Adrian Peterson: I’m clean, but some players use HGH

Green Bay Packers v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

At a time when athletes who accomplish extraordinary things are instantly suspected of using performance-enhancing drugs, Adrian Peterson is coming off one of the most extraordinary seasons in NFL history, bouncing back from a major knee injury to rush for more than 2,000 yards and win the MVP. So Peterson knows there are some who suspect him of being dirty.

“I take it as a compliment when I hear people say things like that,” Peterson told reporters today. “It shows how blessed I am.”

Peterson wants to make clear, however, that he has never used human growth hormone and is glad the NFL and the players’ union are finally coming together to work out a plan for testing players for HGH.

“I like it. I love it,” Peterson said of HGH testing. “To be honest with you, I’ve been hoping that they did this a long time ago. . . . I’m all natural. I work hard. So for me personally, everybody will know I’m clean as a whistle.”

Peterson also believes, however, that some players are using HGH and will get busted when the league starts testing.

“It will bring some guys to the forefront and be like, hey, I guess this is how this guy has been performing so well,” Peterson said.

Peterson is surely right that some players are using HGH. And the players who are clean will benefit from weeding out the players who are cheating.

Permalink 124 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
124 Responses to “Adrian Peterson: I’m clean, but some players use HGH”
  1. elwaysagenius says: Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM

Ill bet a years salary that AP did take steroids.

2. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. pillowporkers says: Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM

Hurry up and get this testing implemented fast. 2,500 yards will be a walk in the park once you take out the PED using Clay Mathews, etc. of the NFL.

4. eclipsingbinary says: Jul 26, 2013 3:21 PM

Troll it up TKO Tokyo and McNasty!

5. beavertonsteve says: Jul 26, 2013 3:21 PM

…but have you EVER used it?

6. steelbloggin says: Jul 26, 2013 3:21 PM

That’s how every NFL player should feel about HGH testing

7. reesesteel23 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Yep….Been a beast a long time…I ask you, when did he start using?

Ran for a Kagillion yards in highschool
    Ran for 2000 as a Freshie at OU
    1300 hist 1st,3rd,4th year
    1700 his 2nd
    Over 900 in 2011, Tore his ACL and MCL and Vowed to come back Better

I don’t have to tell you the rest….only dude I think is 100% clean…ironic because he’s also the best player in the world.

8. scorpiox1960 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Did he say this to Aaron Rodger’s face?

9. nflcrimerankingscom says: Jul 26, 2013 3:22 PM

Yeah right.

10. drekomp says: Jul 26, 2013 3:24 PM

It’s extremely hard to dislike this guy.

11. gbatap says: Jul 26, 2013 3:25 PM

BS.

12. wsperegoiv says: Jul 26, 2013 3:25 PM

Adrian is right on, HGH testing really helps the players who are clean because it exposes the cheaters. Get the Brauns of the world out of sports for good.

13. unbiasfan says: Jul 26, 2013 3:26 PM

Adrian Peterson is a true NFL superstar and a great role-model..believe him when he says it

14. jasong165 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:26 PM

I believe you AP.

Sincerely yours,
    Ryan Braun

15. glennsyank13 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:27 PM

Were those quotes from Ryan Braun or Adrian Peterson?

16. changsteinelgamal says: Jul 26, 2013 3:28 PM

reesesteele23 said it best.
    If you grew up in TX and paid attention to high school football, you have been hearing about AP long before he showed up at OU.
    So unless he was getting it from his mama’s breastmilk, I believe he is clean and has been all along.

17. otis52gsh says: Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

If your so clean go do an independent test and put the whole thing on YouTube. All BS from Rockys wife.

18. kbookert says: Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

@elwaysagenius says:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM
    Ill bet a years salary that AP did take steroids.

That might mean something if you had a job.

19. 8to80texansblog says: Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

“I like it. I love it,” Peterson said of HGH
    _______________________________

I didn’t get any further than that…..

20. gbatap says: Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

RBs don’t get better with age, don’t get better after blowing up their knees and no one on the planet fully recovers from a reconstructed knee to set record breaking numbers in 9 months. If it wasn’t HGH it was something else.

I know a lot of people look up to him and love him as a player but don’t kid yourself, there’s nothing natural going on here and to think otherwise is completely ignorant.

