Broncos expect big things from Rodgers-Cromartie

DRC Getty Images

The Broncos attracted cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie to Denver by telling him about his flaws.  And now they expect him to get rid of them.

We’ve been pleased with him thus far,” coach John Fox recently said of Rodgers-Cromartie, via Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post.

Former Broncos safety John Lynch has gushed about Rodgers-Cromartie’s performance in the preseason, which will need to carry over to the regular season — especially if Champ Bailey’s foot injury keeps him from playing one week from tonight.

“First of all, maybe there was a little message sent out on his part,” Lynch said of Rodgers-Cromartie, via Hochman.  “People like myself were critical of him last year because he wasn’t really physical, and a lot was going on in Philly, but from Day One, he’s shown [physicality].  He came up and popped someone last week and there was a little extra on it.  I think they’ve done a great job of demanding that out of him.  You’ve got a rare size-speed-athleticism combo, and in camp he’s been phenomenal.”

Rodgers-Cromartie also isn’t short on confidence.  His nickname is “Git.”  Short for “Legit.”

“I’m too legit to quit, baby, I ain’t ever going to stop,” Rodgers-Cromartie said.  “I’m going to keep pushing and fighting.  I remember that song, and I’m a dancer, so that song has a nice beat, tempo to it, gets you moving a little bit.  I’d still dance to it to this day.”

Broncos fans hope he’ll be dancing after an interception or two next Thursday, or preferably after the Broncos start the season by beating the defending Super Bowl champions who vaulted to the title game with the help of shoddy secondary play in Denver.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
15 Responses to “Broncos expect big things from Rodgers-Cromartie”
  1. 8bithero12 says: Aug 29, 2013 9:16 AM

What an idiot.

2. bwisnasky says: Aug 29, 2013 9:40 AM

Legit? Unlike his many children? What’s with this organization and collecting guys who can’t seem to understand basic birth control? Travis Henry, Rodgers Cromartie… Hey, maybe they can turn Evander Holyfield or Shawn Kemp into a football fan… that would add another 11 illegitimate people to their fan base…..

3. parasolmonster says: Aug 29, 2013 10:02 AM

I used to be legit. In fact, I was too legit. I was too legit to quit. But now I’m not legit. I’m unlegit. And for that reason, I must quit.

4. eaglesfan036 says: Aug 29, 2013 10:06 AM

He has so much talent and looked great at times last year, but also looked below average at times too. If he can stay consistent he could be a solid #1 corner.

5. mmckenzie6 says: Aug 29, 2013 10:07 AM

Think you got him confused with his Cousin Antonio.

6. jaredo10 says: Aug 29, 2013 10:09 AM

DRC is a professional CB but his problem is he’s not consistant will make a nice int one seris then will get beat the rest of the game. seen it many times

7. bmorepositive123 says: Aug 29, 2013 10:14 AM

So did the Eagles…

8. nitro276 says: Aug 29, 2013 10:22 AM

As an Eagles fan, I would rather have DRC than Cary Williams or Bradley Fletcher. Williams is overhyped. Fletcher who? DRC could have been coached up under Kelly. The Broncos got it right.

9. bwisnasky says: Aug 29, 2013 10:23 AM

Yes I did.. my bad… and I apologize…..

10. ravenschick says: Aug 29, 2013 12:53 PM

Trust me, he won’t be doing any dancing one week from tonight.

11. mungman69 says: Aug 29, 2013 1:12 PM

It all depends on where his head is. Is it geared to the football game or will it be up his ass.

12. gromgrimfist says: Aug 29, 2013 1:48 PM

DRC has the talent to be great, size speed hands but he wants to make the big play all the time but forgets to make the routine plays misses tackles, bites on the double move, gets lost with his eyes in the backfield at times. He will have 3-4 wow moments a game but have 6-7 wtf moments too. I still wish the birds had him though DRC and Williams with Boykin in the slot Chung and ??? I hope we trade for Byrd that would be a nice secondary

13. slick50ks says: Aug 29, 2013 2:14 PM

Good luck with that.

This whole franchise is barely hanging on by a thread. It’s getting ready to break in mid season.

14. guitarkevin says: Aug 30, 2013 8:18 AM

9/5/13 can’t get here soon enough.

15. crownofthehelmet says: Aug 30, 2013 10:37 AM

His jubilation comes from watching tape of the ravens passing game.