Google/YouTube could make a run at Sunday Ticket

youtube-logo2

Far more stunning than the potential loss of the NFL Sunday Ticket package by DirecTV could be its new landing spot.

According to All Things Digital (via SportsBusiness Daily), the rights held by DirecTV since 1994 were “among the topics of discussion” that came up during a Tuesday meeting between Google CEO Larry Page, YouTube Head of Content & Business Operations Robert Kyncl, and a delegation from the NFL that included Commissioner Roger Goodell.

DirecTV currently pays $1 billion per year for the package.  DirecTV CFO Pat Doyle said in March that the satellite giant could strike a non-exclusive deal with NFL or dump the package completely when the current deal expires after the 2014 season.

The value of the Sunday Ticket package has diminished in recent years, given the rise of the RedZone package, which whips fans around from game to game, focusing on the most compelling moments.

YouTube launched in 2005; Google purchased the popular video site the following year.

Permalink 80 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
80 Responses to “Google/YouTube could make a run at Sunday Ticket”
  1. jordan5l says: Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM

PLEASE get Sunday Ticket AWAY from DirecTV.

2. shayeezy says: Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM

don’t get the obsession with the red zone channel AT ALL. there’s a lot more to football games than what happens in the red zone, not to mention how annoying it would be if you were most interested in a specific game and kept getting “whipped around”.

3. 12444uggg says: Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM

They had better do something, because it’s getting far to easy to in essence steal this product.

4. kane337 says: Aug 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Do it Google. Do it!

5. footballradioshow says: Aug 21, 2013 1:35 PM

It’s going back to the wild Wild West on who and how content is delivered. There is going to be more options with content catering to the specific consumer more and more as we move forward .

6. floriorealitychkr says: Aug 21, 2013 1:35 PM

DirecTV loses NFL SUNDAY TICKET…I will be losing DirecTV…it is the only reason I keep them. I’m sure I speak for many.

7. pathsovglory says: Aug 21, 2013 1:36 PM

more of a RedZone fan personally, but this is pretty cool.

8. hoptimusprimal says: Aug 21, 2013 1:37 PM

This would be awesome! I hate the fact that to watch an out of market NFL game, I need to put a satellite dish on my house, not to mention the years I was renting when it wasn’t even an option.

9. ccjcsr says: Aug 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Red Zone is where its at!

10. Clay says: Aug 21, 2013 1:42 PM

Please make this happen Google – good bye cable package. I could view from my PC, Mac, android phone, tablet, iphone, xbox, everywhere and anywhere…

11. bucrightoff says: Aug 21, 2013 1:43 PM

Irrelevant. DirecTV will pony up. In case anyone hasn’t noticed, the only thing keeping people from cancelling their cable packages entirely is sports on TV. DirecTV knows this as well, and will not be giving up their most prized entity.

12. ddjesus says: Aug 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Holy crap, YES! Just imagine being able to watch my game anywhere, on my phone or tablet, with chromecast. I for one welcome our new Google overlords.

13. motobus says: Aug 21, 2013 1:46 PM

This would be great.

I’ve been waiting for a fairly priced option to follow only my favorite team. $399 and a directTV sub is not that option.

What I don’t understand is how directTV is protected by the NFL’s anti-trust exemption status. See: the EA antitrust lawsuit and settlement.

14. beavertonsteve says: Aug 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Wherever Sunday Ticket ends up it had better be broadcast in a way that looks pristine on a 60″ TV. Even the best live streamed programming tends to not hold up in those conditions. Don’t forget that by the time the next Sunday Ticket contract goes live people are going to be clamoring for 4k feeds on NFL games.

15. drewfl says: Aug 21, 2013 1:47 PM

This would be a GREAT thing for the consumer. Google (going by their history), wouldn’t charge an obscene amount of money that Direct TV does. Hell, I could see Google offering it for free, but lacing it with their advertisements to make money off it. But Roger Goodell is still the comissioner, and I’m sure there would be some kind of anti-consumer things laced into the deal, if it were to happen.

16. pathsovglory says: Aug 21, 2013 1:49 PM

————————————————
    spoken like someone who’s never watched RedZone

17. thingamajig says: Aug 21, 2013 1:50 PM

The NFL will be talking to a lot of people/communication companies to get the most $$$ for the next NFL Sunday ticket package contract. It’s all about money.

