Vikings announce Kevin Williams out this week

AP

A dirty hit in the second half of a meaningless preseason game will cost Kevin Williams at least one week.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier told reporters after practice that Williams would not be able to play Sunday against the Lions.

Williams was injured when 49ers backup guard Joe Looney dove at his legs. There was no ligament damage from the hit, but his knee was hyperextended.

His absence likely means rookie Sharrif Floyd will start, though he didn’t get much work in the preseason because of his own knee issues.

50 responses to “Vikings announce Kevin Williams out this week

1. tokyosandblaster says:
    Sep 6, 2013 2:03 PM
    Lions 38, Vikings 10.
    ——
    49ers 108 – Packers 3

There, I can be just as senseless as well.

2. contra74 says:Sep 6, 2013 2:10 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Sep 6, 2013 2:03 PM
    Lions 38, Vikings 10.
    ——
    49ers 108 – Packers 3

There, I can be just as senseless as well.

————

I can play the senseless game, too:

3. Lousy cheap shot by a 49er backup. Hope Floyd is up for the task on Sunday.

Everyone is trashing the Vikings this year, picking them to finish in last place behind Detroit. Hopefully they start proving the experts wrong again on Sunday.

4. yeah I know fwippel I am so sick of hearing that and the packers are going to be on top, they have to earn the top spot, well see who is on top at the end of the season

5. Lions win by 7.

Ponder sucks and Felton not in the lineup hurts more than people realize.

-Vikes fan hoping to get Bridgewater

6. cook was up against your calvin i read and he is in good condition and playing so how do you say lions win.

7. Aww. People all upset that I have an honest projection of Sundays game?

If it makes you feel better, I think the Lions are the only NFC team that wins this week.

Niners 35, Packers 31

8. He wasn’t fined for the hit because it wasn’t illegal. Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

9. Typical NFL. Accidentally hit someone high because they twist or turn at the last second before the hit. FINE! Must protect the players.

Player in position to execute a clean, effective block on a player’s blind side -> instead sloppily goes low and takes out a player’s knee. OK! because of some technicality.

The sooner they get low blocks out the better, it’s just a crutch to help OL that are over matched either in speed or in power.

10. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Sep 6, 2013 2:13 PM

contra74 says:Sep 6, 2013 2:10 PM

tokyosandblaster says:
    Sep 6, 2013 2:03 PM
    Lions 38, Vikings 10.
    ——
    49ers 108 – Packers 3

There, I can be just as senseless as well.

————

“I can play the senseless game, too:

Contra is a great football mind and all I have nothing but the highest respect for his opinions.”

Aren’t you always “playing” the senseless game Mr. Gerbschmidt?

11. Vikes 27 Lions 17………………..Jennings for 1 score……AP for another 2…………..

SKOL!!!!!

Ponder played well against the Lions last year to boot………GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. tokyosandblaster says: Sep 6, 2013 2:24 PM

“Aww. People all upset that I have an honest projection of Sundays game?

Niners 35, Packers 31”

Sadly we might agree on the Lions being the only victorious NFC North team this week Tokyo. Although I don’t see the Vikings losing that badly (by 28). At least I hope not…

13. Regardless the lions win this week by 14. This is not last years Lions.

Add Bush and healthy receivers along with that defensive line, Glover Quinn at safety, a healthy Delmas, plus Ziggy and Slay and the Vikings don’t stand a chance

14. You must expect the same boring crap from the usual cheeser suspects, but what I find mildly interesting are the Lions’ trolls coming out with high expectations just like they did last year — only to have the full weight of pathetic Lions’ history plop squarely down on their limited grasp of reality. The Vikes might not make the playoffs in 2013, but by year’s end their record won’t be worse than the Lions.

15. Vikefan71 what are you talking about that the Packers have to earn it? They have for the past 3 seasons to a tune of 17-1 record in the division. Being that they finished on top other teams are the ones who have to earn it and take it away. Sorry its hard to accept but until someone dethrones them you will continue to hear it.

16. purpleguy says:
    Sep 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Please remember that you said this. Your team’s season was a fluke last year. You will undoubtedly finish last in the division this year. Christian Ponder is your quarterback.
    Can’t wait for Sunday.

17. gbmickey yeah they have to still earn it its not automatic that the packers are on top its a new season,, its anyone game, the vikings have won the division in the past also so its anyones win.

18. I honestly have no idea how the division is going to play out this year (of course, that isn’t to suggest I have a clue any other year…). I could see any team in this division having a monster year. I could also see all of them being of middling success this season. What I can for a fact say is this, the Detroit Lions have by far the worst secondary in the division. If Ponder get’s any time what so ever, this is the game for him to prove he isn’t a complete stooge. Skol Vikes!

19. johnelwayishorsefaced says:Sep 6, 2013 3:51 PM

purpleguy says:
    Sep 6, 2013 3:09 PM

Can’t wait for Sunday.
    ________

That’s kind of funny because that’s exactly what I said about the Lions last year.

20. I don’t begrudge anyone coming out and supporting their team… Lions fans wouldn’t be fans if they weren’t excited. Just like us Viking fans believing Ponder can take the next step with an improved receiving squad.

Every fan should be excited for the new season no matter who they’re cheering for. It’s a new season and I’m sure the Lions will be better than last year.

21. hatesycophants says:
    Sep 6, 2013 4:39 PM
    Vikings fans are crying like little B’tches already. You’re starting to sound an awful lot like Packers fans.
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////

Considering this stream concerns itself primarily with division opponents, and further considering the Packers have dominated the division for a long long time, the cryin’ b_itches would seem to be everyone BUT Packer fans.

22. GenXJay says:
    Sep 6, 2013 6:14 PM
    Tokyo, you’re a regular rain man with #’s.
    Stellar, may I remind you of “The Catch” (or in crybaby bit©h terms “fail mary”).

—-

Sure. Do you want us to remind you of the “we only lost because Ponder was hurt” playoff excuses that are still running rampant?

Man, you girls sure have a terrible memory.

23. Tokyo, I’m not upset about Ponders unfortunately timed injury. I accept the Vikings got beat in the playoffs utilizing a back up. It justifies that cheese bay can be beaten when Ponder plays.

24. GenXJay says:
    Sep 6, 2013 7:17 PM

—-

Interesting.

What happened at Lambeau with Ponder playing?

25. tokyosandblaster says:
    Sep 6, 2013 7:42 PM
    GenXJay says:
    Sep 6, 2013 7:17 PM

—-

Interesting.

What happened at Lambeau with Ponder playing?

Ponder wrecked the Packers D, enough said.

26. I’m trying to think of a quality Defensive player for Green Bay that Joe Looney could dive at this week that would really hurt them.

Still coming up empty….

27. GenXJay says:
    Sep 6, 2013 8:44 PM
    What happened in the the Dome w/Ponder playing against cheesebay?
    Again, your autistic talent resides in #’s. Not in PFT Comments, Tokyo.

That’s the “1” in the Packers 17-1 record against the north.

If you want to cling to it, more power to you.

28. dumpoffking, Dang, you too?
    What, what? Are you defending Tokyo’s honor or retaliating like the crybaby bit©h earlier posts indicate?
    Maybe you are a facsimile of Tokyo. Do you own a loft in Manhattan? Are you all, like, “Lolz” when you make yourself laugh?