Chiefs, 49ers swap disappointing draft picks

AP

The Chiefs were tired of waiting on Jon Baldwin, and the 49ers were tired of waiting on A.J. Jenkins.

So naturally, they traded their problems for one another.

The Chiefs announced the deal of former first-round wide receivers, with the 49ers getting the 26th overall pick in the 2011 Draft for the 30th overall pick in the 2012 Draft.

It was becoming clear that the 49ers were souring on Jenkins of late (he had one catch in the preseason, and fumbled it), and both teams are banking on the fresh start being worth something.

Baldwin was also in the doghouse for his inability to catch the football, which remains one of the prerequisites for his job.

While the new Chiefs administration didn’t draft Baldwin, giving up on Jenkins is a painful admission for the 49ers, and a reminder that in the NFL, smart guys miss too.

142 responses to “Chiefs, 49ers swap disappointing draft picks

1. Jenkins looks like a lost cause, Baldwin might still have something left in the tank if he can get his head together.

Seems like Baldwin was never right in KC after Thomas Jones punched his face in.

2. 9ers win another trade with the chiefs, this time they get a prototypical wide reciever who needs some work for a short dime a dozen reciever who work won’t help.

3. slbasegame257 says:Aug 19, 2013 12:19 PMI’m laughing at the 49ers for that one. GO HAWKS

Somewhere there is a vikings fan laughing at you

4. one has hands of stone and the other has no heart. one of those problems are fixable. Niners win this trade.

5. Both teams front offices will be jumping around high fiving each other until tomorrow’s practice.

6. Love this trade as a 49er fan.

First, it’s huge that the 49ers were willing to move on from a first round pick that clearly wasn’t working out. The days of Alex Smith type players getting chance after chance because of the front offices credibility are clearly over.

Second, I think this is a good trade for both teams. They move a problem guy but get someone in return who, along with a change in scenery, might get in confidence boost and turn a corner.

7. baldwin wasn’t a great fit for andy reid’s offense. good long speed for a big man, but heavy feet and not a sharp route runner, and struggled getting off the jam or in and out of breaks. jenkins is quicker and could be a better fit, but won’t be relied on heavily regardless, and might not even make the final roster.

8. I’m a Die Hard Chiefs Fan and I am SO HAPPY tpo see baldwin Gone. He Sucked SO bad. Couldn;t Catch The Ball or get open. I don;t know anything about AJ Jenkins, but he can;t be any worse than Baldwin was. Good Move.

9. slbasegame257

I’m laughing at the 49ers for that one. GO HAWKS

______________________________________________

soooo…how’s that harvin deal working out?!

10. Both teams should have drafted kenbrell thompkins, aaron dobson, josh boyce or zach sudfeld…those dudes can catch as y’all are about to find out.

11. I’m confused. Wasn’t Jenkins one of Harbaugh’s five No. 1 WRs?

Crabtree’s out.

Who does that leave? Larry, Curly & Moe?

12. Honestly, It is Good to see the Chiefs New GM and Coach moving on form a player who isn;t performing. If Pioli was still here, he would have kept Baldwin on the roster and let him languish in mediocrity. Good Job John and Andy.

13. It’s like two guys from storage wars who found nothing but crap in their units, but each guy liked the other’s crap better….so they swapped.

14. Wow. I was a bit underwhelmed by AJ’s performance last Friday Night, but didn’t see this coming. Hopefully somebody can fix Baldwin’s inability to catch. somebody call up the GOAT and see if he has a lil free time.

On paper it looks as if SF got the better of this one, but only time will tell. Andy Reid loves smaller WRs in space.

15. That Jenkins pick was a head scratcher from the start. It was Harbaugh trying to show everyone he was smarter than them. Their WR depth with a QB who is starting his first full season is a recipe for disaster.

