Ravens could get Webb, Yanda back Thursday

Marshal Yanda AP

The Ravens have lost some key parts to injury this preseason, but they’re about to get a pair of players back on the field after extended absences.

According to the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens could have both cornerback Lardarius Webb and guard Marshal Yanda back in the lineup Thursday night against the Panthers.

“I don’t want to say anything until we get through a couple of more days of practice, but it would be nice to get those guys out there,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, adding that there was a “good chance,” that would be the case.

Webb tore his ACL last October, and has been practicing on a limited basis. Yanda had offseason rotator cuff surgery.

“I just need the timing of the game, my footwork, my timing of my punch, just stuff like that,” Yanda said. “My shoulder feels good. It’s coming along. I’m a little rusty, but [I’m] going to be. I haven’t had the pads on since February. It’s good though. I’m just working every day just like everybody else.”

Getting Yanda back on the field should lend some stability to a line that needs to be solid, since the Ravens are still looking for answers in the passing game.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
37 Responses to “Ravens could get Webb, Yanda back Thursday”
  1. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 19, 2013 9:33 AM

Ravens are ready to rock and ROLL all over the Steelers. Will win the division. Will repeat as Champions. Steelers: 4th place.

2. ravgt says: Aug 19, 2013 9:47 AM

It’s coming together. AFCN beware.

3. Steeley McBeam says: Aug 19, 2013 9:50 AM

This is a Ravens article why are you bringing up the Steelers?

4. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 19, 2013 9:57 AM

“This is a Ravens article why are you bringing up the Steelers?”

Because, silly, we are in the same division and we are going to rock and ROLL all over the Steelers, that’s why!

5. wearethechampsandyourenot says: Aug 19, 2013 10:15 AM

the rich get richer

and the rest of yall are in trouble

6. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 19, 2013 10:22 AM

After the Wk 7 match-up, they’ll be regretting the decision to suit up. Thanksgiving night, they’ll wish they’d have retired.

That whole team of pillsbury doughbuys will definitely be rolling on along.

7. bigbenownsthenfl says: Aug 19, 2013 10:39 AM

Yawn! Gonna be awesome watching Wheaton run right past Webb! Steelers 42 Ratbirds 10 Final

8. sbchampsagain says: Aug 19, 2013 10:44 AM

WAIT, the Ravens won the Superbowl WITHOUT WEBB?

I totally missed that. He is their best CB.

I’m sure that will help getting him back!

9. neemdaddy13 says: Aug 19, 2013 10:44 AM

The Ravens will struggle to score this year. Too much talent lost. 8-8, no playoffs.

10. si1m says: Aug 19, 2013 10:44 AM

That first Ravens/Steelers article of the day & associated trolling is like the first cup of coffee. You just need it to get the day off right.

11. taosravenfan says: Aug 19, 2013 10:45 AM

The squealers haven’t whipped the ravens in a long time. I expect close hard fought battles, which make this without question the best rivalry in modern day football

12. jtbsteeler says: Aug 19, 2013 10:48 AM

The insecurity has set in after watching the Falcons have their way with your first teams.

Not sure why anyone will be scared of Webb at this point. He hasn’t action. I hope he does start with those elbow macaroni knees.

The “panic” is ramped up full throttle in Baltimore. You can’t deny it anymore.

13. jtbsteeler says: Aug 19, 2013 10:52 AM

You’re on the verge of cutting and Doss and Cody. Ozzie, you failed.

14. jtbsteeler says: Aug 19, 2013 10:55 AM

Jimmy Smith is playing so poorly they have to rush Webb back. LOL!!!

15. lovefootball4life says: Aug 19, 2013 11:08 AM

bigbenownsthenfl says: Aug 19, 2013 10:39 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m thinking Wheaton? Like Brandon Wheaton? Why is a Steeler fan talking about Cleveland’s QB. I had to look it up. You are talking about your 3rd round draft pick. That is hilarious. Things are so desperate at WR that you are smack talking about your rookie WR!

16. lovefootball4life says: Aug 19, 2013 11:11 AM

…and yes I know it is Brandon Weeden.

17. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 19, 2013 11:18 AM

lf4l, wasn’t your 3rd stringer last year Jacoby Jones? From what I remember, you homers think he’s the cat’s meow.

If only Wheaton could dance, we’d be in business.

18. Steeley McBeam says: Aug 19, 2013 11:21 AM

lovefootball4life says:

Things are so desperate at WR that you are smack talking about your rookie WR!

—————–

Those #2′s sure looked great on Thursday haha.

19. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 19, 2013 11:43 AM

taosravenfan says:

The squealers haven’t whipped the ravens in a long time.
    ——————————————————–

20. lovefootball4life says: Aug 19, 2013 11:47 AM

“I’d be willing to bet Ozzie would love to have Wheaton as his #2 right now. Ravens have absolutely no room to talk about WR corps with ANYONE. Go ahead, try to convince me that you would rather have Smith, Jones and Doss over Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Wheaton.”

