Aaron Rodgers: Jennings’ comments wash over me without a reaction

Arizona Cardinals v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers came into the league with a chip on his shoulder about slipping to the 24th overall pick and he’s found numerous ways to fuel a sense of outrage ever since on his way to a Super Bowl title and a spot at the top of the list of the best quarterbacks in the NFL.

He hasn’t been shy about sharing his anger at perceived slights over the years, but Rodgers says that he won’t be engaging with Vikings wide receiver Greg Jennings after the former Packer has spent much of the offseason lobbing barbs at his ex-teammate. In a piece for TheMMQB.com, Rodgers writes that Jennings’ words don’t mean much to him.

“People taking shots at me who aren’t relevant to this team and to this locker room doesn’t mean a whole lot to me,” Rodgers wrote. “Those comments do wash over with me without a reaction, because they don’t matter.”

Based on that response, Rodgers won’t much care what Donald Driver, another person who falls into the category of not being relevant to the 2013 Packers, had to say about Jennings’ comments about a separation between Rodgers and his teammates. Driver called Rodgers “a great guy” and said he didn’t know what might have gone on between Rodgers and Jennings in the past while also explaining what he thought Jennings was talking about.

“We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else,” Driver said during an appearance on ESPN Radio. “If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to. … That’s the way the guy is. I’ve always told Aaron, ‘Don’t forget where you come from because the people are the ones who put you on that pedestal. You didn’t put yourself there.’”

While there might be differences of opinion about Rodgers’ leadership style, it’s hard to argue with the offense’s results on the football field over the last few weeks. That matters much more than whether or not the players are chummy and all the comments from former teammates won’t do anything to knock Rodgers down unless the production should take a turn for the worse.

Permalink 168 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
168 Responses to “Aaron Rodgers: Jennings’ comments wash over me without a reaction”
  1. klattubarada says: Aug 15, 2013 3:16 PM

So leadership is covering up for a WR not doing their job?

What?

2. duece5 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:17 PM

The fact of his no comment comment speak for itself……Erin does react to the constructive criticism!

Wow…….the “real” Rodgers is coming to rear it’s head…..Driver and Jennings…….hmmm…….me thinks this “brainwashing” that Jennings speak about has merit and alot of legs!

3. barroomhero80 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:17 PM

If that was so you wouldn’t have said anything at all princess. You know he cried in clarissas arms before they made love

4. captainwisdom8888 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:19 PM

Jennings’ focus as we approach this 2013 season should be on his own team and what he can do to help them win games. Criticizing Rodgers to no end doesn’t benefit Greg Jennings in any way, shape, or form. Rodgers certainly isn’t focused on Jennings, that’s for sure, and Greg should temper down this bitter anti-Rodgers campaign and remember to just focus on his own job. It’s really quite simple…

5. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:20 PM

Don’t worry, the Packer’s PR machine won’t let Erin Rodgers say anything to inflame the situation. Erin is very well trained. That is why his teammates are the only ones to know his true personality. The public just sees this facade that was created during the Packer’s 2008 smear campaign against Favre.

6. thejuddstir says: Aug 15, 2013 3:20 PM

I had not formed an opinion on who to believe, Rogers or Jennings, but after hearing Donald Driver’s comments, it’s quite clear that Rodgers has become a diva (who said that B. Favre refused to mentor Rogers) and thinks very little of his teammates whether they be current or ex teammates. I think Rogers still carries a huge chip on his shoulder after getting ignored and left in the “green room” at his draft and is now more than willing to let everyone know that “he is the man.” Sad because I really wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. Don’t know if there is a more stand up classy guy that D.Driver and I am sure it was difficult for him to say what he said about Rogers. (For all the Packer/Vikings rubes out there…..maybe this is the reason why so many Packer players are wanting to move across the border to Minny, LOL )

7. youarejealousof6rings says: Aug 15, 2013 3:20 PM

He is still heart-broken by Braun.

8. fredsingleton says: Aug 15, 2013 3:20 PM

Rodgers’ ego is almost as big as their fanbase’s BMI. Gee, I wonder where he got it from…Favre (cough)..(cough)..

Donald Driver is the only classy guy that has come out of Green Bay.

Oh and good luck this season Green Bay, only 5 more injuries to your team before the season starts. But it can’t be because of your inept coaching/training staff. Nope, probably McCarthy’s or Capers’ fault. Well, they both should be fired as well.

9. cmoney20 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:21 PM

Aaron Rodgers or A-Rod as I like to call him has been a smug weirdo from day one. I’m glad people are finally starting to speak out about him. I haven’t read one comment by him where I haven’t screamed “A-hole” or flipped him the bird after he’s done with his thoughts.

10. 808raiderinparadise says: Aug 15, 2013 3:21 PM

Wash over you like that Old Spice Body Wash supply that Jennings gave you.

11. firerogergoodell says: Aug 15, 2013 3:21 PM

It’s pretty funny that all these guys keep calling Rodgers a dbag on national tv lol. That being said, this isn’t a relevant topic until the Packers start losing games. Or until Christian Ponder can start getting Jennings the ball (HAHAHA).

– a Vikings fan

12. valhalla2013 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:22 PM

From a Vikings fan… there is no doubt is among the top QBs in the NFL. I do hate that arrogant smart ass smile he has though. I hope my Vikings can wipe that smile off his face this year.

13. jda129 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:23 PM

Wash over him without reaction just like the touch of a woman.

14. historyisyourfriend says: Aug 15, 2013 3:23 PM

Love how these guys talk smack after they are off the team. Where was all this when they were right there and could of said it straight to him?

The media at large really need to keep mics away from certain individuals who are bitter over what their career was/could of been.

15. 28for20 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:25 PM

Right, and you were surprised that Braun lied to you!

16. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 15, 2013 3:25 PM

Greatest Player in the NFl right now, hands down.

17. reesesteel23 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:25 PM

Shaaron Rogers-Braun

18. scoops1 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:26 PM

good boy A-rodge

19. scrp2 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:26 PM

Mark down two regular season wins against the Vikings this year.

20. fruitcovejag says: Aug 15, 2013 3:26 PM

I have no idea what Donald Driver was talking about! Am I alone? His comments made absolutely no sense.

