Holloway faces threats of litigation from parents of kids who trashed his house

Holloway AP

Earlier this week, MDS pointed out that some of former NFL All-Pro Brian Holloway’s rowdy non-friends came over to his house and trashed it.

So Holloway, a three-time Pro Bowler drafted by the Patriots in 1981, took to social media to identify kids who posted pictures online of their exploits.

Now, Holloway says the parents of the culprits are threatening Holloway with litigation.

“I don’t really understand how they can be upset with me for things their children did,” Holloway told Gothamist.com. “I don’t really understand it. They say, ‘You ruined our kids’ life.’ If my child was breaking into your home and you posted them on the website, posted the material that they posted, I would come there and thank you, and I would have my child be an indentured servant until everything was repaired and cleaned up.”

It apparently won’t work.

“How do you intimidate me?” Holloway said. “I’ve lined up against Lawrence Taylor!”  (It would be hilariously ironic if it turned out that Taylor was at the party, too.)

Holloway will continue to push the issue.

“We have names of probably 220 kids so far, we’ll have 300 by this weekend,” Holloway said.  “They have so much documented evidence, the only term I can use to describe what is going to happen to these teens is ‘shock-and-awe.'”

That’s a little too strong.  He’s entitled to compensation.  He’s also entitled to not be sued for trying to get compensation.  But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control.  Using terms like “shock and awe” suggests that’s what Holloway hopes to do.

Permalink 143 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
143 Responses to “Holloway faces threats of litigation from parents of kids who trashed his house”
  1. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:08 PM

Unreal.

2. commonsenseisnotcmonman says: Sep 21, 2013 5:09 PM

Wrong, if the parents are incapable of punishing their own children (and trying to sue him even though he was NOT pressing charges, and in fact trying to help them) I say go get them.

3. truthfactory says: Sep 21, 2013 5:10 PM

———
    The reason they are mad at you and not their kids is the same reason they were at your house doing drugs and destroying your property in the first place: Terrible parents that prioritize being “friends” with their kids over disciplining them.

4. Andy says: Sep 21, 2013 5:10 PM

ummm, they should absolutely be allowed to be punished under the full extent of the law, including breaking and entering. this isn’t “oh shucks someone made a poor decision.” these kids deserve to have to pay for their crimes, up to and including jail time.

5. bubba278 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:11 PM

The kids shouldn’t have their future compromised if it want a felony what they did: breaking and entering and vandalism?

They didn’t have a party at tier houses they ruined a complete strangers. If I am one of the kids I am going to him apologizing and giving him $100 as my contribution.

6. thegreatgabbert says: Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM

The grouchy old bear was always telling us to “Get off my lawn!”. So we went inside, instead.

7. Mr. Wright 212 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM

And yes they do deserve to go to jail if they are proven to have done this. How many tortious claims have to be broken before you can say they “don’t deserve to have their future compromised?” When they compromised the integrity of someone’s house while breaking at least a half dozen laws in the process?

8. atlbusat says: Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Why shouldn’t the teens go to jail for breaking and entering, criminal damage to property, burglary, under age drinking, contributing to the delinquency of minors, and I’m sure illegal drug use? This is more than a party that got out of control. And I would bet that if any of those little heathens overdosed or got hurt they would have blamed him and sued!

9. honkerdawg says: Sep 21, 2013 5:12 PM

Why shouldn’t they go to jail; they broke into the mans house and trashed it, that’s not a crime anymore?

10. cometkazie says: Sep 21, 2013 5:13 PM

Does one’s house insurance cover misdeeds done by one’s children?

If I were he, I’d let my insurance take care of it and let them go after the miscreants.

I also think Holloways is responsible for taking precautions to make this sort of thing less likely to happen.

11. tenntuxx says: Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Have you lost sight of the fact that there wasn’t supposed to be a party in the FIRST PLACE??? I agree..they should make the parents pay and the kids do the hard labor.. Those who say it’s too harsh are the reason kids are so out of control today. Impart some discipline in your little derelicts and maybe stuff like this won’t happen

12. hgl25 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM

No one should go to jail? For a B & E and destroying property? You are wrong there, Mike. I’m surprised that you are taking this stance.

13. onebucplace says: Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM

I remember as a kid if we went to the store and I touched something my mom would slap my hands and tell me not to touch something unless I was prepared to buy it. These parents are on the other end of the septum, meaning they’re dirtbags.

14. laseeno says: Sep 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Nobody should go to jail for breaking and entering?

15. kuranda84 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:15 PM

Lives ruined? Please…

A real parent would have their kid go and apologize to the man whose property they damaged and work his lawn or clean his house or something of that nature to have the kids repay what they damaged. No lives are being ruined by this guy, but the parents will ruin their kids by protecting them from doing what’s right.

16. kazkal says: Sep 21, 2013 5:16 PM

Theft,Vandalism using drugs yet they don’t deserve to be punished? Really Florio? I feel bad for your son if this is stance you take on parenting.

17. Dennis Allen's Outgoing Persona says: Sep 21, 2013 5:18 PM

If I ever did something this irresponsible when I was in high school my mom and my dad would have my head. This just proves that a new wave of self righteous litigious cretins are rearing their heads.

18. bucrightoff says: Sep 21, 2013 5:19 PM

You’re right, don’t send em to jail…

Send em to boot camp or a military school for a summer. I suspect they might learn a thing or two.