16. Good for Trent baalke! Quickly acknowledging he made a mistake with AJ and getting something for him instead of just cutting him and getting nothing. Baalke has no ego and willingly to take an egg to the face in order to correct the ship. Not a lot of gms will do that

17. IMO Baldwin has more upside here, he’s actually caught a ball, a few times and has size and strength to at least be a blocker downfield. AJ Jenkins is weak as hell and can’t block anybody and CANNOT get off the line. SF is lucky to rid themselves of AJ.

18. Don’t know Jenkins but my 8 year old niece could run better routes than Baldwin. Baldwin was wide open last week, would’ve had a 1st down, but dropped an easy pass. On AS roll out had Baldwin run a decent route would’ve been an easy 1st down. Who am i kidding, he would’ve dropped it. Don’t know if Jenkins is better, but he can’t be worse. Chiefs are better for the move. Another high class pick by failed Pioli. Tyson Jackson, Baldwin, Eric Berry, and Dontari Poe. 1 Probowler, 2 nflers, and a new 49er that might make it one more year.

19. Quote from the other article: “Baldwin has caught just 41 passes over his first two seasons”

How many passes did AJ catch last year and so far this year? 2! and both were fumbled!

If there is any “winner” here seems to me the niners got the better end of this deal.

20. despenc925 says:

soooo…how’s that harvin deal working out?!

________________________________

Well, considering that you’re bringing in Jon Baldwin to help cushion the blow of Crabtree being out….MUCH better than the ‘Niners’ current WR situation.

Seattle’s 4th WR – Jermaine Kearse – would be a better addition to your WR corps than Jon Baldwin.

That is, of course, unless the ‘Niners hold a “beat up your teammate” contest at practice between Baldwin and Ahmad Brooks…that’d be a tough one to call. I give Brooks the edge though, since he’d probably bring a bottle.

21. This is like an old 80s hip hop song.

You got a wide receiver
    With hands you can’t trust
    Now what ya gonna do homie?
    Move a bust

(Many apologies to Young MC)

22. IM LAUGHING AT THAT ONE… GO HAWKS!!
    ——————————————————————–
    Are you laughing about us getting Boldin for a 6th rounder while the Hawks go and give up a 1st rounder and most likely a 2nd next year for a guy who has been off the field just as much as he’s been on… Or that Seattle over spends in free agency every year!!!! I mean come on!!! I remember when Seahawk fans were sold on Charlie Whitehurst!!!! Yea the bum from San Diego!!

23. whoisgregtoler says: Aug 19, 2013 1:00 PM

And everyone is laughing at the Shehawks for the Aaron Curry pick.
    ————————————————————–

Seattle’s entire 2012 draft class invites you to laugh at the Aaron Curry pick then proceeds to openly mock you.

24. I see my last comment hit a nerve big time. In addition the Seahawks are the best team in the league and its not even close. The Hawks also have the best receiving core in the NFC West, a stark contrast to the dumpster fire in San Francisco.

25. C’mon, who didn’t see this coming, Harbaugh getting rid of Jenkins….

The backhanded compliment Harbaugh made about Jenkins performance Friday said it all…”he did OK”

26. my take on this is that at least one person in kc knows Jenkins and that’s the guy who may be throwing him the football alex smith, so maybe the edge goes to kc on this one, the niners have a better draft rep so im guessing aj has the larger upside we shall see

27. My favorite part? Just yesterday, when asked about AJ’s future with the 49ers, Harbaugh said “It’s long-standing.” How do you know when Harbaugh’s lying? When his lips are moving.

28. “Baldwin was also in the doghouse for his inability to catch the football, which remains one of the prerequisites for the job.”

Wow – you can’t get ANYTHING by this guy.

29. Hard to defend AJ Jenkins as a pick by a smart guy. I don’t get that. He did not have a 1st Round grade on him in my book and if an NFL GM gets paid big bucks has a weaker board than the one I can create from my couch, then that’s hardly a sign of intelligence. The 49ers have done an awful job with their drafting lately especially in how poorly they did at maximizing the massive slew of picks they had in this last draft. They totally did not capitalize very well on that set.