21. dublindemonszfl says: Jul 26, 2013 3:29 PM

He’s always been a beast, no strange growth spurts and he has a normal sized head. It’s not like he hides the size of his melon with a bunch of long hair.

22. whatnojets says: Jul 26, 2013 3:30 PM

As he begins serving his mandatory NFL suspension, we clearly hear Mr. Peterson stating “that he has never used human growth hormone”.

23. deltaoracle says: Jul 26, 2013 3:32 PM

A lot of whistles are actually pretty dirty.

24. bledee10 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:33 PM

Everyone denies it. Hopefully at least some people are telling the truth, but it is getting harder and harder to believe in anyone. You know how to tell whois honest and who is lying?

Yeah, neither do I.

25. reesesteel23 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:33 PM

He should do a voluntary test just so he can hashtag the sh** out of fans when it comes back clean.

26. mclovin07 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:34 PM

AP is the real deal. Class act. Work’s his butt off. Gives you 110% every single play. Never whined once about his contract.

And I’d bet my salary he’s clean! ;)

27. kingpel says: Jul 26, 2013 3:35 PM

Well see. If they test in training camp I expect AP to start slow and then average 200 yards a game by December. PED user all the way.

28. pleazenufalready says: Jul 26, 2013 3:35 PM

Most of the packer trolls that are commenting couldn’t even spell HGH if you spotted them the first two letters…….asking them what the initials stand for wouldn’t even be fair

29. jetsoptimist says: Jul 26, 2013 3:36 PM

Wrestling was ruined for me when I found out it was fake. Baseball was ruined for me when they stop taking steroids and stopped hitting all them HR’s. The NFL will be ruined for me if they take out HGH, PED’s or whatever else, it won’t be the same.

30. theroc5156 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:39 PM

“I don’t want to name names, but I do know someone who’s name rhymes with Mared Jallen is chock-full of the crap”

31. packhawk04 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:40 PM

Hes as clean as barry bonds.

32. glazerh8er says: Jul 26, 2013 3:40 PM

I simply don’t believe any of them. There is too much money involved and I don’t care unless there is a policy which starts to pro-actively ban/suspend players caught. I don’t believe him especially, this is one of those hindsight things like in baseball. In hindsight when we look at the things Bonds did at 40 years old or just looked at Sosa/McGuire’s builds, it’s so obvious. Just like this, human beings don’t recover this well this fast to ACL injuries.

33. donth8thehorns says: Jul 26, 2013 3:40 PM

It’s sad when people with little to be happy for sit on a computer or phone and bash others who have achieved greatness!! He is the greatest RB if our ERA, no matter the team he plays for!
    I have the utmost respect for this guy! To achieve things from hard work & dedication, only to have some sad individuals who would trade their whole team to have this guy! The best ever!!!
    Skol Vikings!!! Super Bowl homeboy

34. footballnut2011 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:40 PM

Well said AD. It takes hard work and commitment to be the best. Personally, The first player i would like to see tested is Brian Cushing o’ wait he already got busted how about his very best buddy Clay Mathews. You can run but you can’t hide!!!!

35. vikescry1 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:41 PM

thats what ryan fraud i mean braun said…

36. rushmatic says: Jul 26, 2013 3:42 PM

Why am I not surprised that he said it like this?

37. barroomhero80 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:43 PM

Look at all you butthurt haters. Lol

38. donth8thehorns says: Jul 26, 2013 3:43 PM

You have to balance out the good with the bad!!
    Would I trade Adrian Perterson & Randy Moss highlights for a Lombardi Trophy?? Not a chance!
    1 -60 minute game, as opposed to seasons of highlight reels? I will take the memories of those Reels in Lou of a Lombardi for now! The Lombardi will come! You can bet on that! Next season, when all the pieces are in place, and we have a franchise QB, you can bet your sweet A$$ you win it all
    Skol

39. hoops737 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Two Words: CLAY MATTHEWS

40. brewdogg says: Jul 26, 2013 3:44 PM

Does Godell need the owner’s permission to offer voluntary tests? Do the owners need league permission for voluntary tests? I wouldn’t think so….. So let’s set up voluntary tests at every team’s HQ, say on Wednesday and Saturday every week. Those who voluntarily take the tests and come up clean every week will be clean. Those who refuse to take the test will have to suffer the insinuations that come from their choice.

It seems simple to me……

41. floratiotime says: Jul 26, 2013 3:46 PM

Pants … on … fire.