—-
    I’m not bragging about Ravens WR. I just thought it was really funny for someone to have no other options but their rookie who has played only in pre-season to bring the smack talk.

You really need to read that “try to convince me” sentence again objectively. Neither of us should be bragging about our WR group. I do expect Stokley and Clark to be in the mix over Doss but BOTH teams lost last years #1 and #2 and both teams need to figure it out really quick.

21. lovefootball4life says: Aug 19, 2013 11:52 AM

“I know you’re still in a haze from the SB win, but we whipped you last year – with Charlie Batch.”

Yes crown last years Steeler super bowl was won by three points with Batch as the QB. Not really a whipping like the 35-7 Ravens hung on you in 2011. Since that’s all in the past and irrelevant for the future I don’t know how you are going to beat the Ravens now since you let your super man go.

22. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 19, 2013 12:15 PM

The four seasons of a Steelers’ fan:

1. Pre-season — Losses mean nothing but when the Ravens don’t play well and still win — it’s the end of the world

2. Regular season — If it wasn’t for lucky plays, bad officiating, and injuries — we would be winning the close games

3. Post season — Troy, these nachos taste good!

4. Off season — Charlie Batch! Charlie Batch! Charlie Batch!

23. purplereign2 says: Aug 19, 2013 1:48 PM

taosravenfan says:
    Aug 19, 2013 10:45 AM

—————

taos: The squealers and their near geriatric backfield couldn’t whip cream.

24. scoobies05 says: Aug 19, 2013 2:20 PM

hey jb…doesnt look like theres any panic here. and tell us how the steelers will be good…i ask u this every time and you never answer. your gm cant draft well and hald yoe fan base wants your coach fired. as for you crown, you seem to have an obsession with the weight of ravens players. kinda weird dude. and let me remind you of big ben and the hefty lb.

25. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 19, 2013 2:21 PM

“Not really a whipping like the 35-7 Ravens hung on you in 2011.”
    —————————————————

26. jtbsteeler says: Aug 19, 2013 3:09 PM

You won’t see me thumping my chest like Ravens fans. I let the games play out…

Anyone who knows football knows that your offense isn’t going to be the same with the WR’s you have on that team. And your defense will struggle early and often because of all the new faces and to be frank low level of defensive talent. I see it, but you don’t. The thrashing that your 1st teamers took last week is what I was saying was going to happen.

We’ll see how it plays out.

Your GM and coach put alot into preseason. Hence all the panic… So I don’t want to hear about it being “just the preseason”.

27. jtbsteeler says: Aug 19, 2013 3:15 PM

You gave up 270 1st half yards and all Ravens fans can say is “Daryl Smith is the 2nd coming” and “can’t wait until Webb gets back”. Counting on L. Webb this season will be fool’s gold for you.

You broke camp with no confidence in your offense and your defense has been exposed for the fraud that it is.

28. scoobies05 says: Aug 19, 2013 3:30 PM

you do realize its preason, right. and the reason you dont thump your chest is that you have nothing to say. you know your team wont be good. go deal with that. champs will be fine

29. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 19, 2013 3:58 PM

“Funny you should bring up 35-7. I can remember one beautiful Monday night where that was the score at halftime, not in your favor though lf4l.”

You forgot to mention getting your clocks cleaned later that same year by a 4-11 team that likely set you up to get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs — just like when you were TEBOWED! Remember TEBOW?!?!

30. lovefootball4life says: Aug 19, 2013 4:18 PM

“Not really a whipping like the 35-7 Ravens hung on you in 2011.”
    —————————————————
    —————————————————
    And here I felt bad bringing up a game from 2011 yet you reach way back to 2007 to find the last whipping? Wow that is acting like a typical Steeler with the good ‘ole days. Billick was coach, Steve McNair (RIP) was QB. Bush was president. UBL was still causing problems. Wow that’s a ways back.

31. Nofoolnodrool says: Aug 19, 2013 5:23 PM

Glad to see Yanda and Webb coming back because they remember getting Batch slapped in case you forgot.

As to Tebow I forgot all about him just like you forgot what your handle was when Tebow displayed his magic ….can you remember?

32. rottenbellybutton says: Aug 19, 2013 6:34 PM

33. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 19, 2013 8:21 PM

“yinzgotsix wonders why vasteelerfan changed his handle to nofoolnodrool. Tell us the reason troll slayer.”

Hahaha. BUSTED! Good one!

34. scoobies05 says: Aug 19, 2013 8:58 PM

hey jb…ben is already throwing pick 6s

35. stoogy says: Aug 20, 2013 5:01 PM

Vasteelerfan got embarresed to many times under that name he had to make a new one cause the shame was getting to much to handle.

36. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 20, 2013 9:13 PM

And changing his name to Nofool was supposed to end all that? You can only put so much perfume on a pig.

37. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 21, 2013 2:06 PM

lovefootball4life says:
    And here I felt bad bringing up a game from 2011 yet you reach way back to 2007
    —————————————————–
    Sorry lf4l, what’s the cutoff – 2010? 2009? Or is the cutoff that 2011 game you refereced?