Skip to content

Zoltan Mesko says farewell to the Patriots

Robert Kraft, Zoltan Mesko AP

The Patriots have punted their punter of the last three seasons.

Zoltan Mesko posted a statement thanking the Patriots and their fans as “I depart this great organization.” Mesko was set to make $1.323 million this season and was coming off the lowest gross and net punting averages of his career in 2012. Undrafted rookie Ryan Allen is the only punter currently on the Patriots roster, although that could certainly change in the next few days.

Defensive lineman Justin Francis hasn’t posted a goodbye, but multiple reports out of New England say that Francis has been cut as well. Francis had three sacks in 10 games for the Patriots last year, numbers that could make him a candidate to get scooped up on waivers by a team looking for help on the defensive line.

Those reports also have linebacker Ja’Gared Davis, running back George Winn, wide receiver Quentin Sims, safety Kannorris Davis, defensive back Justin Green and offensive lineman Josh Kline on the list of cuts in New England.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New England Patriots, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Zoltan Mesko says farewell to the Patriots”
  1. tim2200 says: Aug 31, 2013 1:04 PM

    Strictly a money move. This guy is a terrific punter and won’t be out of work for long.
    Why Belichick has the hots for mediocre FG kicker Gostkowski is a mystery. He’s the one who needed to go.

  2. billhicks666 says: Aug 31, 2013 1:12 PM

    Nooooooooooo! Not Zoltan!!

  3. surfinbird1 says: Aug 31, 2013 1:29 PM

    Always about the deal not about the player.

  4. vicnocal says: Aug 31, 2013 1:31 PM

    Now he can get a job as a Bond villain.

  5. dalcow4 says: Aug 31, 2013 2:24 PM

    Great guy. Wish him the best.

  6. dlbpatsfan says: Aug 31, 2013 2:39 PM

    Not the Zoltan!

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Not a member? Register now!