O.J. paroled on some charges, more time to serve

File photo shows O.J. Simpson smileing as he confers with his defense attorney Patricia Palm at the end of an evidentiary hearing in Las Vegas Reuters

Hall of Fame running back O.J. Simpson was granted parole on some of his convictions from a 2008 armed robbery, but he’s not getting out of jail any time soon.

According to the Associated Press, Simpson still faces at least four more years in jail because he was convicted on multiple charges, and some of the sentences run consecutively.

The Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners approved Simpson’s parole request Wednesday. He appeared at a hearing last week, and said he regretted his involvement in the 2007 incident in which he held up two memorabilia dealers.

Simpson said during his hearing he promised the warden he’d be a model inmate and “the best person” they’ve had in the facility, adding: “I think for the most part I’ve kept my word on that.”

Simpson’s also awaiting a decision on a new trial on the original charges, claiming he was improperly represented. If a new trial is granted, there’s a chance prosecutors won’t retry the case, or give him credit for time served.

Permalink 42 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Home, Rumor Mill
42 Responses to “O.J. paroled on some charges, more time to serve”
  1. joetoronto says: Jul 31, 2013 1:21 PM

“I mean, ya, I killed a couple of inmates, but no big deal.”

2. scoops1 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:23 PM

He will be out in 2 years

3. aaroncurryisbust says: Jul 31, 2013 1:25 PM

#FreeOJSimpson

4. MichaelWrites says: Jul 31, 2013 1:25 PM

When they start a Hall of Fame for Model Inmates, maybe O.J. can be inducted into that one too.

5. oldirtyman says: Jul 31, 2013 1:25 PM

Al Sharpton and the NAACP will be rioting in the streets. O.J. should be a free man according to them. It’s not like he killed anyone…….

6. bmorehomeofthewire says: Jul 31, 2013 1:31 PM

FREE THE JUICE… LET THE JUICE LOOSE!!!

7. upperdecker19 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:32 PM

I think Nevada wants him outta that prison. The food bills alone must be killing them (bad pun intended). As it appears that OJ isn’t missing too many meals and is ripping off the other inmate’s corn meal dessert.

8. waldoampere says: Jul 31, 2013 1:36 PM

Simpson continued by telling the judge: “Hey, two thousand yards and a Heisman Trophy should count for something. I mean they did in my murder trial.”

9. ftomasic1961 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:36 PM

free him, he is the only one dedicated to finding out who killed his wife and friend…..he said he would too, so ya know……/sarcasm

10. godofwine330 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

Good for him. I know there are going to be a lot of people ticked off for this, but those are people that want to re-try him for the murders they think he committed that he was acquitted for. I have no idea what he is going to do once he gets out, but he doesn’t deserve to be in jail any longer.

11. deathonwings410 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:38 PM

OJ…smh.

12. jayniner says: Jul 31, 2013 1:40 PM

Note to self: If ever arrested on an armed robbery, kidnapping, or weapons charges, or any other serious crime for that matter, do the following:

1. Tell the judge my attorney said it was OK to do it
    2. I didn’t understand what my attorney told me about a plea bargain offer and what my options were
    3. Tell the judge and warden I’ll be a model inmate
    4. Take no responsibility for my actions

And instead of 33 years in prison, I’ll be out of there in no time!

13. deepseabreeze says: Jul 31, 2013 1:42 PM

all jokes aside, it’s crazy how far he has fallen. Juice was one of the best players of all time, then he had an acting career to fall back on. Now he’s just a worthless, murdering piece of trash.

14. officialgame says: Jul 31, 2013 1:45 PM

The man slaughtered two people and everyone knows he did it. Even his former attorney’s know he did it. As far as I am concerned he should rot in jail forever!

15. hendawg21 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:48 PM

Maybe if he had committed his crimes in Florida he’d of walked…Zimmerman killed an unarmed teenager whom cops told him not to continue to follow he got off, then there is the case of the guys who killed Sean Taylor they still have yet to be brought to trial…as for those who think O.J. is guilty of killing Nicole and Ron I suggest if you haven’t already watch an investigative report on Discovery ID or if you can find it anywhere a show called “My Brother the Serial Killer” I’ll bet you’ll have second thoughts about O.J.’s guilt after watching it.

16. nfl4days says: Jul 31, 2013 1:48 PM

God OJ looks like crap. He looks like a leathery potato with fuzzy mold.

17. officialgame says: Jul 31, 2013 1:50 PM

What was the name of his book? “If I Did It, This is How I Would Have Done It”. Classic narcissist.

18. ern215 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:51 PM

obviously the commenters on here have never really lived life and love pointing the finger at others, yall sound like bitter haters

19. hendawg21 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:53 PM

Just a bit from the Documentary…

Investigation Discovery spokesperson Alison Russo told Fox, “Our hearts go out to the families and friends of all of Glen Rogers’ victims. Victims of crime deserve nothing less than for the truth, and the whole truth to come out.”

The documentary claims Rogers confessed to the Brown-Goldman killings after he was already in jail for the 1995 murders of Tina Marie Cribbs in Tampa and Sandra Gallagher in Los Angeles. He is also suspected of killing at least 10 others and once claimed he had murdered 70 people.

Rogers reportedly provided receipts to cops that show he was working as a house painter in Los Angeles in 1994 when Brown was murdered. The documentary claims he told family members that he was working for Simpson, and he reportedly said she was rich and he was going to “take her down.”

A spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department told CNN the department would investigate Rogers’ claims but does not believe he was involved in Simpson and Goldman’s killings.

O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder charges in his criminal trial and later found guilty in a civil trial.

20. realdealsteel says: Jul 31, 2013 1:56 PM

I’m glad you know he did it. But us close to Brentwood know it was a drug hit. With O.J. present. Amazes me how the media can influence public opinion.

But he’s stupid so he needs to do another 4 years to sharpen his intelligence.

21. mrmraider7 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:57 PM

OJ will win his appeal, then get a new plea deal and will be out with time served within the next 18 months. People are outraged over the system failing to convict OJ for the murders…same people who aren’t mad for Travon Martin case…ijs

22. aintasinner says: Jul 31, 2013 1:57 PM

The “best person in here?” That isn’t saying much. After all, it’s a freaking prison! Most of the people in there are not very good people; that’s why they’re in there.

23. bcraze says: Jul 31, 2013 1:59 PM

If the orange jumpsuit don’t fit, you must acquit.

24. seabreezes51 says: Jul 31, 2013 1:59 PM

If they parole him he can continue his search for the killer of his ex-wife… ;)

25. vegasbearfan says: Jul 31, 2013 2:00 PM

Let him die in jail- he killed his exwife and Goldman and should have fried for that- good work Nevada

26. jfk69 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:01 PM

Prison food must be good. OJ looks like he hasn’t missed any meals. He also adds…To my fellow inmates. Upon my release I wish to have all my memorabilia especially autographed pictures,linens,shanks and other stuff. You all know how I feel about these things. Please peacefully comply
    Your Bro
    OJ

27. scoops1 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:09 PM

Marcus Allen is the killer…..

do your homework people….

he slept around with Nicole Brown, he and OJ are friends, they are Heisman brothers, and the glove could fit Marcus Allen’s hand

28. sillec28 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:31 PM

OJ looks like the Pillsbury Dough Boy with a tan.

29. patriotenvy says: Jul 31, 2013 2:32 PM

One of the best SNL skits ever was when they had O.J. look alike in the annoucers booth at a mock game. His character did a Madden type play discription on the teleprompter and when he was done it happen to spell I DID IT.

30. fballguy says: Jul 31, 2013 2:39 PM

Does this help or hurt the value of my O.J. rookie card?

31. FoozieGrooler says: Jul 31, 2013 2:51 PM

“..he promised the warden he’d be a model inmate and “the best person” they’ve had in the facility, adding: “I think for the most part I’ve kept my word on that.”…

For the most part?
    I want to hear about the times he wasn’t…

32. bluenose1965 says: Jul 31, 2013 2:56 PM

Is hendawg21 for real?

The one thing I will say about OJ is that he was absolutely set-up for his current “crime”.

However, he should have been in jail at the time.

DNA hendawg, DNA.

33. bigfish06 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:43 PM

officialgame says:Jul 31, 2013 1:45 PM

————————————————-

Get over it, a verdict has been rendered….just like with Zimmerman.

34. aa1829 says: Jul 31, 2013 3:51 PM

First, no crime was committed until TM attacked Z, it is not a crime for a neighborhood guy to walk behind someone, and a 911 operator has no authority to make him stop. Second, when OJ gets out, I hope he gets what’s coming to him, and I think I know what that is.

35. metitometin says: Jul 31, 2013 4:13 PM

When he gets out of prison, perhaps he can finally look for the real killers of Nicole and Ron. Or perhaps he can look in the mirror. Seriously, double murderers don’t belong back out on the streets.

I’ve often thought the OJ jury should’ve been prosecuted for dereliction of duty because they wanted to free OJ no matter what the evidence was. The day of the OJ verdict was the day our legal system went into the toilet for good, only reinforced by the Zimmerman verdict. We have officially become a banana republic.

36. bigfish06 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:15 PM

aa1829 says:Jul 31, 2013 3:51 PM

——————————————–
    Whatever, like people who were disappointed in the TM vs GZ case were told…..GET OVER IT! Jury gave a verdict regardless if you liked it or not. OJ may or may not get what’s coming to him, but I promise it won’t be you who decides what that is.

37. icdogg says: Jul 31, 2013 4:33 PM

Shame he can’t be convicted for his role in introducing us to the Kardashians.

38. aa1829 says: Jul 31, 2013 4:41 PM

I never was personally invested in the outcome of the case, other than to bear witness to the decline and fall of Amerika, and no, I won’t be the one to decide or be involved in what happens to OJ, kus I believe if you lay down with pigs, you get up smelling like one. So you get over it. I suspect you are one of the ones who wanted a conviction of Z, no matter the evidence, just like that slimy jury wanted OJ to walk, no matter the evidence.

39. jrcoop says: Jul 31, 2013 6:08 PM

I knew that hunger strike would reduce his sentence.

40. jharmon64 says: Aug 1, 2013 6:20 AM

Truth is, if you watched THIS trial, he should be out.

If you want to tie the murders into this, go ahead, but that’s not what is at issue here.

41. jahmic says: Aug 1, 2013 8:11 AM

I saw a link somewhere that said he had a super bowl party in his cell.

42. kejbj says: Aug 1, 2013 9:21 AM

I’d like to know what the odds are in Vegas when he gets out. He’s had too many hits in the head and he is one dumb indavidual!!

Sadly he got away with murder!