18. packman331 says: Aug 21, 2013 1:52 PM

Interest is diminished because it is overpriced.

19. raiderman81 says: Aug 21, 2013 1:52 PM

They should make out of market games or blacked out games PPV.

20. motobus says: Aug 21, 2013 1:52 PM

@shayeezy it’s decent as an option during commercial breaks, or if your only game options are uninteresting.

It does not exclusively show redzone drives, however, and if there is one close game or a ‘popular’ game it generally sticks to that and Picture-in-Pictures the redzone drive in.

21. shayeezy says: Aug 21, 2013 1:53 PM

i have watched it, and that was my impression. please, enlighten us on what makes it so great, and how those things i mentioned aren’t shortcomings.

22. jedicurt says: Aug 21, 2013 1:54 PM

please… the NFL isn’t going to give exclusivity to anyone. I firmly believe they are going to take over the service themselves and then sell it out however they see fit. much like they are doing with GameRewind, the Radio Pass, and their international service

23. sschmiggles says: Aug 21, 2013 1:54 PM

I’m all for moving Sunday Ticket to another provider, but YouTube sucks. I would hope they develop a much better service for live sports stream.

Every time I watch a video there it stops and reloads every couple of minutes. Sometimes it just stops and never reloads.

I have a 20 mbps fios connection and everything else works fine, including netflix and amazon instant video.

24. Gabe Smith says: Aug 21, 2013 1:54 PM

I just did a Directv consumer survey in which I was asked how I would feel about a variety of new Sunday Ticket offerings from DirecTV (and how much I would be willing to pay). One of the options was a lower priced package called “My Team” is which you could subscribe to every game for your team only, but at a reduced rate. They were also exploring streaming only packages. I think they’re on the right track if they want to remain relevant and grow their subscriber base.

25. cwenger says: Aug 21, 2013 1:55 PM

shayeezy says:
    Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM

—————————–

Ever heard of a little thing called fantasy football?

26. sschmiggles says: Aug 21, 2013 1:57 PM

________________________

If they do it like Vudu does, it will be fine. They have amazing quality for movies. It depends heavily on your own internet connection.

Either way, why not let DirecTV continue to sell Sunday Ticket, while giving some competition on the internet?

There’s no reason to keep giving out exclusive deals to one company. It just locks out a huge portion of your customers from enjoying your product.

27. gochargersgo says: Aug 21, 2013 1:58 PM

Yea I don’t get what DirecTv is thinking letting it get away. Pretty much their main draw.

28. kingdm8 says: Aug 21, 2013 1:59 PM

At least you can watch YouTube when it’s cloudy outside. God forbid there’s a storm during a football game. You’d be better off heading to the bar.

29. skinsrock says: Aug 21, 2013 2:03 PM

I guess they get more $$ from an exclusive provider upfront… But… as large as the NFL is, I don’t understand why they are not offering their games across all forums… Cable, Satellite, & the internet…. I would get PPV $$ from every outlet possible including single game purchases for say $10 to watch 1 game individually not nationally covered. I mean, one who is out of town, should be able to quickly order their game online & watch their team play… I mean it is 2013 & the internet has been around almost 20 years.

30. gsomatt says: Aug 21, 2013 2:04 PM

There’s already plenty of European websites that stream the games from Europe TV stations.

It’s a 2-3 minute delay but who cares?

31. desmondclee says: Aug 21, 2013 2:05 PM

If RedZone is simply about switching to games when a team gets inside their opponent’s 20-yard line, that’s completely worthless. As a fan, you need to watch every play. What happens when someone like Trindon Holliday scores on a return? Do they switch to the game when he enters the red zone? And why isn’t a fourth-and-one play, late in the fourth quarter, in a tie game not something RedZone would cover?

NFL Sunday Ticket is where it’s at.

32. cowboysfan1979 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:12 PM

If you are a fan of a team, why would you want to get “whipped around” watching other games? I couldn’t imagine not having the full Sunday Ticket where I could choose which game to watch.

33. theauger says: Aug 21, 2013 2:13 PM

@sschmiggles

There is a difference between watching an uploaded video & a live stream on youtube. I watch live streams of UFC event regularly on youtube live & the quality is really good.

34. doe22us says: Aug 21, 2013 2:14 PM

shayeezy says:
    Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM

Different strokes for different folks, personally like the Red zone since i dont have Direct TV, so cant hate on anything you havent experienced before. I like the multifaceted swing from one game to another while watching the game that may be on TV.

