Packers get Casey Hayward back at practice

AP

The Packers have been down two cornerbacks for much of training camp, but they got one of them back at practice on Monday.

Casey Hayward’s hamstring has healed enough for him to start working with his teammates for the first time this summer. It’s an opportunity to catch up on the “very important reps” that coach Mike McCarthy recently said Hayward has been missing and a chance to rediscover the groove that the cornerback was in when he picked off six passes as a rookie.

They told me to go a little light today, light reps,” Hayward said, via Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “But when you’re out there, you want to get more reps. But we are going to ease into it. I feel pretty good. I wouldn’t be out there if I wasn’t 100 percent. I felt pretty good out there. There are a few kinks I want to work out with my leg.”

Tramon Williams is still out, though he said last week that he expects to play in the season opener. Having a healthy Hayward in the lineup makes it less crucial to get Williams back for that game, although the Packers would surely prefer to have a full house in the secondary sooner rather than later.

32 responses to “Packers get Casey Hayward back at practice

1. I hope we cut Tramon. He’s expensive and had one great postseason but hasn’t lived up to that since. Hayward, House, Shields, Hyde, and Bush is a solid 5.

2. sandblastermoron says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:19 AM
    well, its not like this Defense can get any worse………

Well, they could be the Vikings defense, which is way worse and declining.

3. Well, yes, they can get worse. They can go back to 2011 levels.

Because of AP and the SF game everybody conveniently forgets they improved a lot in 2012.

4. greenandgold1972 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:29 AM
    Well, yes, they can get worse. They can go back to 2011 levels.

—————–

And that Hayward would be no worse than the #2 corner for the Vikings in 2013.

On another note, still can’t believe they low-balled Winfield when they clearly could have used him in the slot this year. After seeing Finley last week when Lacy was in the game, he should do well on them.

5. filthymcnasty1 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 11:26 AM
    Tremendous player – looking forward to the big 2nd year jump.
    _________________________________

*Tramon-dous player.

You see what I did there!?

Ayyyooooooo.

6. People are so ignorant, the Packers defense was ranked 11 last year, thats almost top third, but because they gave up two big games to AP and one to the 49ers thats all people remember.

With Datone Jones and Nick Perry heathly, the Packers will be improved on defense.

7. sandblastermoron says:
    well, its not like this Defense can get any worse………
    ——————–
    That’s what I was about to say about the Vikings’ QB…..

8. rtp295 says:
    Aug 20, 2013 12:00 PM
    People are so ignorant, the Packers defense was ranked 11 last year

========================

More likely just trolls trying to get attention.

9. greenandgold1972 says:Aug 20, 2013 11:29 AM

Well, yes, they can get worse. They can go back to 2011 levels.

______

Well, it would hard not to improve after having the worst defense in NFL history.

The Packers defense was fine last year (it isn’t like Adrian didn’t run over any other defenses). I’m not sure where all the improvement is coming from, but they’ll probably be fine again this year. That doesn’t make me nervous, though.

10. The Vikings starting corners have combined for 2 arrests and 0 interceptions in their careers, and their middle linebacker is named Erin.

You would think that would make them a little hesitant to talk so much.

But you would be wrong. They are Minnesotan. Just google the world’s opinion about these passive aggressive cowards and their smug arrogance (for no reason considering Minnesota is about as worthless as Saskatchewan). Justin Bieber is more respectable, honorable, manly and stable than a Minnesota, and he’s actually more entertaining. It’s not possible to be more boring than your average Eagan resident. Or Shakopee, or wherever…it’s all the same. Bland, lifeless nothing.

11. If we’re gonna have injuries, it may as well be these little 1-2 week sorts of injuries. It gives young late round/undrafted guys more of a shot at making the roster and what not.

Loyce Means and Micah Hyde looked good last game.

12. ruvelligwebuike says:Aug 20, 2013 12:39 PM

______

To paraphrase Big Julie from Guys and Dolls, Cook has a perfect record: 2 arrests, 0 convictions.

I’m feeling it this year, though. This will be the year that he gets that first career interception. Believe!

13. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    Aug 20, 2013 1:37 PM
    ruvelligwebuike says:Aug 20, 2013 12:39 PM

______

—–

Did you just quote a musical?

14. tokyosandblaster says:Aug 20, 2013 1:43 PM

Did you just quote a musical?
    _____

Why? Is there something wrong with that? It’s called Guys and Dolls, not Guys and Guys. Living so close to Broadway, I’d think you’d get out to see a few musicals. Maybe you need to broaden your horizons beyond what’s happening at Packers training camp.

15. Cook has the physical tools but he has absolutely no ball skills. If they could combine him and Robinson into one person, he would be a decent corner. Rhodes should be okay.

Didn’t the Vikings have 8 interceptions as a team last year or was that the year before? That has got to be some sort of a record.

16. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    Aug 20, 2013 2:12 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:Aug 20, 2013 1:43 PM

Did you just quote a musical?
    _____

Honestly, I am impressed. In my youth I performed in quite a few musicals.

Btw, it’s Jule, no “I”

17. I don’t know whether the Packers have one great DB. But if everyone’s healthy, they should have 5 or 6 good ones, each with his own strengths.

18. tokyosandblaster says:Aug 20, 2013 2:21 PM

Honestly, I am impressed. In my youth I performed in quite a few musicals.

Btw, it’s Jule, no “I”
    ______

I must have spelled it wrong because of all the men named Erin and Leslie and Lacy.

It was always my dream to play Sky Masterson. Unfortunately, it was unrequited.

19. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:
    Aug 20, 2013 4:13 PM
    tokyosandblaster says:Aug 20, 2013 2:21 PM

Honestly, I am impressed. In my youth I performed in quite a few musicals.

Btw, it’s Jule, no “I”
    ______

It was always my dream to play Sky Masterson. Unfortunately, it was unrequited.

0 0
    tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 4:55 PM
    I played Sky twice and directed the show once. Good music. Great characters.

Don’t look now, but we are bonding!

_________________________________

Mother.Of.God.

20. tokyosandblaster says:
    Aug 20, 2013 4:55 PM
    I played Sky twice and directed the show once. Good music. Great characters.

Don’t look now, but we are bonding!

__________________________________