Browns’ Greg Little, Josh Gordon caught driving way too fast

Cleveland Browns v New York Giants Getty Images

The Browns have a speed-related concern about receivers Greg Little and Josh Gordon, and it has nothing to do with their 40 times.

After reports surfaced today that both Little and Gordon have been caught driving way, way too fast, the team issued a statement acknowledging that the players need to be told to drive more safely.

“We’re aware of the situation involving the players and their unacceptable driving records,” the statement said. “We take matters such as this very seriously. We’ve spoken to both individuals, and will address the issue with the entire team.”

Now, at this point, you may be asking, “What’s the big deal?” Everyone drives too fast sometimes, right? But the details are alarming. Gordon got pulled over for driving 98 MPH in a 60 MPH zone, and he wasn’t driving anywhere near as fast as his teammate.

According to WOIO Channel 19 News, Little admitted he was driving 127 miles an hour when he lost control on the Jennings Freeway, hit a guardrail, knocked down a light pole and left 40 yards of brake tracks.

Little was lucky that neither he, his passenger nor anyone else on the road was killed. He was also lucky that all he got was a $350 fine.

That was in April, but Little apparently hasn’t learned his lesson: On Monday, Little was stopped for going 81 MPH in a 60 MPH zone. He also had expired plates.

Permalink 84 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
84 Responses to “Browns’ Greg Little, Josh Gordon caught driving way too fast”
  1. urbusted2 says: Aug 21, 2013 7:34 PM

The expired plates are the final straw!

2. unintentionalboners says: Aug 21, 2013 7:38 PM

greg little really dropped the ball on this one…

3. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Aug 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Greg Little is from NC which is NASCAR country. What you expect?

4. aaroncurryisbust says: Aug 21, 2013 7:40 PM

They would have received the electric chair if this happened in Texas.

5. bullethead527 says: Aug 21, 2013 7:42 PM

These two guys need to be punished by having to sit down and watch A Football Life: Reggie White and Jerome Brown. Hopefully it will open up their eyes and they will realize even football players die in car accidents..

6. deelron says: Aug 21, 2013 7:45 PM

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy to go 81 in a 60 zone, signed everyone who passes me on the freeway when I’m doing 70 in a 60 zone.

7. clownsfan says: Aug 21, 2013 7:45 PM

Morons. The both of them.

8. skoobyfl says: Aug 21, 2013 7:46 PM

He got the hanging traffic court judge, lookout.

9. wildwalt7 says: Aug 21, 2013 7:50 PM

I wonder if these guys know about Jerome Brown or Bobby Phills?

10. lakermetskins says: Aug 21, 2013 7:50 PM

“those guys are irresponsible”, quoted Kellen Winslow Jr..

11. mikeyfins says: Aug 21, 2013 7:53 PM

They should be suspended. Not joking they really should be 127 mph and 98 mph and putting the public at risk like t hat is far worse than any “steroid” crime which only effects there long-term health and nobody elses

12. darthvoter says: Aug 21, 2013 8:05 PM

They’re obviously Rocket Scientists….

13. marvsleezy says: Aug 21, 2013 8:07 PM

Better than Leonard Little – look it up

14. youarejealousof6rings says: Aug 21, 2013 8:10 PM

Typical.

15. h0c2000 says: Aug 21, 2013 8:21 PM

Dude will be having to get a second job to pay his car insurance.

16. EJ says: Aug 21, 2013 8:22 PM

Those are the guys you laugh at when they pass you on the expressway at 100mph knowing that you’ll see them again in a few minutes… In a ditch. Morons, learn how to drive the car before you pretend to be running in NASCAR.

17. bmoreravens1012013 says: Aug 21, 2013 8:23 PM

I do think the Browns will be better this year though. Their fans deserve it , as long as its not to the Ravens’ peril , I’m good…lol

18. wilbertmontgomery says: Aug 21, 2013 8:28 PM

RIP Jerome Brown

19. clebrowntown says: Aug 21, 2013 8:35 PM

Graduates of the Josh Cribbs school of driving…
    Josh is beaming right now

20. camdenyard says: Aug 21, 2013 8:38 PM

Silly Clowns.

