Da’Rel Scott injures knee in Giants practice

Da'Rel Scott, Sean Lee AP

The Giants brought back old friend Brandon Jacobs on Tuesday after working out several running backs, but an injury at Wednesday’s practice may force them to make another pass at the guys they chose not to sign.

Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that Da’Rel Scott, who replaced David Wilson after he fumbled the ball away to the Cowboys for the second time in Sunday night’s loss, suffered a knee injury in Wednesday’s practice. Per Vacchiano, Scott went for tests on the knee and the severity of the injury remains unknown.

Michael Cox, a seventh-round pick in April, is the fourth running back on the roster with Wilson, Scott and Jacobs at present, so an injury that keeps Scott out of the lineup for an extended period could lead the Giants to add another body if they aren’t convinced Jacobs is able to step right onto the field after being pretty much inactive since leaving the Giants after the 2011 season.

Scott, a 2011 seventh-round pick, ran five times for 23 yards and caught five passes for 51 more in Week One.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, New York Giants, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Da’Rel Scott injures knee in Giants practice”
  1. beavertonsteve says: Sep 11, 2013 3:36 PM

Coach Coughlin, it’s me, Tiki. I have a question for you…

2. justintuckrule says: Sep 11, 2013 3:41 PM

No major loss. Dude is garbage. For as fast as he is, his 0-60 is like 9.4 seconds. Dump him and grab McGahee. That’s a decent 3 headed RB tandem with Jacobs and Wilson.

3. idonthavethebloodyoucrave says: Sep 11, 2013 3:44 PM

Ruh Roh

4. phinfan says: Sep 11, 2013 3:47 PM

Mcgahee

5. blue18hutthutt says: Sep 11, 2013 3:52 PM

It’s funny …the Giants recently won a Superbowl with the league worst rushing attack and one of the worst OLs of a Superbowl winning team, so a little adversity in the run game shouldn’t seem like a big deal …but this year it seems like a disaster

6. bigbluefan11 says: Sep 11, 2013 3:52 PM

How far has the Giants running game fallen if it’s come down to “oh no, we lost Da’Rel Scott” Sadness.

7. raynman49 says: Sep 11, 2013 3:56 PM

Just play Wilson. I don’t think there will be many running plays in this pass fest anyway.

8. cakesw says: Sep 11, 2013 3:56 PM

David Wilson gets his chance to redeem himself.

9. ColtsWinColtsWin!! says: Sep 11, 2013 4:09 PM

Crap, I gotta start the lousy bum lamar miller again.

10. trollaikman8 says: Sep 11, 2013 4:22 PM

#Time4Tiki

11. zam0854 says: Sep 11, 2013 4:38 PM

Hey Eli, I hope you brought your work boots and your Freddie “Hollywood” Mitchell belt because it will be a long season.

12. kissbillsrings says: Sep 11, 2013 4:39 PM

hate to see any player hurt but I must admit since I took Wilson in round 3 I’m ok with it…hopefully he gets a chance to redeem himself & holds on to the freakin ball while busting a couple 50 yarders to paydirt!!!!

13. justinstuckrule says: Sep 11, 2013 5:23 PM

I said my Giants are doomed this year and sadly I was right.

Eli’s finished, Wilson should be out of the league already, Andre Brown’s career is over, the offensive line is a mess, Victor Cruz is one slip away from a career ending reinjury of his heel, there are no linebackers who could start for any other NFL team, the defensive line is old and star JPP will likely have to retire by mid-year due to his back problems and the defensive backs were never good in the first place and now have lots of injuries.

I thought the Giants would get Clowney next year but even he’s turning out not to be that great.

14. kev86 says: Sep 11, 2013 6:49 PM