:14 PM

My opinion: Rodgers comes out of this looking strong for having his friend’s back in a tough time and then coming to realize later – and Braun comes out sooooooooo much douchier.

Braun is a pariah with a heartbeat. A-Fraud – you’re next.

19. foobarfoofoo says: Jul 26, 2013 2:14 PM

Next time he better do a discount doublecheck …

20. jackdw44 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:17 PM

They don’t own the business. They basically are being paid for the use of their likeness. The business is owned and operated by a separate entity.

21. ss2k8 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:18 PM

Now put on that Alex Smith jersey and get back to work.

22. crubenst says: Jul 26, 2013 2:18 PM

So is he going the pay the guy his salary or not? If not he’s a liar too.

23. reesesteel23 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:18 PM

“Rodgers is an outspoken guy with a different since of humor and a different approach to communication, generally. So, I hope he doesn’t change his style…..”

^^I dont get it….when a Quarterback bashes and pokes fun at fans he’s outspoken and has a different sense of humor…..If it were a wide receiver or running back that talked the way he did to fans you would call him an idiot, a locker room cancer and everything else in the book.

24. bobzilla1001 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:18 PM

Lance Armstrong fooled the media for years. Yet I didn’t hear or read one iota of shock from any of them when Armstrong was discovered to be a lying, cheating dog.

25. learysdisciples says: Jul 26, 2013 2:18 PM

When I look into your eyes
    I can see a love restrained
    But darlin’ when I hold you
    Don’t you know I feel the same

26. willbrownimaging says: Jul 26, 2013 2:20 PM

So…is Rodgers gonna give that other guy a years salary…or…?

27. shkz4 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:20 PM

So, is that means that he’ll man up and pay the bet (a gamecheck at least).

Is he a man without honor and integrity???

P.S. AG, you still have yet to wear Alex Smith’s (49ers) Jersey, when they beat you and you made the bet with Boyz….just saying.

28. theuglitruth says: Jul 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Hey Aaron….eat some crow for your grandstanding non-sense. #gullable, #insertfootinmouth, #getthefacts, #knuclehead

29. rhamrhoddy says: Jul 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Braun can sit his solid gold house by himself from now on.

30. donmega72 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:21 PM

Will Arron Rodgers state he was “shocked” replace Tiki being “flabbergasted”?

31. 666foles says: Jul 26, 2013 2:21 PM

You talking about him not using PEDS or when he told you he wouldnt get caught?

32. slder78 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:21 PM

“If the Niners win, I’ll wear their jersey.”

LIAR!

33. siggy00 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:22 PM

And if you don’t donate your 2013 pay to charity? You will be a liar as well.

34. pillowporkers says: Jul 26, 2013 2:22 PM

wow. this makes me think even less of Rodgers. You’re so hurt Aaron. He lied to you, and now you throw him under the bus. Should’ve just kept your mouth shut again, just like the first time. You didn’t need to respond. Talk about insecure.

35. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:22 PM

There is something regal about Rodgers when he gets backed into a corner in situations like this. His character and leadership traits are off the charts. He’s almost in a class with Bart.

And that’s why Viking fans are consumed with their hatred of him.

Packer fans should enjoy it while it lasts, because these hall of fame QB’s only come around in Green Bay every 13 years or so.

36. drich1960 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:22 PM

So….are you going to pony up the 4.5 million or are you going to look us in the face & lie???

37. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 26, 2013 2:22 PM

Ban Lyan Braun, A-Fraud, Manny Ramirass, Cabrertard, COlON, and any other cheatin clown that they catch using this crud.

38. ninefingers9 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:23 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:09 PM

—–
    *clay matthews. FTFY

39. contra74 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:23 PM

Aaron Rodgers: Ryan Braun looked me in the eye and lied
    ———-
    Just like you looked Boyz II Men in the eye and lied about honoring your bet.

Just like you looked at the Twitter guy in the eye and lied about honoring your bet.

Just like you looked in the cancer survivors eye and…well….you get the point Aaron.

40. saints97 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:24 PM

You have to be a naive moron to have believed Braun’s completely unscientific denials and explanations of his dirty piss. Rodgers is just trying to escape his finger-wagging by playing the victim card. The best part is that the same dumb fans who fell for Braun’s lies are now falling for Rodgers’ line of crap.

