Tracy Morgan makes cameo at Ravens camp

2013 Billboard Music Awards - Show Getty Images

To break up the monotony of the early days of training camp, Ravens coach John Harbaugh gave his team the day off and took them to Gettysburg.

Saturday’s entertainment had less historical and military strategy value, but was a touch more contemporary.

According to Matt Vensel of the Baltimore Sun, the Ravens brought comedian Tracy Morgan in to talk to the team today instead of practicing.

The former 30 Rock and Saturday Night Live star was in town to appear at a comedy club with his stand-up act, and gave the team a little break at a time which is stressful for the large portion of the team on the verge of unemployment.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
27 Responses to “Tracy Morgan makes cameo at Ravens camp”
  1. beckzhere says: Aug 24, 2013 2:35 PM

Oh I get it, the Ravens are a joke. Well done Harbaugh!

2. Stiller43 says: Aug 24, 2013 2:36 PM

They brought in a comedian? If they wanted a laugh, they could just watch the offensive game tape vs the panthers.

3. umainebearman says: Aug 24, 2013 2:36 PM

The difference between other teams and the Ravens? Other teams bring in motivational successful people. The ravers bring in a crack head half wit. Yeah that sounds about right.

4. thebrownswillalwaysloose says: Aug 24, 2013 2:48 PM

I would rather have Chris Rock, but hey, still cool I guess
    Or watch the Steelers offense the last few seasons.. That would be good for a laugh, especially the beating Tebow gave them. I remember the days when losers knew when to go away or just shut their mouths. What happened to those days?

5. jakec4 says: Aug 24, 2013 2:53 PM

John loves him some Gettysburg. I guess all the new faces on the team haven’t heard it yet.

6. killakam4952 says: Aug 24, 2013 2:54 PM

Need a break I guess

7. bmoreravens1012013 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:03 PM

Good job John. Kudos to you sir for being open minded, spontaneous, and entertaining. Therefore, further motivating your team to want to play for you even more. The haters and dimwits don’t understand that because they are too subjective.

8. vwbrown19 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:05 PM

Aww how sweet coach took them on a field trip.

9. hines86for6 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:06 PM

Tracy Morgan isn’t funny.

10. youarejealousof6rings says: Aug 24, 2013 3:11 PM

The Ravens organization is a sufficient joke.

11. ravens533 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:18 PM

Glad we have a coach that can feel the mood in the locker room and does something to change it. Right now the locker room is probably very tense with the cuts coming up. He just wanted them to get in a few more laughs and relax a little. He is unconventional, always has been. Remember he is the coach that completely rearranged the locker room when he first got here. I’ll take his unconventional ways. After all his has been to the playoffs in all of his first 5 years as a head coach and won a SB as well.

12. bmorelikeray52 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:18 PM

It’s hilararious seeing all these ravens haters anxiously jumping on every post trying to hate on the Ravens. #pathetic

13. tremoluxman says: Aug 24, 2013 3:22 PM

Morgan – Least funny guy in America.

14. rockthered1286 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:32 PM

Tracy Morgans stand up is actually much better than 30 Rock. But I expect the same morons who call the Ravens organization pathetic and a joke to also call out a comedian go they’ve never seen live because it helps their cause.

15. Stiller43 says: Aug 24, 2013 3:39 PM

Bmorelikeray52,

Whats pathetic is supporting a man who was charged with murder and later convicted of obstructing justice in a double murder case. #thisisnttwittersostopisinghashtags

16. Nofoolnodrool says: Aug 24, 2013 4:12 PM

thebrownswillalwaysloose says:
    Aug 24, 2013 2:48 PM
    I would rather have Chris Rock, but hey, still cool I guess

16 6 I guess you are living proof those days are gone

Actually a good move on Harbaughs part…it’s called bonding.

17. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 24, 2013 4:13 PM

What an innovative idea! Kudos to John Harbaugh and the great Ravens organization for coming up with new ways to motivate the team. Obviously, it’s working. Ravens are Superbowl Champs and Steelers, for instance, couldn’t even put together a winning season. I guess Tomlin’s idea will be to show the Steelers reruns of Gilligans Island. “I realize we have someone (Roethlisbooger) on the team that keeps screwing up,” says Tomlin. “But we still have to keep trying to get off this island (out of the AFCN basement).”

18. mistersmith22 says: Aug 24, 2013 6:26 PM

Stiller43 says:
    Aug 24, 2013 3:39 PM
    Bmorelikeray52,

———-

1) It wasn’t a murder. Justifiable self-defense was the court ruling.
    2) “Charged” is a long way from “did anything.” Here’s hoping you never fit the description.

19. wwwmattcom says: Aug 24, 2013 6:26 PM

Seems like something the Steelers would have done.

20. Nofoolnodrool says: Aug 24, 2013 6:41 PM

1) It wasn’t a murder. Justifiable self-defense was the court ruling.

Ya, I think I get what you mean…. Just like OJ ….oh okay that’s cool.

21. scoobies05 says: Aug 24, 2013 8:21 PM

so in a story about tracy morgan and the ravens, stiller43 brings up ray lewis? now thats a troll. and nofool…i thought we had a sort of truce going on?

22. Nofoolnodrool says: Aug 24, 2013 8:32 PM

scoobies05 says:
    Aug 24, 2013 8:21 PM

0 0 We do. I suggested you lay off yesterday about Joe and Ray as I did. It hurt me to do that it ..sigh …you didn’t notice and and I am,crushed. Hey Ray Lewis is your cross to carry not mine… But damn you got to e getting tired defending such a polarizing figure.

23. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 24, 2013 9:13 PM

Scoobie, was your truce with vasteelerfan, olddirtyman, Nofool or all three?

24. scoobies05 says: Aug 25, 2013 10:52 PM

truce was with nofool. and nope….it never gets tireseome defending him. i am just giving out the truth. people need to read more than just headlinesw

25. Joemontanaflacco says: Aug 26, 2013 10:37 AM

It’s really sad that nofool/vasteelerfan/olddirtyman is trolling every Ravens post just to bring up the great Ray Lewis. Most people stopped with the Ray and Roethlisbooger jokes, but Nofool/vasteelerfan/olddirtyman can’t seem to stop acting out. For an old gasbag, nofool/vasteelerfan/olddirtyman hasn’t learned much, including how to follow rules and honor agreements. Dishonorable.

26. bunkmcnulty says: Aug 26, 2013 12:31 PM

Stiller43 throwing stones in a glass house that has Big Ben in one of the rooms.

Ben has had his share of accusations thrown at him also. And as a Ravens fan, I have defended Ben for his stupid things saying that young single men with a feeling of privilege and having abundant money do the ultimate in stupid things. I hate to think what I would have done in my 20′s with that kind of money and privilege. Ray Lewis was guilty of hanging with the wrong crowd and then not being honest with what he knew. Obstruction. How many young guys “narc” on their friends? Can you honestly answer that question.

I am not saying it was right. But as I said about Ben, I will say about Ray. Sure, you want to pick on a man when he is down, that’s easy. But the measure of a person is what they do to recover from their low point. Ray has done a lot for charity, a lot for other players in the league (as a sounding board, Big Ben included) as they have faced issues, and been the model of hard work and straightening up one’s path in life. I know the religion is too much for many, but I have to say it made a difference in Ray.

I think Ben has turned his life around too, is now married, and appears to have settled down.

Stiller43, the double murder line is easy, but it’s tired. Your ignorance totally ignores what has happened since Atlanta in Ray Lewis’ life and the lives of people he touches.

You know, you can hate a team, and hate a player. I do it every day. But to not take into account the sum of what a man has done is ignorant. So do you go Easy and Ignorant, or Informed. You choose your path with your next post. But your own house has issues. Remember that.

27. scoobies05 says: Aug 26, 2013 1:37 PM

bunk….outstanding post. keep up the good work