19. richndc says: Sep 21, 2013 5:20 PM

these parents are a brilliant example of everything that is wrong with our culture right now.

20. ffin32 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:21 PM

Are you kidding me? A “party that got out of control”?
    Is that what was going on there?

21. floratiotime says: Sep 21, 2013 5:21 PM

A few weeks in jail might do them a little good. They’d probably make new friends too.

22. heybeerman95 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:22 PM

Truly typical of today’s society. The “my kids didn’t do anything wrong” parents deserve everything that happens to these kids. Whether it be jail time (which I doubt) or for everyone to pay to fix the damage, I say Mr. Holloway and the authorities have at it! If any of the parents had a backbone they would force their kids to apologize and make them pay for the damage.

23. keepingitrealdumb says: Sep 21, 2013 5:24 PM

hey Florio what are you talking about: “But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control.” huuuuhhhh?!?!?

i admit i don’t know any more details about this thing than what you wrote in this article, but from the contents here it seems that a bunch of people broke into Holloway’s house and just ‘partied’ there. To me that is not a “party that got out of control” .. that is breaking and entering and vandalism.

Holloway was not the one throwing the party right? so how could it be a “party that got out of control” ???

You’re a lawyer Florio .. why isn’t that breaking and entering and vandalism?

24. jcmeyer10 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

The reason why I laugh the most is that the kids themselves made the pictures public in the first place.

The kids are morons but the parents who are threatening to sue are even worse.

25. Stiller43 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Are you aware what happened? They like peed all over his house, all over the carpets, put holes in walls, broke every glass item in his house…thats not a party that got out of control. Thats a determined group to just vandalize this guys house

26. herkulease says: Sep 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Those parents should be shamed by the community. Not only for raising kids with utter lack of morals. But then want to sue the guy who’s home your kids broke into.

They should be glad Holloway didn’t decide to press charges.

I would’ve given them choice, come clean up and pay the repair/replace thing. If you don’t come by X date, I’ll be pressing charges and filing lawsuits for damages.

Lets see what costs the parents and their kids more.

27. wayupsouth says: Sep 21, 2013 5:29 PM

How odd. If my parents had caught me destroying someone’s house and documenting it, I’d still be hooked up to a colostomy bag to this day. Guess parenting is a lost art. Or maybe a lost responsibility.

28. bassist33 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

What do you mean no one should have their life ruined for this? First of all, this won’t ruin their lives, even if they are prosecuted. What’s the difference between these kids and someone who gets caught with drugs or gets in a car and drives drunk? They all made a decision that was illegal and should deal with the consequences. The effect that this has on their lives is up to them. Learn from it and make better choices or let it ruin your life.

It doesn’t sound like he wants to prosecute them, but their parents are begging for it.

29. tonyugoh says: Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Whats worse is that he even offered the kids a chance to help clean up his house and all debts would be paid off and ZERO of them showed up. My kids would be in boarding school if this happened.

30. jayhawk6 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:31 PM

Some parents are truly astounding.

Holloway should push the local DA to prosecute these vandals and then hire the most squirm inducing plaintiff’s lawyer available to sue the kids and their parents for the damages they caused.

Perhaps Florio could recommend somebody.

31. arlingtonsynn says: Sep 21, 2013 5:32 PM

Given that Lawrence Taylor almost went to jail for banging a minor, you might not want to post about it being ‘hilariously ironic’ if he was at the party with minors.

32. getyourownname says: Sep 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Parental attitudes like this are what create self-centered kids who do these kinds of things.

33. jdphx says: Sep 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Good… Now these genius parents can get counter-sued, and pay a large sum of money, not only to lose
    their cases, but also to Holloway and all the lawyers.

34. varnbo says: Sep 21, 2013 5:33 PM

I wonder what Florio would have to say if it was his house.

“A party out of control”.

Get real, they broke into a man’s home and destroyed it. There were felony’s committed, not a little underaged drinking and loud music.

Shock & awe is just what these punks need.

35. randomcommenter says: Sep 21, 2013 5:34 PM

Should the kids get hard time? No, but they absolutely should get a black mark on their criminal record.

Punishment can actually save the kids lives, not ruin them. Studies show kids with stricter parents get better grades and are actually happier and fit in better socially.

36. lsuzilla says: Sep 21, 2013 5:35 PM

“That’s a little too strong. He’s entitled to compensation. He’s also entitled to not be sued for trying to get compensation. But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control.”
    ——————

What in the world are you talking about? These “kids” broke into this mans home, destroyed his property, and stole items from his house. HIS house. These kids should go to jail.

37. tangysizzl says: Sep 21, 2013 5:35 PM

What is the lesson these kids learn if there are no repercussions. What they did was criminal and they should all be held accountable.

38. gadgetdawg says: Sep 21, 2013 5:36 PM

They are just a bunch of horrible parents that think they can make a buck.

I’ve seen the reporting on TV. These kids tweeted enough messages and pictures while the party was going on to “ruin their lives” quite enough on their own. If he wants to add to it, I say good for him. Twitter and social media go both ways you know.

