Eddie Lacy won’t divulge his weight, but says it’s not an issue

Eddie Lacy AP

The questions about Packers rookie running back Eddie Lacy’s weight are continuing. And Lacy isn’t willing to answer all of them.

Specifically, Lacy wouldn’t disclose how much he weighs when asked by reporters at practice, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports. Those questions were asked all across the Internet this week when pictures surfaced that showed him looking significantly heavier than he looked last season at Alabama.

But Lacy insists that his conditioning is not an issue, calling his weight “exactly where I want to be.” That statement issues the comments from Packers coach Mike McCarthy, who said Lacy passed the Packers’ conditioning test and is looking good in practice.

All Lacy would say about how much he weighs is that it’s not a problem.

“I’ve always been big. I’m a power back,” Lacy said. “I get the tough yards and I’m fast enough to get around the outside and make big plays.”

Lacy has always been a big, physical runner, but it is fair to wonder if he’s added some fat while recovering from toe surgery this year. At Alabama he was listed at 220 pounds. At the Scouting Combine in February he weighed in at 231. At Organized Team Activities in June he weighed in at 238.

Although he knows people are snickering about the before and after images, Lacy said he ignores the noise.

“That’s something I don’t really worry about,” Lacy said. “That’s an external factor. I learned in college to pretty much, you know, distance yourself from that.”

But just to be safe, the Packers may want to encourage Lacy to distance himself from dessert, too.

Permalink 109 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
109 Responses to “Eddie Lacy won’t divulge his weight, but says it’s not an issue”
  1. spkriegs says: Jul 31, 2013 12:41 PM

He’s on the standard Wisconsin Ranch Dressing & Gravy diet.

2. Kaz says: Jul 31, 2013 12:43 PM

______

And it looks like for training camp he’s shown up at 250…

3. symxfan says: Jul 31, 2013 12:44 PM

That ‘after’ picture is awful … I still think it’s a stretched photo or something. It looks like the body of a fat Dlineman.

4. brownsfanincali says: Jul 31, 2013 12:45 PM

Maybe he’s discovered bratwurst … Yum !!

5. mark8240 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:45 PM

I see a picture with pads and a picture without pads.

6. bikingscr016 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:46 PM

Gotta love seeing this as a opportunity for people to hate on GB. Success breeds jealousy.

7. ccjcsr says: Jul 31, 2013 12:46 PM

Who cares if he wants to be the second coming of the Fridge.

#Superbownshuffle

8. brownsfanincali says: Jul 31, 2013 12:47 PM

And cheese curds

9. blackhawks2010 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:48 PM

This guy can’t even control his weight, he’s done. What a joke.

10. clowntown1 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:48 PM

idiots….it already came out that the photo is stretched horizontally and isn’t accurate. I watched him in practice this past weekend…he is a big boy but he ain’t fat…just a little bigger than Trent Richardson

11. SAV says: Jul 31, 2013 12:49 PM

This man will be a nice little goal line back, but I have no doubts conditioning is a huge problem with him.

Had it good at Bama with that massive line…perhaps the best Oline in college football history.

He is competing against Franklin a guy who is exceptional. I see him losing this battle easily.

12. scoops1 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:49 PM

then new IronHead

13. thenew013 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:49 PM

wow. that before and after pic is crazy.

14. bennyb82 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:49 PM

C’mon don’t you guys know never to ask a running back his weight?

15. axespray says: Jul 31, 2013 12:49 PM

Heard he’s whooping butt in redzone drills – if he’s fat, then whatever – getting us those yards in short yardage situations is all we need out of the guy – enough with the fancy play action deep throws on 3rd and inches.

16. johnnytata says: Jul 31, 2013 12:50 PM

i guess with all the buzz surrounding this, it wouldn’t make any sense to pay attention to any, you know, EYE WITNESS accounts from people who are there, like the local reporters who, i am pretty sure would mention in their coverage whether he looked overweight. don’t let rational thoughts get in the way of a good gossip column.

17. gopackgo5212 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:51 PM

Who cares how much he weighs. If he can play, it doesn’t matter. I saw he was leveling people in camp today. Just plowing people over. If he can still do that, doesn’t matter.

18. brownsfanincali says: Jul 31, 2013 12:51 PM

That kid is gonna flatten some d-backs, ala John Brockington.

19. @Cereal_22 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:53 PM

Everybody gains 10-15 lbs when they move to Wisconsin.

