Darren McFadden says he wants to stay with Raiders

Darren McFadden AP

If the Oakland Raiders want Darren McFadden, Darren McFadden wants to be a Oakland Raider.

According to Scott Bair of CSNBayArea.com, McFadden expressed his desire to remain with the Raiders after his contract expires at the end of the season.

I love being a Raider,” McFadden said. “As long as they want to bring me back and have me here for as long as they want to have me – I love being a Raider, and I’m here.”

McFadden says the Raiders have not reached out about an extension as of yet, so for now McFadden is playing for his next contract.

McFadden’s biggest issue has been staying healthy. He’s missed 16 games over the last three season alone. If he can stay on the field and produce for the Raiders this season. The contract should end up taking care of itself.

“It’s all about playing football,” McFadden said. “If I take care of my business and do what I’m supposed to do, everything else will fall in line.”

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
34 Responses to “Darren McFadden says he wants to stay with Raiders”
  1. atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Aug 27, 2013 11:40 PM

These two losers deserve each other.

2. officialgame says: Aug 27, 2013 11:45 PM

Why?

3. allidoiswin55 says: Aug 27, 2013 11:47 PM

Dude just stay healthy, I was forced to pick you in fantasy where I was bc of risk and reward. Win me some money fool, don’t get hurt. Lol

4. tech831 says: Aug 27, 2013 11:49 PM

If TP2 can run the read option with success watch out for a breakout year for McFadden and have a monster year!

5. aaroncurryisbust says: Aug 27, 2013 11:51 PM

I still remember my jaw dropping when they wasted the 4th overall pick on him. Good player but RB was like the very last thing they needed, and their subsequent season records prove it.

6. calibear831 says: Aug 27, 2013 11:53 PM

What happened to the report that said that the Raiders had offered Darren McFadden a contract extension? but he later declined it because the offer was too low so he decided to pull a joe flacco n let his contract year decide what he’s worth

7. nomoreseasontix says: Aug 27, 2013 11:54 PM

If you want to stay a Raider, you’ll have to do better than 3 YPC and start way more than 7 or 8 games.
    Actually, you’ll need to do that to get a contract almost anywhere…

8. realhoove50 says: Aug 28, 2013 12:01 AM

That’s a poor decision

9. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Aug 28, 2013 12:07 AM

He’s so injury-prone that he injured his brain.

10. MyTeamsAllStink says: Aug 28, 2013 12:18 AM

If the NFL season was just 4 games long he’d be the best back in the game.

11. drewzducks says: Aug 28, 2013 12:18 AM

The statement “I love being a Raider” could just as easily read “I don’t mind losing”.

12. jkr32 says: Aug 28, 2013 12:42 AM

Why?

13. swaggyy says: Aug 28, 2013 12:44 AM

Go across the bay to the niners. They lack talent at the RB position.

14. sickoe47 says: Aug 28, 2013 1:19 AM

Reggie mckenzie to mcfadden; manage to survive a full season then we’ll talk.

15. SouthTexasRaider says: Aug 28, 2013 1:26 AM

Just stay healthy man, we need you!

16. souldogdave says: Aug 28, 2013 1:30 AM

So far, meh. Better start looking good or it will be bye-bye-baby for Darren. Too little too late if he doesn’t absolutely rock this upcoming season.

17. bmoreravens1012013 says: Aug 28, 2013 1:31 AM

When I first looked at the headline, it didn’t catch me because I thought I read something different. Low and behold , I couldn’t believe my eyes. Did I just see that a player actually likes being a Raider? To my chagrin , I did. But then I thought about said player and its Mr McFadden. I said to myself maybe he likes it so much because he misses a lot of games and its easy money and not too many teams will pay top dollar for a banged up ,( although explosive when healthy) rb. Yup its official, he is playing his cards and mucking up to upper management so he can do what Jamarcus did: Rob them without a gun.

18. claymatthewshairplugs says: Aug 28, 2013 1:36 AM

Right after the press conference, McFadden suffered a broken toe nail and will miss 6-8 weeks.

19. ithinkipeedmyself says: Aug 28, 2013 1:45 AM

I’d love being a Raider, too. Lots of money for very little work. I’ll take less talent…more heart. Any day. “McFakin'”

20. r8dernation says: Aug 28, 2013 1:58 AM

I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

21. natelan says: Aug 28, 2013 3:55 AM

Masochist.

22. cantstanzi25 says: Aug 28, 2013 4:32 AM

Couple weeks ago i read that the raiders Offered D Mac a contract to stay here with the Raiders after this season..im not sure what it was but it said that D Mac turned it down because he was gambling that with a good healthy season he would get top dollar by showing his talents…Being a Raider fan all I know is I would love D Mac to stay i know hes a top notch running back i seen him play healthy 2 years ago when at the half way point he lead the NFL in rushing yards until he got hurt.i have all the confidence in D Mac I want him to stay because we need his talents and his leadership..mark my word with Darren M healthy the Raiders will be a threat to win the AFC not just the west but the conferance ..I really hope we keep him and he has a great season the dude is a football player the total package man

23. papertiger418 says: Aug 28, 2013 5:20 AM

And here I thought he was willing to bet on himself this year…

24. stoogy says: Aug 28, 2013 6:41 AM

can he run hard and violent with out getting banged up? I really hope so one of the most exciting RB in the NFL when healthy. Him and TP2 can create a real excitement pact game.

25. JMClarkent says: Aug 28, 2013 7:09 AM

Other than a long injury history and a complete lack of halfback vision, he is the ideal running back.

26. snowman36 says: Aug 28, 2013 7:55 AM

The raiders version of Steven Jackson.

27. neraider says: Aug 28, 2013 8:18 AM

What about Darin’s article on August 9th on this very site?

In the article it states “According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, the Raiders “checked in” with McFadden about a contract extension, but he preferred to wait until after this season in hopes of a better deal.”

So which is it?

28. williamwallacewouldhavebeenaraider says: Aug 28, 2013 8:22 AM

I know I may think differently than most. If he plays 15-16 games ill tend to look at it like he toughed it out because of his contract yr. While all the other yrs he didn’t

29. slick50ks says: Aug 28, 2013 8:54 AM

No one else would want that broken down bust.

Should have kept Bush, and dumped this guy.

30. boogiedownmusic says: Aug 28, 2013 9:15 AM

McFadden should put in a FULL season before even thinking about a new contract. If the Raiders are smart they won’t give him a max deal or anything close to one.

31. jjackwagon says: Aug 28, 2013 9:21 AM

He’s missed 16 games over the last three seasons or he missed one whole season spread over three years. Wish I could miss that much work and still have a job. No wonder he wants to stay in Oakland.

32. nananatman says: Aug 28, 2013 11:10 AM

“Sounds like a concussion, does he know where he is?”

“Where are you?”

“Oakland.”

“Well it’s not a concussion.”

“Do we have dementia protocols?”

“Are we getting sued for dementia?”

33. jimmyjames65 says: Aug 28, 2013 10:12 PM

The Raiders suck.

34. masterblaster78 says: Aug 29, 2013 6:30 AM

WOW, my comments won’t even be posted. McFadden will have a decent year and won’t play the hurt card so he can get more money offered to him, then once he gets that contract, it’ll resort back to the same old thing. Missed games because his wheel is broke or shoulder. Most players do this just to get money, then lose interest in the game. Watch and see………