42. blacknole08 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:48 PM

Here’s something to ponder… maybe AP is actually telling the truth.

A guilty man would never say go ahead and test me.

43. HmongPride28FreeChaiSouaVang says: Jul 26, 2013 3:51 PM

Just keep running them over A.P! Put’em in their place… On the ground concuss’d!!

44. fryeways says: Jul 26, 2013 3:52 PM

I think he’s clean and is one of the all-time greats. Call me naive, but I don’t like to cast aspersions. That said, he shouldn’t either. Keep your head down and keep working, AP.

45. nodakpaul says: Jul 26, 2013 3:52 PM

@elwaysagenius says:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM
    Ill bet a years salary that AP did take steroids.
    ——————–

How much does your mom pay you to mow the grass for a year? ;)

46. Norseman says: Jul 26, 2013 3:53 PM

Wonder if one of the players AP knows uses HGH is Percy Harvin?

47. contra74 says: Jul 26, 2013 3:56 PM

Look at all the jealousy towards a man who actually works hard and doesnt take shortcuts. Its a shame that hard work is often dismissed by doubters as HGH.

48. mp4pack says: Jul 26, 2013 3:58 PM

Oh, he denies using HGH? Well, guess that settles it then. Why bother with testing, just ask these guys whether they’re using or not. Way cheaper.

49. glazerh8er says: Jul 26, 2013 3:59 PM

@blacknole

Actually, men found guilty of steroid use have said over and over and over things like “go ahead and test me” or “I’ve passed every test I’ve ever taken”. See the biggest user in history, Lance Armstrong, who, again, I don’t believe you should be able to do anything to IN HINDSIGHT. Catch people NOW and address the NOW, otherwise it’s a can of worms you can’t close.

50. jrmbadger says: Jul 26, 2013 4:03 PM

drekomp says: Jul 26, 2013 3:24 PM

It’s extremely hard to dislike this guy.
    =====================

Yes, it’s extremely hard to dislike a guy who compares playing in the NFL to slavery.

51. fargovikesfan says: Jul 26, 2013 4:08 PM

how come all the haters accuse AD of using HGH during his recovery, yet RGIII is on a similar recovery path (don’t yet know how effective he will be), and nobody is accusing him of doping?

Modern medicine has come a long way, and when you have the desire and work ethic that Peterson (or RGIII) have, you can accomplish greatness. I realize that most people nowadays can’t grasp that concept since they think the way to get ahead is to sit on their lazy asses with their hand out, but maybe if more people had HALF that motivation & desire, things would be a lot better.

52. hammerhead75 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:08 PM

I understand how people would suspect HGH, but his history paints a different picture. The guy was a football prodigy in pop warner, high school, college, and now the nfl. He broke the single game record his rookie year and has been running people over ever since. His body has not changed much at all since he came into the league, as opposed to Bonds monster cranium. Dr. Andrews said his knee looked like a newborns. Some people just get lucky with superior genes, and AD is one of those people.

53. gochargersgo says: Jul 26, 2013 4:08 PM

@elwaysagenius says:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM
    “Ill bet a years salary that AP did take steroids.”

You mean a years worth of hourly wages @ $7.50 per.

54. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 26, 2013 4:09 PM

Id bet a years salary on it

55. buckybadger says: Jul 26, 2013 4:10 PM

Have no reason not to believe him, he has earned the benefit of the doubt from me and I am a Packer fan. Look forward to watching him play this year when I head home for Thanksgiving.

56. Frazier28/7 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:11 PM

Test Adrian Peterson every day All Day and the MVP comes out clean All Day.

Keep talking Viking haters.

Adrian Peterson will win a Super Bowl as a Minnesota Viking.

We got to 4 Super Bowls playing outdoors, where are we playing 2014-15? That’s right, outdoors. Championship on the horizon for this franchise.

57. 12444uggg says: Jul 26, 2013 4:11 PM

My Heart and Brain are in a bit of a struggle here, but if I had to lay money down I think my Brain is probably right. AP would do well to distance himself from this issue.

58. draculalambert says: Jul 26, 2013 4:12 PM

AP has used…I’m convinced he’s been on “the gas” since rehab

59. aaronfraudgers says: Jul 26, 2013 4:14 PM

HGH just tested positive for Adrian Peterson.