39. mikecrave says: Sep 21, 2013 5:37 PM

Wow I can’t believe you think that no one should have their future compromised for a ‘party that got out of hand.’ I’d like to see how you would feel if a group of individuals BROKE INTO your house, threw a party, caused $20,000 of damage, and proceeded to steal items of sentimental value from your home. By posting pictures of themselves on the internet they have made themselves accessible to Holloway. He is doing nothing wrong. There are consequences in life for one’s poor decisions. Let’s not make exceptions, this is still breaking and entering, as well as vandalism. Much more than a party that got out if hand.

40. metalhead65 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:38 PM

why am I not surprised a card carrying liberal and obama loving guy like yourself feels that way.would love to see what your reaction would be if that were you house florio. this isn’t just a bunch of kids having a party. they broke into this guy’s house and trashed it! 20-30 thousand dollars worth of damages is not a just a kids will be kids deal. besides boozing they did some serious drugs. he is being generous by only wanting them to pay for what they did. if these parents follow up on their threats or refuse to pay then they and their kids deserve the maximum punishment the law allows.

41. earpaniac says: Sep 21, 2013 5:38 PM

And this is an example of why the world scares me.

42. chiselmonkey says: Sep 21, 2013 5:38 PM

How mean spirited! All they did was break into a home and trash it. And you want their parents to hold them accountable for their actions. I guess you don’t want them drinking underage either…

43. Dusty Grey says: Sep 21, 2013 5:40 PM

He needs to press charges. He’s given them every opportunity to do the right thing, and in turn they are threatening litigation.

Breaking and entering at the minimum. I’d go for the full meal deal.

If this was your house Florio, would you give them a pass?

44. textermanley says: Sep 21, 2013 5:40 PM

You couldn’t be more wrong, Mr. Florio. Clearly you’re speaking more as the father of a teenage son than an attorney who should understand the law. Those kids, at a minimum, broke and entered and destroyed private property. There’s also an excellent chance they stole items from the home, which would be burglary. Serious crimes. Which deserve a serious punishment.

I hope you don’t enable your kid’s bad behavior the way these kids’ parents are enabling theirs. Based on your comments, it sure sounds
    like it. That said, party at Florio’s place!

45. historyisyourfriend says: Sep 21, 2013 5:43 PM

It would be fun to see how on their kid’s side the parents were if the courts ordered them to pay for all damages. Bet all the “let’s be buddies” routine would go right out the window at that point and these parents might actually try “parenting” instead of griping at the guy who’s house was damaged.

Keep going Holloway – get all of them and embarrass their parents into doing what they are supposed to be doing.

46. mburkett1980 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:45 PM

Are you kidding me Florio? These “kids” deserve to be punished to the full extent of the law. This was a whole lot more than a “party that just got out of control.” They intentionally destroyed this man’s property and stole several of his belongings. There were felonies committed here and they should have to answer for it.

47. bearwithjetpack says: Sep 21, 2013 5:45 PM

“You ruined our kid’s life!”

Your kid ruined their own life. And you ruined their life by failing to raise them to not ruin their own life.

Bad parents will take any excuse to blame others for their failure kids.

48. mrfoozball says: Sep 21, 2013 5:45 PM

The only reason why these brats have a high sense of entitlement and where the parents epically and utterly failed as being parents. I feel sorry for their kids of not learning any sense of responsibility from their parents. I hope society won’t teach them the hard way.

49. jpb12 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:46 PM

Break & enter? Then trash a guy’s house? How do you not go to jail for that?

50. texansfan713 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:47 PM

Only in America.

51. treesloth16 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:50 PM

Those parents might sue. But if they do, Holloway should prosecute at the fullest extent of the law. Then counter-sue said parents.

52. edhochuliisanhonestzebra says: Sep 21, 2013 5:53 PM

“no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control”
    ***
    Since when is breaking and entering not considered a crime?
    Not to mention criminal damage to property and theft and vandalism.

53. steelerfan9598 says: Sep 21, 2013 5:58 PM

“But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control”. What? They broke into his house and trashed it. Bring he hammer down.

54. marthisdil says: Sep 21, 2013 6:01 PM

Why not? It’s youth scum like this that turn into adult scum. The deserve a lot of pain for their stupid choices.

55. zatoichi7 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:02 PM

party at florio’s!

56. theauger says: Sep 21, 2013 6:04 PM

“shock and awe” is exactly what is needed here. Hollow should to take it to the extreme to prove a point to these parents.

57. marthisdil says: Sep 21, 2013 6:05 PM

BTW – teen boot camp – for 6 months each – for all of them.

58. thatswhatimsayin says: Sep 21, 2013 6:09 PM

I say post names of the parents threatening to sue

59. patp84 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:11 PM

LET EM LITIGATE,THE GOOD THING ABOUT LITIGATION IS WITH A GOOD LAWYER YOU CAN CROSS-LITIGATE, AND IF YOU HAVE PICTURES OF THEIR PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKES TRASHING YOUR HOUSE, YOU CAN MAKE THEM WISH THAY GOT INTO THIS MESS!!!

60. bullethead527 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:11 PM

If I was him I would stand my ground and hunt down each kid and end their useless lives.

61. prmpft says: Sep 21, 2013 6:13 PM

when – in fact – the miscreants should have been seriously injured or incarcerated – how upside down is our world?

62. green41563 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:14 PM

I get the feeling that there’s another side to this story.

