Jonathan Kraft doesn’t think Tom Brady injury serious

Tom Brady AP

Until there’s any specific word on Tom Brady’s knee injury, panic will ensue.

But Patriots president Jonathan Kraft did his best to calm the masses on the Felger and Mazz show on 98.5 The Sports Hub.

I don’t believe it’s serious, but I don’t know,” Kraft said.

Thanks to the cell phone video produced by a fan, you can see Buccaneers defensive end Adrian Clayborn pushing Patriots tackle Nate Solder back into Brady, who collapses and grabs his left knee.

And considering how forthcoming the Patriots have been in the past with injury information, nothing short of cell phone video of him sprinting is going to ease the worry of Patriots fans.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Jonathan Kraft doesn’t think Tom Brady injury serious”
  1. supremekingz says: Aug 14, 2013 5:25 PM

Tebow Time

2. gsomatt says: Aug 14, 2013 5:28 PM

“I don’t believe it’s serious” meaning “oh crap this could be serious”.

3. detectivejimmymcnulty says: Aug 14, 2013 5:28 PM

To everyone rooting for him being hurt..

Wouldn’t you rather your team beat Brady and end his season rather than him being out for the season? More ammo to bash the Patriots when Brady loses in the playoffs.

4. jhein23 says: Aug 14, 2013 5:28 PM

If Brady is done for the season and the Patriots end up with a terrible record, do they pull a Packers with Favre move and draft the best QB in 2014 draft to backup Brady and eventually take over?

5. butchhickory says: Aug 14, 2013 5:29 PM

“I don’t believe it’s serious, but I don’t know.”
    I don’t believe I know how smart that statement is, But I don’t know.

6. bucrightoff says: Aug 14, 2013 5:29 PM

Funny to see the Pats fans blaming Clayborn for hurting Brady. So its Adrian’s fault he totally dominated Nate Solder? Ok then.

7. bennyb82 says: Aug 14, 2013 5:30 PM

Someone should ask McNabb if he would come out of retirement if Brady is out…just to see what he says.

8. shootscuz says: Aug 14, 2013 5:30 PM

I hope it’s all good. As a Broncos fan I know how much it would suck to lose your superstar QB. The NFL is better when it’s best players are on the field.

9. swaggyy says: Aug 14, 2013 5:33 PM

I didn’t know Jonathan Kraft was a doctor

10. 12444uggg says: Aug 14, 2013 5:35 PM

He’ll be fine. Tweeking a knee isn’t good, but if it was an ACL he wouldn’t have walked off.

11. huff420sizzle says: Aug 14, 2013 5:43 PM

at least they’ll still beat Pittsburgh if they have to resort to tebow time!!

12. heyitsmejosh says: Aug 14, 2013 5:51 PM

he got up and finished the drill and then he jogged off the field and the trainer didnt even go with him. he probably just tweaked it and went to ice it down as a precaution.

13. cmdrsmooth says: Aug 14, 2013 5:55 PM

Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!

14. ampats says: Aug 14, 2013 5:56 PM

Doubt it’s anything more than a tweak. He jogged off the field. People with serious knee injuries don’t jog.

Sad to see how many people would like to see Brady hurt. Can’t beat them then hope they get hurt?

15. vikes1980 says: Aug 14, 2013 6:00 PM

time for Mallett to show what he can do with the offense they have…..

16. nyjetsfan08 says: Aug 14, 2013 6:05 PM

As a Jets fan, I hope he is okay. He’s the only player I care about as a Jets fan. And since we’re not getting to a SuperBowl any time soon, the Pats are the closest team out of the AFC East that can get there. Better your own division, I say.

17. historyisyourfriend says: Aug 14, 2013 6:19 PM

Never want to see anyone get hurt, especially one of the guys who does all the things you want your star QB to do (on and off the field). Hopefully this is minor and he gets back on the field as soon as possible.

By the way, I am a Steelers fan and the Patriots are on our schedule. Win or lose I want their best team out there. Any real fan of the sport should want the same.

18. andyr2120 says: Aug 14, 2013 6:23 PM

I messed up my MCL in a pickup game and continued to play for another hour. Everything was fine until I stopped moving for a while, then I realized my knee was swollen and bruised up. I would not have been able to play ball again for several weeks after that… energy levels keep you flexible and pain free.

19. bucsfan5000 says: Aug 14, 2013 7:03 PM

JaMarcus Russell is available, just saying.

20. giantsfan64 says: Aug 14, 2013 10:22 PM

Drew Bledsoe can come back. Just sayin.

21. giantsfan64 says: Aug 14, 2013 10:23 PM

We want Brady back. After all, the GMEN & Eli own the Pats & Brady.

22. garrison1981 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:52 AM

Jhein23; ur nuts! If Brady was to be injured and this season tanked your crazy to think they would look anywhere but at Clowney! EVRYONE wants CLOWNEY!! Nice try though! Ps they have a good QB on the bench! No ….not him….Mallet!

23. patsfan13 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:43 AM

I’m in shock! There was actually an intelligent post from a Steeler’s fan. What is the world coming to?