Sharrif Floyd likely out for remainder of preseason

Houston Texans v Minnesota Vikings Getty Images

Minnesota Vikings first-round draft pick Sharrif Floyd is expected to miss the remainder of the preseason after having a procedure performed on his left knee.

According to Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Vikings’ head coach Leslie Frazier said the procedure wasn’t an arthroscopic surgery and merely called it a minor procedure. Frazier said Floyd will not play this week against the San Francisco 49ers and probably won’t play in the preseason finale against the Tennessee Titans next week.

Floyd initially injured his knee in the Vikings’ preseason opener against the Houston Texans last week.

Permalink 59 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill
59 Responses to “Sharrif Floyd likely out for remainder of preseason”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 19, 2013 10:47 PM

That’s ok. He isn’t even good enough to start on the horrible Vikings defense. That has to say something.

2. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 19, 2013 10:48 PM

The dreaded “procedure”. Cross yourself, spit, turn around twice, and knock on wood.

3. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Aug 19, 2013 10:55 PM

Maybe it’s karma for all the derogatory comments about Lacey…. I think I finally understand the curse. It’s because of the fans.

4. operwapitsai says: Aug 19, 2013 10:59 PM

wut

5. buhbay1c says: Aug 19, 2013 11:03 PM

You’ll allow me to continue. I would be worried about this if the Packers or Bears had anything that resembled a professional football offensive line.

6. wingsnwater says: Aug 19, 2013 11:08 PM

He’ll be fine.

7. aaroncurryisbust says: Aug 19, 2013 11:12 PM

Karma for all the Vikings fans gleefully celebrating Percy Harvin’s injury.

8. letsberealpeople says: Aug 19, 2013 11:13 PM

Unfortunate start to his promising career after a great preseason showing. Heal up quickly, Sharrif!

9. minhzy says: Aug 19, 2013 11:33 PM

Here’s to a fast recovery! Skol Vikings!

10. firestarter0728 says: Aug 19, 2013 11:44 PM

Bust.

11. fdugrad says: Aug 19, 2013 11:49 PM

Texans seem to hurt the knees of opponents.

12. blackmagic7 says: Aug 20, 2013 12:33 AM

They needed to open him up to squirt a little AD juice in there.

13. bleedtwincitiessports says: Aug 20, 2013 12:46 AM

After 1quarter of play time, he gets knee surgery? I saw the play he got hurt on and was worried that It might be a acl or something! Glad it’s not, but surgery 1 quarter into his career isn’t a good sign, minor or not!

14. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Aug 20, 2013 12:51 AM

I read that headline a little too quickly and missed the “pre.” Thank goodness it isn’t anything major. The guy is going to be a stud but will be part of a rotation this year.

15. open1337 says: Aug 20, 2013 2:03 AM

poor guy. he’ll heal up quick

16. davikes says: Aug 20, 2013 3:25 AM

The only thing I can think of that is more minor than arthroscopic surgery is having the knee drained. I guess that’s minor, but it’s not a great way to start a career. Hope he gets back to good health.

17. hodge05 says: Aug 20, 2013 3:58 AM

Fortunate that they get him back. If they want to be competitive this year with the Packers, they will need Floyd and their other young players to contribute in a big way.

18. packerenglishmajor says: Aug 20, 2013 6:26 AM

and . . . 3, 2, 1, cue the Packer trolls:

19. whatjusthapped says: Aug 20, 2013 6:54 AM

Usually the bad news for the Vikings comes at the end of the season when they blow yet another playoff game. It seems they are starting early this year.

Still I was interested to see how Floyd is going to do. According to the fans, the three first rounders should be measured for their HOF jackets now, the playing in the games is a mere formality.

20. jimmyt says: Aug 20, 2013 7:20 AM

Every time I see this guys name I still picture him in a 10 gallon hat with a Colt .45 revolver in his holster.

21. stevent92 says: Aug 20, 2013 7:52 AM

When you play in a divsion with QBs the caliber of Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford, it’s important to rest your best defensive players, especially in pre-season. Good move by Vikes.

22. 7ransponder says: Aug 20, 2013 8:12 AM

No biggie, the guy has always been slated to share reps in the rotation anyway, come regular season.

