Le’Veon Bell begins to process of coming back

Pittsburgh Steelers v Washington Redskins Getty Images

Steelers rookie running back Le’Veon Bell took his first steps back toward the field, and immediately made sure everyone knew it was going to be a process.

The Steelers aren’t expecting him back for a few more weeks after his Lisfranc sprain on Aug. 19, but he did some things Wednesday in practice.

I don’t want to rush it,” Bell said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I’m still in the healing process. I’ve got to make sure I don’t re-injure it.”

“I’m making sure I’m confident enough to go out there and make all the proper cuts, that I can completely stop when I need to with a burst and jump.”

The Steelers obviously need him, at 0-2 with a faltering offense.

“I’m not promising anything or saying I can do anything,” Bell said. “I just want to help the offense.”

At this point, almost anything would.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
13 Responses to “Le’Veon Bell begins to process of coming back”
  1. Joemontanaflacco says: Sep 19, 2013 9:53 AM

I smell a trade to Cleveland coming.

2. sixlombardisinyourface says: Sep 19, 2013 9:55 AM

Including demoting Todd Haley back to ball boy

3. micahernst says: Sep 19, 2013 10:08 AM

I think the first we’ll see of Le’Veon is week 6 Steelers vs Jets.

4. stoogy says: Sep 19, 2013 10:33 AM

As long as Super Ben is taking snaps this team they will continue to be in the bottom of the LG in every catorgory on offense. “They have been for years”

5. steelcurtainn says: Sep 19, 2013 10:57 AM

The Steelers seem to have the worse luck with injuries…….With “Big Money” Miller coming back and Le’veon Bell probably coming back after the steelers bye week. The offense will be better. Lets just hope they can shore up that inside linebacker position with Williams or Wilson. The run d looked a little bit sluggish against the bungles last week.

6. Deb says: Sep 19, 2013 11:09 AM

Recovery from this type injury can’t be rushed, so everyone just has to be patient. That’s hard to do under the circumstances. Never a day that I don’t miss Bettis.

7. olcap says: Sep 19, 2013 11:49 AM

He’s coming back? How could he “come back” when he played what? one SERIES his whole pro career, and that was in a preseason game?

When he does “come back”, I’ll bet he gets reinjured with somethingelse almost immediately.

8. bspurloc says: Sep 19, 2013 11:52 AM

sprain?
    I mean why is it still being reported as a sprain.
    It is a fracture. he will be out a few more months not weeks.

9. enoughofthatalready says: Sep 19, 2013 12:11 PM

The problem there is that the Steelers could be 0-4 by then.

10. steelerben says: Sep 19, 2013 1:23 PM

I don’t see any good reason to hurry him back onto the field. If the Steelers are looking at a season of 7-9 or worse, which is looking like a real possibility considering the state of that offensive line and all of the injuries across the team, then it makes more sense to keep him out the majority of the year, get him rehabbed to 100%, and bring him back next season at full strength.

11. lovefootball4life says: Sep 19, 2013 1:23 PM

The O-line is going to have to figure out zone blocking or all his skill won’t matter much. He’ll be like Richardson with tons of potential but a crappy 3 ypc or worse he’ll be cratered and put on IR. He’s all potential right now, no proof yet, but if it is real you don’t want to ruin him this season.

12. Nofoolnodrool says: Sep 19, 2013 6:53 PM

12 42 I guess for years starts after their last SB. Einstein Shake your head….the rocks have settled… Now your hate is showing try again skippyl

13. 1mommicked1 says: Sep 20, 2013 8:13 PM

if a kicker can’t kick…if a punter can’t punt…if a running back can’t run….