21. gary2525 says: Aug 21, 2013 8:39 PM

Gordon can’t stay out of trouble. Something as stupid as speeding but he still gets in trouble. The little stupid things will keep adding up then cleveland will drop him.

22. dobberdubinsky says: Aug 21, 2013 8:48 PM

Fast cars are meant to be driven fast and these guys can afford the fines.

23. jakec4 says: Aug 21, 2013 8:53 PM

Like nobody here has ever opened it up on the freeway before.

24. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 21, 2013 8:55 PM

Greg was rushing to the Motor Vehicle Office to catch them before they closed and renew his license before it expired that day. I think.

25. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 21, 2013 8:58 PM

Luckily for the Browns the two were not in the same vicinity at the same time, when they committed their transgressions.

26. blackbug99 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:03 PM

It’s not the speed so much. Yes, it’s illegal and wrong. It’s just they did it so poorly. If you’re going to Go up, you need to be able to Whoa up w/o a guardrail!!

27. zoxitic says: Aug 21, 2013 9:04 PM

81 in a 60?

I’d show up on PFT everyday.

28. frenzy95 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:06 PM

UGH! If these bozo’s want to drive fast then they should head on over to Norwalk or Thompson. There they can go as fast as they want and race as long as they want.

29. romoscollarbone says: Aug 21, 2013 9:06 PM

IDK why but whenever I read articles like these I always really am dying to know what the make/model was.

30. bradygirl12 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:07 PM

What is it about pro sports that sucks the common sense out of these athletes? You have guys driving at potentially deadly speeds, fatal accidents,murderers,DUI’s,domestic assaults, drugs,racial slurs,and everything else you can think of . You’d think that maybe at least a couple would learn from other’s mistakes. Is it all the money that makes them think they are above the law or are they just naturally stupid? I just don’t get it.

31. rcali says: Aug 21, 2013 9:09 PM

Hey everybody, the NFL is making progress here. Neither were fined for illegally tinted windows and smoking weed! We still have to work on the registration process, but we’re getting there!

32. jobotjones says: Aug 21, 2013 9:10 PM

Too bad Greg Little still sucks at playing wr in the NFL…

33. 3yardsndust says: Aug 21, 2013 9:17 PM

Josh Gordon has the IQ of a Cheezit.

34. wozzmann1955 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:18 PM

well if the speed limit is such and such why does my speedo go over double that spped?

35. citiciti says: Aug 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Punks!

36. effjohntaylornorelation says: Aug 21, 2013 9:37 PM

Stooopid!

37. 12444uggg says: Aug 21, 2013 9:48 PM

“One crime at a time.” HST

38. snowman36 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:50 PM

What’s up with everyone talking about the “Jerome brown tragedy”? That’s not a tragedy. A tragedy is a 5 year old getting hit by a stray bullet. Not a 27 year old man driving recklessly.

The two browns receivers know better. As did Jerome brown.

39. iammrbinky says: Aug 21, 2013 9:52 PM

Suspend them the final 2 preseason games. That’ll teach ‘em.

40. pats777 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:55 PM

Wow. In my state they would have both been arrested for criminal speed (30+ over). Lucky idiots.

41. 69finfan says: Aug 21, 2013 10:00 PM

They had the special tires installed.

42. ishudbgm says: Aug 21, 2013 10:19 PM

WHY on EARTH would they stop….they do it because they feel untouchable like some players often do but a $350 fine?!?!? They probably spend that buying bottles at the club. I forgot which country it is but there is a country that fines you by how much income you make (the higher the income the higher the fine). $350 wouldn’t teach me anything if I was a player.

NFL is a joke, the older I get the more I notice it…bet Goddell nor the Browns will discipline these players because it doesn’t effect the NFL brand but PEDs and HGH is the beyond important for Goddell. Hope they do not get in a accident for the sake of the person they crash into.

43. moss49thteam says: Aug 21, 2013 10:22 PM

Believe it or not, if the car is built correctly 140 is not a big deal with a person that knows the car.

I am not saying that what either of these two did was correct, but worse speeding tickets have been had in a rental car.

Maybe lets just be glad no one was hurt or killed….

44. rt61 says: Aug 21, 2013 10:28 PM

98? I was especting 120+. Many of us have been 98.

