Pryor keeping the Raiders in it with his legs

Terrelle Pryor, Robert Mathis AP

Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor threw a bad pick early in the game, but he’s keeping the Raiders in a game they probably shouldn’t be in — with his legs.

Pryor just popped a 29-yard scramble, and has 98 yards on his first 10 carries, breaking a franchise record for rushing yards by a quarterback. At the moment, running back Darren McFadden has 13 carries for 39 yards.

The Colts are up 14-10 at the moment, and looked like they were going to cruise early. But the Raiders are hanging around, based on Pryor’s ability to keep plays alive.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Indianapolis Colts, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
21 Responses to “Pryor keeping the Raiders in it with his legs”
  1. nomoreseasontix says: Sep 8, 2013 3:10 PM

How long can a team get by with a quarterback who can’t pass?
    If your leading rusher is your quarterback, you’re in for a long season…

2. bigshirk says: Sep 8, 2013 3:11 PM

How about you tell the whole story. He was 11/14 120 yards passing at half. The dude can throw too.

3. gibbyfan says: Sep 8, 2013 3:24 PM

I think those of us who thought TP might be decent or better if given a chance will be vindicated……….

4. araidersfan says: Sep 8, 2013 3:24 PM

I still don’t think much of Pryor as a QB but if nothing else he’s proven today that he’s a much better RB than McFadden.

5. westcoastraider says: Sep 8, 2013 3:30 PM

Please tell me how we “Shouldn’t even be” in this game Mr. Gantt? One of those “inside sources” you media guys claim to have but yet always seem to be wrong??

6. gibbyfan says: Sep 8, 2013 3:34 PM

make no mistake–I think the raiders have along road ahead and I dont think they will win today–but this kid has more to offer than many think–I predict he will be the starter for the year–barring injuries

7. atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Sep 8, 2013 3:36 PM

Westcoast:
    You shouldn’t be in this one because the raiders are horrible. Every nfl fan outside of Oakland knows it, and you will too before the halfway point of the season. Try being objective rather than an idiot homer like the majority of your fellow raider fans.

8. BigBeachBall says: Sep 8, 2013 3:49 PM

Pryor is done… Who’s next?

9. eviltwin007 says: Sep 8, 2013 4:00 PM

Whew!!!! Colts got lucky on that one

10. robgilman says: Sep 8, 2013 4:09 PM

Pryor can ball and the colts came out lucky. Everyone can shut up now

11. nuclearwarfare says: Sep 8, 2013 4:12 PM

@atleastimnotaraidersfan

I don’t think you know what the word “objective” means. Before the game, I thought for sure the Raiders were going to get blown out, but I am pretty impressed by Pryor and the Raiders as a whole. Sure, Pryor made mistakes. That is to be expected as the Raiders have no depth and Pryor is still learning from his mistakes on the job.

So please, if you’re going to tell someone to be “objective” and not an “idiot homer”, at least know what you’re talking about.

12. whynotusecommonsense says: Sep 8, 2013 4:28 PM

So I’m supposed to believe a guy with a screen name of , atleastimnotaraidersfan, is objective? Especially about the Raiders?

It’s apparent that you care more about the Raiders than you do your own team, of which you’re embarrassed. Which actually makes you pathetic.

13. mullman76 says: Sep 8, 2013 5:00 PM

@atleastimnotaraidersfan: At this point, I feel sorry for you and for those who have to be associated with you.

The next time you see me posting on the teams I hate it will be a first. Read the thread, shut up, move on.

14. westcoastraider says: Sep 8, 2013 5:25 PM

atleastimnotaraidersfan says:
    Sep 8, 2013 3:36 PM
    Westcoast:

————
    @nuclearwarfare beat me to the punch and said it better than I could, you seem to not understand the meaning of objective based on your handle there, atleastimnotaraiderfan… Your obviously not the scholar we all took you for

15. atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Sep 8, 2013 5:44 PM

My name shows my feelings about a fan base, not a football team. When my team is bad, I can actually admit it, rather than proclaim them to be playoff contenders every off season. Oh and west coast, YOU’RE obviously not one to be talking about scholars. Good to see the raiders are getting the basement warm early. As usual.
    All that being said, TP looked decent and if he can keep it up, the raiders just might start building something.

16. murfdeezy says: Sep 8, 2013 6:35 PM

I’m objective and like other loyal fans I was bleeding silver and black WHILE expecting to get blown out. We all expect to have a very rough year, even by our current standards that have been set by the pre joys decade of dismay. However, we played a pretty decent Colts team today with basically a second string offensive line and a QB ( who hasn’t received much support from the current coaching staff) who was getting his first LEGITIMATE NFL start or as a starter anyway. Sure he struggled, as to be expected…but he also showed some promise…which was not expected by many fans or by the rest of the league. That’s a positive, as is his ability to scramble behind an offensive line that is completely incapable of keeping even the greatest of pocket passers upright. I’m objective. It’s goi g to be a long, hard road. I’m hoping for wins and expecting development. Hating for the sake of hating and picking on the easy target…like the team with a new staff, minimal talent, operating $50 million under the cap due to dead money from previous bad management…is neither objective nor admirable. Worry about your own squad. We have enough problems despite a loyal fan base. It never ceases to amaze me how many people love to hate the Raiders just for the sake of it. It made sense when we were good. Hating on them now, if you’re outside of the division…just looks like some overweight idiot in the schoolyard picking on the skinny kid for trying to lead a normal life. Grow up and let us do the same. At least we recognize our mistakes and are trying to re tidy them. All of them simultaneously, with no money I might add. Silver and black till I die. Go Raiders!! Peace out.

17. raider8er says: Sep 8, 2013 6:36 PM

Pleasantly surprised by the effort of the Raiders today. I thought it was going to be a 38-3 blowout. Pryor needs to continue to build confidence. The D showed life.

18. jredshoes says: Sep 8, 2013 7:55 PM

I’m not sure if the Raiders are better than expected or if the Colts are not as good as some think. Pat Kirwan said in his analysis this week that the best chance to stop the Raiders is to make Pryor beat you with his arm and not his legs. Evidently Chuck Pagano didn’t listen because Pryor ran all over the Colts and the Raiders probably should have won. Raiders fans should be proud their team played a good game and didn’t listen to the “experts.” I am a Chiefs fan so obviously not a Raiders homer but they looked like a competitor, unlike the poor Jaquars

19. blackngold4life says: Sep 8, 2013 8:00 PM

What happend to the other QB dude?

20. raiderapologist says: Sep 8, 2013 10:12 PM

atleastimnotaraidersfan says: Sep 8, 2013 5:44 PM

————-
    I cannot tell by your handle what team you’re pulling for. Mine leaves no doubt.

21. blackbeard43 says: Sep 9, 2013 3:05 AM

Damnit! I was hoping my raiders would be clowning for clowney…

I love the effort they showed, they got spunk!