41. aaronfraudgers says: Jul 26, 2013 2:24 PM

Braun didn’t lie to Rodgers’ face. He lied to the back of Rodgers’ head while sweating.

42. truninerfan49 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:25 PM

Just like you lied to the fan on twitter

43. pillowporkers says: Jul 26, 2013 2:25 PM

A proper response would’ve been, “I’m not going to comment on that, I wish I wouldn’t have said anything the first time it came up, but it’s not my business, talk to him about it if you want to know.” I would’ve respected that response a lot more than him playing the victim card and throwing Braun (whom you call a friend) under the bus just like any other member of the media. That’s lame dude.

44. explosionsauce says: Jul 26, 2013 2:26 PM

Looking someone in the eye and lying is akin to say….making a fair bet and then not paying up. I’m talking about the Alex Smith jersey and the money you offered up on twitter. Stay classy Rodgers because you obviously don’t have honor.

45. hammerhead75 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:28 PM

Thank you for such an insightful contribution linking AD to PED’s. Are you close to your daily quota of mindless and repetitive posts?

These pro athletes could avoid so much heat if they just stayed off Twitter.

46. Renewed Republic says: Jul 26, 2013 2:29 PM

So, about that years salary…

47. harrycanyon says: Jul 26, 2013 2:29 PM

How are any of you sure Rogers isn’t doing the same substances his buddy is? The two seem a lot alike. He would want to save face and distance himself. No real reason to even comment publicly on it.

48. jayniner says: Jul 26, 2013 2:30 PM

As a Niners fan, I now actually kind of feel bad for Rodgers….he was just defending a friend who bold-faced lied to him.

But he still needs to own up to the Alex Smith jersey bet he welched on and address the Twitter remark that he’d bet this year’s salary($4.5 million) that Braun would test clean.

49. theuglitruth says: Jul 26, 2013 2:30 PM

Aaron Rodgers is like Cybill Sheperd…can’t control his emotions….then can’t take responsibility for his mistakes. Always the victim.

50. 12is3times4 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:33 PM

@jackdw44: Even so, I’d say a rebrand is in order for the 8-Twelve at the very least, as the “8″ half of the brand is damaged now.

A pity, because it’s a nice place with decent food, albeit a little on the spendy side. Supposedly they were going to open a second location in another part of metro Milwaukee later this year. Now those plans could be in some doubt too.

51. calicowboysfan86 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:34 PM

Lie enough and you’ll start believing yourself.

52. castleofcheese says: Jul 26, 2013 2:35 PM

contra74 says:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:23 PM

—–

Looked him in the eye on Twitter…?

53. Abattoir says: Jul 26, 2013 2:36 PM

I have an easier time forgiving Aaron Rodgers than I do Ryan Braun.

Still do not understand why Braun only got 65 game suspension, but that’s just me.

54. sterlingrodgers says: Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM

No matter what Aaron says or doesn’t say, there will be lots of troglodytes on this site to criticize him for it. Here, he can’t win. On the field he does, which is why so many representatives of the 31 other fan bases demonstrate their resentment time and time again that their teams don’t have #12 at quarterback.

55. thegreatgabbert says: Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM

What did Braun tell him, “The moustache looks great Aaron”?

56. EJ says: Jul 26, 2013 2:38 PM

If it were my friend and business partner, I would re-assure him that I understand people make mistakes and that if he wants me as a friend that lying is not cool. How could I have his back if I don’t know the truth?

As for the business part, I’d drop him instantly. There is no room for mistrust when Its dealing with money and my livelihood.

I could forgive a friend, just not a business partner.

57. georgeblanda says: Jul 26, 2013 2:39 PM

So all you idiots who think Rogers should pay a year’s salary for his “twitter bet” … do you also think Braun should pay for his statement “I would bet my LIFE that that stuff never entered my body”. I guess he has to kill himself according to your logic.

58. joeytorontosucks says: Jul 26, 2013 2:39 PM

You and I both. A-Rod will be next week.

59. greenandyellowarebabypoopcolorsiwouldrathrwearpink says: Jul 26, 2013 2:39 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:09 PM

***************************************
    I wonder if rodgers will have the same sniffle and hurt feelings with mathews is found to be doing the same stuff too, geee only time will tell

60. pack93z says: Jul 26, 2013 2:41 PM

Wait… so Aaron is throwing Braun under the bus.. really?