21. deltaoracle says: Aug 15, 2013 3:27 PM

Rodgers could probably be a better person, like most of us. I don’t know him and won’t presume to pass judgement. But it’s a VERY rare QB who doesn’t occasionally blow up at a teammate who screwed up. #4 certainly threw people under the bus from time to time. Even Bart Starr probably did it once or twice, though I can’t recall any.

22. expatpatfan says: Aug 15, 2013 3:27 PM

So I should get mad at my coworkers for refusing to take the blame for my failings?

23. mavajo says: Aug 15, 2013 3:28 PM

Lol wut?

Look, I’m a Packers fan. But I’m not naive to think Rodgers doesn’t have an ego – clearly the dude’s got a huge ego. And I’m glad. All the greats have egos. Favre had an ego. Jordan had an ego. Brady’s got an ego. Woods has an ego.

So the fact that Rodgers can be an egotistical jerk doesn’t really surprise me. Big deal. What DOES surprise me though is these crybaby wide receivers that are actually publicly saying that they want another grown man to accept blame for THEIR mistakes. W-T-F. Accepting blame for someone elses’ mistakes is NOT leadership. That’s stupid.

Now if Aaron was going in the media ripping you guys for making mistakes, that’s a different story – THAT would be bad leadership. But if he’s calling you out during the game or in the locker room for making mistakes and telling you to get it right? That’s what he SHOULD be doing and THAT is leadership.

You chumps need to be man enough to admit your mistakes, instead of going crying to the media because Rodgers’ wouldn’t take the blame for you and he actually expected you to be accountable for your mistakes.

God what a bunch of babies. Go change your skirts.

24. bfrsd says: Aug 15, 2013 3:29 PM

I love my team and do have some biases in regards to them but I like to think that I’m pretty even keel in my thought process in regards to players. I really like some of the players on the Packers and there are a few who I really don’t like that much.

With that said, if Rodgers was a punk, even though he is great, I wouldn’t like him. By all accounts outside a diva WR like Jennings, Rodgers is a really good dude. Driver even states that he’s a great guy but he won’t take the blame for other players mistakes. What’s wrong with that?

Rodgers always deflects praise from himself in interviews and he wants his teammates to do the best they can behind close doors. Why should he take the blame if Driver ran the wrong route? I’ve yet to see Rodgers yell at his teammates like we’ve seen Brady, Manning, and Cutler do. He’s a good dude and this is a non-story.

25. jgreeds says: Aug 15, 2013 3:29 PM

I take it Aaron doesn’t proofread after he writes.

26. minnesconsin says: Aug 15, 2013 3:31 PM

oh boo-hoo. if the worst thing rodgers does is not falsely take responsibility for his teammates gaffes, I’d say he’s doing just fine.

When a receiver runs a bad route, it’s not too much to ask that receiver to admit his mistake. Why expect the QB to take the blame? If rodgers has a bad game or a bad play, he answers for it. His comments about his pic in the NFC title game against the Bears:

“It was a terrible throw,” Rodgers said. “Once I threw it, I started sprinting. I was hoping I could catch up to him. When he turned to face me, I had to make a stand. I figured I’d make the tackle or he’d score.

“I wanted to get him down. I’m glad I got him down. It was a real bad play by me. We could have been up by three scores.”

27. josephvu206 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:31 PM

Jennings is mad because Rodgers won’t take responsibility for his mistakes? That’s silly. Rodgers took blame for Jordy’s injury Vs. the Vikings and for their early season struggles. A leader is somebody who tells you when you made a mistake so you can prevent the same mistake the next time. A leader shouldn’t be popular because that’s how they get walked over.

28. svn2011 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:33 PM

This is simply hilarious . If a receiver runs a wrong route , its his fault . Not sure what rodgers should cover for here. Looks like the receivers are more concerned about what people say about them when they make mistakes than rodgers is.

29. butchhickory says: Aug 15, 2013 3:33 PM

This is something that should have been discussed when they were teammates. Now, it just looks like backstabbing. But, this is something that goes on in all professions. Jealousy is a bad thing to have.
    Ok, enough of me trying to be nice. I would like to see these two in the pro bowl and Rodgers lead a pass to Jennings over the middle and a LB crush him. That would shut Jennings up. Although, not for long.

30. buhbay1c says: Aug 15, 2013 3:33 PM

Best QB on the planet, and also an egomaniacal douche. It’s not a coincidence that both Jennings and Finley have called him out on it.

31. suite34 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:34 PM

Or, Driver, you man up and take responsibility for running the wrong route, instead of asking your QB to take the blame for your mistake.

32. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:35 PM

deltaoracle says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:27 PM
    #4 certainly threw people under the bus from time to time.

When?

33. ruvelligwebuike says: Aug 15, 2013 3:36 PM

So when Greg drops balls, whines about his contract during the season, can’t stay on the field, and Jones, Nelson and Cobb pass him by….

Aaron should take the blame and not call him out? Leadership?

What??

34. sandblastermoron says: Aug 15, 2013 3:37 PM

Maybe Greg is mad because he never got the chance to make out with Ryan Braun like Aarron did at the Charity Golf tournament…… you heard it hear first folks….cats out of the bag….
    badda bing baby!!!!!

35. jimair1 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:38 PM

I understand not throwing your teammates under the bus. However, since when is it leadership to take the blame for everything. If a receiver runs a wrong route, leadership is telling that guy he ran it wrong within the team. Rogers doesn’t call these guys out in the press or in public.

36. mrnick66 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:40 PM

poor greg!! as injuries mounted other players like james jones and randall (tex) cobb stepped up and displaced him and then he found out the packers did not want him…boo hoo lets see how his mouth works after it dawns on him that instead of rodgers he has “pounder” tossing him passes.

37. jhein23 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:42 PM

As a Packers fan I couldn’t care less what fans of other teams think about anyone on Green Bay including Rodgers. As long as the Packers keep winning games at the pace they’ve been winning I’m happy. You keep having 10-12 win seasons you will eventually at least make it to another SB. At the end of the day that’s all that matters. I hate Tom Brady but do New England fans care what I think? No and they shouldn’t.

38. countyk66ers says: Aug 15, 2013 3:45 PM

James Jones is happy.

