Arian Foster says he’ll be ready for regular season

Miami Dolphins v Houston Texans Getty Images

The Houston Texans activated running back Arian Foster off the physically unable to perform list on Wednesday. Foster has been sidelined with a back issue throughout the entirety of training camp.

With the season opener less than three weeks away, Foster has a short amount of time to get up to speed for the start of the regular season. However, Foster feels he’ll be ready to go even if he doesn’t see any preseason action.

I’m not a huge fan of preseason,” Foster said, via Kristie Rieken of the Associated Press.  “I feel like I’ll be ready for Sept. 9 without (it). I’ve just got to get myself acclimated.”

Head coach Gary Kubiak shared the same sentiments.

“I don’t think it’s a must that he carry the ball in preseason to be ready for San Diego,” Kubiak said.

Whatever it takes him to get ready, the Texans need Foster healthy for the start of the season. Foster has run for over 1,200 yards in each of the last three seasons for the Texans and amassed 41 touchdowns over that span.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill
7 Responses to “Arian Foster says he’ll be ready for regular season”
  1. hutch119 says: Aug 22, 2013 3:34 AM

“I’m not a huge of the per-season”

Big words for a guy who got his big break because of strong pre season play…

2. larrydavid7000 says: Aug 22, 2013 6:55 AM

I say I am going to draft Alfred Morris before this China Doll in fantasy Football.

3. exboomer says: Aug 22, 2013 7:44 AM

So Foster’s back suddenly is alright now that TC is over…IT’S A MIRACLE!!

4. theghostofberniekosar says: Aug 22, 2013 8:49 AM

He went vegan last year and hasn’t been healthy since.

5. 8to80texansblog says: Aug 22, 2013 10:06 AM

larrydavid7000 says:
    Aug 22, 2013 6:55 AM

______________________

Of course you will Redskins homer….

If anyone needs to skip training camp its Foster. He led the league in carries last year and obviously the load is taking its toll. To be honest I’d rather see him not take a single snap in the pre-season. Need to get Tate the work anyway and still have to solidify the 3rd string guy.

6. bluenose1965 says: Aug 22, 2013 11:29 AM

He hasn’t been vegan for almost a year, but don’t let facts get in the way.

Kubiak is ultra-conservative. Have you seen the number of pre-season injuries this year? The Texans are using the new training camp PUP list to lower the risk of injury. Foster, Reed, Mercilus etc. will all be there when the season starts.

7. sdflash2006 says: Aug 22, 2013 4:19 PM

Foster doesn’t need to carry the ball to be ready for opening day. If this is not an indictment of the NFL preseason, I don’t know what would be.

The NFL continues to force these games on season ticket holders at regular season prices with a straight face. They need to eliminate at least two of these games and dramatically reduce the price of the remaining games they continue to play. Given the obscene amounts of money made by NFL franchises, mostly played in stadiums subsidized by the public, wouldn’t it be nice to offer these preseason games at affordable prices to fans who can’t afford regular season tickets?

Fat chance.