How about all the people that Braun threw under the bus by lying to everyone.. teammates, friends, family, and team.

I hardly see where Rodgers is at fault with his statement today.

Now.. as far as not honoring a jersey bet.. absolutely deserves to be criticized for that.

That “bet” on twitter.. I have yet to see where the other party accepted the bet and what his portion of the wager was. True?

61. settheraytojerry2001 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:42 PM

I’m a gambler and his statement was not a bet. When asked a question about Braun He said ‘ya, I’d bet my next years salary on it’ Sorry but this statement does not constitute a bet. The ‘I’d bet’ insinuates that if the parties were to come to an agreement on terms that he would possibly be willing to enter into an agreement. Then the parties would need to work out the terms of the bet as I’m sure the original tweeter could not have afforded to pay Rodgers a full years salary had Braun not been suspended. Had he say ‘I will bet you right now’ terms would still need to be agreed upon by both parties and as no terms we’re agreed upon this is merely a bold ‘statement ‘ and not in fact a bet.

62. mjs2012 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:42 PM

A lot of you are really struggling to understand the difference between tweeting “I’d bet a year’s salary” and actually making a wager with a contract signed.

Rodgers doesn’t “owe” anything to that guy on Twitter.

63. pack93z says: Jul 26, 2013 2:44 PM

If Braun was Rodgers friend, he would have gotten out in front of this when the second round of accusations came out and warned his friend that he had lied.

Or if there is still more to the Braun story, you would have thought Braun would have fell on the sword long ago before putting those around him on the hook for his “mistakes”.

64. abninf says: Jul 26, 2013 2:45 PM

If Rogers is so upset about this he should take the lead to get HGH testing implemented in his ranks. What does he think about half, or probably the majority, of his teammates being juiced?

65. green41563 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:46 PM

Pay the bet.

66. The Prophet says: Jul 26, 2013 2:47 PM

Rodgers is such a “loyal friend” that he throws him under the bus just because of some Twitter idiot made a bet with him? Was AR indicted or under oath or something that he felt compelled to reveal private conversations just to “free” himself from a stupid Twitter bet with a dumb fan?

and btw, this is like refusing to pay for a bet u lost on the Bills in 1990 since Scott Norwood lied to everyone when he said he could make the kick. PAY UP RODGERS!

67. snaponrules says: Jul 26, 2013 2:47 PM

He should have been able to see right through the lie. After all he has to be used to mathews looking at him and stating he doesn’t use steroids…yeh right.

68. kenstabler says: Jul 26, 2013 2:50 PM

Yea, my X wife looked me in the eye and said she had never cheated on me. A blood test showed that my daughter was not mine.

Welcome to the real world Aaron.

I would divorce him as a business partner, and a friend to put you in that position.

69. truckenlauten says: Jul 26, 2013 2:50 PM

TO all you idiots saying Aaron Rodgers should have too pay Todd Sutton a years salary get your head out of your ass and listen to what Rodgers said. He said “I would bet a years salary that Braun was innocent” Todd Sutton never responded too him, NEVER SAID OK IT’S A BET.
    Aaron owes Nothing to Mr. Sutton.

70. dublindemonszfl says: Jul 26, 2013 2:52 PM

What did Brian say? “Hey Aaron, the packers are really good.” You’re correct that’s a damn lie!

71. edawg7l says: Jul 26, 2013 2:52 PM

Never, in my life, would I bet any amount of money that any pro athlete is not using performance enhancing drugs.

72. clemenza58 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:52 PM

Braun may have lied but Rodgers is accountable for what comes out of his mouth and what gets posted to his Twitter account. Let me guess Aaron, your Twitter account was hacked?

Should’ve “Discount Double Checked.”

73. clemenza58 says: Jul 26, 2013 2:54 PM

Rodgers might be the most emotionally fragile franchise quarterback to ever play the game.

74. truthfactory says: Jul 26, 2013 2:57 PM

Sorry Rogers, but did you even read what had happened?? He tested POSITIVE. He got off on a technicality because of how the sample was handled. Not because they misread the results or something.

If you believed him, you were an idiot and ignored the facts along with common sense.

75. staylor112889 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:03 PM

Sounds like Braun would make a great politician.