39. bfrsd says: Aug 15, 2013 3:46 PM

buhbay1c says: Aug 15, 2013 3:33 PM

—————————————-
    Yeah because Jennings and Finley are both class acts who never pouted over not getting more balls thrown their way. Wait…

40. deltaoracle says: Aug 15, 2013 3:47 PM

I thought Erin played for the Vikings. For Leslie.

41. bfrsd says: Aug 15, 2013 3:48 PM

Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:35 PM

deltaoracle says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:27 PM
    #4 certainly threw people under the bus from time to time.

When?
    ————————————–
    You Favre fanatics are the worst.

He threw people under the boss off the field more than he did on it. He was involved in the whole Chumura fiasco and was one of his best friends. After the incident, he completely turned his back on Chu even though they were both in it knee deep.

42. howiehandles says: Aug 15, 2013 3:49 PM

As a meathead Bear’s fan, Packers bad. Although I will admit loving watching their offense.

But in reality, if the WR ran the wrong wrote, be a man (I hate that saying), but take ownership of it. Don’t expect the QB to rub your butt when you’re the one who screwed up. It happens.

That being said, the worst part of being a professional athlete has to be dealing with the media, in the respect that every thought that comes out gets reported. Good grief if some of the stuff in my brain comes out in print or audio. No wonder these guys sometimes sound like female dogs or babies.

43. thejuddstir says: Aug 15, 2013 3:52 PM

historyisyourfriend says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:23 PM
    =============================
    duh…… maybe it’s the basis for the “brainwashing” comment from Jennings. I suspect that Rodgers has such a fragile ego/psyche that teammates are instructed to either say positive things about Rodgers or nothing at all. Keep in mind, Jennings isn’t the first person to talk about Rodgers in an unflattering manner. Couple years ago Finley made disparaging remarks and he was quickly put into McCarthy’s doghouse and removed from Rodgers vision in the passing game. Now we have Jennings, Driver, Longwell, etc…….Rodgers has an extremely fragile disposition and that might have been the reason teams passed him by on draft night.

44. 7ransponder says: Aug 15, 2013 3:53 PM

Reacting by saying you don’t react is still a reaction.

45. deltaoracle says: Aug 15, 2013 3:53 PM

Wisconsin77 – After throwing an interception intended for I think Berrian and being asked about it after the game, Favre said something like “I put the ball where it was supposed to be.” Plus numerous occasions when he’d be walking off the field after incompletions or interceptions and staring down a receiver while making motions with his hands showing how the route should have been run. Did you ever watch any of his games?

46. dashad5432 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:54 PM

Rodgers look like Ryan Braun

47. irishgary says: Aug 15, 2013 3:55 PM

@Wisconsin77

Did you see what Farve used to do to Schroeder? Scream at him on the field????

Yeah Favre did it too.

I always thought all players should own up to there mistakes.

48. duece5 says: Aug 15, 2013 3:58 PM

I smell a schism!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Erin, go cry on Braun’s shoulder….he doesn’t lie I heard!!!!

49. gbmickey says: Aug 15, 2013 4:02 PM

The whiny vikequeen fans run their mouths once again failing to understand the article, i guess that comes with envy. If you take the time to read and comprehend Driver one of the most classiest and honest people stated that Rodgers wouldnt cover for your diva wide receiver when he screwed up. I cant wait to see when Jennings throws Ponder under the bus and will have the balls to stand up for himself. Let the schism begin or should I say continue. Have fun with that.

50. rtp295 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:03 PM

Why would it be the quarterbacks job to take pressue off others? They play the most scrutinized poisition in football.

51. cornstarforcouncil says: Aug 15, 2013 4:03 PM

Don’t ever leave Green Bay Aaron, a medium sized media market let alone a large one would eat you alive.

52. justintuckrule says: Aug 15, 2013 4:03 PM

My secretary is my teammate. I’d take the blame for her in a second if she effed up. Blaming an underling is a dbag move. I’m not surprised if there was a route miscommunication it was never the great Rodgers’ fault. No wonder WR after WR have spoken out about him. If he inspired rather than turned off his teammates with his behavior, they might have 3 more rings by now.

53. ruvelligwebuike says: Aug 15, 2013 4:03 PM

Wisconsin77 is Scott Favre. Or Bonita. I haven’t figured out which one yet. That’s the only way a grown person could have idol worship that pathetically bad.

54. herlies says: Aug 15, 2013 4:04 PM

One former receiver says Rodgers isn’t accountable, the other says that Rodgers should take the heat for receivers running the wrong routes?

Bad defense, horrible OL, no running game, worst kicker in the league.

Maybe Rodgers should void that contract and get the hell out of Green Bay. There are about 30 other teams who could use him and would likely treat him better.

55. eclipsingbinary says: Aug 15, 2013 4:06 PM

That’s not the only thing that washes over Sharron Rodgers.

56. hehateme2 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:08 PM

It’s the best way of dealing with ignorance. Don’t feed the trolls ;-0

57. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:10 PM

bfrsd says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:48 PM
    He threw people under the boss off the field more than he did on it.

ahh, so you must have many examples. I mean, other than the fact that he didn’t support a guy charged with molesting a child.

58. rikker12 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:11 PM

Jennings is turning into another Viking fan… Always complaining or putting down other teams and there players…. Stay classy Vikings!! Your run for a preseason SB is almost over..

59. chi01town says: Aug 15, 2013 4:17 PM

Rodger’s you dont have a WR on that team worth talking about NOW LET’s get to the real question. WHAT WAS RODGERS DOING LOOKING IN RYAN BRAUN’S EYES?
    And this is the same Rodgers that turned down a date with Miss America. It walk like a duck and it look like a duck. I aint waiting for it to quack.

60. rtp295 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:18 PM

Also que the Queens fans saying we are a few injuries away from 6-10, this article has nothing to do with injuries.

61. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:20 PM

“You Favre fanatics are the worst.”

Favre fanatic = somebody who wasn’t brainwashed into hating the guy during the Packer’s 2008 PR campaign against Favre. (Ran by the same guy who led the PR campaign to lie to the world about WMDs in Iraq I might add)

62. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:23 PM

I think the only way Rodgers can put this to bed is with a 2nd Lombardi trophy.

63. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:26 PM

Along similar lines, Viking fan comments aren’t really relevant to successful franchises anyway, nor will they be relevant to their previous state of MN in the very near future.

64. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Aug 15, 2013 4:26 PM

So Jennings used to be the classiest player on the Packers. Then he leaves and says some things about Rodgers that aren’t particularly flattering and the Packer fans are all over him for not being classy like Donald Driver, the other classiest player on the Packers. Then Driver agrees with Jennings. So when are you all just going to admit that Aaron maybe isn’t the greatest guy in the locker room? Maybe the problem isn’t with the guys who are blowing the whistle.

65. deltaoracle says: Aug 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Lest we forget – Driver called Rodgers “a great guy.” Okay, now back to the venom…

66. eclipsingbinary says: Aug 15, 2013 4:31 PM

Feed the trolls. Mark Sanchez idiot.

67. brettfavresmidget says: Aug 15, 2013 4:31 PM

Shhhhhh….less talk, more eating.

68. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:34 PM

If Rodgers gets a little smug after beating the hapless, tasteless Vikings twice per season for each of the past 3 years, who could blame him?

69. jimnsota says: Aug 15, 2013 4:36 PM

Don’t worry Aaron we all know deep down it really bugs you. Your a pretty boy that’s been stroked your whole life.
    I love what Jennings is doing he is getting in the kitchen of the princess!!

70. thejuddstir says: Aug 15, 2013 4:37 PM

Don’t worry Erin, your brainwashed packer faithful will come to your rescue as today you are still their hero………brett favre says “wait until tomorrow when you will no longer be the flavor of the month and they will turn on you like flies on chit”

71. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:39 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:25 PM
    Greatest Player in the NFl right now, hands down.

——————————————————-

Jennings? He’s not thaaaat good…..

72. jcbadger34 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:40 PM

As usual – Story about Rodgers filled with jealous Vikings trolls who can’t recognize the irony in the fact that they think calling him “Erin” is such a sweet burn…..when their favorite team actually has a player named Erin.

“DERP! I’m gonna spell his name like a girl!!! That’ll show ‘im! DERP!”

73. heisthejuan says: Aug 15, 2013 4:40 PM

Aaron Rodgers couldn’t be more passive aggressive if he tried.

74. demjoneses says: Aug 15, 2013 4:43 PM

Aren’t leaders supposed to hold those they’re leading accountable for their mistakes? When Driver and Jennings were doing the Lamo Leap was Rogers running 60 yards to take credit by doing the Lamo Leap too?

And people say Aaron Rodgers is arrogant, how about those prissy WRs being mad AR wouldn’t take the blame. Image what they would say about Cutler after he ripped into them for running the wrong route. YOUCH

BEAR DOWN!!!!

75. whatjusthapped says: Aug 15, 2013 4:48 PM

This is much ado about nothing. But where it gets interesting is when the Packers play the Vikings this year, Rodgers will use it as motivation and when the Vikings drop 2 games to the Packers as is their custom for the past 3 years, all the Viking fans can blame Jennings for his big mouth.

Which is easier to justify than recognizing that Ponder is not a real NFL Qb, just playing one on TV.

76. johngaltwho says: Aug 15, 2013 4:52 PM

What satisfaction it must bring for some to sit in the basement, with empty beer cans and puke stained carpet and share their hatred for Aaron Rodgers, their insights into statewide obesity or their scouting acumen that tells them that this Packer team is doomed. Thats one way to enjoy the preseason.

Personally, I’d rather watch football, root for my team, The Packers, and respect Aaron Rodgers for his incredible poise, skill and team leadership.

Go Pack Go

77. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:52 PM

jcbadger34 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 4:40 PM

“DERP! I’m gonna spell his name like a girl!!! That’ll show ‘im! DERP!”

———————————————————

Like Wisconsin fans that have no identity of their own and need to include the Badgers or Packers in their names?

Nice try. Fail.

78. glennsyank13 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:53 PM

I don’t get the “Erin” jokes. The Vikings actually have an Erin starting…. yet they Aaron Rodgers call him Erin. I guess you guys not only start a girl, but you lose to a girl twice a year as well.

79. mwitt5148 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:53 PM

As long as he takes responsibility for his own play at the same time. One of the most infuriating things about McNabb when he was in Philly was that he would often throw guys under the bus while not taking responsibility for his own poor play.

80. Norseman says: Aug 15, 2013 5:01 PM

I still remember Rodgers going over to Jennings and Driver, who were sitting next to each other on the bench, at the end of the 9ers loss in the playoffs last year. He knew it was his last game with them after a lot of years together, and basically Rodgers said something like, “nice playing with you- see ya.” and walked away.

They both looked at each other and basically said, ‘WTF was that?’

Add to that Rodgers saying on his radio show this time last year that the Packers weren’t going to re-sign Jennings, and he knows the derogatory comments in his direction are well deserved.

There are more from current Packer players as well, that are not so well known to the media.

81. theytukrjobs says: Aug 15, 2013 5:01 PM

Rodgers has thin skin. Jennings is just trying to get to him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rodgers needs to man up and stop taking these things so seriously and personal.

82. cobaltdriver says: Aug 15, 2013 5:03 PM

Who the f? Is Erin and Sharon anyway? Are we talking Erin Moran from Happy Days and Sharon Stone? I am sure either of those two can bounce pass better than Christine

83. sandblastermoron says: Aug 15, 2013 5:07 PM

and the circus continues!!!!!!

who is gonna be the first troll to bring up the “fake stock” issue going on???

oppps, I guess it was me!!! BOOOOYAAAAH!!

84. FlashPatterson says: Aug 15, 2013 5:13 PM

Apparently not, that was like a month ago and you’re still talking about it.

85. CKL says: Aug 15, 2013 5:14 PM

Driver wanted to continue playing for thePackers but they didn’t agree so he retired. They let Jennings leave as a FA. Anyone think either of those might not be a coincidence? Meaning they weren’t the best for the team dynamic among other reasons?

I’m not saying AR isn’t sort of a jerk because he definitely comes off that way at times. But he’s so skilled that any WR would benefit from playing with him. And they do. These complaints by Jennings and Driver sound pretty lame.

86. thepvyharvin says: Aug 15, 2013 5:16 PM

Ryan Braun washed him. And he liked it….

87. isit5pmyet says: Aug 15, 2013 5:23 PM

Jenning’s criticisms make no sense. They brainwash people in GB? How?..by telling them they work for a great organization and encouraging them to continue the tradition they have tried to build? Welcome to every workplace in America.