60. dwarftosser says: Jul 26, 2013 4:16 PM

I believe AP. The man is a genetic freak of nature and has no need for such things.

Keeping on that thought raises on interesting question. Do players that have naturally higher values of growth hormone, testosterone, etc. have an unfair advantage over players that have naturally lower values?

61. mp4pack says: Jul 26, 2013 4:16 PM

Clay Matthews had a college teammate who used. He obviously uses. Adrian Peterson had a catastrophic knee injury that takes any normal human at least a year to fully recover from. 9 months later, he has possibly the best season ever by an NFL running back. Clearly clean as a whistle. Viking are great for comedy value, you have to give them that. Good luck with those annual super bowl predictions.

62. torontofalcon says: Jul 26, 2013 4:16 PM

You can tell who juices, AP has always been a genetic freak this injury just made him work 10x harder. Guys like Clay Mathews who have one move “bull rush the tackle as hard as I can” are probably juicing.

63. thermanmerman99 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:18 PM

adrian roiderson, the “ryan braun” of football. i cant wait until this blatant liar is exposed as a liar. no doubt whatsoever, his dad was in prison for theft, so you think he doesnt have skills to lie and cheat and use PEDS and lie about it to peoples face? HAHA i bet all of you morons who defend him all believed obama was going to be great in 2008 also , brainwashed losers

64. tennesseeoilers says: Jul 26, 2013 4:18 PM

I for one absolutely believe him. AP’s got a spotless track record–much like my favorite player of all time, Darrell Green. They are BOTH freaks of nature. What’s freakier? What AP did after his injury or Green running a 4.24 forty (Chris Johnson’s top speed) as a 40-year-old starter in the NFL? And now you’re gonna tell me tiny Darrell Green was using PEDs all those years (1983 – 2002)? Nope, AP’s clean as a whistle indeed.

65. beerbratscheese says: Jul 26, 2013 4:19 PM

Didn’t Ryan Braun make that same statement last year?

66. legendaryviking28 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:19 PM

only players in Wisconsin use PEDS, the MVP don’t need help.

67. deltaoracle says: Jul 26, 2013 4:19 PM

Donth8thehorns – yeah, okay.
    But see the thing is, it’s better to have the Lombardi AND the season’s highlights. Glad to hear you’re looking forward to next year. That’s what a Heidi fan needs to learn to do in LIEU of being excited about this year. SKOL – So Keep On Looking.

68. taintedsaints2009 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:23 PM

If hgh allows injuries to heal faster and better than traditional methods, the I say let them take it. I see no problem if a guy like Greg childs can heal his knees and get back on the field, or at the very least walk normally again.

I believe Peterson, but his peers have not done him any favors and people are more than justified in being skeptical of his remarkable recovery.

69. nflpoker says: Jul 26, 2013 4:24 PM

I think he should volunteer and take a test for HGH and PED. Why? I would love to see all haters look stupid, if they haven’t proved it already, when it comes back clean. I don’t think he uses.

BTW, if they start doing HGH tests and “weed” out all the users, they will need a really big weed whacker to do it.

70. phinswinafceast says: Jul 26, 2013 4:27 PM

I wonder how many QBs are using HGH to bulk up and strengthen up or just during the course of the season to get past some injuries. If it comes out that our high profile QBs are getting busted using HGH, then I will be shocked

71. tooz72 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:27 PM

elwaysagenius says:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:20 PM
    Ill bet a years salary that AP did take steroids.

102 179

Burger King doesnt pay much

72. longcutskolvikes says: Jul 26, 2013 4:28 PM

I cannot wait to watch AD run all over the Pack this year. Skol!

73. exhelodrvr says: Jul 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Why not voluntarily be tested every X number of days, and then challenge the rest of the players to do the same thing?

74. thermanmerman99 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:35 PM

what is the difference between a junk car and the vikings? a junk car has a title

75. couple1314 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:35 PM

Sorry Clayroids. Hope your career can be as productive without HGH.

76. cfeeley52 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:36 PM

donth8thehorns says:
    Jul 26, 2013 3:43 PM
    You have to balance out the good with the bad!!
    Skol
    ————————————-
    people who say money can’t buy happiness don’t have any, same thing goes for lombardis. Keep clutching that highlight reel as you cry yourself to sleep each night…

77. wipackman1265 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:38 PM

AP is a liar… No one heals that fast…. He’ll be nothing when they start testing. Clay is clean and AP is a queen !!