30. Last year I knew The Browns needed a receiver. Ours, well, sucked with Little, MoMass – which more often than not was Less-Mas and a bunch of nobodies I wanted a receiver. I had seen and played with Jonathan Baldwin in NCAA and had seen him in a few games @Pitt since former Mentor kicker Kevin Harper wtarted playing there. At 6’4″ 230 and a Biletnikoff winner I thought that he would be a great addition

I was hoping for him to be drafted here but we instead selected Phil Taylor. Taylor has been dominant, and if not for his pec injury in may of last year he could have been Pro-Bowl bound while Baldwin has been…no so much. A pedestrian 41 catches in 2 years for a first round pick and a former Biletnikoff winner winner, but has earned the rep as a nutcase like another Pittsburgh receiver and Biletnikoff winner Antonio Bryant.

Well, he virtually got cut, actually he was just traded from Kansas City to San Fran for their first round bust AJ (are you kidding? Nope I caught as many passes as you reading this did in my rookie year) Jenkins. There are a few times where I know what I am talking about and the pick that I hope the team drafts turns out to be a good/great player. But nobody’s perfect. At leat I am willing to admit it.

31. My God people from Seattle are just unbearable… dumbest fan base in America… I swore that belonged to the Cowboys… Seahawks fans have proven me wrong…

32. It’s not rocket science, folks. There’s no winner or loser in this. Both are losers only in the since they both are hoping in some measure they can glean out of each very disappointing draft pick ‘something’ more than what was gotten out of the other’s pick.

If Baldwin can be a descent #3 receiver though with his big frame against those big corners in Seattle….all the better. Between Boldin, Baldwin and when Crabtree comes back…that’s a big statured receiving corp.

33. @slbasegame….. Seattle is the best team in the league and it isn’t even close???? C’mon now dude. I know what it means to be a fan, but please at least TRY and be objective. While Seattle is talented for sure they also have their own weaknesses. I recall that they don’t travel very well for starters. Looking real forward to week 2.

34. The 49ers with the most ALL PRO PLAYERS and PRO BOWLERS for the past 2 or 3 years. So yes that front office is more than awesome…it’s the benchmark of greatness.

35. Well, now there is no vested interest in the player they now have and each team can drop the player that they acquired in trade. Rather than one they made the wrong choice on when they drafted him.

36. These Seattle fans have to be the most irritating and clueless fans ever. Are they still saying we are the best team in the league (to have never accomplish anything in our history)? WIN FIRST THEN TALK.

37. slbasegame257 says:
    Aug 19, 2013 1:06 PM
    ——————————————————

I hope you’re basing all of that off of….wait for it……..PRE-SEASON! I can hear Allen Iverson somewhere sayin’ “I mean we’re talking pre-season…not the actual season but PRE-season….”

Dude if you think the seahawks aren’t even close to being matched……it’s going to be a very rude awakening when you get pummeled by Carolina…….and then trampled by SF at home to the tune of 240 yards rushing.

38. theuglitruth says: Aug 19, 2013 12:48 PM

“I’ll trade your guy with “hands of stone” for my guy with “hands of stone”.”

In AJ Jenkins’ defense we don’t really know if he has hands of stone. Guy isn’t good enough to sniff the field, and when he does he sure as hell isn’t good enough to get open and have a ball thrown at him.

39. thestrategyexpert says: Aug 19, 2013 1:25 PM

Dood your stop basing your analysis with your yahoo fantasy football rankings…. another guy who thinks he can be a GM.

40. 49erstim says:
    Aug 19, 2013 1:46 PM
    ____________________________________
    I’m a Seahawks fan and I couldn’t agree with you more. I think we have an excellent team but we haven’t proven a thing. We haven’t traveled well. We weren’t in the Super Bowl and you were. We are talented but we do have questions on that offensive line and pass rush. I am looking forward to Week 2, also. It’s our home stomping ground but we’ll be missing Irvin and probably Clemons. Game on!