Rodger’s #1 leadership requirement is too keep everyone accountable on offense… that is the mark of a great QB (Manning, Brady, Brees… they all get that) Some QB have that personality where it comes easy and people are willing to fall in line. Some, like Rodgers, understands that role but may be a little rough around the edges. If he has to tippy toe around grown men and worry about their feelings, then you are quite franly asking too much of him.

In any case, Rodgers’ Elite QB skills aren’t in question and as a football fan, that is what I am interested in the most.

88. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:26 PM

Perhaps Viking fans are carrying some baggage around over their humiliating playoff loss to Rodgers and the Packer.

89. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:33 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 5:26 PM

——————————————————I’m no Vikings fan, and I think Rodgers is a doooosh. He’s not there for his teammates. Like Favre or not, you don’t hear his former teammates taking shots at him, except the ones still with GB.

Go Bears!

90. oldsombrero says: Aug 15, 2013 5:33 PM

So what youre saying Don, if Rodgers doesnt take the blame for your dumb @ss running the wrong route and makes you be accountable he isnt a good leader?? Take some responsibility for yourself.

91. rikker12 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:34 PM

Norseman says:

They both looked at each other and basically said, ‘WTF was that?’

_________________________

Thank god all these make believe comments aren’t real… One day you’ll all grow up or maybe get in touch with reality and realize that there is nothing to this story and the only people making something out of nothing, is the media, who add fuel to these types of stories and then get Viking fans riled up!! CMON VIKING FANS, THROW SOME MORE BS OUR WAY….. Cause we know you have alot of it!

92. golforepar says: Aug 15, 2013 5:35 PM

Hey keep on dissing Rodgers may be this will help motivate him to get his 2nd SB MVP!!

93. rikker12 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:37 PM

Ponder a leader? Cutler a leader? Rodgers a leader?….. Mmmm, this is a tough one…….Wait, wait, give me a minute…….Mmmmm, ……I’ll take Rodgers..

94. purpleguy says: Aug 15, 2013 5:41 PM

Lets face facts here, would you rather have an ego-maniac that’s a great QB or a nice guy that sucks as a QB? I bet even Jennings and Driver would take the former.

95. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:45 PM

rikker12 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 5:34 PM

—————————————————————-

What is hilarious is that Packers fans think only Vikings fans despise Green Bay and ridicule you….

96. respectgsh says: Aug 15, 2013 5:46 PM

Not sure why anyone is denying this guy is a d-bag, that was clear with that classless idiotic belt antic he pulled before they won anything. Unfornutalety, the guy is the best qb in the league. Favre was a bigger jerk and a worse qb (although still a great one) and everyone loved him long after it was apparent that he was a tool. BTW these guys probably kept quiet so as to keep the team rolling smoothly.

97. mp4pack says: Aug 15, 2013 5:52 PM

It’s more than a little pathetic when grown men making millions of dollars to play a game take to whining about how another grown man on the team isn’t “leading” them right. Put your big boy pants on and lead yourself, bro.

98. fredsingleton says: Aug 15, 2013 5:52 PM

rikker12 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 5:37 PM

_____________________

Stafford is actually a cool guy. I’d take his character over any other NFC North QB. Plus he’s not a tool like Rodgers or Cutler. Ponder just sucks LOL

99. nard100 says: Aug 15, 2013 5:53 PM

What Jennings is mad about is how most of the time in the post season, he did not show up and now it’s Rodgers job to make his post-season failures look like what, not… so… bad? I’m a giants fan and I got a first row seat to couple of pretty nice post season beat-downs. That being said, it was obvious who was expected to show up but didn’t. Greg Jennings. How exactly is Aaron Rodgers supposed to sugar coat absolutely embarrassing drops? The reason his in’t there anymore has nothing to do with Rodgers and everything to do with coming up small in the playoffs. Period.

100. stevejjones says: Aug 15, 2013 5:59 PM

Criminologists talk about the super predators. A generation of men growing up without fathers, no one to teach them how to be men. From the streets of our cities, to the fields of the NFL, to the Oval Office there IS a whole generation of men who think nothing is their fault. Diva WRs who don’t like The Man telling them they ran the wrong direction. Give me a break.

101. 7ransponder says: Aug 15, 2013 6:01 PM

mp4pack says:
    Aug 15, 2013 5:52 PM

——————————–

Careful, when you say this you are actually saying it about Driver too. Now what?

102. mp4pack says: Aug 15, 2013 6:03 PM

I take what Driver say far more seriously than Jennings, but I can in no way agree with his reasoning here. It’s a quarterback’s job as a leader to “take pressure off” a receiver by taking responsibility for the receiver’s mistakes? Why? Because receivers are just under so much pressure while quarterbacks aren’t? Seriously?

103. thepvyharvin says: Aug 15, 2013 6:05 PM

filthymcnasty1 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 5:26 PM
    ====================================
    No …we just laugh at you as does the world. I was in Tibet and seen a Monk with a Packers Suck robe. Saw Thai Ladyboys doing their hair to a Clay Matthews photo. If the Earth were human, enemas would be given in Green Bay…

104. rikker12 says: Aug 15, 2013 6:06 PM

danoj14 says:

—————————————————————-

______________________

I’m sorry buddy, I just assumed they where all Viking fans, just by the uneducated comments… But I guess every team has to have few of them!!

105. hawkforlife says: Aug 15, 2013 6:07 PM

Am I the only one sick of athletes with chips on their shoulders? 24th pick, wow, how terrible.

Team x rated number 2, crap we just got disrespected, I got a chip on my shoulder.

Not voted to the hall of fame 1st year in the league, I got a chip on my shoulder.

What’s worse they all say the same thing, “I’ll play harder because of it.”

I thought they were supposed to give 100% as it is. Guess I’m old fashioned but enough already. Play the damn game and shut up!

106. byzr says: Aug 15, 2013 6:09 PM

wideouts are the divas of the league and it’s always someone else’s fault. Driver is one of the last people i’d of expected to hear say something like this though.

107. cmdrsmooth says: Aug 15, 2013 6:10 PM

Aaron is an A-H@le. Should be man enough to speak to his former teammate before making his assumption .

Poor leader.

108. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 6:10 PM

I suspect were seeing Viking fans lashing out more than usual today because of their stadium issue. They’re feeling especially vulnerable over losing that hapless, tasteless team again.

