For training camps, teams can choose to use new bag policy

Bag

Before making that trip to an NFL training camp this year, which may or may not include getting autographs, fans should do a little homework regarding whether any Indiana Jones satchels should be left at home.

There’s a chance the team has adopted the league’s new policy banning bags bigger than a hand-size clutch purse.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells PFT that the policy prohibiting all bags other than clear, one-gallon plastic bags (and hand-sized clutch purses) will apply at training camp on a team-by-team basis.

The Colts and Texans are two of the teams using the bag policy at camp.  For the other 30 teams, we suggest checking the official website, Twitter page, or Facebook page for more information.  (As a last resort, there’s this thing called a telephone.)

The bag policy applies at all games this season, starting next week with the Hall of Fame game in Canton.  The bag policy also applies for the Hall of Fame induction ceremony to be held next Saturday night.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
21 Responses to “For training camps, teams can choose to use new bag policy”
  1. cardmagnet says: Jul 27, 2013 7:59 PM

This will be fun working security at the gates turning around thousands of people who aren’t connected to the internet to know about the rule changes.

2. jakescott22 says: Jul 27, 2013 8:13 PM

The terrorists win.

3. drainbameged says: Jul 27, 2013 8:18 PM

Good thing I don’t carry my gat in my bag

4. humb0lt says: Jul 27, 2013 8:19 PM

And the NFL wonders why most people would rather stay home and watch the game on TV.

5. jcbadger34 says: Jul 27, 2013 8:20 PM

cardmagnet says: Jul 27, 2013 7:59 PM

———————

If you can afford tickets to an NFL game in 2013, odds are you probably have the internet.

6. rabbi187 says: Jul 27, 2013 8:21 PM

Good thing it’s still easy to crotch a flask into games…

7. aaroncurryisbust says: Jul 27, 2013 8:23 PM

I love how the NFL demands higher attendance yet does everything possible to make the experience inferior to watching in the comfort of your own home.

8. somethingsmellsrotten says: Jul 27, 2013 8:36 PM

You are NOT part of the wolfpack Florio.

9. dhillca says: Jul 27, 2013 8:55 PM

You don’t think they will have it on tickets and also on large signs before security!?
    Duh

10. virusgvr says: Jul 27, 2013 9:00 PM

I can’t wait till you have to pass through a complete body scanner and get ID’s multiple times just to get in. Just like TSA!!!

11. bennyb82 says: Jul 27, 2013 9:05 PM

In Denver, however, the bags will now be measured in ounces.

12. jagtiger says: Jul 27, 2013 9:08 PM

This policy is utterly ridiculous! I thought the NFL was trying to improve the fan experience and increase revenue? Obviously, I was mistaken

13. coachbeck says: Jul 27, 2013 9:40 PM

Thanks progressives.

14. darngoodreason says: Jul 27, 2013 10:30 PM

Just as the airlines have capitalized on “security” claims the league will do so as well. Fine take my bag. I will still not buy your garbage. I would rather not eat or drink for the duration of the day then pay these animals a penny.

15. cinvis says: Jul 27, 2013 10:46 PM

NFL security is a joke. My wife and I went to a game in Lambeau a few years ago. It was in December and freezing cold so a lot of fan wore their hunting gear to the game (super insulated full suits). The guy beside us reaches into his pocket to get his kleenex and pulls out a handful of shotgun and rifle shells… Nice security check! Don’t get me wrong… I felt very safe with this armed redneck beside me. God (or whatever they believe in) help the terrorist that attacks Green Bay or Minny or … But if the NFL thinks plastic bags are gonna help ‘security’ at games, Please… You’re best security is letting the redneck bring there ammo to the game… Terrorists beware

16. charger383 says: Jul 27, 2013 11:34 PM

I will just stay home

17. ordinaryday6 says: Jul 28, 2013 12:14 AM

we’re talking about TRAINING CAMP, the tickets are free, and it’s annoying. eagles are doing it too

18. drbrown7451 says: Jul 28, 2013 1:19 AM

This may require some creative accessorizing in order to look fabulous. Meh.

19. kd75 says: Jul 28, 2013 4:54 AM

I’ve been to the HOF game and Induction ceremony. There’s no security. Its a High School field. The security is the traffic.

The stadium is literally across the street from people’s houses.

I brought in a 12 pack of beer in a Giants jersey for a Redskins game in 2008 and nobody said anything.

The security is a 3 foot fence that you can just hop over.

20. jeffblast36 says: Jul 28, 2013 9:14 AM

Well the nfl says we now must have this new bag they come up with. My question to the nfl is where the hell can I find them. They are not in any of the pro shops I checked on. Same old crap from the nfl.

21. voyager6 says: Jul 28, 2013 4:02 PM

So much for bringing a nice camera into training camp!