41. Lighten up 49er fans. As a Hawks fan, it’s what we NFL fans do to each other, trash talk. Geez, didn’t know everyone was so sensitive these days.

As for the trade, stating that SF got over on KC again is a little premature. At the end of cut downs to the 53 man roster, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if both men were hitting the streets. Neither can catch, neither have played well, neither may have a job. Stone hands vs Stone hands = a wash in terms of the trade itself.

Go ahead keep mocking the Harvin trade while your at it also. We still have 5 capable WR’s (Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Kearse, Williams) to your 1 (Boldin). We will get Harvin back at some point, you just traded Rashaun Woods 2.0, and, will never get that 1st back.

Can’t wait for the season to start. Everyone have a injury free and great year.
    Go Hawks!!

42. Seahawk fans are acting like they didnt draft aaron curry! 40 plus years of existence a few division titles and no rings straight garbage franchise who couldnt win in the AFC either. There fans barely existed two years ago on this site I mean be humble till u win one!

43. Where are the guys who kept backing up Jenkins? Dude is a BUST, book it. I dont ever recall a 1st rounder being cut by the team after 1 year. Jenkins must be that pathetic. Baldy has hope now.

44. Navarro Bowman and Colin Kaepernick are looking like the two real “wins” for Baalke. Iupati is pretty solid as well. Aldon Smith is good when Justin Smith is in there, but ghastly when he’s not. I mean, awful.

meanwhile, here’s John Schneider’s pull:

1. Russell Okung – Pro Bowler – compares to 49ers’ Anthony Davis. Edge: Okung. Drafted Higher: OKUNG

2. Earl Thomas – First Team All Pro, compares to 49ers’ pick Taylor Mays. Edge: HAHA! Drafted Higher: THOMAS

3. Richard Sherman – First Team All Pro – compares to 49ers pick Chris Culliver – Edge: LOL! Drafted Higher: CULLIVER

4. Kam Chancellor – First Team All Pro, compares to 49ers pick…ah, what the hell – Taylor Mays. Edge: ROFLMAO. Drafted Higher – MAYS

6. Bobby Wagner – 140 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 INTs as rookie. Compares to – Navarro Bowman – edge: Bowman – but certainly not by a ton. Drafted Higher – WAGNER

7. Bruce Irvin – led all rookies with 8 sacks in 2013. Compares to 49ers pick Aldon Smith – Edge: Smith. Drafted Higher – SMITH

8. JR Sweezy – Drafted as DT who they immediately converted to OG, and is now the team’s starter at RG. Compares to 49ers pick Jason Slowey – Edge: Sweezy. Drafted Higher – SLOWEY

9. Russell Wilson – yeah, not much to explain here. Pro-Bowler, tied rookie record with 26TD passes. Compares to 49ers pick Kaepernick – Edge: So far, Wilson. Drafted Higher – KAEPERNICK

10: Robert Turbin – 354 yards rushing (4.4 avg) and 19 receptions as a rookie. Compares to 49ers pick, LaMichael James. Edge: Turbin. Drafted Higher – JAMES

11. UDFA Doug Baldwin – 80/1154 and 7 over two seasons. Compares to: Kyle Williams (6th rnd pick ’11) – 35, 461 and 4 over 2 seasons. Edge: Baldwin by quite a ways. Drafted Higher/Drafted AT ALL: WILLIAMS

12. Golden Tate – 101, 1297 and 10 over 3 seasons 22, 227 and 0 after 1st season). Compares to 49ers’ AJ Jenkins – 0/0/and 0 after one season. Edge: Tate. Drafted Higher: JENKINS

SEA Acquired are revived careers of:
    1. Chris Clemons – 3 straight seasons of 11+ sacks.
    2. Brandon Browner – Pro Bowl cornerback who came from CANADA
    3. Marshawn Lynch – last year’s 3rd leading rusher after several unimpressive years in Buffalo

How you say…..”‘Nuff said!”?