63. cags777 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:30 PM

randomcommenter says: Sep 21, 2013 5:34 PM

—————————————————————–
    That’s a dumber comment than Florio’s opinion that these kids shouldn’t go to jail for breaking and entering and vandalizing someone’s home. Conservatives are no better with personal responsibility than the liberals you disparage. Take a look at Newt Gingrich, Rush Limbaugh, Ted Nugent, Michele Bachmann, George W. Bush, and many Republican and tea party members in Congress.

64. j0esixpack says: Sep 21, 2013 6:32 PM

Holloway is justifiably angered.

However he let his anger get the best of him. Leave it to law enforcement and the legal process.

Posting names and photos of minors who commit crimes – no matter how crude and thoughtless – doesn’t give Holloway the right to act like a child.

That being said, the parents should simply get a restraining order to prevent Holloway from posting names or photos – not try to greedily cash in for the reckless destruction caused by their poorly raised children.

65. damnsureis says: Sep 21, 2013 6:34 PM

@cometkazie Holloway is responsible for not taking enough action to prevent it from happening? Really?

66. Magyver says: Sep 21, 2013 6:51 PM

“But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control. ”

Wrong.

First of all, it wasn’t a party. Holloway didn’t throw a party, and the teens were not “Party-goers”. The house was not a “party scene”, it was a crime scene.

The list of criminal offenses include”
    * Breaking and entering
    * Vandalism
    * Trespassing
    * Contributing to the delinquency of minors

Some were also guilty of:
    * Burglary
    * And/or petty theft
    * Fleeing the scene to avoid prosecution
    * And/or resisting arrest

All should be arrested. All should be booked, fingerprinted, mug-shots taken and be put into cell until bail is arranged.

The teens are not the victims here, Holloway is.

67. patfanken says: Sep 21, 2013 6:52 PM

Kudos to Cags. He’s right on the money concerning Republican hypocrisy and their tactic of labeling anything they disagree with.

As to the issue. I think Holloway is doing the right thing. Kids have to learn there are consequences to their actions. He’s doing nothing wrong. In fact I’d go one step further. I’d love to see him publish the names of those idiotic PARENTS for all the world to see and revile.

When you sue someone it becomes in the public domain. Lets hold up to scorn the parents who refuse to parent their children. Florio couldn’t be more wrong

68. trajan2448 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:55 PM

The parents who threatened lawsuits are exactly the type of sniveling, spineless, imbeciles who spawn more of the same. Apparently they never learned about ethics, personal responsibility, or integrity so they had nothing to give their children except to spoil them rotten and enable their destructive behavior.

69. bennyb82 says: Sep 21, 2013 6:56 PM

When I was that age I went to parties…gotta say though, if I found out that nobody at the party lived there and the place was getting broken into, I would have definitely left. It is kind of crazy that 300 others did not think they should leave. And they post pictures? These kids are concerned about not getting into college now?

70. bennyb82 says: Sep 21, 2013 7:01 PM

The kids are also accusing Holloway of not having enough food in the fridge. The parents are calling for child abuse charges for not providing an adequate meal.

71. nsideindy says: Sep 21, 2013 7:01 PM

randomcommenter – “This is why liberals are ruining the country. They don’t believe in personal responsibility. The first thought is to make the criminal a victim.”

Great…you are one of those annoying people that turn every topic into a political commentary when it has absolutely no relevance to the story.

72. helix828 says: Sep 21, 2013 7:02 PM

” But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control. ”

Your lawyer is showing.

73. fdugrad says: Sep 21, 2013 7:06 PM

Public school teacher of forty years here. If I had a dollar in the bank for every enabling parent who didn’t provide structure and logical consequences for behaviors, while attempting to befriend, rather than guide/teach their kids, I could retire and not touch a cent of my pension. From first hand , daily knowledge and experience,, trust me, we now have more than TWO generations of kids devoid of any semblance of a measurable work ethic, or sense of responsibility. While I have and had the pleasure of working with some great, industrious, intelligent and concerned kids, sadly, they are substantially outnumbered by the kinds of hoods that broke up Mr Holloway’s house/belongings, assured of and comfortable in the knowledge that their insipid parents will do all they can to once again pull their chestnuts out of the fire and enable their rotten kids to continue their assault on their next victim/s.

74. redsghost says: Sep 21, 2013 7:10 PM

Mike is correct. Those kids SHOULDN’T have to go to jail. Who’s responsible for children’s actions under 18 years of age? THAT who should go to jail. Either raise your children right, or pay the price for their actions. Simple.

75. multiplemiggs says: Sep 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Sorry but you future can and should be compromised…this is why they always tell you be careful what you do and what what u post to facebook. if they truly cared about their future they shouldnt have done it plain amd simple. You telling me 16 year old who commit murder and other heinous crimes deserve to have bright futures? When I was a teenager we would party in the woods, make a fire, and keep it clean. The cops knew we were there, they knew we were young and had nothing better to do. And when we were lucky enough to have a house to hang out at and party we were greatful we had a place to chill besides the woods we and helped clean, and didnt trash anything. For these brats, too bad so sad.

76. swcowboy says: Sep 21, 2013 7:22 PM

At minimum, all 300 are in for conspiracy to commit breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit criminal damage to property, and if any minors were present and some 18 year olds were there they can be hit for contributing to the delinquency of a minor (times the number of minors present).