20. hrmlss says: Jul 31, 2013 12:54 PM

Gonna be rolling that fat all over the NFC North, blowing their d-lines apart! I smell fear in all the Viking and Bear and Lion comments!

21. nickkiphuth says: Jul 31, 2013 12:56 PM

“Chucka Chucka Cheese for my birthday, Everyday!”

22. dcviking says: Jul 31, 2013 12:57 PM

still lighter than 75% of the women in the Wisconsin…

23. chiadam says: Jul 31, 2013 12:57 PM

Damn you, Baconator!! You and your son!!

24. timb12 says: Jul 31, 2013 12:58 PM

Freshman 15!

25. aaroncurryisbust says: Jul 31, 2013 12:59 PM

He sounds like a self conscious woman.

26. sikoix says: Jul 31, 2013 1:00 PM

The “after” photo does not look stretched — but it’s also not the greatest photo. As much as I’d like to make a joke or knock this guy (as a Viking fan), I’m sure he will be fine.

27. purpleguy says: Jul 31, 2013 1:00 PM

Sure he looks fat, but that never seemed to be a problem for Jerome Bettis.

28. kane337 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:01 PM

He’s not fat. Just big boned.

29. sportsfan18 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:01 PM

He’s the second coming of William The Refrigerator Perry!!!

30. lonespeed says: Jul 31, 2013 1:02 PM

Um…it’s still July. Football doesn’t start until September. He’ll probably lose 10 lbs. in the next four-weeks, easy.

What a non-issue.

31. notoriousjebus says: Jul 31, 2013 1:03 PM

This dudes a rookie. I am thinking that between the nutritionist on the Packers staff and weeks of training camp this guy will be in ideal shape for the start of the season.

32. glac1 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:03 PM

He’s got other problems. I doubt he’ll live up to expectations in the NFL.

33. sterlingrodgers says: Jul 31, 2013 1:04 PM

Those before and after images are devastating… Lacy might be at a good playing weight by mid-season if he works at it. Fortunately TT drafted another back, the electrifying Jonathan Franklin.

34. johnelwayishorsefaced says: Jul 31, 2013 1:07 PM

Green Bay wishes they could have drafted Le’Veon Bell. Thetokyosandbuster is crying about it right now.

35. codiablo says: Jul 31, 2013 1:07 PM

Wow, that’s like trying to fit a blue whale inside a dolphin’s body.

“There she blows!-there she blows! A hump like a snow-hill! It is Moby Dick!”

36. larrydavid7000 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:08 PM

Eddie Lazy Eddie Lazy.!! Saw him on NFL channel today he is big and could lose a few LBs. Then again the pack passes the ball a lot like 3rd and inches. So dose not matter what shape he is in.

37. joker65 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:08 PM

FAT!!!!

38. bigfish06 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:09 PM

JSonline camp report from today:

“Yikes, Eddie Lacy sends Datone Jones airborne with a lowered shoulder at the end of his run. On his back.”

Yeah, Lacy will be just fine.

39. whatjusthapped says: Jul 31, 2013 1:10 PM

What do you think is the percentage of players who show up at training camp and proceed to lose a few lbs as they prepare for the season opener? I can’t say I know the figure but my guess is north of 50%.

Much ado about nothing.

40. idolized1 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:11 PM

Pretty soon he’ll almost be at the weight requirement to be a Green Bay cheerleader!

41. vincelombardisghost says: Jul 31, 2013 1:13 PM

Much ado about nothing. Lets see what he does on the field.

42. glazerh8er says: Jul 31, 2013 1:19 PM

I hope he plays better at this weight, ala Lendale White. I just love fat pro athletes, it’s awesome and hilarious.

43. glazerh8er says: Jul 31, 2013 1:19 PM

44. Deb says: Jul 31, 2013 1:26 PM

Eddie’s a power back–or as I call it, a bowling ball. His job is to bowl through the defense, something he did quite well at Bama. It’s not unusual for a power back to gain some heft going from college into the pros. As long as he stays within an acceptable range–and McCarthy is satisfied–I doubt Pack fans have anything to worry about.

45. gbpshareholder says: Jul 31, 2013 1:32 PM

It would seem to me that everyone who should know his weight, knows his weight. If he were over weight as far as the team is concerned, he would be on a stationary bike, not carrying the rock in red zone drills. All of the outside conversation about this, is nothing but chatter. If he and the team are both OK with it, as a fan, so am I… GO PACK GO!!!!

46. Kaz says: Jul 31, 2013 1:37 PM

Deb you still around? My favorite Steeler fan on the site.

47. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

That photo was weird. Not sure why he looks so fat in it. I saw another photo of him from the same day where he looks pretty good.

I’ve heard he’s been impressive though so far in camp and done really well in short yardage

48. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

You should never ask a woman about her weight…yea I said it!!!

49. ewill27 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:43 PM

and the Green Bay Packers select…Fat Bastard

50. godofwine330 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:43 PM

That after picture IS awful. I mean really. He needs to watch out. The Packers did draft another running back (Johnathan Franklin) whom many thought should have been taken higher. The pack protected themselves, so he can eat himself out of the league if he wants to, he won’t be the first, and sadly won’t be the last.

51. mrtreyseven says: Jul 31, 2013 1:44 PM

am I the only one who see this as an advantage for the Packers a 240+ lbs. back running at a 190 to 210 lbs. DB….if he passed his conditioning test what is the issue….the extra weight should make him more durable body should be able to absorb more contact

52. jdphx says: Jul 31, 2013 1:47 PM

Why do I feel like he will be another Lendale White?

53. bmoreravens1012013 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:54 PM

His head coach is ridiculous for covering up for him. If he played for Harbaugh , he wouldn’t even practice not to mention, he would be called out for what it is. Dude is straight fat. I doubt he even passed the conditioning test.

54. eclipsingbinary says: Jul 31, 2013 1:56 PM

That’s what happens when you move convert into a sconi. Too much beer, sausages, and cheese. Now he’s just your typical bloated drunkin’ sconi.

55. cfeeley52 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:59 PM

mark8240 says:
    Jul 31, 2013 12:45 PM
    I see a picture with pads and a picture without pads.
    ———————————–
    pads don’t cover the gut, look at that thing!

56. wisportsfanpbbb says: Jul 31, 2013 2:01 PM

I’m not as worried about his weight as what it might be a symptom of. Anyone who read the JSonline article on Lacy a few weeks back had to nervous. The guy openly admits to feeling depressed and isolated and says he eats a ton of bad stuff. As a Packer fan all I can say is I’m glad we drafted Franklin too.

57. thermanmerman99 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:02 PM

deb thinks every player that comes out of alabama will be in the hall of fame. of course she probably thinks mark ingram is the greatest RB in the NFL right now too.

58. cfeeley52 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:02 PM

mrtreyseven says:
    Jul 31, 2013 1:44 PM
    —————————-
    He may be able to absorb more contact, but playing overweight increases the chance of a soft tissue injury. Look for sprained ankles or a bum knee after trying to cut left or right with all that extra weight up top…

59. jimnsota says: Jul 31, 2013 2:07 PM

That’s a huge Betch!

60. Deb says: Jul 31, 2013 2:11 PM

Hello, Kaz, my Bengal friend! Yep, still here :)

61. fdugrad says: Jul 31, 2013 2:13 PM

I don’t care HOW far the “after” photo has been stretched. His arss ALONE weighs forty pounds. How in god’s name can ANY pro athlete, whose ENTIRE present and future success revolves around the condition of his body let himself go like this in his ROOKIE year no less?! In addition, these pros have immediate access to the best nutritional advice, private chefs, sports physicians, individual trainers and world-class facilities. They have NO other job in life or alternate professional responsibilities to distract them! If I were his head or position coach, I would be concerned and angry, and would “weigh” this episode with complete scorn, as far as his long-term future with with the team was concerned.

62. 13xworldchamps says: Jul 31, 2013 2:13 PM

For all the Viking fans who frequent this page, you should be more worried that as of now Ponder has had a very bad camp. It was reported that in the 11 on 11 period he went 4-11 no touchdowns to picks, two sacks.

Just sayin……

63. thefhaloanguy says: Jul 31, 2013 2:14 PM

I’m hoping that the Pack can have it’s own “Beast Mode”. If that happens look out league.

64. citizenstrange says: Jul 31, 2013 2:15 PM

I guess Lacy has every right to keep his weight a secret. You should never ask a woman her age or her weight.

65. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 2:17 PM

GB has way worse issues than Lazy’s weight.
    Like how to stop a QB.
    Ponder beat them up last time he played them.
    CKap made them look like clowns in the playoffs

66. mvp43 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:29 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:17 PM
    GB has way worse issues than Lazy’s weight.
    Like how to stop a QB.
    Ponder beat them up last time he played them.
    CKap made them look like clowns in the playoffs

——————————————–
    If I remember correctly, GB soundly defeated the Vikings to end their season? ….. just saying

67. cornerblitz says: Jul 31, 2013 2:33 PM

spkriegs says:
    Jul 31, 2013 12:41 PM
    He’s on the standard Wisconsin Ranch Dressing & Gravy diet.

