Rowdy teens trash the home of ex-NFL player Brian Holloway

brianholloway

Brian Holloway was a first-round draft pick of the Patriots in 1981, lasted eight years in the league and made three Pro Bowls. When you have that kind of NFL career, you make enough money to buy things like a vacation home on a 200-acre property.

And when you have a vacation property like that, you’re a target for rowdy teenagers.

That’s the hard lesson Holloway learned over Labor Day Weekend, when he was at his home in Florida and began seeing messages on Twitter about a wild party at his vacation home in Upstate New York. Holloway couldn’t believe it when he started seeing tweets saying hundreds of teenagers were partying at his house, getting drunk, breaking windows and generally wreaking havoc.

“We were getting eyewitness reports of what was happening while it was happening. We couldn’t believe what was going down,” Holloway told the Associated Press.

Police eventually showed up, but the party-goers scattered and no arrests were made. Holloway estimates that the damage (which includes broken windows and glass doors, holes in walls, graffiti, scratches on floors and urine stains on carpet) will cost about $20,000 to clean up.

Holloway is asking anyone with information to come forward, and he’s hoping to use Twitter messages to determine the identities of some of the teenagers.

Permalink 30 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Rumor Mill
30 Responses to “Rowdy teens trash the home of ex-NFL player Brian Holloway”
  1. boogymanoflamancha says: Sep 18, 2013 6:02 PM

I really hope they catch these a-holes & have them pay for the damages.

2. logica1voicesays says: Sep 18, 2013 6:07 PM

How do I always have one of the first comments? My mom has high speed internet. #IHaveNoLife #PB&JforDinner

3. mrbiz8505 says: Sep 18, 2013 6:17 PM

Invest in a security system

4. wearethesteelers says: Sep 18, 2013 6:18 PM

This wouldn’t happen in Pittsburgh.

5. blacknole08 says: Sep 18, 2013 6:18 PM

Just pathetic. It’s breaking and entering at the very least. Send them all to jail for a year!

6. sgtr0c says: Sep 18, 2013 6:21 PM

Rich ex football players do not buy vacation homes in the ghetto. They buy them in richy type neighborhoods. These kids are prolly all on their way to Ithaca this fall for paid for college and their daddy’s are this ex football stars neighbors. I would threaten the heck out of pressing charges and then just let that whole town sweat it out over a $20k party bill.

7. blacknole08 says: Sep 18, 2013 6:22 PM

On another site I read this on it stated that Holloway had started some kind of website called HelpMeSave300.com.

On the site he has posted pics that these kids posted partying in HIS PLACE on twitter in hopes that they will change their ways. Basically giving them a second chance.

This man is a class act and I hope those punks have some kind of punishment coming to them.

8. multiplemiggs says: Sep 18, 2013 6:23 PM

aw poor guy. 3 of my vacation homes were once destroyed. I had to stay on my 55ft yacht for a whole week in Monacco once while one of them was being repaired.

9. skittlesareyum says: Sep 18, 2013 6:25 PM

Hundreds of partiers and no arrests are made? What, did they send in Barney Fife?

10. wearethesteelers says: Sep 18, 2013 6:26 PM

Trent Richardson.

11. wearethesteelers says: Sep 18, 2013 6:29 PM

Is our pet.

12. TheWizard says: Sep 18, 2013 6:34 PM

How is it I remember Mosi Tatupu and not this guy?

13. patsfan24 says: Sep 18, 2013 6:36 PM

Its a shame he wasn’t pen pals with Aaron Hernandez….AH could have recommended a decent home security system to the guy.

14. somethingsmellsrotten says: Sep 18, 2013 6:39 PM

wearethestoolers: It wouldn’t happen it Sh!ttsburgh because no one in their right mind would live in that dump of a city.

15. gatorcheme says: Sep 18, 2013 6:40 PM

$20k? That’s all? My water heater gave out one day and did more damage than that.

Got pictures? Want to make a point? Hire a PI and help the DA build a case.

16. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 18, 2013 6:42 PM

What is it with the youth of today that has this sense of entitlement?
    They all think they’re important.
    They all think they’re celebrities.
    They all think they should matter, without ever accompishing anything.
    They all think they’re entitled to anything that is not bolted down.

The “O” generation.

17. phaktor333 says: Sep 18, 2013 7:03 PM

Aaron Hernandez got a security system for just such an ocassion…

18. jimmysee says: Sep 18, 2013 7:04 PM

“Rowdy” is way too nice a word.

More like losers, degenerates, deadbeats, then cowards when it came time to take responsibility.

19. ralphwilsonisrich says: Sep 18, 2013 7:14 PM

Its not their property! I could destroy someone else.

20. bigdingyguy says: Sep 18, 2013 8:26 PM

All those kids and NO arrests? They need to stop calling the cops and call the college scouts. I would be really interested to see their 40 times.

21. wheresmyjuice says: Sep 18, 2013 11:23 PM

That card is from my first ever football card set when I was 6…I still have that!!!

22. harrycanyon says: Sep 19, 2013 1:18 AM

Missed the opportunity to sacrfice the house for the betterment of society, by not sending a cruise missle in taking these punks out. Anyone who would break into a home of someone elses and destroy it has no regard for anything.

23. theverifiedtruth says: Sep 19, 2013 2:04 AM

Of course there were no arrests. Why would the police ruin the lives of good law abiding white folk??

24. quackbury says: Sep 19, 2013 7:08 AM

Here’s the website, complete with all the Twitter posts and pics. http://helpmesave300.com/

I don’t know what is more amazing: the magnanimous way that Holloway is handling this, or the fact that 300 kids were so incredibly STUPID to tweet all that evidence of them breaking multiple laws.

Forget the parents and forget the police. Can you imagine the consequences if every college admissions person in the country scanned this site? 300 more kids who should have had careers, working for minimum wage and living in their parents’ basement.

25. patriotenvy says: Sep 19, 2013 7:45 AM

In this day andf age I guess he is hust lucky one of them didn’t hurt themselves and then sue him.

26. patriotenvy says: Sep 19, 2013 7:45 AM

In this day and age I guess he is hurt lucky one of them didn’t hurt themselves and then sue him.

27. patriotenvy says: Sep 19, 2013 7:46 AM

In this day and age I guess he is lucky one of them didn’t hurt themselves and then sue him.

28. ontherocks1964 says: Sep 20, 2013 8:21 AM

“Rowdy” is the way we describe crimminal activity by juvie delinquents now?
    Poor little boys….they musta been ty-uwrd.

29. tigersfandan says: Sep 20, 2013 9:32 PM

As a teenager, I am absolutely disgusted by this. I certainly hope that those guys will see the error of their ways and reform, but they certainly need to be punished harshly.

30. blackbug99 says: Sep 21, 2013 7:45 PM

I’m pretty sure there were no Rhodes Scholars among the group. But, even so, and I grew up in public housing, I learned that people earn their things. You want it, you earn it!