Andre Johnson has shin bruise

Johnson Getty Images

Another week, another injury for Texans receiver Andre Johnson.

Last Sunday, Johnson suffered a concussion against the Titans, thanks to an illegal hit from Tennessee safety Bernard Pollard.  This Sunday, Johnson suffered a leg injury.

According to the Texans, it’s a bruised shin.

He could be seen with a bag of ice strapped to the leg toward the end of the loss to Baltimore.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
14 Responses to “Andre Johnson has shin bruise”
  1. elmerbrownelmerbrown says: Sep 22, 2013 4:37 PM

ok

2. melikefootball says: Sep 22, 2013 4:41 PM

Talking of illegal hits called. Today after watching all the games I have to say this rule is causing teams to lose games. The refs call what they think they see and just as many have been bad calls or suspect calls. I just wish the TV commentators would be as tough on these contracted refs as they were on replacements for calls that aren’t there. May we see the day they are fined as players for the inconsistent calls from game to game and in the same games. Just think my team hasn’t played yet and then I really get amped.

3. wearethechampsandyourenot says: Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

he lost his shin & his pride to the world champions.

you dont win in baltimore

#learnyourlesson #youhaveneverbeatenMEinbaltimore

4. snccoach says: Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Kubiak must have come down with a bout of amnesia as well. Apparently he forgot that they have receivers that can also play. Embarrassing dink and dunk offense today.

5. wearethesteelers says: Sep 22, 2013 5:10 PM

Walk it off.

6. mikemj says: Sep 22, 2013 5:13 PM

Reminds me of those NHL commercials: “You wouldn’t make it in the NHL.”

7. thecrabcakestate says: Sep 22, 2013 5:33 PM

wearethechampsandyourenot…

Have some class. I’m a ravens fan but even I think you’re obnoxious and ignorant

8. daddyb1gdrawz says: Sep 22, 2013 5:34 PM

He is another injury prone player. I do not know if its age catching up to Andre Johnson but I swear this guy is always hindered with little injuries. I am not sure if the problem is Matt Schaub’s inability to throw the ball vertically or the design of the offense. Either way, with the stretch run play and the dink and dunk nature of their pass plays they seem more horizontal than vertical.

9. tombradystolemyuggs says: Sep 22, 2013 6:01 PM

he can borrow some make up from tom brady to cover up the bruise

10. allidoiswin55 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:04 PM

The seahawks are 4-5 on the road their past few games and aren’t even clicking on offense, they will come into Houston and beat down this team. Their wrs are hurt and most likely won’t do anything even if they weren’t. Hawks defense is just that good. If foster does well they have a shot, but I not most fans would put money on that bet. Heal up Andre but the seahawks are lucky to get this team at this point in the season.

11. gpry says: Sep 22, 2013 7:07 PM

Soft

12. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 22, 2013 7:08 PM

THANK GOD I DRAFTED JIMMY GRAHAM INSTEAD OF HIM!

13. allidoiswin55 says: Sep 22, 2013 9:25 PM

*Seahawks have won 4 of 5 last road game, get well Andre be ready to battle Houston. Two teams with sb expectations

14. nyjetsfan08 says: Sep 23, 2013 11:46 AM

Goodness, how many players has Bernard injured over his career? I’d like to see someone to put him out for a year and see how it feels.