==================================

Have you ever been to Wisconsin? Ranch dressing is big in the South. It’s all beer, brats and cheese curds here.

68. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 2:35 PM

mvp43 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:29 PM

——————————————–

—-

Yes they found a way to stop Joe Webb. Wow. We are all so impressed. The fact is Ponder spanked them in the last game of the regular season, then CKap made the D look like clowns

69. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 2:38 PM

You cant hide the glaring fact that GB has a defense that couldn’t stop an SEC team. They can put up numbers with Rodgers but that weak O-line might have him hurt by week 3. Lotta weaknesses to exploit on this GB team.

70. Deb says: Jul 31, 2013 2:44 PM

thermanmerman99 says:

—————————————————-
    Aw, come on! I think Adrian Peterson is the best RB in the NFL right now. I just love Mark Ingram … and Trent Richardson (when he’s not playing Pittsburgh) … and Eddie Lacey … and anyone who can successfully carry the ball for the Steelers :)

71. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:50 PM

Green Bay’s defense knocked Ponder out for the year with an arm bruise, and then sent home the rest of the hapless and tasteless Vikings the following week.

72. bfrsd says: Jul 31, 2013 2:51 PM

I love the Packer – Viking – Bear comments. Some classics for sure.

The Wisconsin fat jokes are funny as well but more myth than actual fact. Most of the fatties come from the south. The two fattest midwest states are actually Indiana and Michigan. Wisconsin is only middle of the pack.

With all that said – I’m pretty confident that the Packers are the team to beat, once again, in the NFC North. All of these perceived weaknesses are kind of like the fat jokes. More myth than fact. The Packers have the best player in the division playing the most important position.

With a run game, the offense could be it’s best and most balanced under McCarthy. That has to scare the opponents fan base regardless of what they say. Add to that all of the reports by the onlookers and analysts that their 2012 11th ranked defense is much more athletic and aggressive this season and I would say look out!

73. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 3:00 PM

filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:50 PM

—–

Yeah, how’d GB do the following week? …oh yeah that’s right. But if beating Minny makes GB 2012 Champs then they should be getting their rings soon

74. 52lightsxout52 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:02 PM

Boy oh boy, I can’t wait!!! ;-D

75. allday2k says: Jul 31, 2013 3:09 PM

He runs through anyone that tries to get in his way.. if he’s in the buffet line.

76. fluffy19 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:11 PM

Wow, he’s whooping butt in goal line drills…against that fabled Packers run D. He might be good, but every highlight I ever saw of him in college, he had 3-4 yards to get a head of steam before encountering any defenders. The Vikings have had years (Pack too) where the Oline on the field by week 12 would be worse than that Alabama line. Fat jokes aside, I just don’t know if he’s gonna be a big difference maker. Gonna be a fun season. So many good story lines. NFC North as good as it gets!

77. bowmanj35 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:18 PM

honestly, that’s not a stretched photo. unless you can just stretch the belly portion hanging out under the pads. dude needs to lose some weight. the before pic is much better, and proportionate. the after that pic scares me as a pack fan.

78. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 3:22 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:35 PM
    mvp43 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:29 PM

——————————————–

—-

=================================

Ah yes. Ponder. How’s his training camp going? Hint: Not well.

79. immafubared says: Jul 31, 2013 3:24 PM

Mr Hodges of ESPN said it best, him coming into camp totally out of shape speaks volumns to dedication, conditioning and work ethics.

Hodges went on to say the Packers shouldn’t expect a lot from this guy and Hodges doesn’t expect much either.

PS They showed film of him coming out the backfield trying to catch passes and he looked horribly slow, very big 260 for sure and uncordinated, he dropped everything thrown at him. Couldn’t stretch.

This is sad. Very sad that someone could let themselves go this way. Obviously doesn’t give a crap about the team or the fans.

80. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:37 PM

Who is Mr. Hodges?

81. deltaoracle says: Jul 31, 2013 3:37 PM

Gee he’d better slim down, because the Pack is counting on him to tote the rock at least thirty times per game!
    Now instead I guess that Rodgers will have to throw some while Lacy, Franklin, and Harris run it two or three times each per quarter. How worrisome.
    But look out, ’cause sister Christian threw for 230 yards at home and the Heidis finally won one on the last play of the game! Could be a trend! Yeah – that’s all really keeping me awake at night.