23. textexington says: Aug 20, 2013 8:16 AM

Honestly sister just retire it will save you a ton of embarrassment over your career with the Lavender Larry’s!!!Go Pack Go!!!

24. bradshawlives says: Aug 20, 2013 9:52 AM

This doesn’t change the fact that Johnny Jolly is a drug dealer….and a proud member of the Green Bay Packers.

25. tangysizzl says: Aug 20, 2013 10:23 AM

Yes and that alleged drug dealer who has been away from football for 3 years will outplay your 1st round rookie this season. How does my dictate?

26. lugo1382 says: Aug 20, 2013 10:27 AM

Idiots to whom calls him a bust . He was picked 21 spots from where he was projected . I call the low risk high reward pick. And the Vike D-Line is 10x better than the Pack .

27. bradshawlives says: Aug 20, 2013 10:39 AM

alleged drug dealer? You mean convicted felon, don’t you?

28. Frazier28/7 says: Aug 20, 2013 11:11 AM

He’ll be fine.

The Vikings don’t play the Packers til late October, plenty of time for Sharrif to get healthy so he and the rest of the d-line can destroy that terrible packer ‘offensive’ line and knock Rodgers onto the IR.

29. purpleguy says: Aug 20, 2013 11:18 AM

So what is a non-invasive non-arthroscopic procedure anyhow — a séance over a dead chicken?

30. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM

When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

31. tremoluxman says: Aug 20, 2013 11:30 AM

I see the 11-year-old Packer fans are out in force here.

32. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 20, 2013 11:44 AM

I think this ranks relatively low in the grand scheme of Viking training camp tragedies.

33. contra74 says: Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

Speaking of class, tell us again how funny you find Korey Stringers death while at camp. You keep posting it so come on, classy packer fan, share your jokes!

34. ilovemyringlessfranchise says: Aug 20, 2013 12:17 PM

He’ll be ready for Week 1 and he’s going to be a stud. Can’t wait to see him in action during the regular season!

35. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 20, 2013 12:24 PM

contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

Have I ever said that it was funny? No, actually. I haven’t. I think it is a terrible tragedy. I also think Vikings fans shouldn’t puff their chests about how good your medical staff is.

I remember when a Vikings fan said he was glad Brett Favre’s dad died. Again, nothing but class over there in marrymom land

36. brobokil says: Aug 20, 2013 12:33 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—————————–

Because being a hypocrite and a troll is “classy”.

Why do people even bother talking about being classy fans? What’s classy about being a football fan? It’s a violent sport where multiple people get injured every other day, on every team. We fans drink beer and eat junk food and fart, what part of this sounds classy to you?

37. contra74 says: Aug 20, 2013 12:44 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:24 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

You find it hilarious considering you keep mentioning that as well as the bridge collapse. How are you even allowed to post anymore? Way to represent your beloved packers. its ‘fans’ like you that are a stain on the rest of the packer fanbase.

38. allday28mvpmvp says: Aug 20, 2013 12:59 PM

Filthytokyoteabagger makes GB fans look worse than they already are

39. contra74 says: Aug 20, 2013 1:08 PM

contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 1:05 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:44 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:24 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

—-
    Contra – couldnt agree with you more. This clown is an embarassment to the packer fanbase and he does not speak for us. Im sure I speak for most of us when I say that if we had it our way tokyo wouldnt even be a fan of the packers so he could stop representing our storied franchise. All this back and forth between our teams is fun but its fans like tokyo that cross the line the shouldnt be crossed.
    —–
    ??? – doppelganger?

40. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 20, 2013 1:25 PM

Lol…

I’m here because of contra. Every single article last summer was polluted with his anti-packer rhetoric.

He is the original troll and he is responsible for several of us Packer trolls.
    So every time you get mad at me, thank him!

41. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 20, 2013 1:27 PM

Nobody ever said deaths were funny.

I think the over reactions stem from their feelings of guilt. And yes Viking fans, all that blood is on your hands.

42. 52lightsxout52 says: Aug 20, 2013 1:35 PM

@tokyosandblaster:

Go easy on Contra, I kind of like him, he’s old school, and compared to some of the other Viking and Packer posters on here, at least he can form complete sentences! ;-)

43. Frazier28/7 says: Aug 20, 2013 3:49 PM

This coming from a fanbase that makes fun of the death of Korey Stringer.

