Wilson, Kaepernick bet an eyebrow on Sunday night’s game

Reuters

The winner of Sunday night’s 49ers-Seahawks game will be 2-0 and the early favorite to win the NFC West. The loser will have a quarterback with only one eyebrow.

Yes, Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick have agreed that the loser of Sunday’s game will shave off an eyebrow. In a promotional video for EA Sports, Wilson and Kaepernick are shown shaking on a “whoever loses shaves an eyebrow” bet.

The 49ers-Seahawks game is one of the best matchups of the early part of this NFL season, and it’s kind of ridiculous to attach a trivial side bet to a game that doesn’t need anything more riding on it. It also wouldn’t be surprising to see the loser weasel out of the bet, by just having his video game likeness lose an eyebrow or something.

But if they’re both serious about going through with it, then fans of the winning team will have the pleasure of seeing their team win, followed by the pleasure of seeing the opposing quarterback look ridiculous.

109 responses to “Wilson, Kaepernick bet an eyebrow on Sunday night’s game

1. That is awesome! Very ballsy of Kaepernick, considering they play in Seattle. Should be an incredible game!

2. Why don’t they bet that the losing coach has to shave both eyebrows? I’d love to see Hardaugh with no eyebrows.

3. I wonder if this bet would apply to both games this season. It would be funny to see Kaep with no eyebrows.

Regardless if it is a real bet, it’s good to see two young stars from rival teams just clowning around. It’s gonna be a good game!

4. I love both of these players so damn much. As a Bucs fan I’m totally envious of the Seahawks and Niners. Being stuck with Freeman makes me want to cut myself..

5. Prop bets make games like this even more fun to watch.

It’s great to see mutual respect by both players, and will surely get each fan base even more riled up.

(10 to 1 west coast folks will see a few co workers coming into work next week misses an eye brow as well.)

6. hahaha Harbaugh will say Wilson was too aggresive on Kaep when he will take a razor and shave off Kaeps eyebrow, maybe give him a nose job while he is at it. Either way Harbaugh will complain.

7. I bet it turns out the “game” is Madden rather than the actual game.

I seriously have a doubt they would agree to having an eyebrow shaved. But if they go through with it and its based on the actual game these two got balls.

8. Maybe it’s just me but I’d hate it if I were a 49ers or Seahawks fan and saw those commercials with Russell and Kap chilling out being buddy buddy. That’s makes me want to puke. Things like when Randy Moss mooned Lambeau, or when Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson got in that fight, that’s what makes rivalries awesome.

9. Its better than the bet McCarthy made where the loser of the Packers/9ers game had to slam 5 quarter pounders with cheese in one sitting.

Well, for once I believe that they will honor their bet unlike Aaron Rodgers when he welched on both the Boyz II Men bet and the twitter salary bet.

10. Between the 49ers whiny, obnoxious coach and their crybaby, obnoxious fans – I’ve become a huge Seahawk supporter lately.

Here’s hoping Kaepernick only has one eyebrow come next week.

11. I’m a Bears fan, and I don’t have a dog in this NFC West race, but I will say this: both QBs are fun as heck to watch. And this silly and awesome bet is just another reason why.

12. This is awesome. These two are young men that are competitive but wanna have some fun with it. Behind the scenes it wouldn’t surprise me if they were friends.

13. The Seahawks embarrassed the exhausted 49ers (after their short week and win in New England) last December. Not only that – LeRoy Hill took a CHEAP SHOT at Manningham’s knees wounding him badly in front of the Niner bench. It was the worst defeat of Jim Harbaugh’s coaching career. That didn’t sit well.

This game is a BIG DEAL for the 49ers and they’ll be more than ready. Trust me on that. They are laser focused on Seattle so if the ‘Hawks goal was the get the Niners attention last December, they did.

If Seattle can match the Niners intensity and focus – it should be a game for the ages. But with an off season to scheme Wilson with a focus on containing him, I just don’t see the Seahawks having enough to win this game with their weak pass rush, shaky offensive line (based on what they put on film last week) and Wilson’s inability to see the field.

Niners win convincingly!

14. The two of these guys are simply showing they have a good sense of humor and lightheartedness. They are both pretty awesome athletes who are setting up a personal competition that we hopefully will be able to watch for years to come. Hope Kaep wins the bet this first time!