82. godofwine330 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:38 PM

His new name: Eddie Lazy. It’s a perfect fit.

83. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 3:41 PM

immafubared says:
    Jul 31, 2013 3:24 PM

=======================

I didn’t see the video, and I’d be shocked if that were the truth because the Packers strictly limit the videotaping of practices. Not saying it’s not true, but I’d be surprised.

Everything I’ve read from reporters who are watching camp practices have said that he’s doing well and actually pushing piles on short yardage situations. He actually converted on 4 straight short yardage goal line situations. One of the beat reporters remarked that he looked like he lost weight from OTAs.

You have to remember that this guy is a big bruising back whose job is to convert 3rd and short and goal line situations. He’s not an agility guy – that’s Jonathan Franklin.

As for Hoge, if he’s basing his assessment on simply a photo, then he’s a tool.

84. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:44 PM

allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 3:00 PM

But if beating Minny makes GB 2012 Champs then they should be getting their rings soon.

**************************************************

As you are probably aware, they don’t give out Lombardi Trophies just for beating the hapless and tasteless Vikings.

But if they did, the Packers would have 6 from the past 3 seasons alone.

85. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 3:47 PM

jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 3:22 PM
    Ah yes. Ponder. How’s his training camp going? Hint: Not well.

—–

Yeah you can ALWAYS tell who the top teams/players will be after 4 days of camp

86. shlort says: Jul 31, 2013 3:58 PM

I seem to recall a running back by the name of Jerome Bettis who was always called fat. He pounded the rock for a respectable career and was a great back.

Lacy is a guy who can pick up 4 or 5 yards a carry, but he won’t be a 30 carry a game guy. He will pick up 20 carries a game and that is all he needs.

If the Packers are right with their formula, and I believe they are, they will be hard to beat this season. Offensive ball control and speed on Defense is what I see coming down the pipe.

87. jt1138 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:01 PM

jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 3:22 PM
    Ah yes. Ponder. How’s his training camp going? Hint: Not well.

—–
    allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 3:47 PM
    Yeah you can ALWAYS tell who the top teams/players will be after 4 days of camp

Well, when there’s already talk of replacing him with Cassel, I guess you can. Because like you said, it’s only been 4 days.

88. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Speculate all you want about Ponder. Fraizer says hes the Game 1 starter so he is.

The last game Ponder played in he spanked the Packers in a win or go home game. Why wouldn’t Vikes brass trust this guy? Keep tryin to poke holes where there are none

89. jt1138 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:11 PM

allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:08 PM

Hmm. This sounds familiar. Oh wait! Lemme fix it for ya.

Speculate all you want about Sanchez. Ryan says hes the Game 1 starter so he is.

The last game Sanchez played in he spanked the Bills in a go home game. Why wouldn’t Jets brass trust this guy? Keep tryin to poke holes where there are none

90. aa1829 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:13 PM

Talk a lot of smack now, because their won’t be anything for the also rans to talk about once the season starts. If you hate us now, you are going to kill yourselves during the season. Go Pack Go.

91. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 4:13 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 3:47 PM
    jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 3:22 PM
    Ah yes. Ponder. How’s his training camp going? Hint: Not well.

—–

Yeah you can ALWAYS tell who the top teams/players will be after 4 days of camp
    ===============================

Apparently you were in a coma the past two seasons. Ponder was erratic the past two seasons and has been erratic in camp. Its clear he hasn’t improved. He is what he is. One of the worst starting Quarterbacks in the league.

92. bfrsd says: Jul 31, 2013 4:18 PM

allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:08 PM

——————————————–
    I can’t wait for the real games to start. You can talk all you want but you know well and good that the Packers are a better team than the Vikings. Fans talk and players play (aside from Greg Jennings) and the players will do the talking on the field. I think 99% of non-biased fans know who has the most talent in the North.

If the Packers have even an average run game then the Vikings are toast. Every game in 2012 that the Packers actually ran it semi-effectively, the defense had to commit one more guy to the run and Rodgers would just light up the secondary.

93. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 4:18 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 4:08 PM

=========================

Spanked the Packers? Might wanna go check the game log champ. 34-37 on a last second field goal isn’t “spanking” anything.

And if you think Ponder was the reason that the Vikings won, then you might wanna consider AP’s 200 yards rushing. I think that had a lot more to do with it than Ponder.