109. hatesycophants says: Aug 15, 2013 6:14 PM

What the hell was that last paragraph about? What “results” over the last few weeks? Wtf?

110. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 6:16 PM

rikker12 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 6:06 PM

—————————————————–

Here’s a hint: next time you call a group of people uneducated, check your spelling first. Not sure what ” I just assumed they where all Viking fans” means.
    And why do so many people from WI move to MN but not vice versa?
    Food for thought…

111. stellarperformance says: Aug 15, 2013 6:24 PM

I know exactly where Aaron is coming from. It’s kind of like the negative comments and insults which emanate continuously from the Viking fan base……they wash over us too and have no effect. They’re easy to ignore and are certainly more indicative of their own shortcomings than any imagined or forced-fed perceptions and opinions of us. I get it Aaron……two thumbs up.

112. beerbratscheese says: Aug 15, 2013 6:32 PM

I honestly don’t get this. In NO OTHER job is one person ever expected to take the blame for another persons’ mistakes (maybe politics??).

Most of the time WRs know they ran the wrong route and they come back to the huddle pointing to themselves. Other times the QB points to himself indicating he missed an opportunity.

The only thing I would blame Rodgers for would be if he publicly called out a WR for messing up either at the post-game presser or later in the week; and I don’t believe he’s EVER done that.

I’m fine with whatever gets aired out behind closed doors, as long as there is justification for what’s being said. I don’t care who you are or what team you play for.

113. bfrsd says: Aug 15, 2013 6:38 PM

Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 4:20 PM

“You Favre fanatics are the worst.”

—————————————
    My little nugget:
    Not saying this is good or bad one way or the other, but I’ve seen a real correlation with those who love Favre being politically and socially liberal in Milwaukee where I’m from. There are a handful of guys I know who would die to be friends with Favre and every single one of them is an outspoken liberal. It’s a weird correlation and your post adds to that.

114. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 15, 2013 6:41 PM

I’m just amazed that so many bandwagon Vikes fans can actually read and type…unless… Does your asylum have dictation software?

Every time I deuce I lose more knowledge than Vikings fans will ever have.

115. danoj14 says: Aug 15, 2013 6:52 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 15, 2013 6:41 PM

Every time I deuce I lose more knowledge than Vikings fans will ever have.

———————————————————

Hey everyone! A Packer fan just made a funny! An original one too!
    C’mon tokyosandblaster, tell the truth. Where’d you steal those from? No way you thought up those gems on your own.
    This is why all other states make fun of people from Wisconsin. Even people in Iowa make fun of you. Iowa…

116. rikker12 says: Aug 15, 2013 6:55 PM

danoj14 says:
    And why do so many people from WI move to MN but not vice versa?
    Food for thought…

___________________________
    Your kidding right? You don’t know what assumed means? It means – “To take for granted or without proof”…… Nothing wrong with my spelling, unless you people from Minnesota have a different english dictionary? By the way I live 2,000 miles from MN. and have no desire to move or visit there…But when I do visit WI. I do see alot oof MN plates, and also meet people originally from MN.

117. hatesycophants says: Aug 15, 2013 6:59 PM

Ahhhhahaha… Hilarious! Packers fans are a hoot. They are just as “sensitive” as their current QB, but with fewer teeth and IQ points.

Guess what, Packers fans. It’s not about you!

118. stellarperformance says: Aug 15, 2013 7:02 PM

rikker12 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 6:55 PM
    ////////////////////////////////////

Were vs where.

119. jonny42671 says: Aug 15, 2013 7:06 PM

Sharon Fraudgers.

120. wafflestomp says: Aug 15, 2013 7:06 PM

There is a saying in Green Bay that comes directly from Mike McCarthy, “Availability and Accountability”.

Since when are wide receivers held to a different standard than their teammates? Why are they not held accountable for their mistakes on the field? And why should someone else take the blame for them?

I have rarely seen Rodgers chastise them publicly.
    I believe most of it has been held in-house.
    Unlike Peyton Manning, who constantly does it on the field, and in fact, he’s praised for being the ultimate leader because of it. (And I tend to agree!)
    These are grown men, professionals, I think they should be able to handle it.

I have always had fond memories of both Jennings and Driver playing for my team, and will continue to do so.
    But, when they talk about the thin skins of wide receivers in this league, it’s obvious even the Packers weren’t immune of this either.

Wide Receivers = Divas!

121. granadafan says: Aug 15, 2013 7:10 PM

Jennings bitter ex-girlfriend comments don’t bother Rodgers because he knows Jennings will soon be “catching” passes from Christina. Plus, after the hell Rodgers went through with the biggest egomaniac on the planet and Wisconsin77’s idol, Brett Favre, Jennings is nothing. Favre treated Rodgers like dirt from the day Rodgers arrived in Green Bay until he left. No amount of revisionist history by Wisconsin77 can change that fact.

122. kingpel says: Aug 15, 2013 7:12 PM

It is easy to criticize your QB when the only guys who have thrown you a ball in your career was Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Talk about spoiled. They don’t realize how good they had it. Maybe they should take their own advice and realize that Rodgers helped put them where they are as well. It works both ways. I can only imagine how Jennings and Driver would react if Rodgers was the one going to the press every other week and talking about why they are not better than Cobb or Nelson.

123. Wisconsin77 says: Aug 15, 2013 7:22 PM

theytukrjobs says: Aug 15, 2013 5:01 PM

You ever see the 60 Minutes piece on Rodgers where a fan innocently said to him that he was shorter then he thought he would be. Rodgers ripped into that poor fan, and I think we all saw the real AR come out.

124. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 7:53 PM

It’s funny when Viking fans lash out in anger.

125. repojam says: Aug 15, 2013 7:56 PM

Wait, wait, wait… what?

Is Donald Driver saying that if someone said “Hey Driver, you ran the wrong route!” that Aaron Rodgers should step up and say “Oh that’s not his fault, that’s my fault that he ran the wrong route.”?

I remember all of the mention of diva attitude from wide receivers being commonplace, but to suggest that without laughing at the end of really makes me tilt my head and say “Huh?”.