15. edenprairieballer says:Sep 10, 2013 1:00 PM

The only thing is that the eyebrow stops sweat dripping from your forehead to getting into your eyes! I had mine shaved as an underclassmen before high school football. It sucked!

———

Good lord, you’re from Minnesota, aren’t you?

16. @pillowporkers

so you never saw the Larry Bird Magic Johnson documentary? Players don’t have to hate each other in real life for it to be a great rivalry. Both of these guys will give it their all to win and it should be a great game.

17. Either one minus one eyebrow will bring laughter and some ridicule, a memory for a short time at least that they lost…twice…the game and the bet.

18. Leviticus 19:28
    King James Version (KJV)
    28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord. For those that argue that this freak is putting Bible verses on himself,maybe he should have actually read the bible first. Especially Leviticus 19:28

19. Should be great game , glad to see both our QB’s keep it light . As a Hawks season ticket holder , heres hoping fans of both teams stay classy Sunday night . It’s fine to have the rivalry , but let’s try & treat each other with a little respect and dignity . Regardless of who wins this Sunday , there’s another game to be played in S.F. later in the season ; always fun to watch the 2 best teams in the league battle it out ..

GO HAWKS !!

20. Guinness World Records being at the Clink seeing if we break the stadium sound record. Eyebrow shaving, insane LOUD AND PROUD fans. This is what Sunday Night Football is all about.

GO HAWKS!!!

21. I’ll betchya a shaved eyebrow that the fans of the winning team will be on here acting incredibly childish about it. And the fans of the losing team will ignore it as a silly bet.

22. scmems07 says: Sep 10, 2013 1:43 PM

Doesn’t really matter who wins, neither team could beat the rams. Couldn’t do it last year, won’t do it this year
    ****************************
    December 30, 2012
    Seahawks 20, Rams 13.

23. granadafan says: Sep 10, 2013 1:48 PM

If Joe Flacco took the bet to shave one eyebrow, he’d have no eyebrows left.

_____________________________________
    Awesome.

24. In a related story, Jets QB Mark Sanchez has promised to stop shaving his legs and arm pits if allowed to start one game this year.

25. Boldin won’t run all over the Seattle secondary like he did Green Bay’s (missing 2 starters). I believe Seattle wins this.

Best case scenario is they play to a scoreless tie and then a meteorite lands on the stadium as the clock expires.

26. I’ll bet an eyebrow that neither player shaves an eyebrow after this game but rather the loser proposes a “double or nothing” bet for the next time they play each other in SF.

27. Admittedly, I’m an old goat. But i wouldn’t be very surprised if the one eye brow look becomes a fashion trend among young people just to shock the old geezers like me. Just look how low they wear their pants.

28. Hey look Norcal Mafia got out of solitary confinement, and got his 1 hour of internet privilege back.We have missed your insightful and enlightening football knowledge on here.

29. Is Boeing struggling so much that the unemployment rate is so high that Seattle fans have this much time on their hands?

30. Extremely ballsy of Wilson considering how poor the Seattle looked against Carolina. 49ers will win this game by 3+ TDs.

31. One eyebrow….A new fashion statement for the NFL crazies. Monday morning at work is going to be real interesting!

32. Is there really anything wrong with a friendly rivalry? Seriously it just seams like a friendly thing between two competitors. I’m not a big fan of either and I don’t play EA sports games but I will probably watch to see who wins and who doesn’t. It’ll probably get turned into a street gang fashion statement in two weeks and the spirit ruined but still different. You’ll see, one gang will shave the left and the rival will shave the right. One gang will only eat left Twix and the other only right Twix.

33. My prediction: The loser will have the first “perfect game” in NFL history the following week, going 25/25 with 5 TDs.

Credit will be given to better eyesight due to not having the eyebrow.

Within a year, the bandwagon effect has grown so that ninety percent of the male population of the USA has no eyebrows.

This will not end well…

34. This is a joke. I thought this was a professional sports league not high school. Just play the game. Play hard, shake hands and move on. Continuing to lose respect for these guys, this is just so immature. Sheesh…

35. so this means i can name russell wilson shortbrow for the rest of my life and also make other jokes about how hes so short he has to cuff his underwear..lol i dont mind russel at all… its those delusional seahawk fans. still having trouble on the road i see? Squeaked that one out. try to win more than two this year. See you on Sunday Chunps!

