PFT on NBCSN: Rodney Harrison, Scott Pioli, Week One headlines

Giants Cowboys Football AP

We’ve put the first Sunday in the regular season in the books and it gave us plenty to talk about on Monday’s edition of Pro Football Talk on NBCSN.

Rodney Harrison and Scott Pioli will be on hand to join the rest of the crew in running down some of the biggest headlines from Sunday’s games. From the 49ers’ victory over the Packers to David Wilson’s two fumbles to the Chiefs’ easy win in their first game under Andy Reid, we’ll touch on all the top stories over the course of the show.

There are two more games to play, of course, and we’ll spend some time looking ahead at those. The Texans travel to San Diego for the nightcap while the first game features the return of Robert Griffin III for the Redskins and the first regular season look at Eagles coach Chip Kelly.

It all gets started at 5:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN.

Permalink 5 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
5 Responses to “PFT on NBCSN: Rodney Harrison, Scott Pioli, Week One headlines”
  1. bigdaddy44 says: Sep 9, 2013 6:02 PM

I encourage everyone to watch this show on NBCSN. I turned on ESPN earlier only to see them introduce Ray Lewis as a new on air personality. I immediately blocked ESPN on my television. This man does not get the privilege of entertaining my family, especially my children. ESPN has also lost that privilege by their poor decision. A murder charge, followed by silence, followed by a plea deal, followed by a payoff to the families, followed by using God as a shield to insulate himself from revealing the truth, whatever it is, does NOT make him innocent. It also means that any full debt to society was squelched in the process. I am not asking anyone to do as I am, you all have the right to do as you please in America. Unfortunately, in our justice system, this man got the right to plea down to save his own rear end.

2. dwjmu84 says: Sep 9, 2013 6:15 PM

bigdaddy44 says:
    Sep 9, 2013 6:02 PM

———————————————————-

Guilty until proven innocent, in your world, apparently. I will rest peacefully knowing (i hope) that you have no authority within our justice system. Say what you want about being suspicious of Lewis, but you speak in absolutes here. Maybe he DOES owe us all an explanation about that night, but I’m fairly certain you cannot prove his guilt, nor does the lack of an explanation prove that guilt. Until you/we can, it would be wise to refrain from such language.

You clearly weren’t on the debate team in high school……

3. bigdaddy44 says: Sep 9, 2013 7:11 PM

dwjmu84,
    You claim that I should “refrain from such language” until an explanation comes forth. That explanation is unlikely to ever happen. Anyone with a firm grasp of our justice sysytem can take a look at the process of what happened, including the actions and results of the dealings of the prosecution and Lewis’ legal team and realize that Lewis was not an innocent man. Innocent people’s cases do not follow a path to the conclusion that this case did. Does it necessarily mean that Ray used the knife? No. Does it mean that Lewis’ involvement was more than obstruction of justice charge that he plead to? Common sense and history show that it is almost a virtual certainty. Prosecutors cut deals to lower charges on a regular basis to bring cases to a conclusion, or to use evidence against other defendants. The law is far from perfect.

As for contention about the debate team, there is something that is fairly obvious about you. From reading you observations, you write from the point of view of a Ray Lewis fan and apologist. Using your own logic, based on your comments, let’s apply your views to some other cases and see the results.
    Based on your views:
    You must believe that O.J Simpson was innocent because the jury found him innocent.
    You must believe that Casey Anthony was innocent because the jury found her innocent.
    You must believe that George Zimmerman was totally innocent because the jury found him innocent.
    Don’t be upset by these conclusions, I only used your own logic.

4. jayniner says: Sep 9, 2013 7:41 PM

@bigdaddy44 and @dwjmu84

Could you two lovebirds take your lovers spat somewhere else?

We’re more interested in yesterday’s highlights and headlines and not debating whether or not our legal system works….

….and on that note: CLAY MATHEWS IS A SCUMBAG!

5. bigdaddy44 says: Sep 9, 2013 7:51 PM

jayniner:
    Yes he is.
    As for your request – granted. Finis.