45. thirdistheworrd says: Aug 21, 2013 10:35 PM

If Greg Little leaves Columbus at 4:00 traveling at 127 miles per hour; Josh Gordon leaves Toledo at 4:15 traveling 80 miles per hour; and Brandon Weeden throws a pass towards Akron at 4 mph, who will catch it and when?

46. jrs45 says: Aug 21, 2013 10:46 PM

Take a limo like ray lewis…….oops nevermind lol.

47. AlaskanSalmon says: Aug 21, 2013 10:50 PM

What kind of cars were these guys driving ?

48. youcantmakemepickausername says: Aug 21, 2013 10:58 PM

wilbertmontgomery says: Aug 21, 2013 8:28 PM

RIP Jerome Brown
    ———————————————————-

Yeah, shocking that you would wish Jerome to RIP and not mention his ten year old nephew that died in the car with him because Uncle Jerome decided to drive like an idiot with a kid in the car.

49. sjs5y7 says: Aug 21, 2013 11:03 PM

Over double the speed limit? And you don’t go to jail?

50. brownsfan39 says: Aug 21, 2013 11:10 PM

Ask either one and their answer will be:
    I can’t drive 55!
    LOL

51. matt24bucs says: Aug 21, 2013 11:11 PM

I am sick to death of these un-educated, overpaid, neanderthal’s thinking they are above the law and so self-entitled that they can put everyone else at risk–whenever they please..

52. thejimius says: Aug 21, 2013 11:18 PM

81 in a 60 isn’t that bad, depending on where you are.

53. cguy7 says: Aug 21, 2013 11:18 PM

Why do I get the feeling that these two knuckleheads will be out of Cleveland in two years. Little because he doesn’t realize his job is to catch the ball, and Gordon can’t quit smoking rope and injesting cough syrup. I have no problem with 80, but a buck 27 on the Jennings freeway in Cleveland is a suicide run… He’s lucky to be alive. Guess we’ll be drafting at least one WR in 2014…

54. machine64red2 says: Aug 21, 2013 11:38 PM

Flash Gordon…..

55. clebrowns216 says: Aug 22, 2013 12:02 AM

This right here shows you how absolutely ridiculous people are. People are getting mad over speeding tickets!?

None of you guys have bet gotten a speeding ticket?

People will use any excuse to jump up on their high horse and complain and hate on people. The sports world has just turned into a huge overreaction by fans and media while the fans hop into their ivory towers and talk about how horrible the athletes are. It’s so pathetic.

Words cannot even express how absurd this is.

56. packerbackernj says: Aug 22, 2013 12:06 AM

When i bought my first beemer, i took it on the parkway at 4am and hit 120mph. We all do it when we’re young.

57. 2fleas says: Aug 22, 2013 12:15 AM

Idiots. And what is with these guys making so much money and being unable to handle everyday affairs such as renewing your tags!

58. buffalosaint says: Aug 22, 2013 12:27 AM

There is nothing that important to go to in Cleveland.

59. softhelmet says: Aug 22, 2013 12:54 AM

Since they play for the Browns I can only assume these knuckleheads were driving way from the field as opposed to towards it! They are the Brownies no need to get to practice early, is there?

60. godofwine330 says: Aug 22, 2013 1:39 AM

Look. I drive 75-80 in a 60 every morning on the way to work. With the flow of traffic of course, but still there is some jerk behind me trying to pass me and I am already 10-15 MPH over the limit.

The 127 is more than a bit much. But 20 over ain’t bad. I don’t know why the speed limit is so low. When I speed I do it safely. I double and triple check my mirrors, I ALWAYS use my turn signals, I only lane change with at least 2 car length space, I also pay strict attention to the rigs because they are bigger than me by staying out of their blind spots and paying attention to their blinkers and where they’d likely change lanes. I may speed, but it isn’t reckless.

61. kd75 says: Aug 22, 2013 2:01 AM

A traffic violation is news? I drove from Manhattan to Montreal in 4 hours. You think I was doing anywhere near the speed limit?

You go as fast as the traffic, or lack or thereof, lets you go. I would think these guys have PBA cards to get out of speeding tickets. I do.