78. axespray says: Jul 26, 2013 4:44 PM

I’m sure Braun thought he was just “Blessed” …smh.

How is some linebacker supposedly on roids yet this “Slave” doofus isn’t.

79. noring4youstill says: Jul 26, 2013 4:44 PM

Fast forward a few months hell be trying to explain how he failed. Maybe something like his body just produces that much naturally.

80. wipackman1265 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:44 PM

Truth = AP is a liar. Vikings will always be BAD

81. themackstrong says: Jul 26, 2013 4:47 PM

I was tell you I think Adrian Peterson is as high a level athlete as you’re going to find in this world. But his heal time without question helped with HGH/PRP and the NFL hasn’t tested for it. RGIII, Crabtree and even one of the favorites from my team Clemons is probably using the same treatment. When the NFL gets reliable test for it these “super human” recovery times will slow down drastically. This isn’t a knock on Vikings…I’m saying this is a NFL wide issue.

82. 8to80texansblog says: Jul 26, 2013 4:53 PM

fargovikesfan says:
    Jul 26, 2013 4:08 PM

___________________________

Have you seen an RG3 post??? Many are questioning if he’s using HGH.

My dad always told me, if it looks too good to be true… it probably is.

People are always going to question outlier performances in this era. And 9 times out of 10, they are PED assisted.

83. tjp44 says: Jul 26, 2013 4:53 PM

bottom line…..testing must occur within 6-12 hours of using HGH or it’s undetectable….that’s how these guys get away with lies like this….most are on it and/or roids in the NFL, MLB, track & field, cycling, NHL and of course body building, weightlifting and MMA

84. jsargent1987 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:00 PM

I have a mission for those of you who say AP is/was on HGH: give me one shred of physical, tangible evidence. None of you can give any sort of evidence whatsoever. When you do, come back to me. It’s not on those of us who believe him to prove he didn’t take HGH. It’s on those of you who DON’T believe him to prove that he did do it. Until you give me evidence he took HGH, you have absolutely zero credibility. End of story.

85. steelers24019 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:00 PM

I suspect a very high number of professional athletes use performance enhancing drugs

86. mogogo1 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:07 PM

Sounds extremely good. I hope he isn’t giving everybody a line.

But I’ve always wondered why the clean players don’t stand up for themselves more. Instead, they let the union fight for every cheater who’s used PEDs to take the job from some other clean player.

87. thermanmerman99 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:21 PM

which game is better to watch, the 1998 nfc title game or the 2009 nfc title game?

88. demjoneses says: Jul 26, 2013 5:22 PM

As a Bears fan I can’t put into words how much I hate AP, as a football fan this dude is a BEAST and I don’t think a BEAST like him would need to take any PEDs. It is possible through hard work to accomplish the things he accomplished. I do like to call him Adrian Cheaterson just to make sikes fans mad tho.

89. jazz11001 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:22 PM

I don’t see why you couldn’t use HGH after a major injury? Why should they not use the best medicine to recover? If Bo Jackson could have used HGH as a medicine to recover then the world of sports would be better off. It is the continuous use that should be banned. There has been almost nothing in terms of an upgrade of equipment to protect the player knees in ANY sport and it is a very common and career threatening injury that is basically overlooked for protection. Until they invent the equipment then prescribe the medicine. Injuries only of course.

90. jimnsota says: Jul 26, 2013 5:24 PM

Who cares all sports are more enjoyable when they cheat. Cheat away, smoke, inject, drink it etc. Why would any of us non pro athletes even care. Look at baseball, since they have testing in place. There’s been no hitters and perfect games like they are handing them out at McDonalds.
    If I had a list of the guys using in the NFL my fantasy team would be dominant.

91. captaincanoe says: Jul 26, 2013 5:26 PM

When AP dies they’ll have to bury him in a toxic waste dump in Nevada.

92. realdealsteel says: Jul 26, 2013 5:29 PM

Sorry,

But I don’t believe AP for a minute. He’s used HGH. All that stuff is easy to say when you haven’t been caught.

Right Mr. Braun?

93. hatesycophants says: Jul 26, 2013 5:41 PM

I don’t believe AD has used HGH. However, it is totally bush league for him to cast aspersions on “other” players. Lame.

