Jacoby Jones was able to cram for his test

Oakland Raiders v Baltimore Ravens Getty Images

Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones might not have had his wind back when he came to camp, but his sense of humor is intact.

Jones said he knew he’d eventually pass the Ravens pre-camp conditioning test, just like he knew he’d eventually get through his college entrance exams.

“I took it just about like when I took the ACT,” Jones said, via Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun. “Eventually, I passed it.”

Apparently, doing the cha-cha on “Dancing with the Stars” didn’t have him ready for the series of sprints he had to complete in a prescribed time, but he hit his mark on the second try.

“Nobody likes running just for the heck of it,” Jones said. “It is what it is. You have to take care of your business, and I should have knocked it out on the first time.”

Now that he’s caught up, he has a chance to win a bigger role in the Ravens offense.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
18 Responses to “Jacoby Jones was able to cram for his test”
  1. Joemontanaflacco says: Jul 26, 2013 9:14 AM

Jones is going to be the Roadrunner to Pittsburgh’s Coyote. Beep beep.

2. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Jul 26, 2013 9:35 AM

I like running just for the heck of it. But I am nobody. So Jacoby is correct.

3. marvsleezy says: Jul 26, 2013 9:53 AM

“Nobody likes running just for the heck of it,” Jones said
    ______________
    How many people run marathons each year? 100’s of 1000’s? Maybe millions through out the world?

This smacks of a poor work ethic for this young man.

4. vdogg says: Jul 26, 2013 9:55 AM

A wideout who doesnt like to run…..?

5. 49erstim says: Jul 26, 2013 10:02 AM

Does anybody here think they failed him on purpose to “bring him back to Earth” a little.? Dancing is tons of cardio and I find it hard to believe he failed sprints in “a certain amount of time”.

6. 8to80texansblog says: Jul 26, 2013 10:13 AM

_________________________

The ACT isn’t a pass or fail test….

This guy is such a knucklehead….

7. aaroncurryisbust says: Jul 26, 2013 10:17 AM

“Nobody likes running just for the heck of it,” Jones said

Ha, ain’t that the truth!

8. vikingsrulez69 says: Jul 26, 2013 10:38 AM

“Nobody likes running just for the heck of it,” Jones said.

Dude, your job is to run

9. crownofthehelmet says: Jul 26, 2013 11:23 AM

“I took it just about like when I took the ACT,”

You mean you cheated on the conditioning test too?

10. stexan says: Jul 26, 2013 11:28 AM

He always could run; catching the ball consistently is a different story.

11. @Cereal_22 says: Jul 26, 2013 11:31 AM

What a clown

12. rondayne33 says: Jul 26, 2013 11:59 AM

“I took it just about like when I took the ACT.”

So clearly you didn’t score well on the verbal/language arts section.

13. rajbais says: Jul 26, 2013 12:07 PM

He wouldn’t be in the situation if he skipped ‘Dancing with the Stars’.

That show makes you out of football shape and causes you to struggle.

He, like every other past active NFL player contestant, will.

14. Joemontanaflacco says: Jul 26, 2013 12:56 PM

Lots of snark coming from Steelers’ fans. When does Steelers’ training camp begin again? Oh. Hasn’t really started yet? Guess there’s no rush when you’re in 3rd place. I mean, why bother?

15. Stiller43 says: Jul 26, 2013 1:37 PM

Marvsleezy,

So .0001% of the world does? Yeah i guess you have a point….

16. ampatsisahypocrite says: Jul 26, 2013 6:04 PM

I can’t believe how much flak Jones is getting here. Geez, he was your real MVP. It certainly wasn’t Flacco and his underthrown bombs that Jones had to come back for and turn into TDs, not just in Denver but in the Super Bowl too. Or how about those kick returns, that saved Flacco from the embarrassment of losing to crippled Leftwich in Pittsburgh? Or the kick return in the Bowl that saved Flacco from being the all-time Super Bowl choker, when he totally did nothing in the second half? I wonder how big Joe’s contract would’ve been if Jones doesn’t return that kick?

Give this guy a break, he’s what makes things go… it sure isn’t Flacco.

17. Joemontanaflacco says: Jul 26, 2013 9:21 PM

I can’t believe how much flak Flakko is getting in a story about a receiver passing a solo running test. Bitter, are we?

18. bloodisred says: Jul 27, 2013 10:23 AM

If he were out of shape he would’t have passed the second time, additional conditioning would have been required before re-test.

In the penultimate paragraph of the article Jones is quoted, “It is what it is. You have to take care of your business, and I should have knocked it out on the first time.”

He more than likely misjudged one or more “legs” of the gassers and came up short. Anyone who has run gassers, suicides or any other repeated sprints for time knows exactly what I’m talking about.