45. Love all the 9er fan comments acting like they won this trade. Before you start spouting about how much better Baldwin is, repeat these words “Baldwin…can’t…catch.”

46. Will two wrongs make a right?? eh. Still, by swapping bad for bad, neither team risked anything. However, both may be cut by before mid-season at the latest. That is, unless the new surroundings help these two guys out.

47. mrsmell says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:17 PM

—————————-
    THANK YOU!!!!! I mean, I know right?!

Dudes coming out left and right saying “mark my words this is another Crabtree situation” or “it takes 2-3 years for a WR to develop” or “they just need to give him more reps!” It was absolute nonsense that I’m ashamed my fan base was peddling …yes, 98% of you were, too!

This kid showed every sign that he was a complete bust once he was replaced by Chad Hall in the NFCCG.

48. dstep24 says: Aug 19, 2013 2:22 PM

meanwhile, here’s John Schneider’s pull:

BLAH BLAH BLAH….42-13. best team in the league. blah blah blah. suspended for Adderall.
    ________

Meanwhile, you guys still have nothing to show for it. You guys didn’t win the division and then lose to the Falcons. 49ers at least make it to the Superbowl

‘NUFF SAID.

49. So for the past year-plus, Niners fans have attacked anyone who claimed Jenkins was a bust. Before today, he was just fine, and clearly developing into the next great Niners receiver…….

But today they all say…..WOO!!!! NINERS WIN THIS TRADE!!!!!

Gotta love hypocrisy.

50. 49ermbr:

I don’t play fantasy football and don’t use fantasy rankings. I create my own boards, so it’s all custom based upon my viewpoints and I consistently outperform all of the so-called “experts”. I know how to avoid the busts and find the low hanging fruit in the later rounds better than the competition. And beyond just picking players I think I can offer a lot of improvement in other aspects of the game, so yeah I definitely would be a tremendous GM for a team that wants a great one.

51. 49ermbr says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:41 PM

‘NUFF SAID.

____________________

Keep panning if it makes you feel better. This discussion was about personnel decisions and player evaluation. Not wins/Super Bowls – whereby your most valuable guys – particularly on defense (Gore, Crabtree, Willis, J.Smith) – were grandfathered in from prior front office.

If we’re talking long-haul projections for Super Bowls and Championships, I’m more interested in the team who knows how to evaluate players.

And getting to the Super Bowl is great. Seattle did that back in ’05. Ask me who talks about it or even cares now. mmmmm hmmmm…..zzzzaaaaactly.

I’ll grant you that you do have a one-of-a-kind QB though…a guy with less than a year of starting experience kissing himself…now that’s rare.

52. jcbadger34 says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:43 PM

But today they all say…..WOO!!!! NINERS WIN THIS TRADE!!!!!

Gotta love hypocrisy.

———————————

Only 98% of them…..of which I was not. I’ve been lambasting this guy for 6 months and taking it on the chin from my co-fans as well. To say “I told you so” feels good right now….well….yeah….lol. I’m ashamed that so many of my fellow ‘9ers fans couldn’t see just how bad this guy was. The evidence whether his play, coach talk and other factors were too overwhelming to miss. Yet..nearly all of them did. SMH.

53. mistakenny says: Aug 19, 2013 2:53 PM

Can anyone and I do mean ANYONE tell me what the seahawks have done outside of drugs and talkin sht ??ill let you go back 20 years and go….

——–

They killed the 49ers at home 42-13 baby in a regular season game last year!!! I think this is their biggest accomplishment to date from what I’ve been hearing this whole offseason. Other than that they drafted Mark McGwire’s younger brother, Dan McGwire.

54. dstep24 says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:22 PM

—————————-

Again, I reiterate………….**37** years!!!!

So, until then….put all the great players and stats up you want…..your team is still languishing with the Bengals, Cardinals, Bills, Panthers, Jaguars, Vikings AND the Lions. Not exactly stellar company!