35. thunderbirdhotel says: Aug 21, 2013 2:17 PM

They need to bring it to multiple platforms like MLB has done. I can’t see how they won’t make significantly more money by offering it via google / apple tv / you tube / xfinity. Would also be shocked if Apple wasn’t in on these talks as well.

36. jlb10 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:17 PM

this is a terrible idea.
    i too do not see the redzone channel love affair.
    i’m big time into fantasy and still would rather see all the other games than just the redzone. redzone is not so good on those sundays when they don’t show it in the afternoon.
    hell i have 3 tvs in the room and watch 2 games and have the redzone on one (with the sound off)

37. buffalo75vette says: Aug 21, 2013 2:17 PM

They should just let all Sat and cable companies carry the package. It would probably get them more than what 1 will pay for the rights. I had Direct TV and dropped them.

38. justintuckrule says: Aug 21, 2013 2:18 PM

Redzone is popular because FF players are replacing actual football fans. Anyway…I’m surprised to hear everyone here bad mouthing Direct TV. It’s advertised price is way over-priced but isn’t it common knowledge that you can basically get it for around $100 if you call DTV, ask to speak to the “retention dept.” at the first prompt and then threaten to cancel if they don’t drop the price (which they always do)?

They’ll drop it to about $160 but then you ask them to give you $10 off here and there on your other packages for 6 months and then you’re essentially paying $100 for the Ticket.

If you’re not under contract, like I was, you get it for free if you tell them that you want whatever the new subscribers are being offered (i.e. free ticket and free premier package for 1 yr).

39. riggz91 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:19 PM

Being a Giant fan in NJ, getting stuck watching a Jet/Bill 6-3 slugfest is rough, especially if Gmen are at 1 and Jets at 4. The redzone channel is really great at the 4pm games. With Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games, there is usually 4 or so games at 4pm. So instead of getting stuck watching the Jets Cards game last year where I wanted to put bleach in my eye, I turn the Redzone on and put down the remote. Never a commercial break, or any downtime for that matter. With only a couple of games on its super easy to follow, and for the most part they’ll leave it at the biggest game of the hour.
    During the 1pm games it is hectic, but still cool.

40. DonRSD says: Aug 21, 2013 2:19 PM

Please take away EA NFL exclusive license.
    Madden 25 sucks compared to NFL 2k5 on the original Xbox.

41. briang123 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:20 PM

hoptimusprimal says: Aug 21, 2013 1:37 PM

_____________________________________

It probably doesn’t matter now that you didn’t know about the law that would have prevented your landlord from….uh, guess it doesn’t matter now.

42. 3yardsndust says: Aug 21, 2013 2:22 PM

DirecTV subscriber for 13 years here, but the ONLY reason is the Sunday Ticket. Drop it and I’m gone. The extra expense simply isn’t worth it.

43. myosin10 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:22 PM

Red zone channel is the best! I do occasionally watch a different game on Sunday ticket but red zone is great it shows all the TDs and all exciting plays or close games. I really don’t need anything else because I’m flipping back and forth anyway so the redzone channel does it got me.

44. houseofbacon says: Aug 21, 2013 2:26 PM

Pleeeeease give me a reason to ditch my cable bundle and just have internet. PLEASE?

Every time I call FIOS support I die a little inside, and this would save me a ton of money. Hell, I’ll pay for it. What do you want, Google?

15/month? 20/month? Deal.

45. houseofbacon says: Aug 21, 2013 2:26 PM

DonRSD says:Aug 21, 2013 2:19 PM

Please take away EA NFL exclusive license.
    Madden 25 sucks compared to NFL 2k5 on the original Xbox.

——————————————————

Madden 25 isn’t even out yet. Maybe… maybe just stop commenting for a while.

46. trollaikman8 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:28 PM

RedZone is for the casual football fan.
    Are you a casual?

47. quizguy66 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:28 PM

To be honest I enjoy going out to a sports bar having a meal and watching all of the game at the same time (If you add up the meals it probably ends up being about the same as what the NFL Ticket costs). I would hate it if that experience isn’t possible under any new arrangement :(
    -QG

48. FinFan68 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:35 PM

Look at Google’s strategy. Everything is tailored (via lack of privacy) to individual users. If they get it, I have no doubt they will offer team specific options as well. 100 bucks for your team’s games in HD will sell to most fans out of their team’s market. If the blackout policy goes away that would increase it by a lot.