62. 4512dawg4512 says: Aug 22, 2013 2:52 AM

I’m sure Little’s charges will be “dropped”! heyyy

63. pabrownsfan says: Aug 22, 2013 3:12 AM

him must be tupid

64. rationalitybias says: Aug 22, 2013 4:03 AM

Isn’t Gordon ALREADY suspended 4 games?

65. rationalitybias says: Aug 22, 2013 4:05 AM

*Gordon is suspended 2 games, not 4 games.

66. bobbyhoying says: Aug 22, 2013 6:58 AM

They were just practicing to drag race Jason Peters.

67. bigbabies says: Aug 22, 2013 7:17 AM

That’s the entire reason you buy a car like that. To drive it fast, really fast. No big deal. Just a politically correct out-cry.

68. changeup39 says: Aug 22, 2013 7:28 AM

81 in a 60? Pretty sure everyone does that every now and then. This is not news.

69. bengal4life says: Aug 22, 2013 7:34 AM

They also had to pay Progressive $250 for breaking their Snapshot.

70. bullcharger says: Aug 22, 2013 7:48 AM

You forget how young these guys are. Looking back, I probably didn’t understood how stupid it was to speed when I was 24 either. Giving someone money and fame certainly doesn’t make them sensible or responsible.

71. ridingwithnohandlebars says: Aug 22, 2013 7:53 AM

If they are really feeling the need for speed they should work out something with a speedway or some other sort of closed course nearby where they are the only people who would be in danger.

72. ia4chiefs says: Aug 22, 2013 8:06 AM

Funny thing they can afford the fines but, they won’t pay them and get picked up on warrants later.

73. jwcarlson says: Aug 22, 2013 8:24 AM

dallascowboysdishingthereal says:
    Aug 21, 2013 7:39 PM
    Greg Little is from NC which is NASCAR country. What you expect?

——————————–

As long as we’re stereotyping… I don’t think Greg Little falls into the NASCAR demographic.

74. mattjay0101 says: Aug 22, 2013 8:36 AM

Y’all NFL players is dumbz!

75. nananatman says: Aug 22, 2013 8:49 AM

This just in: Scientific studies show today’s generation don’t grow up until the age of 40.

“Hey man relax he’s just a 25 year old kid.”

76. coachbeck says: Aug 22, 2013 8:57 AM

Lol suspended.

Who really cares how fast they drive ?

We need less rules in the NFL not more.

77. clebrowns216 says: Aug 22, 2013 9:43 AM

This is beyond absurd. Are people really getting this upset of speeding tickets!?

This right here just shows you that people will take any excuse to jump up on their high horse and scold athletes. Like they themselves are saints.

We are talking about SPEEDING TICKETS!!!

People want the NFL to punish them? This is a matter of the LAW not the NFL. Remind me the NFL rule that says that players cannot speed.

And do your guys’ employees fine and punish you when you get a speeding ticket? No that’s absurd. And if they did, you would go on a rant about how ridiculous is.

Hop out of your ivory towers

78. audient says: Aug 22, 2013 11:02 AM

I can’t get worked up of 81 in a 60. I don’t care much either way about getting clocked in the 90s in a 60. But 127 on the Jennings is crazy. He’s lucky he didn’t kill anyone or himself.

But, he didn’t. And he’s already been fined by the court. I’d leave it at that.

79. xinellum says: Aug 22, 2013 11:32 AM

81 in a 60 is a joke. Get on any interstate and go the speed limit and see if you don’t get run over. Get real, every third car is doing 80 at least. However, 127 might be a bit too fast.

80. wearethechampsandyourenot says: Aug 22, 2013 11:35 AM

Factory. Of. Sadness.

81. gabyguti15 says: Aug 22, 2013 11:43 AM

I did the same thing little did and had to do 80 hrs com service MADD program even though I wasn’t drunk and 1 year informal probation. And all he gets is a $350 fine?

82. 4greatestvikingever says: Aug 22, 2013 11:58 AM

The really weird thing they both were driving Kia’s…..

83. granadafan says: Aug 22, 2013 12:11 PM

In Denver, they’d be fined because they WEREN’T drinking.

84. bigblue00 says: Aug 22, 2013 12:15 PM

Someone needs to investigate how he caused all that damage and only recieved a $350 fine. I smell collusion!