Banner says Browns have “no intention” of making additional trades

cleveland-browns_1373311218515_439528_ver1.0_320_240 Getty Images

With the Browns moving arguably their best offensive player to Indy, the question becomes whether other trades will be made.

Browns CEO Joe Banner tells PFT that the Browns have “no intention of making any additional trades.”

It’s hardly a slamming of the door.  In February, Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman emphasized that his team had “no intent” of trading receiver Percy Harvin.  And then they did.

It would be prudent, then, to keep an eye on the possibility of teams making offers that the Browns would have a hard time refusing, especially if losses mount over the next five weeks — and if contending teams suffer injuries at positions where the Browns have players that could fill those needs.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
21 Responses to “Banner says Browns have “no intention” of making additional trades”
  1. gloomysmitty says: Sep 22, 2013 1:16 PM

Eagles and josh Gordon make to much sense so for that it won’t happen

2. wearethesteelers says: Sep 22, 2013 1:19 PM

Cleveland lives in eternally sadness.

3. maritime85 says: Sep 22, 2013 1:21 PM

please trade Cameron to giants

4. newagerocker says: Sep 22, 2013 1:25 PM

As an Eagles fan fluent in Reid / Banner speak this means that anyone & everything is up for grabs including the sconces on the stadium. Crazy Joe’s prices are INSANE!

5. bigzant82 says: Sep 22, 2013 1:26 PM

Joe Banner is not too be trusted as well as Mike Lombardi dey will force this team too move too LA or worse

6. phinfan says: Sep 22, 2013 1:27 PM

I hope the dolphins can pluck their oline.

But then again… there are a ton of teams that could use their oline.

7. elliottcovert says: Sep 22, 2013 1:31 PM

If I was Joe Thomas I would be demanding a trade

8. icelovinbrotha215 says: Sep 22, 2013 1:32 PM

Same Banner. Different zip code. I feel your pain Cleveland.

9. JMClarkent says: Sep 22, 2013 1:34 PM

Darn. Now _____ will have to wait until offseason cuts to sign Brandon Weedon!

10. bringbackkosar says: Sep 22, 2013 1:39 PM

and I have no intention of consuming a lot of beer today, but I probably will

11. kenstabler says: Sep 22, 2013 1:41 PM

Thank god the Browns and Jets have taken over the mantel of dispair.

This was really one of the dumbest trades the NFL has ever seen. The browns must have been really down on this kid after what they gave up to get him. Really a head scratcher to really only get a late first rounder, I think the colts would have done more. A first 3rd and a 7th made total sense.

Anyway, just glad the Raiders are off the troll radar.

12. eatitfanboy says: Sep 22, 2013 1:46 PM

icelovinbrotha215 says:
    Sep 22, 2013 1:32 PM
    Same Banner. Different zip code. I feel your pain Cleveland.

5 NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance. I think Browns fans will sign up for that kind of “pain” every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

13. eatitfanboy says: Sep 22, 2013 1:49 PM

kenstabler says:
    Sep 22, 2013 1:41 PM
    Thank god the Browns and Jets have taken over the mantel of dispair.

========

Nobody currently working for the Browns, or their current owner, had anything to do with what the franchise gave up to get him.

They need a franchise QB, Richardson was giving production you could get from an undrafted free agent, and someone was desperate enough to give them the extra pick they will need to ensure they can move up next year and get one of the top QBs available.

I don’t understand what people don’t understand about this trade.

14. howiefeltersnatch says: Sep 22, 2013 2:06 PM

How is this news. Belichick has no intention of trading Tom Brady but would if the pricve was right.

15. eatitfanboy says: Sep 22, 2013 2:15 PM

And oh by the way, that’s some kind of tank job the Richardsonless Browns are doing in Minnesota today.

16. harrisonhits2 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:18 PM

At this point I think the Cleveland fans wish they could trade Banner.

17. critic02 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:25 PM

Hey steeler nation….looks like the browns will take two from you knuckleheads. One in Ctown and one at your factory of disallusionment.

18. thestrategyexpert says: Sep 22, 2013 5:18 PM

So they are continuing on with overconfidence in their crew of players? Ok then.

19. jrs45 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:59 PM

I would certainly keep Gordon. Wow!

20. bluntsmokinskinsfan says: Sep 22, 2013 7:33 PM

I don’t see what the big deal is. A new regime is in town and they are in rebuild mode. There’s nothing wrong with that.

21. brownmud says: Sep 23, 2013 12:42 PM

I’m a Browns fan and I was happy to see the trade. We over drafted TRich in my opinion. A RB 3rd overall is high, unless by chance they turn in to AP which TRich is not. We got a first round pick for him NOW, which we would not have got if we waited to trade him after the season. I’m not a huge fan of the front office but I agree with them on this one. If they trade Gordon however, I’ll be upset.