76. fanofevilempire says: Jul 26, 2013 3:08 PM

did he say anything about the 31 million dollar bet he made and lost, when is he going to pay up, I could care less about his friendship with Braun, it’s all nonsense. I hope the restaurant closes down too!

77. philtration says: Jul 26, 2013 3:09 PM

And then you ripped everyone that saw through the lie that you were fooled by.
    Great QB but becoming a bigger jag off by the minute.

78. mvp43 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:14 PM

Way to go Chuck, you said all the right things. You were duped like the rest of us.

79. mnicgor says: Jul 26, 2013 3:17 PM

Bet? What bet? for a wager to be valid both parties need to put something on the table. What was the other guy putting up?

exactly. buy a dictionary and look up ‘wager’, viqueen mouth-breathers

80. taintedsaints2009 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:19 PM

Kind of reminds me of the movie flight. Lawyers can get toxicology results thrown out because of technicalities that are not a big deal.

Lawyers…you’re so corrupt.

81. cmdrsmooth says: Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM

So pay up Aaron. You were wrong.

82. mrlaloosh says: Jul 26, 2013 3:31 PM

He had Braun’s back? I bet he did. I bet he did……

83. dcviking says: Jul 26, 2013 3:31 PM

I heard Braun also told Aaron that he was tall as well…

84. jimnsota says: Jul 26, 2013 3:39 PM

AWW, how romantic when he looked him in the eye they were sharing a fine cheese plate and a Leinenkugles light.

85. vjbarrios says: Jul 26, 2013 3:40 PM

Doesn’t there have to be 2 sides to a bet? what exactly did the other guy wager against Aaron??

86. koolaidsgonebad says: Jul 26, 2013 3:42 PM

I don’t know about you all but I was taught to be a man growing up. Part of that is paying your debts. So Aaron pay up or shut up!!! It does not matter what your “friend” did, you made a bet on the information you had…. like we all do if betting. Pay up loser. If not, I hope you get slammed this year by Suh, Sharrif Floyd, Fairley, Jarrod Allan, ….. Actually I want you to get slammed either way.

87. rhamrhoddy says: Jul 26, 2013 3:42 PM

thegreatgabbert says:
    Jul 26, 2013 2:37 PM
    What did Braun tell him, “The moustache looks great Aaron”?

_____________

Hahh Gabbert’s on a roll today.

Ahhhhhhrrr!

88. beerbratscheese says: Jul 26, 2013 3:43 PM

Seriously guys, enough of the “pay the bet” statements. Here’s how it went:

Sutton: Are you sure he’s clean?

Rodgers: I’d bet a years pay on it.

Sutton: …….

No agreement was made. There is nothing that needs to be honored here. If Sutton would have said he’d take the bet, then I’d agree that Rodgers should pay up, but Sutton obviously wasn’t sure enough to play with stakes that big.

89. barroomhero80 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Mind you it was while they were making love

90. bmobryce says: Jul 26, 2013 3:45 PM

Why no mention of the statement about him giving up his paycheck?

He’s tap dancing either to hoping it goes away or to buy some time to figure out how he wants to proceed with it.

It better be the latter. This guy took it upon himself to tear into fans, the MLB, and the same ones who went after Braun. He didn’t have to. He wasn’t asked for his opinion, he just gave it. Now, he has to give up some cash.

91. deiong says: Jul 26, 2013 3:45 PM

and in a few months we will find out he was in on it also…..

92. zeedoubleyou says: Jul 26, 2013 3:47 PM

As children, Braun and Clay used to ride their bikes over to Lance Armstrong’s house.

93. louhudson23 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:50 PM

Rodgers did not throw “his friend under the bus”…he owes Braun nothing more than the time of day at this point….

94. beerbratscheese says: Jul 26, 2013 3:58 PM

Maybe Rodgers shouldn’t have been so critical of thye media and MLB, but then again, can anyone tell me when a players name is allowed to be brought up in connection with PEDs?

It’s after they get suspended. Braun’s name should not have been linked the PEDs in the media until his name appeared on that list from BioGenesis. But the media dragged his name through all kinds of mud and dirt prior to that.

Sure he was guilty; I give you that. But he was initially cleared of all charges by the arbitrator, and we should not have even heard a peep about that entire incident.

Now, Braun looked him in the eye and said he was innocent, and then he was cleared of everything. Rodgers was doing nothing more than getting a few counter-jabs in, in retaliation.