94. noring4youstill says: Jul 26, 2013 5:45 PM

You have to balance out the good with the bad!!
    Skol

Only a fan of a team that doesn’t have a Super Bowl win would make some lame excuse up like this.

95. godofwine330 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:46 PM

AP is a beast of a man. I remember when he was in college every running back on the Oklahoma (Tashard Choice – was one) got AP disease and then tranfered to other schools. He came out of HS 6’1″ 205 and all muscle like Boobie Miles from Friday Night Lights.

He is right, there are a ton of people using HGH. Athletes for years have been doing everything they could to get an edge. Calling the other team’s hotel at 4AM. Stuck-um (Raiders players of the 70′s). Corked bats in baseball. Every time they catch up to one trick another trick is discovered to beat the system.

I’m glad AP isn’t using, but it doesn’t surprise me that other players are…especially the fringe players. Their livlihood depends on staying in the league.

96. marko959 says: Jul 26, 2013 5:59 PM

I understand in this day and age why people doubt him when he says he doesn’t use performance enhancing drugs. But as someone who has followed his career since high school, and judging by Dr. James Andrews comments after the surgery on how well preserved his knee was for all the punishment he has taken as a running back, I believe Adrian when he says he doesn’t use. He is truly a freak of nature.

Some people just have superior genetics. Anyone remember Reggie White playing with a torn hamstring when everyone thought he was out for the year?

97. crefan says: Jul 26, 2013 6:17 PM

Adrian Peterson translation: Don’t test me I’m dirtier then a MoFo.

98. caeser12 says: Jul 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Uh oh. Every time somnolent has to say they’re clean.

Stay tuned.

99. couple1314 says: Jul 26, 2013 6:27 PM

Hey pack fans, you just stuck 66 million into an HGH poster boy. Enjoy his fat head lack of production.

100. 15starr says: Jul 26, 2013 6:31 PM

He might be clean at the moment, but he wasn’t saying this last year. We’ll see. Also, I’m a Packer fan and I’m pretty sure Clay Matthews is a user and I don’t like it.

101. dmgkm says: Jul 26, 2013 7:10 PM

this would be like if Bernard Madoff said in 2007 that ponzi schemes happen, and then him saying that he earned all of his money through investments

102. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 26, 2013 7:11 PM

I stopped believing anything that liar said when he bragged about breaking Eric Dickerson’s record.

103. GenXJay says: Jul 26, 2013 7:48 PM

In the realm of it all, ShAaron knows HGH users too.

104. mdd913 says: Jul 26, 2013 7:53 PM

He who squawked first, probably laid the egg.

105. brockdrego says: Jul 26, 2013 7:54 PM

Test? really? There isn’t a test anywhere that can’t be manipulated. APs a great back. Agreed. A vast majority of them use and really…who cares.

106. belichicksmissingsleeves says: Jul 26, 2013 9:00 PM

And don’t call PEDs a shortcut. They’re not. They make it possible for an athlete to work harder.

If identical athletes work equally hard, regardless of any drugs they may take, they’re going to have the same results. PEDs allow an athlete to exceed the training limits of the clean athlete. His max workload might be 110% of the clean athlete, but he still has to do the extra 10% work to see the additional results.

I don’t believe anabolic steroids, amphetamines, or blood doping have any place in sports. However, I don’t see the downside in doctors giving growth hormone to injured athletes, especially if it works as well as the geniuses of the PFT comment section believe it does.

107. stellarperformance says: Jul 26, 2013 9:32 PM

GenXJay says:
    Jul 26, 2013 7:48 PM
    In the realm of it all, ShAaron knows HGH users too.
    ///////////////////////////////////////////

Who?

108. twelvesbelt says: Jul 26, 2013 9:36 PM

Clearly the Metrodome roof wasn’t using PED’s.

109. sillec28 says: Jul 26, 2013 10:31 PM

Yo AP, I bet you were just like me, you didn’t know what it was they were shooting you with and you didn’t bother to ask.

Your Friend
    Barry Bonds

110. pack13queens0 says: Jul 27, 2013 9:03 AM

Adrian Peterson has lied before. Let’s not forget how he committed perjury in the court of law after he assaulted a police officer & resisted arrest about a year ago in Texas.

111. purplehaze28 says: Jul 27, 2013 12:47 PM

AP turned down endorsements and commercials to concentrate on his recovery. The man is focused on delivering, unlike the DBs in Green Bay, who do commercials for a classless insurance company that refused to pay the Katrina Hurricane victims.