55. It sucks when you whiff on a high pick – that’s all there is to it. The silver lining here is at least the GM can admit the mistake early and stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Keeping Jenkins around out of spite doesn’t do the team any favors. The receiver situation is far from ideal, though there’s no sense in cutting viable players in lieu of keeping someone who lacks the desire to play at a high level.

Give me a banged up Austin Collie over an undersized, scared Jenkins any day of the week.

People need to understand the rationale of picking Jenkins in 2012. A team coming fresh off a NFCCG loss with a gaping hole at WR. With Crabtree as their #1, a newly acquired Manningham @ #2, Kyle Williams (goat of the NFCCG loss) battling Alligator Arms Ginn for the 3rd spot; Jenkins was seemed worth the reach – yes reach – of drafting a fast receiver as a project with lots of potential. Afterall – the draft is all about potential as it translates to the field.

Now obviously Jenkins couldn’t crack the starting lineup. Despite his lack of production – the team reaches the super bowl, just falling short of winning it. Clearly the niners drafted him with the hope of him realizing his potential. That’s the luxery they had at that time. Now, with injuries depleating everyone including the water boy, they NEED him to step up and for whatever reason – it still hasn’t clicked for him.

Cut the losses, and move on. The niners can no longer afford to keep him when there are other’s more deserving of a roster spot. Last year’s luxury has now become a necessity.

When drafted, he was approached by the great Jerry Rice; who offered taking the rookie under his wing and training him for the season. Jenkins didn’t even bother to take up the offer. What does that tell you about where his heart’s at?

56. It will make both easier to cut
    Probably both will be cut

Too bad
    I hope Jenkins gets it together eventually

57. Darin Gantt and anyone else who is considering either of these players to be disappointing, can we take a second, and remember that these players have played one (Jenkins) or two (Baldwin) seasons respectively. Baldwin is a big guy who has some decent speed. Yes, he needs to improve his catching, but two years is not a lot of time to grow into one of the most difficult positions to transition from college to pros due to the added responsibility of reading coverages. This skill is introduced to only some collegiate receivers, but not all, and gets much more difficult at the NFL level. Why are we even talking about A.J. Jenkins? He “played” one season, sparingly, at a position that was log-jammed. This trade does not have to be because there was any great level of disappointment. Maybe, this swap is because the Chiefs need a quicker number two, and the 49ers want more size at their wide receiver position. Players should be given three to four years before judgments. Players should get four years to prove to colleges they should get a scholarship. Players are given three to four years to prove to NFL teams they are worth developing. So, I give them three to four years before I make my judgement.

58. 49ermbr says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:41 PM

‘NUFF SAID.

____________________

——-

Let me get this straight, you troll into an obvious Niner news article that had nothing to do with SEA and spout out your biased analysis to compare players draft classes (with a sample size of about 3-4 yrs at the most). Who cares what you think!! Every team makes good and wise choices, its who wins at the end of the day.

59. drez707 says:
    Aug 19, 2013 12:34 PM
    ——————————————-

I think the 49ers wre afraid that if they cut Jenkins the Seahawks would pick him up

Maybe the Chiefs will keep him for a year

60. I’m one of the guys that defended AJ. I still think it is unfair to label a guy a bust after one season. I support the trade though. It had become obvious recently that he lacked the “it” factor to be an NFL WR. It takes more than talent.

61. Funny that 9er fans think they got the better receiver. Baldwin was horrible at running routes and couldn’t get separation when the cb played press. Oh and when we was FINALLY open he couldn’t catch the ball. I wouldn’t be surprised if both Baldwin and Jenkins didn’t make the 53 man roster.

62. Both picks had me scratching my head when they were made. Each one was made at least two rounds earlier than I had expected the players to go. Not at all surprised these teams have given up on these guys. However, I don’t think a change of scenery will help either one.

63. Reading the insecurities and typical inflated self worth of Seagals fans is always more entertaining than the actual article.