126. stellarperformance says: Aug 15, 2013 8:05 PM

deltaoracle says:
    Aug 15, 2013 3:47 PM
    I thought Erin played for the Vikings. For Leslie.
    ////////////////////////////////////////////

He does. But a lot of Viking “fans” like to give grown men feminine sounding names. It legitimizes their Fathead posters on the walls of their bedrooms.

127. gbpakrfan says: Aug 15, 2013 8:07 PM

Donald…get your head out of Jenning’s ass already! You 2 clowns need to be the first gay NFL players to come out of the closet….nuff said

128. florioleadswitnesses says: Aug 15, 2013 8:10 PM

Has there ever been a quarterback that took the blame for a receiver’s mistake?

I remember Peyton Manning complaining about “protection issues” after a playoff loss. And how about after Peyton’s last minute interception is the Superbowl against the Saints. He ran straight to Reggie Wayne to make sure the world knew it wasn’t his fault.

129. clemenza58 says: Aug 15, 2013 8:13 PM

Rodgers is a great quarterback and a tough player but he’s emotionally soft and doesn’t like any criticism. Jennings is definitely trying to get into his head. In time, we’ll see if it works.

130. clemenza58 says: Aug 15, 2013 8:15 PM

And just like his predecessor, Rodgers is a diva.

131. shutupbrees says: Aug 15, 2013 8:23 PM

A leader elevates everyones performance, not covers for jackasses.

132. mnmarine0351 says: Aug 15, 2013 8:32 PM

Almost seemed like driver had no idea what he was trying to say. Jennings gave honest answers to questions that were then cherry picked for headlines. Nothing new, and neither are the boring comments from packer fans

133. clayshair says: Aug 15, 2013 8:51 PM

So glad these divas are off the team and out of the locker room. Have to believe chemistry is better without who get mad when others don’t take the blame for their mistakes. Not to mention the lack of productivity the last 2 years.

134. stellarperformance says: Aug 15, 2013 9:02 PM

Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    Aug 15, 2013 4:26 PM

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

What problem?

135. getadealdonealready says: Aug 15, 2013 9:19 PM

@gbpakrfan stay classy!

136. axespray says: Aug 15, 2013 9:25 PM

Anyone remember Dan Fouts on NFL Films or Dan Marino ?

Those dudes were BRUTAL to their receivers – it was nearly a Bill Burr/Patrice O’Neal Comedy routine with all the verbal boxing hooks thrown at those receivers.

If Jennings/etc. (probably Finley) can’t handle an All Pro QB getting in their face for f’n up a route or dropping a dozen passes in the superbowl and giants game – then … idk – darn sissy receivers – smh.

137. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 9:25 PM

Is it me, or do Viking fans seem especially agitated since the formal investigation into Zygi’s background was announced?

138. axespray says: Aug 15, 2013 9:28 PM

clemenza58 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 8:15 PM
    “And just like his predecessor, Rodgers is a diva.”
    ————————-

139. cobaltdriver says: Aug 15, 2013 9:53 PM

It is hilarious that Viking fans think everyone hates the Packers..yeh.from a Bear fan perspective..they r our rivals but we RESPECT them..u Viking fans troll EVERY SINGLE Packer blog..80% of the comments r from Viking fans..and the whole NFL world can tell because the comments are so hateful,childish,pathetic and know NOTHING about the NFL and its history,….and Wisconsin77… You need to find a man..and quick!

140. richndc says: Aug 15, 2013 10:05 PM

‘taking shots at me’ comments that ‘wash over me’??? sounds to me like SOMEBODY have never quite moved on from the Brett Favre led locker room Bukkake days. s’cool Rodgers, just wipe your face and move on….harder with a beard I know bro

141. richndc says: Aug 15, 2013 10:06 PM

badda bing!!! badda boom!!! Florio!!! When are you gonna hire this richndc guy!! he is blogger gold!!!

142. philtration says: Aug 15, 2013 10:22 PM

But you sure got your panties in a bunch when someone spoke the truth about your “friend” Ryan Braun right Erin?

143. dragonfly99 says: Aug 15, 2013 10:25 PM

Continue to take the high road Aaron and focus on the game on the field.

144. tritz32 says: Aug 15, 2013 10:43 PM

This is fantastic. I love all these Rodgers bashers. The only problem is everyone single one of you bashers who don’t have a QB named Brady or Brees (and that could even be a stretch) would take him leading your team for the next 6-7 years…

Ahhhhh, I love being a Packers fan. Nothing like 25+ straight years of being a playoff contending team! You jealous, bro? GO PACK GO!

145. jimmysee says: Aug 15, 2013 11:00 PM

Obviously, the reason it washes over Rodgers is he’s been brainwashed.

(Right, Gregg?!)

146. icornholedmcnastysmom says: Aug 15, 2013 11:05 PM

Aaron Rogers is one of the best Quarterbacks to ever play the game. Unfortunately he will be busy running for his life all season long. They will split the division at best.

147. mtavin says: Aug 15, 2013 11:19 PM

Players absolutely know what Driver is talking about. Joe Montana even wrote a book about it (“The Art & Magic of Quarterbacking”).

Too bad most fans don’t. Good thing Rodgers got his trophy early else he’d be competing with Rich Gannon for Despicable Me Too: adored by fans & media, reviled by peers & players.

148. thefiesty1 says: Aug 15, 2013 11:24 PM

Rodgers > Jennings any day anytime.

149. pauliepennino says: Aug 15, 2013 11:30 PM

A career passer rating north of 104, single-digit ints 4 of the last 5 yrs (he had 11 in 2010 but got a ring) and averaging 34 tds over that time…and wins in 8 of 11 starts vs the Vikings. Scoreboard beats juvenile taunts ever time. Skol.

150. Bluestree says: Aug 15, 2013 11:39 PM

It was obvious that Jennings was butt hurt over getting kicked to the curb (or maybe the gutter, since he’s in Minny), but Driver kind of surprises me. However James Jones told the media Driver still felt like he could play, and true to form, the Packers did not call.
    It’s hard for these guys to adjust to no longer being wanted after spending so many years with a team. Players are fond of pointing out that “It’s a business.” until they are the ones on the receiving end of “the business”.
    You can say all you want about leadership, talking smack about the guys you went to war with when you are out of the locker room is classless.

151. shaggytoodle says: Aug 15, 2013 11:58 PM

Sorry if WRs feel bad, but its an in game adjustment. Someone runs the wrong route, let them know, if they don’t get it right next time it might be an INT.

