Detroit holds on to win, Washington drops to 0-3

Detroit Lions v Washington Redskins Getty Images

For the first time ever, the Lions have won in Washington.

Snapping a 21-game road losing streak at Washington, the Lions held on to win 27-20 today, improving their record to 2-1 and dropping winless Washington to 0-3.

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford had a big game against a suspect Washington secondary, completing 25 of 42 passes for 385 yards and two touchdowns. Stafford did throw one bad interception that was returned for a touchdown by DeAngelo Hall, but for the most part Stafford was free of mistakes and effective at spreading the ball around to all of his receivers. It’s particularly good news for the Lions that their offense played well on a day when starting running back Reggie Bush was out with a knee injury. Although Joique Bell doesn’t have Bush’s blazing speed, Bell was solid in the first start of his NFL career.

Washington quarterback Robert Griffin III had a decent game passing the ball, completing 32 of 49 passes for 326 yards, but he had a costly interception on a bad decision when he was getting chased out of the pocket. And although Griffin also gained 37 yards on the ground, most of that came on one 21-yard run, a run that ended with a Griffin fumble.

Washington has now dug an 0-3 hole for itself, although in the weak NFC East it’s still possible that the defending division champions could come back and make a run to the playoffs. But that 0-3 hole is deep.

Permalink 127 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
127 Responses to “Detroit holds on to win, Washington drops to 0-3”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

If EVER any proof that this league hates the Redskins!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! RGIII didn’t fumble and Aldrick Robinson CAUGHT THAT TD! I’m done with Roger Goodell and his BIASED OFFICIALS. WE WERE SCREWED!!!! I’m not giving Football a second more of my time or money this year! Way to chase off a fan of 20 years. You can have your WWE-ish SCRIPTED Football! I don’t want it or won’t be a part of it! THAT IS ALL. #GoodellKilledFootball

2. huskersrock1 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

RG0and3!

3. richiesaurus310 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

LOL welcome to 0-3 Redskins!
    #RG0-3 #Overrated #Lastyearwasafluke #Redskinssuck #Changethename #Welcomebacktoreality #Lastplace

@Logicalvoicesays

4. 123makarov says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

The Cleveland Browns have more wins than Washington and the Giants combined.

5. 8to80texansblog says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

@logicalvoicesays You make it so fun to watch the Washingtons lose

#RG0-3

6. abninf says: Sep 22, 2013 4:33 PM

RG0-3. Redskins fans are learning a painful lesson about off season smack talking. They were the biggest smack talkers by far. Haha

7. payton2kemp says: Sep 22, 2013 4:33 PM

@unlogical voice… let me guess Washington didn’t want to win today either right? It’s all part of the game plan.

8. audient says: Sep 22, 2013 4:33 PM

where are you logicalvoice?

9. douglasmark85 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:34 PM

The fact that the Redskins only lost by 7 at home is a good sign for this season’s future Superbowl champs. Losing by less each week is how Washington envisioned storming the league. HTTR!

10. Deb says: Sep 22, 2013 4:34 PM

Sorry to see the ‘Skins and RGIII struggling. But that logicalvoices nut who talks smack to fans of every other team while his hasn’t won a game deserves it.

11. bigwayne75 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Oh Logical, what is your excuse now, we all are waiting.

12. fourthand20 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

BTW: The 15 yard “hitting a defenseless receiver” penalty is the lamest in the NFL rulebook.

13. gdublud says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

let me guess, conspiracy? Wah Wah Wah! RG3 losses in a row. I can hear Logicalvoice crying now, “It was a Touchdown!” “They recovered the onside kick!” ” The refs and the league have it in for the Redskins!” calling the Waaaaaaaaaambulance now. Face it, your Redskins are overrated, overhyped, and over paid. They, like you are lost and don’t know what to do. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

#Losers #0-3 #First pick in the draft.

14. payton2kemp says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Nothing against Washington it’s just this logicalvoice guy is driving everyone crazy so now I love to see them lose.

15. hatesycophants says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Well done.

Leo’s alone at the top of the North!

16. chasechorleone313 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Where are the lions haters now?

17. robman91 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

rg3 looked better today, which is promising. i think he will be back to his former self very soon. if robinson catches that td pass, maybe the skins win. that defense is still bad though so i dont see the skins winning more than 5-6 games this year sadly.

18. flickaboogie says: Sep 22, 2013 4:35 PM

Welcome to the Calvin Johnson Rule Washington.

19. johnnycash19 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:36 PM

I wonder if logicalvoice will take a page out of Kwames playbook “Yall just setting me up for a comeback”

20. bucrightoff says: Sep 22, 2013 4:37 PM

RG3FirstRoundPicksForAGimp.

21. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 4:37 PM

RG 0-3

22. scouter2012 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:37 PM

Fail to the redskins!

23. nomoreseasontix says: Sep 22, 2013 4:39 PM

RG0-3

24. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 4:39 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

———————————————-

It’s the spirit of Native Americans.

25. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 4:40 PM

Too bad you didn’t get a real QB like R. Wilson.

26. braceyourselffor12 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:40 PM

I expect a Scanners like scene were logicalvoice’s head explodes.

27. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 4:40 PM

Deb says: Sep 22, 2013 4:34 PM

————————————————

As opposed to Pittsburgh.

28. Brian Basher says: Sep 22, 2013 4:41 PM

0 and logicalvoicesays Redskins suck

29. thetroofishere says: Sep 22, 2013 4:41 PM

And with the Redskins falling to 0-3 at the bottom of the division, balance has been restored to the universe.

Last year’s seven game win streak to the division championship was an anamoly.