64. Why not just cut them both? They both can’t run routes or catch. Both were reaches lol
    ——————————————-

Maybe the Chiefs will keep him for a year

Why would the seahawks want the Niners trash? We are set at wide receiver because our GM can actually draft. Don’t have to rely on a washed up Randy Moss or making cheap trades with my coaches brother for another washed up WR.

65. Sportnorcal,

How is it an insecurity knowing that we are the better and deeper team?

Go ahead, keep thinking you’re better now cause you won super bowls over 15 years ago…

Niner fans are hilarious because a couple years ago they would never talk and hated their own team because they’re fairweather fans. Now all of a sudden they have a little two year run that’s about to stop and they think they’re kings of the world. Worst sports fans hands down. Smh

66. swaggyy says: Aug 19, 2013 4:19 PM

Sportnorcal,

How is it an insecurity knowing that we are the better and deeper team?

———
    SEA fans are the ones who think their team is all that and more (look at your post).

“How is it an insecurity knowing that we are the better and deeper team? … Now all of a sudden they have a little two year run that’s about to stop and they think they’re kings of the world. ”

God….that just shows how dumb a fanbase can be when you contradict your own statement in one post.

YET you still have not won anything to backup that claim. Get out of here with your 12-yearold post.

67. jcbadger34 says:
    Aug 19, 2013 2:43 PM

But today they all say…..WOO!!!! NINERS WIN THIS TRADE!!!!!

Gotta love hypocrisy.
    ——————————————-
    Nothing could be further from the truth. Probably 95% of 49er fans have been impatiently waiting for him to produce and he hasn’t and many also questioned his pick from the beginning.

Gotta love inaccuracy.

68. swaggyy
    Aug 19, 2013, 1:19 PM PDT
    Sportnorcal,

How is it an insecurity knowing that we are the better and deeper team?

——————————————————–
    Really? I read comments from fans of other teams stating how irritating, arrogant, and downright pathetic the Seahawk fanbase is. You pathetic scrubs hold on to a regular season win as your benchmark for success.

The Niners have won the division 2 years in a row and you all have absolutely no respect for them. Just a bunch of perennial losers.

While we may talk of past championships and our recent success, what do you have? Nothing. Get lost.

69. Seriously, dude. You start bragging once your Moses-in-the-Wildness sojourn of 37 years of no titles of significance comes to an end.

Again, I reiterate………….**37** years!!!!

********************************

70. ratsfoiledagain – “I don’t have a dog in this fight, but a quick look shows it took the 9ers 35 years before they won a SB. The Steelers took 39 years. If Seattle were to win it this year, they’d be right on target with the 9ers and Steelers.”

71. “Trent Baalke and Jim Harbaugh are geniuses” — Sincerely, Doug Baldwin, Richard Sherman and AJ Jenkins

72. Love the fact some of the morons are comparing the 49ers talent to the Seahawks giving the Seahawks an edge in almost every category. Wilson over Kap even though Kap was in the Super Bowl and Wilson watched on TV. I guess it just comes down to coaching and obviously heads up Harbaugh has abused Carroll from college to the NFL.

Harbaugh compares to Carroll – Edge Harbaugh – Has kicked Carrolls butt numerous times. Carroll one win in the series. Harbaugh 2 division championships in 2 years and a Super Bowl appearance. Carroll one division championship in I don’t know how many years. Won the division with a stellar 7-9 record.

Nuff said!!!

73. A lot of folks here are saying it’s a goof thing that Balke admitted his mistake and moved on. Question though: why was this mistake made in the first place. Literally NO ONE thought that Jenkins was 1st round material, yet he was drafted anyway? Why?

Looks like the 49ers believe their own press. That’s a dangerous way to be.

74. wait…did i just see a seahawk fan try to justify 30 some years without a championship? lol what next? justifying a retirement of the number 12 jersey because of the empty wall space? go back to the AFC so we can play in the superbowl and show you what both of these teams are about.