How can these guys blame him for trying to run the offense the way it is meant to.

152. squared80 says: Aug 16, 2013 12:14 AM

Did he bet his 2014 salary on it not bothering him?

In all seriousness, I like the fact that Jennings is being candid. The media are such hypocrites. They complain about athletes using cliches and being dry, but when they ASK for an athletes opinion of something and he’s honest about it, they jump down his throat.

153. dkrause71 says: Aug 16, 2013 12:58 AM

Sensitive, Not Sensitive. Frankly, i don’t know, nor care. If Rodgers defended himself today, you guys would say “see he is sensitive”. He says its washes over him “see he is sensitive.”

I do know when that guy is on the football field, he doesn’t get rattled. He rarely makes a bad throw, much less gets picked. He is in total control out there. He has an MVP, he has a super bowl win. He weathered the storm of Hurricane Favre and didn’t crumble like many that followed a legend has done in the past.

So if A-Rod get miffed easily off the field, i don’t care in the least. If arguably the best QB in the league has an ego as big as Wisconsin, i am good with it but can we at least show the proper respect to spell peoples name correctly?

BTW Favre threw people under the bus left and right- Javon Walker wants to hold out. Public call out, gets hurt and doesn’t get jack. Favre holds his breath wanting Randy Moss. MM and TT under the Bus. Mike Sherman was Favre’s doormat. Chmura, welcome to the bus and on and on and on. This isn’t even mentioning how classy Favre was post GB. Calling the Lions to give them advice of how to beat GB. Publicly wanting the Bears to beat GB and how Minnesota was the best team he ever played on. I loved watching Favre play QB most the time but lets not act like he was a pleasure to play with.

154. nflmadnness says: Aug 16, 2013 1:19 AM

Arron Rogers , is a toothpick neck.He is too mouthy… Go Promo…

155. All-American Voltron says: Aug 16, 2013 10:02 AM

So Donald Driver basically expressed the same sentiment? Can we stop attacking Greg Jennings for being “delusional” or “bitter”? Sounds like they’re speaking the truth.

156. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 16, 2013 1:14 PM

It’s starting to look to me like Rodgers is a lock for the Hall of Fame. The Packers QB situation has been an embarrassment of riches for over 2 decades.

157. cobaltdriver says: Aug 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Guess what, Packers fans. It’s not about you!

On the contrary I think it is, the hits you Cryking fans keep putting on the Packer blogs…

158. cobaltdriver says: Aug 16, 2013 5:35 PM

Because you do..how many hits on a Packer blog are from Viking fans ? Answer= Most

159. danoj14 says: Aug 16, 2013 5:45 PM

cobaltdriver says:
    Aug 16, 2013 5:35 PM

————————————————————————–

That’s great. I’m not a Vikes fan, I’m a Bears fan (strike 1). I don’t go on Packers blogs (strike 2). And even people from Iowa make fun of Wisconsin. You’re out.

160. cobaltdriver says: Aug 16, 2013 5:56 PM

either that or a girl….because that is pathetic to have a gown ADULT male act so pathetic over someone who played a GAME

161. cobaltdriver says: Aug 16, 2013 6:05 PM

And even people from Iowa make fun of Wisconsin. You’re out.

Boom..I am a Bears fan too…Boom..you ARE on a Packers blog right now..and what’s wrong with Iowa?..they are actually a very intelligent state along with Wisconsin, both states,by the way, are NOT teetering on the brink of bankruptcy like ILL-i no place…and both states are fiscally sound …and most Iowa people LOVE Wisconsin..just not the few “Cryking” fans who live there

162. danoj14 says: Aug 16, 2013 6:38 PM

cobaltdriver says:
    Aug 16, 2013 6:05 PM
    And even people from Iowa make fun of Wisconsin. You’re out.

—————————————————-

I’m on a Packers blog right now? Gee, I thought I was on PFT…. Can you explain that one to me?

Why do you think I live in Illinois? I don’t and never said I did.

“most Iowa people LOVE Wisconsin”…Have facts to back that up? The people from Iowa that I know most certainly DO NOT love WI. Mostly because of the silly fans whose only identity is the Badgers or Packers. But I haven’t polled most Iowans so can’t make any claims.

163. jroch512 says: Aug 16, 2013 7:56 PM

Greg Jennings is missing Rodgers tonight. Nice throw Christina…

164. jroch512 says: Aug 16, 2013 9:25 PM

Christian Ponder = Dorf on football. Aaron Rodgers = Future Hall of Famer. Vikings fans can talk all they want but they’d take Rodgers in a heartbeat just like they did Favre regardless of the crap they talked about him. Hypocrisy

165. danoj14 says: Aug 17, 2013 10:19 AM

jroch512 says:
    Aug 16, 2013 7:56 PM
    Greg Jennings is missing Rodgers tonight. Nice throw Christina…

—————————————————–

Not that I care but it is preseason. Once season starts it’s going to be Ponder handing the ball to AP.

166. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 17, 2013 10:26 AM

1 catch for 5 yards?

Good thing they paid Jennings.

167. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 17, 2013 8:07 PM

Christian Ponder wouldn’t make the Packers roster.

168. clemenza58 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:18 PM

axespray says: Aug 15, 2013 9:28 PM

clemenza58 says:
    Aug 15, 2013 8:15 PM

“And just like his predecessor, Rodgers is a diva.”
    ————————-
    “And just like his predecessor, he has a superbowl ring – league mvp – more accomplishments in his life than some keyboard ka-hunt.”
    ————————-

I love how a good number of Packers fans take the criticism of their players personally, as if they are somehow family and always beyond reproach.

Both Favre and Rodgers have accomplished much in their careers. I’m not taking anything away from either. But that doesn’t make them perfect people. The public behavior both have exhibited could be interpreted as “diva-like” by anyone who thinks objectively. Doesn’t mean they are bad players or even bad people. It’s a simple observation given what’s been said and done by both publically. People in the public eye (fairly or unfairly) are under more scrutiny than the average person. That’s the way it goes.

Newsflash for axespray: Favre and Rodgers have both accomplsihed more in their lives than you too. Nice meathead response with the name calling, coming from a person that apparently doesn’t have anything else in life other than the Packers.