Greg Little on speeding: It was a mindless effort on my behalf

Greg Little AP

Browns wide receiver Greg Little needs to play fast on the field, but he has to slow down off of it.

Little has been cited twice for speeding in the last few months, including an April incident when he crashed his car while traveling 127 miles per hour. Little was then cited again earlier this week for going 81 MPH in a 60 MPH zone with expired plates on his car, which he called “a mindless effort on my behalf” while acknowledging that he needs to take the pedal off the metal in the future.

“It’s obviously something that I’ve got to take very seriously and slow my speeds down and be cautious of others on the road,” Little said, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “I could have seriously put my life and other lives in danger.”

Little’s fellow wide receiver Josh Gordon was also cited for speeding in both April and May, but he did not meet with reporters on Thursday.

Coach Rob Chudzinski said that both players have been made aware that their behavior is “not acceptable” but declined to say whether there was any team discipline handed down. Both receivers will be in the starting lineup when the Browns face the Colts on Saturday.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
19 Responses to “Greg Little on speeding: It was a mindless effort on my behalf”
  1. karlton3 says: Aug 22, 2013 5:21 PM

Should have gone with “but I was only a little speeding”.

2. thegreatgabbert says: Aug 22, 2013 5:37 PM

He will send an apology to Mothers Against Dumb Drivers as well.

3. mackcarrington says: Aug 22, 2013 5:52 PM

They should make Prius’s mandatory for pro athletes. There wouldn’t be a chance of them going over 100 mph.

4. jakec4 says: Aug 22, 2013 5:54 PM

If this is your team biggest problem you’re doing okay. Look at the Broncos.

5. whodey420 says: Aug 22, 2013 5:57 PM

Not only are his hands made of stone but apparently his right foot too!!

Damn, that was too easy!!

6. onebucplace says: Aug 22, 2013 6:03 PM

Oh wow, a young man drives fast.

How about this, your speed limit is based on how crappy your car is. I have a Corvette and a Cadillac, why am I stuck in the same category as the soccer mom in her minivan. Change the laws already, if you’re driving fast but not dangerously there is no problem.

7. slizzyslizz says: Aug 22, 2013 7:07 PM

81 in a 60…probably going a lot faster and that’s what he got “hooked up” with.

8. NoobTubeTV says: Aug 22, 2013 7:16 PM

Gordon is being stupid.. considering he is already in enough trouble.

#FactoryOfSadness

9. jthammerstix says: Aug 22, 2013 7:34 PM

Well he didn’t hernandize anyone

10. motobus says: Aug 22, 2013 7:40 PM

I guarantee everyone posting here has sped like this more than once.

11. brownsfan33 says: Aug 22, 2013 8:09 PM

Well motobus, I for one haven’t driven 127 miles per hour and risked the lives of others, including children, who share the road with me. Behavior such as Little’s puts the safety and lives of other people in danger and is simply unacceptable. Speeding a few miles per hour over the speed limit is one thing. Driving at a speed that makes a vehicle very difficult to control and adds extra danger to others on the road is another. It demonstrates a lack of respect for other human beings.

12. raynman49 says: Aug 22, 2013 8:10 PM

I don’t know moto, my car wouldn’t do 100 if I drove it off a cliff!

13. thereyougo2 says: Aug 22, 2013 8:55 PM

Not many people in their twenties like to speed. So rare!

14. hatesycophants says: Aug 22, 2013 10:17 PM

How is it that lunkheads still equate speed with recklessness and a lack of control? “WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN? WON’T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN? ??”

You are an alarmist whiner. Stop.

15. charger383 says: Aug 22, 2013 11:24 PM

get rid of radar, it is not about safety, it is a way to take money

16. hines86for6 says: Aug 23, 2013 2:15 AM

let’s give them a little slack here…. what else is there to do in Cleveland on a Friday night?

17. steelerben says: Aug 23, 2013 9:46 AM

whodey420 says:
    Aug 22, 2013 5:57 PM
    Not only are his hands made of stone but apparently his right foot too!!

Damn, that was too easy!!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hands of stone and feet of lead. They build them to last out in Cleveland.

18. dws123 says: Aug 23, 2013 3:23 PM

If Little can translate his 2011 season into the courtroom he won’t have any trouble getting those charges dropped.

19. bobsacamano2 says: Aug 23, 2013 6:16 PM

Alright, these guys are pro athletes and therefore fall into a different category of scrutiny than the rest of us (like politicians, celebrities, etc). Now that that is out of the way, the guy got a speeding ticket. A SPEEDING TICKET. Yep, shouldn’t have done it. It was stupid, broke the law, and was dangerous. But let’s stop with the whole indictment of his entire character, please.

This is a fifth degree misdemeanor (if it sticks) and a fourth degree misdemeanor (if BOTH tickets stick). Lets focus on the things that matter, can we please?

Oh, and thanks Baltimore and Pittsburgh trolls for getting to me enough to make me write this. Nobody responds to Cincinnati trolls because they don’t win anything or matter.