75. The irony. It’s the ultimate punishment for lack of doing well for one of them, and the ultimate reward for not doing well for the other one, going to a bona fide SB favorite.

76. sugarray1:
    sugarray1 says: Aug 19, 2013 5:10 PM

sugarray1: “The first Super Bowl was in 1965 I think. The Niners won the Super Bowl in 1981. Looks like 16 years to me.”
    ************************
    you got me on that. My fault for not separating SB with NFL championships of the earlier years. It still took both teams listed a long time to win title (SB/NFL championship). 35 & 39 years respectively.

77. briank1ne says: Aug 19, 2013 5:30 PM

**********************
    read my original post. I said I dont’ have a dog in this fight. I’m a Texans fan. Maybe you should take up better reading habits.

78. I can’t believe nobody see’s the big picture. They are both bums! The only difference between the two is Jenkins contract is guaranteed next year. The niners can cut Baldwin next year and save a million. Jenkins was never going to be better than the 4th or 5th wr on the niners. They do say that it normally takes 3yrs for a wr to get the grasp of the NFL, but 0 catches in yr 1 isn’t a good sign. I doubt Baldwin is better than the 4/5 wr on the niners, but he is less of a risk because his contract isn’t guaranteed.

79. As a Chiefs fan all I can say is good luck with a guy that can’t catch a football. 9er fan thinks they won the lotto here, and all they won was a big lumbering lazy dude thats too stupid for his own good.

To the seachicken fans out there: win something, anything, ever! You all sound like charger fans and all their rings. Pathetic.

80. From the Chiefs perspective, this is at worst a wash. Baldwin has the size and physical skills but proved in KC that he just isn’t capable of grasping the NFL game. Oh, and he can’t catch.

I’ve got no clue about Jenkins, but if he’s teachable, he’s an improvement over Baldwin. Give me a receiver who can learn and adapt over a physically gifted idiot anyday. May end up a special teams stud if nothing else.

Oh, and what’s the deal with the Seahawks trolls following the 9er fans around like puppies looking for a biscuit? Ever since the Chiefs acquired Alex Smith the 9ers fans have been regulars on Chiefs threads and there are Seahawks fans in every thread talking trash. Pretty sad actually…

81. Hey Cynic, or any Vikings fan trying to trash the hawks. If you have been “fleecing the hawks” for years on trades, why have the hawks been demolishing you everytime we play? Go ice fish or something.

82. Dub24, great post. Niners fans, you realize that Aaron curry was drafted by Tim Ruskell right? The old GM that had been selling Insurance or something for the last 5 years. Make sure you prepare your “this was the reason” crap for when the hawks destroy the niners again week 2. Get your Kleenex ready.

83. T.O. and Vernon Davis dropped more balls than they caught and were labeled “Hands of Stone” when they first started. Steve Young was labeled a “Bust” while playing for Tampa Bay when Walsh rescued him. So perhaps Baldwin will turn out to be a decent big target for Kaepernick.

84. I’m not guaranteeing anything for either guy, but they both will be better fits on their new team.

Baldwin can get down the field, but that simply hasn’t been & still isn’t a strength of Chiefs QB’s. Even so, Alex Smith couldn’t have handed Baldwin’s last drop to him any better.

I don’t know a ton about Jenkins, but he does have a lot of speed which Andy Reid covets. Even if he stretches the field to give Bowe, McCluster, Charles, & Co more room he can add value to the offense.

Either way, it was worth the chance for both teams. If they both suck, so what. But it wouldn’t be the 1st time a change of scenery helped a player.

85. With this AJ for Baldwin trade, the 9er FO and Harb basically show and folded their cards even before the regular season has even started. Now every other team they will faced in the regular season already knows, they have NO WRs, except Boldin. They are just going to double team Boldin and rush Kap. The other WRs will not produce. Too easy.
    They showed and folded their cards before the season even started rofl!!! There will be some tough times ahead for kap this season…