49. bigbenh8tr says: Aug 21, 2013 2:36 PM

shayeezy says:
    Aug 21, 2013 1:31 PM
    ____________________________________
    FANTASY FOOTBALL, CASUAL FANS, Fans whose games are Blacked Out.

Aint too hard to understand

50. Tyler says: Aug 21, 2013 2:36 PM

I could see it happening. They’ve already started offering Sunday Ticket with the purchase of Madden 25 for $99.

51. txraiders says: Aug 21, 2013 2:39 PM

DirectTV is horrible. We got it for Sunday Ticket, and put up with their horrible customer service for years. One year, our HD receiver went out -just before the last week of the season. Even thought we had a service plan, they did not have any replacement receivers. First they lied and said it was would be a couple weeks – when I called back to complain the next day they said they shouldn’t have told me a couple weeks because they had no idea when they would get any receivers in to replace mine. This is just before the playoffs were going to start! We had cable come out the next day. They do not care about their customers at all, and are milking their monopoly for all they can.

52. italionstallion888 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:42 PM

Red zone is great if you have 8 guys/girls (your league) and everyone wants to watch a specific game. Switch it to Redzone and let them bouce the TV back and forth. The afternoon games usually end up being more than just red zone game play. When there are only 2 games on, there isn’t much “red zone” action to keep it truely red zone. I’ve been waiting on an alternative to watch football so I can finally drop my cable. Not having any HD football online makes it hard to drop ATT.

53. shayeezy says: Aug 21, 2013 2:44 PM

my earlier comments were in reference to the red zone channel diminishing the need or popularity of sunday ticket. if you’re just a casual fan or don’t have directv, of course i can see the benefit of red zone, but i was speaking from the perspective of a sunday ticket subscriber (which is the context of this article). in that sense, red zone is hardly a replacement and doesn’t really compare.

54. bigbenh8tr says: Aug 21, 2013 2:45 PM

jlb10 says:
    Aug 21, 2013 2:17 PM
    this is a terrible idea.
    i too do not see the redzone channel love affair.
    ___________________________________
    You typically have 2 1pm games 2 4pm games and a night game to watch. If you don’t like a team in your market why not watch Redzone?

What is wrong with Redzone at 1PM when I need to wait for my team to play at 4PM? It is a LOT better than suffering thru whatever game the Ravens, Jets, or Redskins are playing the comes on TV on the East Coast. Watching Redskins fans not understand what to do when a team is over .500 or Joe Flacco playing a game of 500 with the WRs/DBS.

No thanks, I’ll take Redzone. Maybe you guys who don’t like Redzone are have multiple favorite teams so it’s easier for you.

55. circlingthewagons says: Aug 21, 2013 2:46 PM

@briang123
    Or maybe he just always happened to live in a north-facing apartment, which I can attest can happen. Also, a lot of landlords put so many conditions on the installation of satellite dishes that even many south-facing rental places would not be feasible for DBS installation.

56. yamchargers says: Aug 21, 2013 2:47 PM

The popularity of Redzone is, I think, due to the fact that there are ALOT of fantasy fans that dont follow one team religiously.

Personally its a game pick on one tv with Redzone on another for awareness of whats going on. But thats because I enjoy getting into one game even when the Bolts arent loosing (or playing, same thing really).

57. lengai says: Aug 21, 2013 2:47 PM

All of the preseason and regular season games are already available online.

58. lanman11 says: Aug 21, 2013 2:57 PM

I used to have the east and west coast feeds for the three major networks. Between prime time games, MNF, and SNF, I think my Sunday Ticket was giving me 4-5 games I couldn’t get anywhere else. The price was rising so fast, I decided I was paying about $50 per game so I cancelled it. I went to bars to watch those games.

Unfortunately for me, I moved, and the wife “cancelled” our service and technically started a new service, rather than having our service “moved.” Starting a new service required getting new waivers for the east and west coast network feeds, and the local broadcasters would not grant them as I was now within range of the local broadcasters and they didn’t want the competition. I was previously in range as well, but when I moved from the hills into town, I “moved” the service (I handled it) and they never re-checked the waivers. My wife handled the last move, and they not only cut my east/west network feeds, but they took away my early bird discount for being a long time subscriber to Sunday Ticket. I explained this all to them but they would not restore my account to it’s prior standing. Anyway, DirecTV is now my ex-TV provider and my wife is now my ex-wife.