94. rosstuckersburito says: Jul 31, 2013 4:19 PM

“im not fat, Im just big-boned!!” Eric Cartman 1999

95. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:20 PM

Re: allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:08 PM

The last game Ponder played in he spanked the Packers in a win or go home game.

************************************************

Ponder is the only one who went home after that game. He suffered a season ending arm bruise thingy at the hands of the vaunted Packer defense.

Ponder appears to be ultra delicate.

96. johnnyjagfan says: Jul 31, 2013 4:26 PM

Lacy is going to be fine, people. It’s 2-a-days in July. In six weeks a kid can lose weight like mad anyway. An extra few pounds, with his bruising style, might even take some sting out of his rookie year adjustments to getting the crap knocked out of him.

This will go down as a great value pick for Green Bay in the long run.

97. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:29 PM

@jrmbadger

Yeah Ponders 3 Tds had nothing to with winning that game right?

98. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:32 PM

@ jrmbadger

and if YOU looked at the game log you would see that Ponder outplayed Rodgers in the 4th quarter as well

99. GenXJay says: Jul 31, 2013 4:36 PM

Mr. Lacy tilts the offensive scale too much.

100. rextraordinaire says: Jul 31, 2013 4:38 PM

He’s just building up his weight so he can be a starting linebacker

101. filthymcnasty1 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:39 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 2:35 PM

Yes they found a way to stop Joe Webb. Wow. We are all so impressed.

**************************************************

Loser’s lament du jour.

102. bfrsd says: Jul 31, 2013 4:46 PM

allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:32 PM

@ jrmbadger

———————————————
    I love how you keep harping on a game that was a ‘must win’ for the Vikings and a ‘don’t get hurt’ game for the Packers. They sat a couple of players who would’ve played in any meaningful game and they even questioned playing Rodgers but decided against sitting him because of the ill effects that the long layoff had on him the previous year.

The Vikings played about their best game all season and still just snuck by at home. I’m sure you’re very proud. If the Packers threw Randall Cobb out there, they would’ve put up 40 plus.

103. tokyosandblaster says: Jul 31, 2013 4:50 PM

July: Vikings fans favorite month. 6 months removed from getting destroyed in the Playoffs, and 6 months before getting excited about having a top 5 pick.

This is a team that let Josh Freeman score three TDs on them. JOSH FREEMAN.

104. jrmbadger says: Jul 31, 2013 4:57 PM

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 4:29 PM
    @jrmbadger

Yeah Ponders 3 Tds had nothing to with winning that game right?

allday28mvpmvp says:
    Jul 31, 2013 4:32 PM
    @ jrmbadger

========================

Wow, so Ponder manages to throw a few touchdowns in the 4th quarter against a defense that is doing everything they can to stop AP – including putting 9-10 men in the box on a regular basis – and is likely exhausted from chasing AP – and you suddenly compare him favorably to Rodgers based on one quarter of one football game?

Step away from the purple Kool-aid. Ponder stinks.

105. allday28mvpmvp says: Jul 31, 2013 4:59 PM

@brfsd

How is is not a meaniongful game? The Packers didn’t rest or sit any players. If they woulda won they woulda got a bye playoff week. Since when is that not meaningful? U packer fans I tell ya

106. stellarperformance says: Jul 31, 2013 5:52 PM

It was picture day….he wanted to hold all four Lombardi trophies in his picture. He had to sneak them out of the Packer Hall of Fame under his shirt. Viking fans just wouldn’t understand. They’ve never seen a Lombardi trophy and their Hall of Fame is filled with stuffed walleye.

107. beerbratscheese says: Jul 31, 2013 7:17 PM

All three of Ponder’s TDs were from five yards or shorter. The Packers sold out on the run and Ponder was able to execute. It’s as simple as that.

Ponder completed those passes. There’s no denying that, but there’s absolutely no reason to think even someone like Tarvaris Jackson couldn’t do the exact same thing under the circumstances.

108. xx4zu1 says: Jul 31, 2013 9:31 PM

He looks like Bettis and not the thin rookie Bettis the svelte end of career Bus.

109. donth8thehorns says: Jul 31, 2013 11:05 PM

PONDER SUCKS!!!! He will barely start the season… He will be pulled for Cassel by week 3!!! The Vikings have an absolute complete team, and are a QB away from MULTIPLE Superbowls!!!! Out squad both offensively and defensively are deep and talented but will be the 1st to admit, we missed horribly with Ponder!!!!
    We will package several 1st round picks to select a top QB next year! Sadly, with a solid QB we would be Super Bowl contenders