If they were all minors, charge them with the felonies and direct connect them to probation . If they are adults, give them some time in jail and extended time on probation. Do you want to have any of them as your neighbor without them having consequences for their actions?

77. cometkazie says: Sep 21, 2013 7:35 PM

damnsureis says:
    Sep 21, 2013 6:34 PM
    +-+-+
    No, I’m curious what he may have done to protect his place from something like this.

My family has had a cottage on a lake in N. Vermont for close to 100y. There are things one can do. Not 100% effective, but there are things. Burglary alarms, for one thing.

The onus is on the kids and their parents, IMHO.

78. flatfoot122 says: Sep 21, 2013 7:36 PM

Florio are you kidding me they shouldn’t go to jail. The crime that all 300 kid’s committed is called Criminal Trespass and if they can prove th who caused damage they can be charged with Criminal Mischief. I wonder if you would be so forgiving if this happened to your house.

79. ken14andersonforhof says: Sep 21, 2013 7:38 PM

prosecute the kids and the parents…a month or two in jail could help them for life..some parents baby and back their kids even when they are in the wrong..that is why kids behave like they dont have a lick of sense, responsibility or manners.. if the country would jail kids for the first offense of any crime, instead of waiting for their 17th felony arrest this country would be a better place to live!!

80. pjrhc says: Sep 21, 2013 7:38 PM

Florio, you want the 49ers to address the Aldon Smith DUI, but you don’t want these kids to be punished for CRIME? Dude, you’re wacked! Shock & Awe the nasty punks to jail.

81. 2jivecrew says: Sep 21, 2013 7:48 PM

@j0esixpack

Halloway didn’t put anything online that these kids didn’t already put online themselves. That’s where he got the pics and names in the first place, genius.

82. zatoichi7 says: Sep 21, 2013 7:49 PM

the craziest part of this is that holloway did not originally want the kids to go to jail, he just wanted them to come back to his house, clean it up and fix it. what a classy, forgiving response which would have allowed the kids to step up and make things right without legal consequence. then the parents got involved and messed the whole thing up.

83. TheWizard says: Sep 21, 2013 8:01 PM

It’s relevant to what Florio said.

You know, “soft on crime”, that sort of thing?

Now on the other hand, if any of the perpetrators had on Redskins jerseys………….

84. eaglestrainingcamp says: Sep 21, 2013 8:05 PM

Florio. We are waiting for a retraction. Do you read the comments?

85. bennyb82 says: Sep 21, 2013 8:08 PM

Look, I heard that Aaron Hernandez did this all the time when he was younger…and he turned out fine!

86. greymares says: Sep 21, 2013 8:08 PM

If it’s my kid the only future he will need to think about is the future weeks of healing from the father inflicted wounds as i drag his butt to the police station. and I’d be prepared to pay my fair share for not getting my parenting skills through to him.

87. gmen5280 says: Sep 21, 2013 8:12 PM

I was raised, when you walk out that door you represent God, this family and yourself. These parents should be so Proud of the character they instilled in their offspring.

The parents & their kids should be publicly humiliated.

88. doggeatdogg says: Sep 21, 2013 8:16 PM

Is he still trying to save the little criminals from themselves? Hopefully the parent will sue. Then he can counter sue them for restitution and having to defend against a frivolous lawsuit. And for good measure, he should publish the names of the criminals right next to their photo. This is the new America where you can break into a house to murder someone but sue the home owner that defended themselves and shot you instead. Enough.

89. lostsok says: Sep 21, 2013 8:27 PM

The Bling Ring 2: Sacked For a Loss

90. thegreatgabbert says: Sep 21, 2013 8:28 PM

“Knock, knock!”

“Who’s there?”

“It’s us again, Holloway, Happy Halloween!”.

91. trapshoot says: Sep 21, 2013 8:30 PM

Mommy and daddy are afraid to discipline junior or missy. They might not like it if they’re punished. So mommy and daddy tell the kids they’ll go after the mean man who is upset. Just because his house was trashed. Nice!

92. gbearc says: Sep 21, 2013 8:36 PM

A party that got out of hand?! That’s what you call breaking into his home, vandalizing it, burgling it and then posting pics and texts glorifying their handiwork? What they did was criminal and they should be punished accordingly.

93. leapyrman says: Sep 21, 2013 8:39 PM

What does give me hope are the posters on here that are virtually unanimous in their condemnation of the kids and the parents involved in this. The one that really disappointed me was Mr. Florio and his weak request to not punish the kids too much for their behavior.

94. butch2003 says: Sep 21, 2013 8:40 PM

Excuse me?? Not only should these reprehensible kids spend a weekend with a big fat cellmate named Bubba, but that goes double for their awful parents! Parents need to act like parents; they’re not their child’s best friend. Last I checked breaking and entering was a crime, regardless of your high income. If these were inner city kids, they’d be in jail now. Fair is fair.

95. mjl74 says: Sep 21, 2013 8:41 PM

Holy crap Mike…you’re way off on this one. I want the old-Florio (pre showbiz bigshot) back! Tell us your address, we’ll go have an uninvited party, and we’ll see if you press charges or not.