The real critique here should be pointed at the NFL. I suppose they are just taking what they can get, and that’s capitalism, but it’s way too much to pay for this. The end result is I resigned myself to the fact that I can do other things with my time, and just catch the highlights on the 24/7 sports channel. So they lost a customer for not only Sunday Ticket, but for basic services as well. I was one of the original subscribers in 94 with Hughes Communications before it became DirecTV, but they priced me out of the market.

I find the Red Zone annoying. The people who like the Red Zone are fantasy football fanatics who want to keep track of all the scoring plays and set up their tablet computers next to the TV and keep track of standings etc. They aren’t as much about watching football as they are about competing in their own game. It doesn’t resonate with me.

59. bostonstrippers says: Aug 21, 2013 3:00 PM

REDZONE is awesome.

60. felonius1 says: Aug 21, 2013 3:00 PM

If youtube streamed NFL content, it would be great. CBS and Fox need to catch up with NBC in the live stream regards. I’d actually watch their content if they did. Until then, Sven in Sweden is my source for NFL games.

61. dirtybird28 says: Aug 21, 2013 3:01 PM

RedZone > Sunday Ticket

62. defscottyb says: Aug 21, 2013 3:04 PM

——————————————————
    Huh… $399? I just called DirectTV a few days ago and was offered $19.99-$29.99 a month (depending on certain packages) that included nfl ticket free for a year. You have to sign up for a 2 year contract and the rate is good for the 1st year, 2nd year is higher but def not $399. Only reason I don’t have it is bc my building manager in condo I own (highrise) won’t let me put the dish up. I wish I didn’t need a physical dish to have this service.

63. defscottyb says: Aug 21, 2013 3:16 PM

RedZone sounds really annoying. If you are a true NFL fan you want to watch your team play or a whole game in it’s entirety. Not just redzone action. That’s what the highlight shows are for. I could see watching Redzone for like 5 minutes and getting pretty pissed off and annoyed. Gimme a full nfl game please or flip between full nfl games between commercials etc (if your team is not playing). But, to each his own.

64. vincentbojackson says: Aug 21, 2013 3:17 PM

I know I’m in the minority, but I still don’t understand all the rage for the RedZone channel. RedZone is basically the NFL for people with ADD. Just when I get into a game they switch to another one.

65. maddogwhite says: Aug 21, 2013 3:24 PM

I have been a DirecTV customer for 10 years — mainly for the Sunday Ticket — and this is the THIRD YEAR in a row that I am getting Sunday Ticket for FREE (my bill is still around $80/month). If more customers were savvy, they would call DirecTV customer retentions, threaten to drop service, and DirecTV will give you ST like they were handing out Halloween candy.

As more and more of the younger generation are opting out of cable and satellite and switching to internet only programming/streaming, DirecTV is likely paying for Sunday Ticket primarily as an enticement to keep customers from bolting their service. Don’t look for them to let Sunday Ticket go so easily — it could be the death knell to their service and they know it.

66. romoscollarbone says: Aug 21, 2013 3:26 PM

People who don’t have RedZone don’t understand it. It’s not just once a team enters the opponents 20. If nobody is in the red zone it just sticks with live action of the highest marquee game. They do split screen anytime there is multiple teams inside or nearing the 20.

They show every scoring play, long or short. And a lot of times show kickoffs live if it’s a team with a known returner. the 4pm slot is really their sweetspot like somebody else alluded to earlier. When there’s only 3 or 4 games you see a bulk of the big game of the week.

That being said. If I could just have my local market teams (NYG/NYJs) plus the doubleheader cbs/fox with the ability to purchase games ala carte for say $7.50 a game I’d be very happy. Combined that with Red Zone and I’d never spend a dollar at the sportsbar again.

67. shayeezy says: Aug 21, 2013 3:32 PM

lol @ people who watch football only to keep up with fantasy stats. just watch the box scores on espn.com if that’s all you care about.

68. EJ says: Aug 21, 2013 3:34 PM

NFL Sunday Ticket is very cool, regardless who is going to broadcast it, Direct-TV or Google. I just don’t want Time Warner to get ahold of it and charge even more for their service than they already do. If its not the Cable box giving you problems, the services like DVR or Rewind, Its the main line coming into your house from the utility pole intermittently giving you crap. Please NO TIME WARNER!

