Deer antler spray sellers’ offices raided

Super Bowl XLVII Media Day Getty Images

The term “deer antler spray” became the talk of the NFL for a day or two in the week before the Super Bowl, then disappeared from our collective consciousness. Now law-enforcement authorities may be trying to make the makers of deer antler spray go away.

Alabama news site AL.com is reporting that investigators with the Alabama Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Office and Jefferson County Sheriff’s deputies raided S.W.A.T.S. Fitness and Performance, the company that sells deer antler spray. A temporary restraining order has also been issued, allowing court-appointed receivers to seize the company’s assets.

The Alabama attorney general’s office alleges that S.W.A.T.S. has committed more than 200 violations of Alabama’s deceptive trade practices act.

S.W.A.T.S owner Mitch Ross, who relished in the publicity during Super Bowl week when it was reported that he had provided Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis with deer antler spray, was seen outside as lawmen seized his business.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
23 Responses to “Deer antler spray sellers’ offices raided”
  1. johnelwayishorsefaced says: Sep 5, 2013 6:58 PM

What if you were a murderer and a deer antler spray abuser?

2. swaggyy says: Sep 5, 2013 7:02 PM

In other news, I got a crap load of homework

3. favresweiner says: Sep 5, 2013 7:03 PM

They should have asked Ray if he knew a good place to get rid of their evidence.

4. mrbigass says: Sep 5, 2013 7:21 PM

What about those poor deer locked in cages while child labor is used to squeeze out that antler juice…….

5. lovinthatsomanyhateonnd says: Sep 5, 2013 7:25 PM

and Bamas best kept secret will remain one most likely cause i doubt the cops want to be know as the ones who helped take down the great nick saban…cheat on SEC, cheat on

6. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 5, 2013 7:25 PM

At least now we know why Lewis declined the invite to tonight’s game.

7. thebigtim2012 says: Sep 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Cheat on sec? Yea your right no other conference ever has any violations ever. Good call.

8. c1md6 says: Sep 5, 2013 7:54 PM

Can someone explain how deer antler spray helps athletic performance? I’m not being facetious I just don’t get the anabolic effect it could create?

9. durkland says: Sep 5, 2013 7:59 PM

c1md6: It turns you into a deer, they run fast.

10. idealisticapathetic says: Sep 5, 2013 8:06 PM

Let’s not lose sight of who the real victims are here: those poor, innocent, antler-less deer.

11. rgwhodey says: Sep 5, 2013 8:22 PM

@johnelwayishorsefaced says: Sep 5, 2013 6:58 PM

What if you were a murderer and a deer antler spray abuser?

You get a job with ESPN and elected to the HOF… Welcome to America…

Just sayin’

12. ampatsisahypocrite says: Sep 5, 2013 8:58 PM

According to Ravens fans, you were a wacky conspiracy theorist if you thought this looked bad for Ray Lewis last year. On the other hand, Ray’s Super Bowl on-purpose blackout theory is ENTIRELY possible and you’re completely justified to believe in it!

13. mcjon22 says: Sep 5, 2013 9:09 PM

Killed Bambi’s Mom all over again

14. indycolts1984 says: Sep 5, 2013 10:03 PM

I use and love deer antler spray…….it’s a completely natural supp that the Feds hate because it just so happens to work unlike the garbage they sell on bodybuilding.com.

15. jcmeyer10 says: Sep 5, 2013 10:25 PM

My shipment better not be delayed because of this.

16. johnelwayishorsefaced says: Sep 5, 2013 10:31 PM

rgwhodey says:
    Sep 5, 2013 8:22 PM
    @johnelwayishorsefaced says: Sep 5, 2013 6:58 PM

What if you were a murderer and a deer antler spray abuser?

You get a job with ESPN and elected to the HOF… Welcome to America…

Just sayin’

Trust me broseph I know all about Merica. I went to the grocery store today and two women walked directly in front of me and cut me in line then when I went outside to eat the food I got from the salad bar the people at the table on either side of me were yelling on their cell phones and I had to go eat outside.
    That doesn’t make any of it right or cool. Create your own reality. Don’t just give in because you live in Murica.

17. beerbudsnbevo says: Sep 5, 2013 11:23 PM

Great job.

Cause God knows we don’t have a Meth or Heroine or Prescription Pill problem in America.

Sheesh.

18. thetooloftools says: Sep 5, 2013 11:33 PM

Bambi killers ! damn it to hell. (I’m kidding).

19. demjoneses says: Sep 5, 2013 11:49 PM

@rgwhodey
    @johnelwayisahorsefaced

I bet you don’t even know half of the details of that murder case.

Idiots speaking on issues they have no knowledge of… Welcome to America.

Just sayin’

20. ivanpavlov0000 says: Sep 6, 2013 12:30 AM

I wonder how many of these guys got confused and sprayed on buck scent instead of deer antler spray?

21. steelerben says: Sep 6, 2013 12:57 PM

c1md6 says:
    Sep 5, 2013 7:54 PM

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The active ingredient is IGF-1, which is the chemical that causes deer’s antlers to grow so quickly. The idea is that the chemical will stimulate the growth of muscle and bone density, along the same lines as HGH. This is scientifically unproven.

22. tubad4ya says: Sep 7, 2013 10:10 AM

Deer antler spray is a joke, just as were the several other fraudulent products these guys were selling, like those dumb hologram bracelets and some device called a ‘concussion cap’ that is supposed to (and doesn’t) protect against concussions.

These were just a pair of fraudsters who are getting what they deserved.

23. gowhitten says: Sep 7, 2013 2:18 PM

The term “dumb athlete” comes to mind…