96. sadskinsfan89 says: Sep 21, 2013 8:46 PM

yea let the kids go for this but we cant stand for the redskins name anymore? priorities? mike u have lost it bro. Go fly the obama flag

97. Andre's Johnson says: Sep 21, 2013 9:06 PM

Note to self. When people vandalize house, do not hire Florio & Associates.

98. kimbleuwo says: Sep 21, 2013 9:10 PM

Don’t blame this guy at all. For anyone who does, what if it was your house?

99. taintedsaints2009 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:11 PM

Teenagers should be caged, and lawyers should be thrown to the wolves.

We now live in a society where criminals are the victims.

100. taintedsaints2009 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:14 PM

Seriously, I hate teenagers and I hate lawyers. I see them a scum of the earth.

101. redsghost says: Sep 21, 2013 9:19 PM

In some ways the Liberal Gov’t contributed to this, along with Dr.Spock etc…. If we whip their butts today for things such as this, the kids scream, parents are arrested for abuse, HRS is camping a person outside your house for the next year and the kids become the victim and along the way, get away with their behavior. IF the Liberals would back off and let the parent’s Parent, then perhaps we wouldn’t have news such as this. I know I would’ve had my butt blistered therefore never did this.

102. killerfrogs says: Sep 21, 2013 9:24 PM

I’m sure that you would just blow it off if it happened at Casa de Florio!

103. jimbo75025 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:25 PM

So, this is not a big deal for the parents? How about if Mr Holloway and quite a few of his very large friends showed up at one of their houses each night to party and trash it.

104. blackbug99 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:35 PM

The best things I saw on this post was no racist nonsense. It seems as a whole that most sane adults see this as kids that need to pay or learn from doing wrong. Entitled or not they need to pay!!

105. db105 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:38 PM

Commit a crime and sue the victim. Only in America.

106. brianjoates says: Sep 21, 2013 9:40 PM

if the parents don’t want to be parents, the schools need to step up, the coaches of any of the kids on any team they play need to set an example for future kids.

Unreal that these parents have not shown up at his door with kid in tow apologizing and putting them to work. Mistakes happen, but take this time to build your character, own up to it, and fix your wrongs.

107. hardate says: Sep 21, 2013 9:40 PM

Do all 30 of them need to go to jail…no.

Whoever decided to throw the “party” and his/her compatriots, should go to jail. Anyone that was dumb enough to document the event they attended via twitter or whatever should be an accomplice.

This is our future folks…

108. sportsmeccabi says: Sep 21, 2013 9:42 PM

I guess no one reads statistics.

Jail or military school never does them any good.

A prison tour, restitution, and removal of privileges (TV, video games, phones, etc) for around 2 months and that should do.

A just punishment and the kids still have a future for themselves.

The damage is bad because there were 300 of them (around a $100 a piece worth of damage) and they were at the end of the day teenagers partying.

109. jmblosser82 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:43 PM

Cometkazie, I am sure the doors and windows were locked, even if they were not that doesn’t give anyone to enters property they do not own, and that’s all that the guy needed. I hope you do not have kids cause you seem like you would sue for for something your child did that was wrong. They all had an opportunity to do the bare minimal to set this right, now it’s time to throw the book at them.

110. 1910nuffsaid says: Sep 21, 2013 9:45 PM

If the parents don’t think their kids did anything wrong, then send the parents to jail. Start making someone responsible for the actions of these brats.

111. youcantmakemepickausername says: Sep 21, 2013 9:46 PM

The next time any of these “parents” go on vacation and someone wants to break into their house and have a party, I’ll pay for the food, booze, DJ, spray paint, and resulting legal fees. Who’s with me?

112. Renewed Republic says: Sep 21, 2013 9:47 PM

Nice.

113. abusementland says: Sep 21, 2013 9:48 PM

So this is what Brian gets for not wearing Under Armor?

“We must protect this house”

114. 12thmanchawk says: Sep 21, 2013 9:52 PM

Its time the children involved learned there are consequences for their actions.

Be glad they didn’t do that at my place, it would have been much much worse for them.

They get what they have coming.

115. 12thmanchawk says: Sep 21, 2013 9:55 PM

RE: sadskinsfan89 says:
    Sep 21, 2013 8:46 PM

——————

I’ll bet you my next paycheck he already does.

Obvious.

116. kate773 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:05 PM

That’s a little too strong. He’s entitled to compensation. He’s also entitled to not be sued for trying to get compensation. But no one should go to jail or have their future compromised by a party that got out of control. Using terms like “shock and awe” suggests that’s what Holloway hopes to do.
    ——————-
    Are you out of your mind? I need to echo all the other posters here by reminding you that this wasn’t a party at one of the kids own houses. THEY BROKE INTO THE HOUSE AND VANDALIZED IT. That’s a serious crime.

I’m 41. I have half my life to live (hopefully). No one would care about ruining the rest of MY life if I broke into someone’s house, vandalized it and caused 20k worth of damages. I don’t buy the excuse that these are just kids that got out of control. I did stupid stuff when I was a teenager, but I also knew that B&E and vandalism is wrong and could get me thrown in jail. These brats are more than old enough to know better. I hope Holloway DOES go shock & awe on these little monsters, if for no other reason than no one other than the victim seems to understand a little thing called consequences.

Your statement, Mike, is a perfect example of enabling parenting.