As for Red Zone, Its fun, but still misses a bunch of cool stuff.

69. shayeezy says: Aug 21, 2013 3:36 PM

couldn’t agree more vincentbojackson. we live in an ADD society, so it’s not surprising.

70. fuzzebear says: Aug 21, 2013 3:45 PM

I have 9 TV’s, 6 Direct TV recievers and two cable boxes. I watch all of the NFL and college football games each weekend hand have done so every weekend since I got Direct TV in 1997.

I hope Direct TV renews the contract so I don’t have to change a bunch of crap (I’d drop Direct TV because I only have it for the football). But Youtube? Who the hell wants to watch a game on the friggin computer? I have the Wii and can get youtube on that but I would have to buy 6 Wii’s.

Simply put and I’m sure alot of you would agree: If Direct TV does not offer the Sunday Ticket they will be bankrupt in less than a year with all of the cancellations.

And screw Redzone. Only fantasy players who go to the mall with thier wives every Sunday watch that crap. Die Hard fans watch the Sunday Ticket and the whole friggin game.

71. rcali says: Aug 21, 2013 3:47 PM

DirectTV needs to figure out how NFL.com does such an amazing job of providing online games.

72. judsonjr says: Aug 21, 2013 3:55 PM

Depending on your situation Google might not be someone to root for. I fear for how blackout rules would be handled.

Example, this year I was watching a game at home on DirecTV. Part way through the game, I have to take the kids to a birthday party. I try to see what’s happening on the game on the mobile version and can’t because there is a blackout to protect the home market.

Note this wasn’t a “no sellout” blackout, it was a “this game is the one being shown opposite the home team on free tv” blackout.

73. pancaketaco says: Aug 21, 2013 3:59 PM

Sounds good on paper but what about bandwidth, resolution issues and if you have an older TV non”smart” TV how do you get the feed?

How pissed are you going to be when your game buffers at a critical point.

Lastly, I had Time Warner in the past and have DirecTV for years…Here’s the big difference…not once have I needed a tech to come to my house for DTV.

74. theuglitruth says: Aug 21, 2013 4:00 PM

Don’t kid yourself…the fact that the NFL has added another bidder doesn’t mean the cost will go down. The “rights” to broadcast the games is set by the NFL. Adding a second bidder drives the price up!

75. nickster31 says: Aug 21, 2013 4:17 PM

IF DirecTV decides to not get the exclusive, it WILL be the end of DirecTV. The ONLY reason anyone has that POS service is because they have no choice if they want to see their team.

I hope it does go to the Google/Youtube format. I gave up on ALL Cable already. Run everything through the internet.

The Netflix/Hulu+ combination for a grand total of $16 per month, along with an off air antenna, and I get everything I need. Yes, there will be games that I have to go to the sports bar to watch, but in comparison to the insane monthly bill? No problem.

Go with what ever cable provider has the fastest internet in your area, get their top of the line internet, and you will save over $100 per month.

76. godsowncrunk says: Aug 21, 2013 8:57 PM

I’m not a fan of DirecTV’s pricing, but it’s worth it, at least to me. I live in flyover country yet get every Giants game and Seawhawks game, and that’s what I want to watch other than the major matchups. RedZone is shiite to me, never watch it. FWIW, I’d prefer Ticket to stay on DTV – if it goes elsewhere, so will I.

77. larrydavid7000 says: Aug 21, 2013 9:20 PM

Red Zone Sucks!!!! I only have the package to watch my Beloved Redskins.!!!

78. dumbhobby says: Aug 21, 2013 11:20 PM

kingdm8 | Aug 21, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT

It takes an extreme storm to cut out tv, and if so, the ST app works great. Of course this is beside the fact that if you go to a bar, they will be using…Directv for the games.

79. orcahawk says: Aug 22, 2013 1:33 PM

So fans in rural areas will get screwed.

If Google gets Sunday Ticket then all the folks in the country will have to get high-speed internet service in order to watch Sunday Ticket.

I can just hear the modems firing up now beep beep boop beep boop boop boop SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Happy days !

80. Ray Anthony & Associates - Internet Marketing & Advertising Strategies For The 21st Century. says: Aug 22, 2013 8:54 PM

Please Buy It Google!!!!!