Bears entering Week One in good health

Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Martellus Bennett, Matt Blanchard AP

No matter where the 2013 Chicago Bears go from here, let the record show they began the regular season with pretty close to a full deck from a roster perspective.

According to Larry Mayer of ChicagoBears.com, the Bears don’t list anyone on their Friday injury report. And as Adam Caplan of ESPN noted, the Bears are the only of the 32 clubs not to report any injuries this week. Indeed, Chicago was the only team that didn’t list a player on the leaguewide injury report released on Thursday.

The Bears did lose veteran cornerback Kelvin Hayden (hamstring) for the season in August.

The Bears’ Week One opponent, Cincinnati, lists eight players on its injury report, with starting left tackle Andrew Whitworth (doubtful) after missing practice for a third consecutive day. Bengals backup cornerback Brandon Ghee (concussion) and reserve guard Mike Pollak (knee) are out.

Every other Bengals player on the injury report is probable, with starting defensive end Carlos Dunlap (concussion), starting right tackle Andre Smith (knee), tight end Tyler Eifert (forearm), cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion) and defensive tackle Devon Still (knee) all practicing fully on Friday.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Home, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Bears entering Week One in good health”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 3:58 PM

And they’ll leave weak one with a pouty QB.

Bengals 21, Bears 17

2. tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 4:03 PM

Week*

3. kabasaman says: Sep 6, 2013 4:03 PM

This should be one of the best match ups of the week. It will see what this offense is all about for the Bears going up against one of the top defenses in the AFC. Super anxious just as everyone else is too. “Let the games begin”

4. Waffle 2.0 says: Sep 6, 2013 4:12 PM

tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 3:58 PM

And they’ll leave weak one with a pouty QB.
    ———————————————-

He’s acts like a girl when he is crossed or annoyed by the media. Luckily Green Bay media leaves him alone. He could probably mack on some teens in a hot tub at junior prom and still be elected mayor of Green Bay.

5. thinkarez says: Sep 6, 2013 4:13 PM

who dey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-0!!!

6. 2difshoe says: Sep 6, 2013 4:25 PM

Waffle says:

” He could probably mack on some teens in a hot tub.”

Waffle, what is ‘mack’ ….is that cheese or something?

7. tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 4:49 PM

Ahahaha

Thumbs down because I think the bears will lose?

Sorry I’m not sorry.

The lions will be the only NFC north team that wins this week.

Pains me to say it, but that’s what I think.

8. theoriginalbvan says: Sep 6, 2013 4:49 PM

This Packer owner says, BEAR DOWN!
    (at least for this week)

9. t8ertot says: Sep 6, 2013 5:12 PM

WHO DEY

10. mdbengal says: Sep 6, 2013 5:39 PM

2difshoe

Really? Are you 12? Was that a joke?

11. dino2997 says: Sep 6, 2013 5:45 PM

Packer trolls will have comfort in knowing their team shares the bottom of the division with the Vikings after this week. Enjoy it…you might find you have more than that in common.

12. pskotte says: Sep 6, 2013 6:14 PM

The Bengals will be a worthy opponent and will go a long way to determine just how good Da Bears are going to be this year.

13. tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 7:14 PM

pskotte says:
    Sep 6, 2013 6:14 PM

—-

I disagree. I think the bengals are a great team, but the bears won’t be quite in synch enough to beat them. That doesn’t mean they won’t be a playoff team, or that they won’t eventually be great.

It’s just too early to tell.

For my part, I think the bears are 2nd in the division with 11 wins, and make the playoffs.

14. tformation says: Sep 6, 2013 7:42 PM

Someone said: “Bro, no one is a bigger whiny, butthurt , passive aggressive weirdo than Rodgers.”

No, I’m afraid I must disagree. I’m a Bears fan and I think Jay is the best QB we’ve had since Sid Luckman, but no, Cutler is a much more whinier little girl than Rodgers.

I think if Cutler could show 1/10th the sense of humor that Rodgers does, I think he’d be embraced with open arms… but, no…

Love the guy and all…

15. larryboodry says: Sep 6, 2013 8:13 PM

tokyo, I find myself agreeing with you here…While I think the Bears are certainly capable of winning at home against the Bengals, the offense may not be ready to dominate yet as they will when they do hit their stride. I can’t predict the winner, but I’d wager neither team scores 20 points on the other.

16. ososrule says: Sep 7, 2013 2:13 AM

Toyko, 4 posts? Really!

Way to much thought process into the Bears. Focus more on you Fudge….

Oh yea in case you missed this:
    Bengals at Bears

It looks like starting left tackle Andrew Whitworth’s knee injury will keep him out of the Bengals opener. He’s been listed as doubtful, while the team has ruled out CB Brandon Ghee (concussion) and G Mike Pollak (knee). Defensive end Carlos Dunlap (concussion), tight end Tyler Eifert (forearm), cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick (concussion), tackle Andre Smith (knee) and defensive tackle Devon Still (knee) are all probable. The Bears have no players listed on the injury report.

Bears will most likely win.

17. ososrule says: Sep 7, 2013 2:14 AM

your*

18. gmsingh says: Sep 7, 2013 8:15 AM

The Packers have looked awful in the preseason so I expect the fans to complain early and often. If the Bears are as good as they should be they should beat the Bengals by two touchdowns.

19. kansacity88 says: Sep 7, 2013 5:05 PM

Did Rodgers pay up on that salary bet yet??

20. ponderthedumpoffking says: Sep 7, 2013 8:00 PM

gmsingh says:
    Sep 7, 2013 8:15 AM

—–

Tell me more about how awful the Packers have looked in preseason.

Then, point out how relevant Preseason is when projecting regular season success.

Enjoy stupidity,

Sincerely,

Reality

21. chi01town says: Sep 7, 2013 10:06 PM

Chicago has been playing possum all preseason long. Now everybody will see what Trestman has really been up to. the truth is no one really knows.