Brandon Carr goes prime time to FaceTime

Brandon Carr AP

Many teams are putting playbooks on iPads.

Brandon Carr just came up with a much better use for one.

According to Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the Cowboys cornerback was back in camp Thursday, after a two-day absence to see his newborn son.

But thanks to modern communications, he was able to see his son born even though he was halfway across the country.

Carr had flown back from Ohio to California with his teammates after Sunday night’s Hall of Fame Game, when word came that his fiance had gone into labor back in Dallas. Until he could get to the airport to return, he watched the delivery using FaceTime.

I saw everything I needed to see,” Carr said. “I saw it all. Technology is wonderful these days. Sometimes you can’t control what’s going to happen. You’ve just got to go with the flow. I made the most of it.”

While that brings up many questions (namely, who was holding the iPhone on the other end of the conversation), Carr was relieved to get home to see his new son Austin.

“No sleep at all, but I wouldn’t want it any other way,” Carr said. “It was a good feeling to be there and actually see your first son. I’m still trying to gather my thoughts and bring it all in. The last two days have been good. It’s a blessed feeling.”

Now that he’s rested, he’s expected to play Friday against the Raiders.

Permalink 17 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill
17 Responses to “Brandon Carr goes prime time to FaceTime”
  1. shayeezy says: Aug 8, 2013 3:48 PM

dat hairline

2. jeremywflores says: Aug 8, 2013 3:48 PM

Did his wife hold the phone during this FaceTime call?

3. germanstingray says: Aug 8, 2013 3:55 PM

How could his fiancee go into labor before they’re married?

4. gooboy6 says: Aug 8, 2013 3:56 PM

Chiefs never should have let him go

5. blackandbluedivision says: Aug 8, 2013 3:59 PM

_________________

does she not have parents?

6. smackingfools says: Aug 8, 2013 4:02 PM

Bet the NSA enjoyed that video.

7. bigdogbob says: Aug 8, 2013 4:03 PM

Having kids is awesome. I have 4 and everyone brings a different kind of happiness. They change you and force you to examine yourself and a lot of the time you don’t like what you find so you learn to change. Nothing wrong with not having kids, its just a different kind of happiness with them. You can’t explain it, you can only experience it.

8. shayeezy says: Aug 8, 2013 4:04 PM

yeah gooboy6, chiefs should have paid him the 50 million he was looking for and had two 50 million dollar corners. makes perfect sense. brandon flowers >

9. wearethechampsandyourenot says: Aug 8, 2013 4:19 PM

the ravens toasted this guy on their way to a victory over the girls last season

#champs

10. nathpz says: Aug 8, 2013 4:26 PM

They named their kid Austin Carr? Nice.

11. maiphatdong says: Aug 8, 2013 4:46 PM

gross!

12. gadgetdawg says: Aug 8, 2013 4:49 PM

namely, who was holding the iPhone on the other end of the conversation
    —————————-

Can someone please explain why this is a question a journalist would care to have the answer to? Not a single person outside of him and his fiance should know or care.

My congrats to the family.

13. kane337 says: Aug 8, 2013 5:04 PM

Congrats to you and your family Mr Carr

14. u4iadman says: Aug 8, 2013 5:08 PM

Tough choice of words to use during childbirth Brandon…”going with the flow”.

15. thirdistheworrd says: Aug 8, 2013 5:30 PM

_________________
    That was my first question too. I’ve been happy to be there for my wife in the delivery room, and I love my kids, but if I could do it all without the visual I wouldn’t mind one bit

16. romoscollarbone says: Aug 8, 2013 5:34 PM

Great story. Last year we had some thing similiar happen. Two days before ,y friends wedding his father fell ill and needed heart surgery. He was able to be present at the wedding from his bed via Skype and an IPad. All night long everyone switched off holding the iPad. It was pretty neat. The best part is my friends father put on his dress shirt and tux jacket in his hospital bed.

17. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 12, 2013 12:24 AM

Technology is impressive but there is nothing like being there and you don’t get another chance for a momment like that. And for what a lousy preseason game?

Carr may see the day he regrets missing that.