Sharrif Floyd likely out for remainder of preseason

Getty Images

Minnesota Vikings first-round draft pick Sharrif Floyd is expected to miss the remainder of the preseason after having a procedure performed on his left knee.

According to Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, Vikings’ head coach Leslie Frazier said the procedure wasn’t an arthroscopic surgery and merely called it a minor procedure. Frazier said Floyd will not play this week against the San Francisco 49ers and probably won’t play in the preseason finale against the Tennessee Titans next week.

Floyd initially injured his knee in the Vikings’ preseason opener against the Houston Texans last week.

59 responses to “Sharrif Floyd likely out for remainder of preseason

1. Maybe it’s karma for all the derogatory comments about Lacey…. I think I finally understand the curse. It’s because of the fans.

2. You’ll allow me to continue. I would be worried about this if the Packers or Bears had anything that resembled a professional football offensive line.

3. After 1quarter of play time, he gets knee surgery? I saw the play he got hurt on and was worried that It might be a acl or something! Glad it’s not, but surgery 1 quarter into his career isn’t a good sign, minor or not!

4. The only thing I can think of that is more minor than arthroscopic surgery is having the knee drained. I guess that’s minor, but it’s not a great way to start a career. Hope he gets back to good health.

5. Fortunate that they get him back. If they want to be competitive this year with the Packers, they will need Floyd and their other young players to contribute in a big way.

6. Usually the bad news for the Vikings comes at the end of the season when they blow yet another playoff game. It seems they are starting early this year.

Still I was interested to see how Floyd is going to do. According to the fans, the three first rounders should be measured for their HOF jackets now, the playing in the games is a mere formality.

7. When you play in a divsion with QBs the caliber of Jay Cutler and Matthew Stafford, it’s important to rest your best defensive players, especially in pre-season. Good move by Vikes.

8. This doesn’t change the fact that Johnny Jolly is a drug dealer….and a proud member of the Green Bay Packers.

9. Yes and that alleged drug dealer who has been away from football for 3 years will outplay your 1st round rookie this season. How does my dictate?

10. Idiots to whom calls him a bust . He was picked 21 spots from where he was projected . I call the low risk high reward pick. And the Vike D-Line is 10x better than the Pack .

11. He’ll be fine.

The Vikings don’t play the Packers til late October, plenty of time for Sharrif to get healthy so he and the rest of the d-line can destroy that terrible packer ‘offensive’ line and knock Rodgers onto the IR.

12. tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

Speaking of class, tell us again how funny you find Korey Stringers death while at camp. You keep posting it so come on, classy packer fan, share your jokes!

13. contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

Have I ever said that it was funny? No, actually. I haven’t. I think it is a terrible tragedy. I also think Vikings fans shouldn’t puff their chests about how good your medical staff is.

I remember when a Vikings fan said he was glad Brett Favre’s dad died. Again, nothing but class over there in marrymom land

14. tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—————————–

Because being a hypocrite and a troll is “classy”.

Why do people even bother talking about being classy fans? What’s classy about being a football fan? It’s a violent sport where multiple people get injured every other day, on every team. We fans drink beer and eat junk food and fart, what part of this sounds classy to you?

15. tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:24 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

You find it hilarious considering you keep mentioning that as well as the bridge collapse. How are you even allowed to post anymore? Way to represent your beloved packers. its ‘fans’ like you that are a stain on the rest of the packer fanbase.

16. contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 1:05 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:44 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:24 PM
    contra74 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:16 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:21 AM
    When you hope for opposing player injuries, you show your true class.

Vikings fans: worst fans ever.

—–

—-
    Contra – couldnt agree with you more. This clown is an embarassment to the packer fanbase and he does not speak for us. Im sure I speak for most of us when I say that if we had it our way tokyo wouldnt even be a fan of the packers so he could stop representing our storied franchise. All this back and forth between our teams is fun but its fans like tokyo that cross the line the shouldnt be crossed.
    —–
    ??? – doppelganger?

17. Lol…

I’m here because of contra. Every single article last summer was polluted with his anti-packer rhetoric.

He is the original troll and he is responsible for several of us Packer trolls.
    So every time you get mad at me, thank him!

18. @tokyosandblaster:

Go easy on Contra, I kind of like him, he’s old school, and compared to some of the other Viking and Packer posters on here, at least he can form complete sentences! 😉

19. This coming from a fanbase that makes fun of the death of Korey Stringer.

At least though, we don’t shoot each other at games. I’d love to see Rodgers go down to expose how weak the packers really are. But, if he gets injured during a game and gets off the ground and walks back to his sideline, the Viking fans would still clap for him not being injured. Even if it’s Rodgers, we stopped caring after awhile about Favre who always got back up.

20. How much effort does this require for you?

I get email notifications and type a response.

Takes roughly 30 seconds and its a delightful break from the monotony of the New York bustle.

What’s your excuse?

21. gb4mn0 says: Aug 20, 2013 7:25 PM

Two words are all that is needed to describe the character and personalities of the lavender Larry toads: Jody Arias.
    —————————–
    Dude…..what? That makes even less sense than your usual drivel. Me, I forgot about that chick the same day I read about her. I had to google her to remember who she was. But I guess we all know what your interests are now….

22. Packer the most fans are the most defensive and deluded fans out there. They feel they can dish it out but go into a panic when their same abuse gets returned. I never said anything about their team. They are a great team. Their fans need to crap all the Viking and Bears stories out there to just to justify their so called self worth.

Unlike some, I never celebrate an injury of a foe. I want to see good games with the best players out there, without excuses.

If you want sick, seek out those who talk about Rodgers landing on IR. To Packer fans, a weak offensive line should make those fools more paranoid than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs…….

JUST WATCH…….. YOU’LL SEE…….

23. Any idiot that would joke about Stringers death (and often later make a halfhearted denial of the joke) has obviously never lost anyone they knew or cared about. Its only made worse by the fact that there was every indication that Korey Stringer was a good man.

I do think that as a fanbase we should do a better job of calling out the trolls who cross the line, whether they are fans of a rival or our own team.

24. mnmarine0351 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:56 PM

Agreed. Calling out tokyosandblaster on making fun of Korey Stringers death as well as the MN bridge collapse. Justifies it by claiming he is on some packer related crusade to fight back against viking fans on these boards.

25. All kidding aside, it would be nice to see Rodgers go down not because I want him to be injured or any other Packer injured, but to expose how weak that team is.

It’d be refreshing to see Packer fans come back to reality about their team. You’ve gone almost 20 years with elite play from the QB, it’d be nice to see that team struggle with terrible QB play for a long stretch of the season

26. lol

Ok, losers.

I’ve never joked about the death of someone else. Perhaps you’re mistaking one of the several people pretending to be me for the real deal.

Either way, Contra is one of the worst people ever on these boards. I take solace in knowing that I’m a much better person, it’s not even close.

27. Frazier28/7 says:
    Aug 21, 2013 12:20 PM

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You could have saved yourself a lot of keyboard time if you had cut to the chase and simply admitted: “I’m jealous.”

28. Contra…not that I want to defend the guy named after a bad late night skit, but it was Mcnasty that was making those comments. Now maybe they are the same person, I dont know. But either way, diff username.