Michael Oher’s ankle injury not thought to be serious

Baltimore Ravens v Denver Broncos Getty Images

The Ravens will be without wide receiver Jacoby Jones for a month or more after he suffered a sprained MCL in Thursday night’s loss to the Broncos.

It doesn’t look like they’ll have to survive that long without right tackle Michael Oher, who left the game with a sprained ankle. Oher wasn’t in a boot or using crutches after the game and Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that further tests on the ankle have left the team feeling that the injury is not a very serious one.

That doesn’t mean Oher’s a sure bet to be on the field in Week Two against the Browns because he still must respond to treatment and a return to the field without any trouble, but the extra time before the next Baltimore game should work in his favor. Because they played on Thursday, Oher will have more than a week to recover before the home opener against Cleveland.

If Oher isn’t able to play, the Ravens are going to need to either get more from Rick Wagner or find a different solution at right tackle. The fifth-round pick was overwhelmed by the Broncos on Thursday night and gave up a steady stream of pressure against quarterback Joe Flacco.

Permalink 12 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Home, Rumor Mill
12 Responses to “Michael Oher’s ankle injury not thought to be serious”
  1. jakec4 says: Sep 8, 2013 10:18 AM

The nightmare of a game that just keeps on taking. I can’t wait for more Rick Wagner against a stout

2. nananatman says: Sep 8, 2013 10:19 AM

3. Nofoolnodrool says: Sep 8, 2013 10:49 AM

Hopefully Mr Oher is a fast healer. Get well soon.

4. footballfan01 says: Sep 8, 2013 11:30 AM

The Ravens are a joke this year.

5. bmoreravens1012013 says: Sep 8, 2013 11:35 AM

Thank God for small favors.

6. jmblosser82 says: Sep 8, 2013 12:17 PM

Browns win the division…I very much doubt that, it was only 1 of 16 games, the defense will improve drastically but that offense will be miserable to watch. I hope the browns put the ravens in the basement thus year.

7. reed20fence says: Sep 8, 2013 2:31 PM

nananatman says:Sep 8, 2013 10:19 AM

I’m picking the Browns. I think they’ll take the division this year. It’ll be a dogfight with Cincinnati but it is their year:) 5 31

You’re picking the Browns and the fins are picking Weeden. 3 first half INTs?

You do realize preseason success against backups means nothing, right?

8. ravensr1 says: Sep 8, 2013 2:41 PM

If you morons think because our secondary played bad against Manning we are going to fall to the Brownies. You are all idiots! It was one game and?

9. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 8, 2013 6:54 PM

That’s good news. Hopefully for the Steeler game his back will be healthy, as he’ll be spending most of the day on it.

10. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 8, 2013 6:58 PM

“If you morons think because our secondary played bad against Manning we are going to fall to the Brownies. You are all idiots!”
    ——————————————-
    You must’ve missed the game. Manning wasn’t the only one who could’ve passed on that sieve. Heck, I coulda thrown a couple TDs that night.

11. Joemontanaflacco says: Sep 9, 2013 9:45 AM

You could have also thrown the entire game like Roethlisbooger obviously did yesterday. I’m sure he’s the oddsmakers’ darling this morning.

12. Nofoolnodrool says: Sep 10, 2013 3:42 PM

Oh skippy you are still mad over the rat turds record setting tv performance last thurs….glad you left your room. I have kids and I would be concerned if one of mine locked themselves in and could be heard sobbing and kicking the floor.
    I am sure the ravens made nobody happy except us steeler fans….right little Timmy.