95. footballnut2011 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:59 PM

This clown keeps making bets and not paying up. Pay up or come out of the closet erin.

96. citiciti says: Jul 26, 2013 4:03 PM

“Pay up Sucker”

97. draculalambert says: Jul 26, 2013 4:13 PM

everyone lies…we all know Rodgers isn’t on THE GAS because he’s a pencil neck geek.

98. thermanmerman99 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:15 PM

and rodgers looks us in the eye and lies during those pizza hut tv commercials. everybody knows he doesnt eat that crap

99. purpleguy says: Jul 26, 2013 4:24 PM

The only reason Rodgers had to make the allegedly regal and classy statements he made today were because of the petty and classless tweets he made a year ago. As far as class, the guy has a long way to go to reach Bart Starr.

100. mute617 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:24 PM

After reading comments, I think some people have a very loose definition of “fans”

101. buddypuddy says: Jul 26, 2013 4:31 PM

I hope the Braun/Rodgers mancrush survives all this. They are so cute together.

102. bullcharger says: Jul 26, 2013 4:34 PM

I honestly don’t know how all the professional sports get out of the performance enhancing drug mess. What was Rodgers supposed to do. If the guy lied right too him and was a friend, Rodgers probably felt a strong need to support him. The lying is rampant. There is no way to tell who has taken performance enhancing drugs before and who is taking them now as the drugs surpass the detection capabilities regularly. Ultimately the risk is currently less than the reward, as getting millions of dollars is worth possibly getting caught. I think it needs to go more like this… if it’s legal, it’s allowed. If it’s illegal the player goes to jail. That’s probably still not enough to prevent someone from taking illegal PEDs. It’s a huge mess.

103. majikwen says: Jul 26, 2013 4:37 PM

the only way Braun is forgiven is if he goes into politics and runs for mayor…….. steroids are illegal, why isn’t Braun in jail !!!!

104. axespray says: Jul 26, 2013 4:38 PM

A guy “overcomes” his knee being blown up and goes onto have a monster season … meanwhile, some finesse linebacker has an alright/productive season, that must mean the linebacker is on roids and the running back is completely clean!
    LOGIC!

105. steelers24019 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:40 PM

He was shocked because so few professional athletes use performance enhancing drugs. If you believe that…

106. Ryan Graham says: Jul 26, 2013 4:51 PM

Rodgers handled this perfectly. There’s really nothing else he could have said. People who see this as a testament of his character or anything like that are idiotic. So it’s his fault that someone he trusted lied to him? Give me a break.

By the way, did anyone take Rodgers up on his bet? I’m sure Pete Rose got in on that action.

107. murlikoushik says: Jul 26, 2013 5:04 PM

I’d like to see Aaron Rodgers live up to his words. You bet a years salary, then find a charity and donate your salary this year.

108. jimnsota says: Jul 26, 2013 5:15 PM

Man, its going to hard on Rodgers when Clay maker has to face the music for his use.
    Looks like the way things are going Rodgers will be a Viking sooner than later after he forces a trade.

109. bender4700 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:17 PM

You guys realize if Aaron Rodgers paid money to anyone for a bet the NFL could suspend him right?

Not get suspended > listen to whiny people complain

110. granadafan says: Jul 26, 2013 5:20 PM

Ryan Braun should put up the year’s salary for Rodgers.

111. ilovefoolsball says: Jul 26, 2013 5:40 PM

Aaron Rodgers demands an explanation.

112. donnymacjack says: Jul 26, 2013 6:02 PM

You gotta feel bad for Rogers. I’m definitely no Packers fan and I think Rogers is a bit “aloof” at times but I’d love to have him as a teammate and/or friend.

The best kind of friend is the guy that will believe you on your word alone and any cost because you have his trust. Having that trust broken can harden and change a guy, in a way that isn’t better.

Hats off to you Aaron Rogers. You’re a better man than most, and certainly a better person than Braun. Don’t let this situation change you one bit.

113. dfpoor says: Jul 26, 2013 6:26 PM

Rodgers is a VERY smart guy. He went to Berkeley. He also knows professional sports are filled with doping, from swimming to track to cycling to football and baseball. Did Aaron Rodgers really think Braun’s test was tampered with? Or was he just making a smokescreen for his friend. Hard to believe Rodgers could be so stupid and naïve after watching Bonds, Clemens, Sosa, McGuire, Ortiz, Giambi, and many others cheat.