112. dwhcic says: Jul 27, 2013 1:06 PM

Viking/Packer comments are always the best.

113. joeyashwi says: Jul 27, 2013 1:39 PM

Coming from a Packer fan, Adrian Peterson is the real deal. If all of you negative commenters suspect everybody who is talented in pro sports of cheating then do us all a favor and quit watching. Actually, just quit trolling, that would be enough. Believe it or not, there are actually people who train hard and work to get better at their profession rather than sit on their couches with a twelve pack and a pizza. Get a life.

114. GenXJay says: Jul 27, 2013 2:16 PM

hint, stellar:
    Overpaid Fat-Headed blonde chick on gb defense that performs a reverse bear hug on a lucky stop/tackle.

115. tigershark49 says: Jul 27, 2013 4:28 PM

Lost a lot of respect for AP when he said playing in the NFL is like the days of slavery.

116. jollyjoker2 says: Jul 27, 2013 5:25 PM

Coming off a Knee injury; I would be full of drugs on doctors orders. Steriod injections, cortozone,…you name it. I wouldn’t expect it any other way but don’t brag just because you got passed it without getting caught.

117. footballalldayeveryday says: Jul 27, 2013 5:58 PM

Players are tested all the time throughout preseason, regular season, and post season. So tell me again, how does one get away with HGH or PEDs?

118. bighurt228 says: Jul 28, 2013 4:27 AM

Yeah A Rod, Braun, and roger Clemens, and many others say the same thing…..guess we will be reading about him and some lab real soon….lol

119. bobnelsonfootballroutineishilarious says: Jul 30, 2013 1:38 AM

Nfl should make HgH mandatory for all players… That evens the playing field and gives us football junkies even more reason to love it.. Ethical, no.. Entertaining and just freakin cool, ye$$$$

120. bobnelsonfootballroutineishilarious says: Jul 30, 2013 1:49 AM

Better yet, mandatory HGH usage for all pro sports… It would be interesting to see what the full scope of human possibility is.. Or, create leagues outside of MLB, NFL that only allow users to participate.. Either way, it’s not cheating if everyone is doing it. It would be cool to see a football punted 110 yards or a 175 mph fastball. I dunno.. Just a thought

121. The Prophet says: Jul 31, 2013 11:03 AM

bobnelsonfootballroutineishilarious says: Jul 30, 2013 1:49 AM

———————————————-
    This really epitomizes how naïve sports fans are. We ARE seeing HGH fueled sports right now. There’s no real test for it, so of course guys are taking it. But this myth that only 2% of major sports use PED’s is why you people get so crushed and betrayed when Lance Armstrong or Ryan Braun get outed. Once you folks learn to accept PED’s presence in sports, the easier it will be for you to accept failed tests. it doesn’t mean that they are the only ones who use something, they are just the only ones who failed a test. For good or for bad, accept it. btw, there’s no Santa Claus either….

122. cantstanzi25 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:04 PM

A. Peterson is a above average back and i say that only cause hes getting the ball 25-35 times a game every game..and if you listen to him he really doesnt care about team winning or losing he more concered about his stats and thats not a good team player i bet if he was more team orieanted his viking would been in the superbowl already but he demanding to try get that record at any cost..im not saying he isnt good but he is a tad over ratted if you add intagables or lack of

123. allday28mvpmvp says: Aug 1, 2013 1:17 AM

cantstanzi25 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:04 PM

—-

You couldn’t be more wrong. Adrian was perfectly okay with coming out of the game with the record on the line. You sound like the most uninformed “fan” ever

124. contract says: Aug 2, 2013 7:50 AM

“Coming from a Packer fan, Adrian Peterson is the real deal. If all of you negative commenters suspect everybody who is talented in pro sports of cheating then do us all a favor and quit watching.”

Your position makes no sense unless you believe that every player is clean. If you believe that some percentage of NFL players are using PEDs and AD is running over, through, and around them like they aren’t even there … what does that tell you?

In order to believe that AD is clean, you would not only have to believe that he’s super human, but so far superior an athlete that guys can’t even compete with him if they cheat.

AD is as legit as Lance Armstrong, Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Jose Canseco, and Usain Bolt.

If guys around you are cheating and you aren’t just beating them, but blowing them away … you’re cheating too.