117. 3kdad says: Sep 21, 2013 10:20 PM

Shock and awe is what I feel right now because of your take Florio. Lost a ton of respect for you Mike. Very disappointed.

118. mp1113 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:22 PM

Yeah someone that broke in to a house and destroyed it shouldn’t go to jail. This country these days

119. cowboyfan45 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:29 PM

post the culprits addresses and everyone should go to their houses and trash it, seems only fair to me…

120. jm91rs says: Sep 21, 2013 10:33 PM

There are likely 2 types of kids that did this, there are the ones that broke in and vandalized, and then there are the ones that probably just got invited to a huge party and thought it was amazing that some rich dude was having a party with high schoolers. I would bet only a handful of the 300 were the bad guys, but then again if I had been one of the innocent party goers I would have shown up to apologize and clean up. Instead there are 300 kids that can’t sleep every night because the law is about to come down on them. I have a 9 month old daughter and I can promise you right now I’ll never enable her the way these “parents” have

121. jerseyshoregiant says: Sep 21, 2013 10:40 PM

blackbug99 says: Sep 21, 2013 9:35 PM

————————–
    Yeah and some of them might need to pay with a jail time.

122. gvinny67 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:45 PM

Should’nt go to jail or have repurcussions for breaking and entering? Please tell me where these kids live and lets all go over there and have a party on the parents of these kids!

123. kate773 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:53 PM

jm91rs says:
    Sep 21, 2013 10:33 PM
    ————–
    I agree with you that not all 300 kids were responsible for the B&E and vandalism. But even if the innocents of those two crimes walked in not knowing what was going on, there’s no way that they were there for more than an hour before someone told them. That’s when those “innocents” should have left. I don’t expect any of them to have stopped the rest of the herd from doing anything, I certainly wouldn’t have attempted to corral 300 people. But that’s when you walk out the door. And if your friends stay, then oh well. Call mom and dad and have them pick you up down the road to save yourself embarrassment.

The fact that most, if not all, stayed despite knowing the deal makes them complicit.

124. bach2112 says: Sep 21, 2013 10:58 PM

Lmao you idiots think one kind is going to jail your out of your minds. You think ANY jail system can handle this volume. Maybe we can let the violent repeat offenders out so there is room. Fine, probation adjudicated, restitution. You tough on crime idiots have no clue the amount of people in prisons and jails in this country. We have more people incarcerated than any country in world and can’t pay for it. The instigators may spend a weekend if they can find them. This pro player is using this as a pulpit and pissing parents off. He better be able to PROVE every picture was taken there or his ass will be sued for slander. Not everyone uses geotagging for pics so be careful what you say. And some of you future super parents have a big surprise coming and you will change your tune when its your little precious one. Shock and awe indentured servant dude talking out butt. Bet his kids lives will be scrutinized to see if he practices what he preaches.

125. judsonjr says: Sep 21, 2013 11:49 PM

If this happened when I was in high school, the parents would have driven the kids to the house to apologize and clean up. The school would have already suspended kids from athletics and after school activities. Whoever instigated the party and broke in would at a bare minimum be doing community service.

126. blackandbluedivision says: Sep 21, 2013 11:58 PM

Wow over 100 comments and no…We are Sparta! jokes?

127. eagles512 says: Sep 22, 2013 12:07 AM

No one should go to jail? Are you kidding?

128. Brian says: Sep 22, 2013 12:20 AM

They broke into the guy’s house and wrecked it. That’s not a party that got out of control. That’s criminal behavior. The fact that he was willing to overlook it if they came and owned up to it means he’s a saint. Those kids and the parents that are defending them? Not so much. They deserve whatever punishment the law allows.

129. agc99 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:48 AM

Parents need to take responsibility. The crime isn’t that the kids got caught.

130. aa1829 says: Sep 22, 2013 8:24 AM

I wish he had been home with his concealed carry license in one hand, and a 45 in the other. Stand your ground Mr. Holloway.

131. matt14gg says: Sep 22, 2013 8:52 AM

I love what Holloway has done, but no one should be surprised by the parents who are threatening legal action. These are the same parents who create these entitled little monsters in the first place. Reminds me of my friend’s son who hit my son in the head with a bat, and she refused to disciplined him because she didn’t want to “ruin his self esteem”. This same child is having “behavior issues” now and the parents can’t figure out why. REALLY!?!?

132. ravensuck says: Sep 22, 2013 9:53 AM

The problem with our society is there aren’t any consequences for your actions! Social media is changing that and these stupid kids will think differently going forward.

133. scubagolfjim says: Sep 22, 2013 1:07 PM

Oh, PULEEEESSSEEE! Oh PLEASE let me be on this jury!!!

I’d make a monetary award in a minute!

$600 Million…. to the VICTIM, Brian Holloway, from each PARENT!!!!
    — and —
    Another 75% of ALL future wages from each kid AWARDED TO Brian Holloway, and to his estate when he passes. And they should be relieved that I wouldn’t make THEIR kids keep paying.

Don’t want the kids pictures and ID posted? Raise them to RESPECT the law and to RESPECT others! Maybe there’ll be fewer lawyers and wall street fidiots from this lot now.

