Josh Gordon says he’s on his “last chance opportunity”

Josh Gordon AP

Browns wide receiver returned to work after his two-game suspension, and he knows he’s running out of strikes.

Gordon, back after his punishment for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, said he knows he’s facing a one-year ban if he screws up again.

I feel like it’s a last chance opportunity [to stay in] the league,” Gordon said, via the Associated Press. “Nobody wants a problematic type of person in their program or organization because of how it’s perceived to be. I definitely want to stay away from any controversy as long as I can forever.

“That’s definitely my No. 1 priority.”

He also made an appearance in traffic court while away (maybe he could car pool to work with Greg Little), and knows that he’s had too many off-field issues.

“It’s a humbling experience,” Gordon said. “You find an appreciation for the game. The absence of it makes the heart grow fonder, in a sense. That’s really what it’s about for me right now.”

The Browns could use him on the field, as he showed deep-play ability as a rookie (50 receptions for 805 yards and five TDs), and the team has a noticeable lack of that.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Home, Rumor Mill
11 Responses to “Josh Gordon says he’s on his “last chance opportunity””
  1. pekkle007 says: Sep 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Not only the Browns; my fantasy team also lacked his deep threat as well.

2. steelerben says: Sep 16, 2013 4:26 PM

The answer is simple. Stop smoking ganja. Just stop. I’m sure you enjoy a puff as much as the next guy, but when the potential to make millions of dollars is on the table, it is time to grow up and put away the bong.

3. clownsfan says: Sep 16, 2013 4:33 PM

The kid says all right things but his actions are contradictory. Hope he can keep his act together because we’ve seen the potential. But until we get a an ACTUAL NFL CALIBER starting Rt Guard I’m afraid it’s gonna continue to be ugly on Sundays.

4. thegreatgabbert says: Sep 16, 2013 4:45 PM

I think what Josh is trying to say is that you only get so many “last chance opportunities”. Maybe could get Cam Newton to translate.

5. 4gone says: Sep 16, 2013 4:52 PM

“as long as I can forever”

???

6. Nick says: Sep 16, 2013 5:16 PM

Would absolutely love to see what this kid can do if he keeps his head straight. Incredibly physically talented.

Not sure whether the QB situation will hinder him at all, but that might be answer a year from now?

7. howiefeltersnatch says: Sep 16, 2013 5:22 PM

“…as long as I can forever.”

That made me lol

8. brownspower says: Sep 16, 2013 5:32 PM

Josh will say the all the right things but doing them may prove to be too difficult. I don’t think he’ll be on this team a year from now. It’ll be a real shame.

9. excessivedrinking says: Sep 16, 2013 8:02 PM

The Brownies are a perennial doormat, even in this year’s weak AFC North.

10. audient says: Sep 16, 2013 10:00 PM

I think we need to keep Greg Little around to make Josh Gordon look bright.

11. badoglick says: Sep 17, 2013 12:23 AM

It’s ridiculous that players can regularly drink and it’s all ok, a player who smokes some weed is a ‘headcase’ and needs to ‘get their head on straight’.