36. ….I’d rather see the losing coach get executed…then make sure the 9ers get their a.z.z kicked……..can’t stand that big-mouth hairball….

37. hereisfootballwestofjersey says:
    Sep 10, 2013 1:07 PM

Niners win convincingly!

————————–

The above is a perfect example of why we call them the Forty-Whiners. “Short week” = a few hours extra hours does not account for 29 points difference. They beat us fair and square the first time on a “short week”. Last I checked the hit was legal, stop being a baby, Manningham isn’t crying about it (anymore). I detest the Niners, that’s true, but I do respect them because that’s what (gulp) good teams deserve. I would expect nothing less from the Niners, and that’s what fires our fans up, disrespect. We might not win on Sunday, it is too close to predict. But if you come to Seattle and get spanked, don’t come crying on here about Sherman’s PEDs or the refs blowing some random call.

38. Its ok Wilson can borrow hair from the armpits of the women in Seattle….The rest of the U.S. calls them “bigfoots”

39. This really isn’t that big a deal. Flacco has faced the world with only one eyebrow since he was 2.

greenandgoldgirl should change her name to Captain Buzzkill. I hear Aaron Rodgers has volunteered to shave the losers pubes!?

40. Hey Seattle fans your sick of Niner fans being disrespectful? …..Respect is earned not given..Thats why Niner fans and the rest of the cou try hates you clowns..Maybe for once before gou go flapping your gums you should….uh I dont know….WIN SOMETHING!

41. I said it many times. 49er fans live in their own world. Excuses about the beating you took last time doesn’t help.

NFL is about match ups and Seattle matches up very well on offense, defense and special teams to the Whiners. Seattle secondary vs WR/TE’s – not even close. Davis creates a match up problem but good safeties can limit him. From watching the last two game both lines offensive and defensive wash each other out. But Hawks WR/TE versus your secondary is nasty mismatch. Doug Baldwin (2 TDs) owned Rogers last year. Reid looked like a stud but if you think Whitner/Nnamdi aren’t weak links you’re going to find out quick on Sunday Night. Kaep is really good but if he has to burn multiple time outs to get plays off at home what is he going to do at Century Link??

42. Inevitably we have the constant bickering between 49er fans and Seahawks fans.

Lets get one thing straight though.

A good majority of 49er fans I know personally and myself hold a great deal of respect for the Seahawks. Its a hateful respect, but respect all the same. In the end, its better that both teams do well as the saying goes, Iron sharpens iron.

That said, everytime I read comments on here from people that are 49er fans and Seahawk fans make me shake my head. You all sound like little kids on the playground trying your damndest to get a zinger in rather than talking about real football.

I just hope whoever loses this bet actually does it and doesn’t weasel out like a certain QB in Green Bay. I also hope this fun, friendly, and respectful bet teach the rest of you that a good quality rivalry doesnt have to have so much hate. Sit back and enjoy the fact we have good teams to watch go at each other’s throats. Is that too much?

43. bigguy54 says: Sep 10, 2013 2:35 PM

———————————————–
    Now that is how you blast back with comedy. Say what you want – even the person screening it thought it was such a good burn, he probably laughed and let it post.

44. As a Niner fan and obvious Kaepernick homer, I really like Russell Wilson and both of these young QBs are great for the league.

Gonna be a great game!

45. As long as Aaron Rodgers isn’t involved we at least know there’s a chance that the loser will actually lose an eyebrow.

46. “Weasel out?” Why would someone not shave an eyebrow? This does not sound as though it is a big deal. It seems so trivial a thing on which to welch. It will grow back quickly won’t it?

47. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Sep 10, 2013 12:29 PM

———————————————

Because no one wants to hear Hairball cry all season.

48. I hate the fact that it is so hard to hate Russell Wilson. Dude seems like a class act.

Him and Kaepernick are the two class acts at QB in the NFC Best and this will be one of the best divisional QB rivalries in the NFL for years to come.

But it will be fun seeing Russell with one eyebrow ;-).