134. cplcrazy says: Sep 22, 2013 2:08 PM

These are not children or kids, they are in fact “young adults” and should be treated as such. If any of the parents want to bury the head that they refuse to use, in the sand then let them. They should also be charged with neglect and endangering the welfare of children or young adults. This is what I call the sissy society, the people that believe their children do no wrong and the sissy court system that caters to them and allows them to think this is ok. These parents are very bad at raising children. My father would have whipped my all the way back to Halloways house and stood over me while I did whatever was asked of me. Then I would suffer the much worse a punishment when I got back home. Better yet, Halloway should be allowed to take at least 100 of his very lager friends to each of these young adults homes and get carried away. Then leave it to each parent to clean up and make the repairs to their own homes. There is a sissy society out there that will write how these comments, including this one are crazy and uncalled for. Now, what we have here are truly BRATS THAT ARE BEING RAISED BY BRATS! A example, my now adult daughter with a PHD teaching at a university in the eastern US was only at college for her second year and wanted to stay on Camus with her new friends. She was only 14 miles away and commuted back and forth. The spring of her second year she was allowed to stay on campus. If, her grades dropped at all, she would have to return home. Guess what happened? She returned home until she graduated. These young adults should own up to what they did and make it right. The parents should keep their noses out of it. Just like they did when they allowed theses criminals to do their dirty deeds. Last but not least, they broke the law not just one, but many laws and if I offended anyone and the shoe fits, wear it

135. fdugrad says: Sep 22, 2013 5:13 PM

This tale reminds me of an honest-to god true story from my long ago youth. One night, when I was a junior in high school in 1968, a senior got loaded with a bunch of his friends one Friday night at some local party, and, using gasoline, burned several vulgarities AND personal remarks about several teachers in the grass-covered oval in front of school. I have no idea what his career military dad did to him behind closed doors, but I DO know two actions taken by the dad. Action one was he marched his son down to the local ARMY recruiting office the following Monday and had him enlist. In addition, dad somehow arranged to have his son work GRATIS for the summer on the school district maintenance crew until he was inducted in September, 1968. Older folks like me recall vividly what was happening in those days militarily, and that was the undeclared war in S.E. Asia. The last thing we all learned about this kid via our local weekly newspaper was, of course, that he was deployed, as that was the period of a massive buildup in Vietnam. I have no idea what happened to this young boy. It is my fervent hope that he returned a healthy, intact individual, and has had a great life. I haven’t thought about this incident since it occurred some forty-five years ago. I suppose it came to mind due to the contrast in parental reaction of the parents in this report vs the reaction/actions of the dad in my memory.

136. Deb says: Sep 22, 2013 9:15 PM

Wrong, Mike. They should go to jail. They broke into another person’s home. They vandalized it. Like the stupid criminals they are, they posted photos of themselves committing the crimes. Holloway made clear he had no intention of pressing charges but wanted only for them to accept responsibility for their actions and for their families to help clean up the damage. Instead, their families–who must have spoiled them rotten to begin with–are pampering the poor widdle criminals.

Since the soft approach didn’t work, Holloway has every right to press charges and sue the families to be reimbursed. Judging by the parents’ response, it’s the best thing that could happen to these kids. They’ll never learn accountability at home.

137. commonsensedude says: Sep 22, 2013 11:09 PM

Mike – your comment that they shouldn’t go to jail is mystifying. Really hope that’s not indicative of your approach to parenting.

The parents here are doing much more harm to their kids’ reputation by reacting this way. Hearing the original story, about the party, I just think “that’s really messed up. Hope they catch the kids.” But hearing the fact that the parents are more concerned about their kids own social media information, which they themselves posted, being reposted by the victim and the fact that only one kid offered to help clean up the mess tells me everything I need to know about the kids AND their useless parents. If I were a college recruiter or interviewing kids for a summer internship and I saw that they were from this town, I would have to give them some serious scrutiny. NOT because of the kids’ original stupidity but because of their parents’ reaction. How can you expect kids to become solid contributors to society and people of character when their parents aren’t even concerned about the pain they inflicted on Holloway?

I wish they would go ahead and sue him so that the parents’ names would be a matter of public record and they can get the public contempt that they so richly deserve.

138. hrmlss says: Sep 23, 2013 12:54 PM

I really hope someone posts Florio’s address on Twitter so he can “host” a party.

139. usdcoyotesfan says: Sep 24, 2013 3:26 PM

This is typical in America. People think kids should be able to remain anonymous just because they’re under 18. They told on themselves and posted what they did on SOCIAL MEDIA!!! And now Holloway is the bad guy for giving away their names. What a load of BS.

140. cheddarisbeddar says: Sep 26, 2013 5:44 PM

I feel sorry for you and your son if that is truly what you believe.

There is ZERO accountability in today’s society.

141. athwartships says: Sep 27, 2013 1:25 PM

Very bad parenting creates very bad kids and cycle continues….get a good lawyer and stick it to these losers…..and counter sue for damages of course.

142. captaingills says: Sep 27, 2013 1:55 PM

Obviously, liberal parents.

143. mutohasaposse says: Sep 28, 2013 4:52 PM

Last time a bunch of kids broke into a football players house they thought was empty Sean Taylor got shot. It’s more than just kids drinking and having fun. They committed a crime that potentially could have been worse. If Halloway was home and shot them in fear what would have happened?

Love the comment about how this article would have been different if the kids were wearing Redskins jerseys. Likely would have had them tarred and feathered to teach them a lesson.