Skip to content

Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd carted off

Tennessee Titans v San Diego Chargers Getty Images

Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd left Monday’s training camp practice on a cart, multiple media outlets, including the San Diego Union-Tribune, reported.

Per multiple reports, the club’s medical staff was focusing on Floyd’s right knee.

According to Bernie Wilson of the Associated Press, Floyd fell after running into cornerback Shareece Wright.

The 31-year-old Floyd led the Chargers in receptions (56) and receiving yards (814) in 2012. He is one of the Chargers’ starting receivers.

Danario Alexander, the club’s other first-string wideout entering camp, suffered a season-ending ACL tear last week.

Permalink 38 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill, San Diego Chargers
38 Responses to “Chargers wide receiver Malcom Floyd carted off”
  1. ingraven says: Aug 12, 2013 7:11 PM

    I’m so tired of hearing somebody’s been “carted off”. This is one of the FEW sucky parts about football.

  2. Mr. Wright 212 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:14 PM

    NOT NEEDED.

  3. seahawksteven777 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:15 PM

    Not good news at all. Keenan Allen will probably have a bigger role now than he originally was supposed to have.

  4. tencharge says: Aug 12, 2013 7:15 PM

    Unreal. If it gets much worse I’m gonna be on the Clown for Clowney train this season.

  5. murtdurt says: Aug 12, 2013 7:22 PM

    This is getting ridiculous! If aj had paid Vincent Jackson the money he deserved this wouldn’t be such a problem!!

  6. natelan69 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:27 PM

    OK… NOW things are starting to look a little scary…

  7. celty00 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:29 PM

    yikes!! hope its just a bruise or something. not a fan of chargers but not a good sign.

  8. zeeman911 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:34 PM

    Time to sign T.O.!!!

  9. sdb0ltz says: Aug 12, 2013 7:35 PM

    At this point we need to just say “F it” and sign BOTH Ocho Cinco and T.O.

  10. clarkisgod says: Aug 12, 2013 7:39 PM

    T.O to S.D. sounds like a future post. Seriously though, terrible news for Chargers.

  11. jayniner says: Aug 12, 2013 7:44 PM

    And I thought we had it bad in San Francisco.

  12. nzaz says: Aug 12, 2013 7:47 PM

    I can’t think of anyone other then Rivers that would be a worst case scenario injury. Our receiving corp went fop from being deep to having its head cut off . I have faith in Vincent Brown at the one spot and Royal in the slot but not so much when it comes to Allen or Meachum taking the 2 spot. On top of that we no longer have wr depth and no good FA’s available. Our success was tied to keeping the best 22 players healthy so we’re in trouble.

  13. slbasegame257 says: Aug 12, 2013 7:50 PM

    You know Terrell Owens can still play. He ran a 4.4 40 yard dash last year. Just saying.

  14. sdcameron says: Aug 12, 2013 7:50 PM

    It’s all Wrights fault, he injured Alexander too! (joking but a weird coincidence.)

  15. yaryers says: Aug 12, 2013 7:56 PM

    @murtdurt

    If AJ had paid Vincent Jackson the money he deserved, he would have busted his knee too. That’s just the way San Diego sports work.

    We can only hope Floyd is ok. This is supposed to be Rivers’ bounce back year. It would be a shame if he again underpeforms because of poor complimentary talent. Especially since many consider this his last chance.

  16. thehuckster404 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:07 PM

    With every preseason injury, Goodell’s 18 game proposal gets tougher and tougher to swallow.

  17. xgarcia22 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:07 PM

    “This is supposed to be Rivers bounce back year.”

    LMFAO

  18. slick50ks says: Aug 12, 2013 8:17 PM

    The fade are drooling at the prospects of crawling over your corpse out of the basement this year.

  19. mrgroovesd says: Aug 12, 2013 8:18 PM

    Geez! Come on now! Not looking good right now.

  20. chargersdiehard says: Aug 12, 2013 8:20 PM

    Phillip Rivers will throw for 3500 yards no matter who the receivers are. He does it year in and year out. McCoy will cut down on the mistakes and the o line will give home more time. Next man up, m80 get well soon!

  21. nananatman says: Aug 12, 2013 8:20 PM

    Derek Hagan?

  22. 619sdfan4life says: Aug 12, 2013 8:23 PM

    Fml…. Can we just start the damn season already. Holy crap the entire league is gonna be on pup list by the end of camp… And Goddell wants to add games. Weather we have 2 or 4 press on games I think at this point we would all be ok to cancel preseason.

  23. dirtybird28 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:35 PM

    Wow, that sucks. Malcolm could be a huge weapon for them this year.

  24. SouthTexasRaider says: Aug 12, 2013 8:46 PM

    Ouch!

  25. rmaxmaicon says: Aug 12, 2013 8:49 PM

    Chargers should just TAKE IT UP THE BROWNY FOR CLOWNY this yr.

  26. racerx1225 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:49 PM

    I think Hagan signed already, if not, he has good hands and can get open. The Raiders will be cutting a couple of talented young guys for sure. UDFA’s but good. They can benefit from signing 1 or 2 of them.

  27. thereyougo2 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:52 PM

    Sorry SanDiego fan. Ann they were not contending anyway.

  28. thereyougo2 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:53 PM

    That,s not Ann it’s ahhh.

  29. thereyougo2 says: Aug 12, 2013 8:57 PM

    Have any of u T.O. Fans watched him try to catch the ball in his last try-out?

  30. giantsfan64 says: Aug 12, 2013 9:13 PM

    It’s all falling in place for Keenan Allen. First round talent. They got a steal

  31. albundy4tds1game says: Aug 12, 2013 9:35 PM

    Hagan is a buccaneer for now

  32. poormanspoison says: Aug 12, 2013 9:36 PM

    Im sure mcCoy has already called his boy B-Loyd

  33. robgilman says: Aug 12, 2013 9:59 PM

    I hear the wheels on the Charger choo choo coming loose already! All aboard the train wreck led by Phil the engine driver!

  34. sanityinsd says: Aug 12, 2013 10:26 PM

    Hopefully Brice Butler will be cut from OAK in yet another stellar move by the Raiders and he can come home and make a contribution this year.

    It’s time to put something other than glass out on the field.

  35. vipod4ever says: Aug 12, 2013 10:36 PM

    I’ll say it again…a team on nobodies radar will win it all this year…big names going down everywhere…it’s the year of attrition.

  36. slbasegame257 says: Aug 12, 2013 10:52 PM

    thereyougo2- Yeah he looked good for the most part. He was just a little rusty and dropped a few passes, but athletically he can still ball. He got beat out by Braylon Edwards who had probably the most impressive preseason of all the hawks WRs. Edwards didn’t do anything after that but still.

  37. 619sdfan4life says: Aug 13, 2013 12:14 AM

    Brandon Lloyd and Laurent Robinson are available still Tom Telesco

  38. joetoronto says: Aug 13, 2013 4:05 AM

    It’s a good thing the Chargers “are loaded at WR.”

    Choo choo!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!