114. hatesycophants says: Jul 26, 2013 6:39 PM

Was he riding you like Seabiscuit when he told you these lies?

Doesn’t count.

115. dcviking says: Jul 26, 2013 7:31 PM

I hope nobody honestly believes that Rodgers should have to the pay bet…but it is funny.

Ya know, there is nothing wrong with believing in and standing up for your friend when he is accused of doing something wrong, but Aaron wouldn’t be catching all the heat is today if he

1) stayed off twitter

2) simply said something like “Ryan Braun is my friend and after hearing his side of the story, I believe my friend”.

Don’t come off like a snarky jerk on twitter when the only the reason Braun got off when some hokey chain of evidence scam — maybe tone it down just a bit.

Aaron was so much more likable (even to a Vikings fan) when he was just playing football and trying to win games…

116. GenXJay says: Jul 26, 2013 9:32 PM

probably not the 1st time Sharon’s taking it in the ass from buddy Braun.

117. pgilbert15303 says: Jul 26, 2013 9:50 PM

Don’t welch on your bet Aaron. Donate your salary to a wonderful charity of your choice.

We all need to honor our guarantees. I’m sure you understand; you are a Berkeley grad…

118. wbakoh136 says: Jul 26, 2013 11:38 PM

Aaron Rodgers fan!welcome to my blog

119. contra74 says: Jul 27, 2013 3:22 AM

It’s a shame that packer fans think they can somehow twist this around into something positive for Aaron. Truth is, packer fans live through Aaron because there is no hope for themselves alone.

120. chi01town says: Jul 27, 2013 8:53 AM

Rodgers will beat Millions that Braun aint on peds because he knows him. Rodgers is tell people him and Braun is looking in each other’s eyes and telling Lies. Rodgers turned down a date with miss America.

121. pack13queens0 says: Jul 27, 2013 8:58 AM

Who cares? Baseball is boring, it’s all about football & Nascar.

122. chi01town says: Jul 27, 2013 10:19 AM

On this site you cant say everything
    so if my last post got by you. Im saying Rodgers is looking in Braun’s eyes.

123. tackandcover says: Jul 27, 2013 10:38 AM

Oh boo hoo for Aaron Rodgers. He looked me in the eye and lied to me. What about thee 3 million or so people who every year pay their hard earned money to watch frauds like “Brauny” play a kid’s game. What about the people who are paying for that half billion dollar ugly stadium so Brauny and his ilk can makes tens of millions of dollars a year playing a game. What about the chumps who forked over money so they could wear their replica jerseys with the #8 on it. What about the poor schmuck who has a personalized Brewers license plate with “Brauny” on it.

But no, lie to a GB Packer and it makes headlines. Wisconsin, where Xmas Eve church services are canceled because “The Pack” is playing football.

124. The Prophet says: Jul 27, 2013 11:22 AM

Y’know if Rodgers had just not opened his big mouth and made a stupid bet on Twitter none of this would’ve happened, and now AR is hanging Braun out to dry to cover his own ass. Would someone put the gag order on Rodgers already, and tell him to stop voicing his opinion on everyone else!

125. manhandler1 says: Jul 27, 2013 1:13 PM

Now, about that years salary thing.

126. cobaltdriver says: Jul 30, 2013 5:30 PM

why is Rodgers getting the hate? He stuck up for a freind..Favre lied to everybody..cried, whine, slung pics of his dong (the old dongslinger) and all u Packer and Vike “fans” still act likethe guy walks on water…Give Rodgers a break..

127. atacoshipinaseaofwhitesauce says: Jul 31, 2013 11:18 PM

Some posters haven’t thought this through:

Braun & Rogers own a restaurant together.

Defending Braun’s character on twitter was not the act of a friend but of a business partner. Like everything else in pro sports…

it’s just business.

128. orivar says: Aug 2, 2013 12:01 AM

Doesn’t make a good trait for business at all but on the list of lies, it honestly isn’t the most damaging or really damaging at all. Forget the sport fans as they don’t matter in this equation don’t even know why Aaron brought that up.

Since it really isn’t damaging, not like he slept with his girlfriend or something, when the time comes around all Aaron needs to do is talk to him about like man. “Dude I had your back, why would you do that?”