At least though, we don’t shoot each other at games. I’d love to see Rodgers go down to expose how weak the packers really are. But, if he gets injured during a game and gets off the ground and walks back to his sideline, the Viking fans would still clap for him not being injured. Even if it’s Rodgers, we stopped caring after awhile about Favre who always got back up.

44. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Aug 20, 2013 3:50 PM

Let me get this straight, you put forth all the effort to watch a message board and post stupid stuff, because some else did it first? Wow, you people are nuts!

45. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 20, 2013 4:12 PM

How much effort does this require for you?

I get email notifications and type a response.

Takes roughly 30 seconds and its a delightful break from the monotony of the New York bustle.

What’s your excuse?

46. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Aug 20, 2013 5:00 PM

I dunno, just never understood trolling, for any team, on any site.

47. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 20, 2013 5:31 PM

But you do it.

Hmm.

48. gb4mn0 says: Aug 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Two words are all that is needed to describe the character and personalities of the lavender Larry toads: Jody Arias.

49. brewdogg says: Aug 20, 2013 11:26 PM

gb4mn0 says: Aug 20, 2013 7:25 PM

—————————–
    Dude…..what? That makes even less sense than your usual drivel. Me, I forgot about that chick the same day I read about her. I had to google her to remember who she was. But I guess we all know what your interests are now….

50. lnfinite says: Aug 20, 2013 11:30 PM

Packer the most fans are the most defensive and deluded fans out there. They feel they can dish it out but go into a panic when their same abuse gets returned. I never said anything about their team. They are a great team. Their fans need to crap all the Viking and Bears stories out there to just to justify their so called self worth.

Unlike some, I never celebrate an injury of a foe. I want to see good games with the best players out there, without excuses.

If you want sick, seek out those who talk about Rodgers landing on IR. To Packer fans, a weak offensive line should make those fools more paranoid than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs…….

JUST WATCH…….. YOU’LL SEE…….

51. mnmarine0351 says: Aug 20, 2013 11:56 PM

Any idiot that would joke about Stringers death (and often later make a halfhearted denial of the joke) has obviously never lost anyone they knew or cared about. Its only made worse by the fact that there was every indication that Korey Stringer was a good man.

I do think that as a fanbase we should do a better job of calling out the trolls who cross the line, whether they are fans of a rival or our own team.

52. contra74 says: Aug 21, 2013 11:03 AM

mnmarine0351 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:56 PM

Agreed. Calling out tokyosandblaster on making fun of Korey Stringers death as well as the MN bridge collapse. Justifies it by claiming he is on some packer related crusade to fight back against viking fans on these boards.

53. Frazier28/7 says: Aug 21, 2013 12:20 PM

All kidding aside, it would be nice to see Rodgers go down not because I want him to be injured or any other Packer injured, but to expose how weak that team is.

It’d be refreshing to see Packer fans come back to reality about their team. You’ve gone almost 20 years with elite play from the QB, it’d be nice to see that team struggle with terrible QB play for a long stretch of the season

54. bleedinpurple says: Aug 21, 2013 2:40 PM

Feel like there’s so many dang injuries these days. Every play there’s a risk of someone out for the season :(.

55. tokyosandblaster says: Aug 21, 2013 3:42 PM

lol

Ok, losers.

I’ve never joked about the death of someone else. Perhaps you’re mistaking one of the several people pretending to be me for the real deal.

Either way, Contra is one of the worst people ever on these boards. I take solace in knowing that I’m a much better person, it’s not even close.

56. stellarperformance says: Aug 21, 2013 9:34 PM

Frazier28/7 says:
    Aug 21, 2013 12:20 PM

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You could have saved yourself a lot of keyboard time if you had cut to the chase and simply admitted: “I’m jealous.”

57. icecubeusedtobeangry says: Aug 21, 2013 11:30 PM

Contra…not that I want to defend the guy named after a bad late night skit, but it was Mcnasty that was making those comments. Now maybe they are the same person, I dont know. But either way, diff username.

58. filthymcnasty1 says: Aug 22, 2013 10:24 AM

I’m appalled by all these Viking fans exploiting Korey Stringer’s name just to bolster their feigned moral superiority. You people disgust me.

59. clayminator says: Aug 22, 2013 10:00 PM