Brandon Moore’s Cowboy career: One night

Brandon Moore AP

Maybe it was all just a bad dream.

Because after sleeping on it, veteran guard Brandon Moore has already cut short his comeback after agreeing to a deal with Dallas last night.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, Moore has decided to retire instead of joining the Cowboys.

I’m a man of my word. I hated letting Bill [Callahan] down,” Moore said of the Cowboys offensive coordinator, who worked with Moore with the Jets.

That’s an abrupt move for the 33-year-old guard, who could have probably walked into a starting job for a team with injuries up front.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
36 Responses to “Brandon Moore’s Cowboy career: One night”
  1. chiadam says: Aug 7, 2013 9:25 AM

Will he still be in the Ring of Honor?

2. americasteamthenewyorkfootballgiants says: Aug 7, 2013 9:26 AM

Cant blame the guy wouldnt want to waste my time with that circus of bums either, maybe he can watch the playoffs with them since they all will be watching it from home

3. ccjcsr says: Aug 7, 2013 9:28 AM

Ok then, must be scared of competition

4. woodzee46 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:31 AM

Will go down as the Cowboy’s best lineman this year.

5. formuk says: Aug 7, 2013 9:31 AM

Wise choice.

6. mikethesteelerfan says: Aug 7, 2013 9:33 AM

I would retire too if I had to play for the Cowgirls!!!

7. kacimlangford says: Aug 7, 2013 9:34 AM

He said he can’t leave his family. So my assumption is that he hasn’t blown all his money and his family is more important to him than more money.

Good for him.

8. larrydavid7000 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:35 AM

Looks like the verdict is in and Moore choose retirement instead. Ha Ha cowgirls no one wants any part of your circus atmosphere in little d. 8-8 and best.

9. bdl08 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:36 AM

Leaving one circus for another circus is a horrible career move … All it took was one night of sleep to realize it.

10. revischrist16 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:38 AM

B Moore, from undrafted to a pro bowl guard. Worked hard, never talked, never complained. Turned down money to not uproot his family. Hoping he isn’t remembered for that one dumb Sanchez play. Thanks for the years.

-Jet Fan

11. Ryan Manley says: Aug 7, 2013 9:42 AM

Brandon Moore’s stay with the Cowboys is making Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries’ relationship look like an eternity.

12. bmorepositive123 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:48 AM

I’d rather retire than work for Jerry, too.

13. bbrophy1 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:48 AM

He and Sanchez created the butt-fumble memory, just think of the magic that could have been with him and Romo!

14. pdidit09 says: Aug 7, 2013 9:48 AM

Hate to hear that. Good luck Brandon in your life after football.

15. whyamiacowboysfanagain says: Aug 7, 2013 9:49 AM

Wow! The ink on the contract hasn’t even dried! Only in Jerrah’s World does this happen.

16. hartdaddy says: Aug 7, 2013 9:59 AM

Shame not many people can talk on a B.Moore article without mentioning the damn Butt Fumble. Underrated guard that helped NY greatly for years on that line but the “kids” only remember one stupid play from him?

Much respect to Moore hope he can have a successful post playing career & life, legit good dude & teammate.

17. ryann252013 says: Aug 7, 2013 10:06 AM

As a jets fan I hope everyone looks past the butt fumble with this guy, he was a great teammate,leader and player in NY for many years. He was truly the most underrated lineman, he never opened his mouth unless spoken too and produced every sunday. Good luck B Moore!

18. Patriot42 says: Aug 7, 2013 10:18 AM

After watching them play in the Hall of Fame game he probably thought it was going to be a looonnng season and is sorry he listened to Jerry Jones bragging about the cowgirls.

19. eastcoastniner says: Aug 7, 2013 10:19 AM

Kids screaming and yelling all day > Jerrah

20. commonsensedude says: Aug 7, 2013 10:21 AM

The last words Brandon Moore heard before he made his decision to retire:

Jerry Jones: “Brandon, now that you’re part of the Dallas Cowboys family, we’re going to be seeing an awful lot of each other. I come to all the practices. I come to all of the games. I am always hanging around the locker room. I am a constant presence here and you’re always going to have access to me, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from now until the end of the …”

Brandon: “Stop – I’ve made a mistake!”

21. vbbills says: Aug 7, 2013 10:45 AM

BM was not at fault for the butt-fumble, watch the tape. He looks over his left shoulder trying to find his QB and the hole was to the left of him. Sanchez got spooked and ran into the mass of humanity that was BM and VW.

22. ampats says: Aug 7, 2013 10:53 AM

Can’t make that nightmare go away. Woke up and realized that with Tony Romo behind center, deja vu can happen again.Not the way he wanted his career to be remembered.

23. cowpiesnotcowboys says: Aug 7, 2013 11:00 AM

I could see him coming out of retirement to play for a legitimate contender.

24. larrydavid7000 says: Aug 7, 2013 11:03 AM

OK in all honesty I did not know this was the guy from that one play. So saying that you MORONS stop bringing up the Butt fumble up. Let it go.!!!!!! JHC

25. daysend564 says: Aug 7, 2013 11:37 AM

Jerry waited too long. Let him get too comfortable on his couch, decided it was much easier than getting back out on the field at 33/34.

26. granadafan says: Aug 7, 2013 12:11 PM

The butt fumble wasn’t Moore’s fault. He had his behind turned to Sanchez. That play was 100% Sanchez’s fault as HE ran into Moore. Still, it was one of the funniest plays I’ve ever seen.

27. blackqbwhiterb says: Aug 7, 2013 12:12 PM

Good player, and it sure is fun to hound Dallas about this…….Hating the Cowboys just never gets old

28. maddog111 says: Aug 7, 2013 12:28 PM

Trust me Jets fans, it’s never Brandon Moore any of us think about when we think about the butt fumble. Guy was a good, solid pro for years. I wish him well in retirement.

29. vmannj says: Aug 7, 2013 12:36 PM

As a Cowboys fan from the ’90s Dynasty years, I can promise you…A LOT of Cowboys players have had one night stands.

30. Advanced Strength Training Programs says: Aug 7, 2013 1:15 PM

Football isn’t one of those jobs where you can do it half-hearted. I’m guessing reality hit and Demarcus Ware is big.

31. cowboysfaninsandiego says: Aug 7, 2013 1:24 PM

And this just occurred to you now? Right…..
    I bet it was something else the Cowboys caught on to. Cover up.

32. sidepull says: Aug 7, 2013 3:19 PM

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nobody wants to go from one loser to another.

33. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 7, 2013 5:20 PM

What you expect from the butt fumble guard?

34. skins1970 says: Aug 7, 2013 5:41 PM

Too bad I was looking forward to seeing Tony Romo run into his butt and fumble too.

35. skybox22blog says: Aug 7, 2013 6:36 PM

Still following. Love it!!!

36. 1bigtex says: Aug 7, 2013 9:06 PM

I don’t think anyone needs to worry about Brandon going into the Cowboys’ Ring of Honor. However, had he gone to Washington where their Ring of Fame includes a PA announcer, a County Commissioner, and a former QB whose 4 year career failed to ever produce a winning record, well, clearly the standards are quite a bit lower in the DC football world.