30. jakec4 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Guys that don’t win don’t get nicknames. He isn’t RG3, he’s Griffin. I tried saying that out of Luck, Kap, Wilson, and Griffin that Griffin was the fluke. It’s just the odds.

31. sgtr0c says: Sep 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Logical, you realize that you are the sole reason your team is losing this year. You have angered the football gods with all your over confidence.

32. 9erssince85 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Skins are horrendous and it goes to show last year was a fluke. You guys were better off not making the playoffs and Bob wouldn’t have gotten hurt. Skins will be cleaning house at the end of the season and may take a QB in 2014. Sorry Bob, but this is the NFL and not Baylor. No more gimmick offense

33. 1bigtex says: Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

How can the Skins possibly be 0-3? I read on these very pages about how that team is “stacked” and operates under divine providence. I’m beginning to think that our friend, the logical one, might not know what he’s talking about. Just a hunch.

34. 1bigtex says: Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

35. The Shoeman says: Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

You have just been . . Shanahan’ed again !

36. eglsfan says: Sep 22, 2013 4:44 PM

@logicalvoicesays

Dude you hade the Skins playing in the Super Bowl in January & 3 weeks in you play the “conspiracy card”…dude you are a disgrace as an NFL fan…….live with your team & don’t be a Nancy when they blow goat & go 0-3……that is 0-3 in the conference too egghead

37. denver1979 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Logicalvoicesays, watching you kick and scream like a three year old who hasn’t gotten his way is almost as much fun as watching Denver score 4+ a game. Not so tough when you can’t back all your s -talking BS huh?

38. nypd1056 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

logicalvoicesays says: Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM

There’s a difference between reality & fantasy. You live in a fantasy world. I as NY GIANTS fan live in the reality world. The Giants will play well and then the will give up 38 points. The first loss ever to Detroit. ITS FOOTBALL. ITS A GAME. Get over it. . Your redskins defense gave up over 1467 yards in the first 3 games this season. The most any team has given up since the 1951 Yanks.

39. buckeyefan1026 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

This is why I was glad that the Browns didn’t trade 3 1sts and a 2nd for RGIII. RGIII is a great player, but that is just too much to give up for one player imo. Now they are 0-3 and every loss they have is an advantage for the Rams since the Skins don’t have a 1st that they desperately need this year.

Having said that, I guess it wouldn’t have made much difference if the Browns had used 3 1st’s or not :(

40. The Shoeman says: Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

The Skins , are always good for a laugh!
    suck at football , , but funny anyway.

41. robman91 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:46 PM

do you guys really not realize that logical is a troll? he does this to get a reaction out of you. i would bet money he isn’t even a redskins fan.

42. douglasmark85 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:46 PM

@logical …Lyndon Larouche says he’s got the goods for you to bring this whole house of cards DOWN. He’ll send you the proof again during tonight’s game but don’t fall asleep this time…oh, and don’t forget to wear your aluminum foil hat. HHTR!

43. hitthemup13 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:47 PM

Winless……
    Now that’s out the way where is my drinks really, you just can’t have key drives turn into Hey you want the ball oops I forgot we just make mistake all the time uh………..really where’s my daaaaaa DRINK

44. metrocritical says: Sep 22, 2013 4:47 PM

From Detroit and around PFT, I’m not sure what’s better, the Lion victory or the potential silencing of the (il)logicalvoice.

45. mancave001 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:48 PM

Watching logicslvoicesays lose it and blame the league is priceless. PRICELESS!!!!

46. lionsletdie says: Sep 22, 2013 4:50 PM

@logicalvoice

FailToTheRedskins

That is all.

47. romosrevenge says: Sep 22, 2013 4:51 PM

Countdown to Cousins. RG3 will go down as biggest bust in last year’s draft. Oh, and the rest of the team is just as bad.

48. cwk22 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:52 PM

Good. Logicalvoices is gone. Hopefully thegreatgabbert will be next.

49. dcapettini says: Sep 22, 2013 4:53 PM

Hey! Stop picking on ‘Logicalvoicesays’. He offers what little comic relief this website has. If you get on him, he may grab his foot and tear himself in half.
    Logical: You are absolutely right. It is all a vast conspiracy by the Native Americans. You didn’t know that Goodell is 1/8 Cherokee and that only Native American officials are selected for Washington games. Dan Snyder is in on it too. He pretends that he wants the team to win, but secretly he places bets on their opponents. That is how he gets all his money.

50. nypd1056 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:55 PM

I just got a news flash from CNN, there is a run on ambulances in the DC area as redskins fans attempt mass suicide as they choke after todays game.

51. nypd1056 says: Sep 22, 2013 4:58 PM

The silence from @logicalvoicesays is deafening. I hope he is all right. I enjoy his idiot ranting’s. It makes my day.

52. mlgamboa2 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:00 PM

Good riddance to logical voice and his illogical ways of thinking. I hope to god he is truly done with football as he says but, I have a feeling he will troll PFT again next week. By the way what the hell does Goodell have to do with your team sucking arse?

53. Deb says: Sep 22, 2013 5:00 PM

@realitycheckbaby …

The difference, JoeMontanaFlacco, is that, unlike you and logicalvoices, I don’t talk smack to fans of other teams–whether Pittsburgh is winning or losing. You’ll notice I congratulated your Ravens on their win today. I didn’t slam the ‘Skins or their other fans here. My post was directed solely to one dingaling. Of course, I can give as good as I get when it’s necessary and the Powers That Be allow.

54. suhisbetterthanu says: Sep 22, 2013 5:01 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM
    ____________________________________

Welcome to the Calvin Johnson Rule and teach griffin to slide.

55. cwk22 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:03 PM

I hope Logicalvoices means it when he says he’s done with football. We will (NOT) miss you!

56. mrlaloosh says: Sep 22, 2013 5:03 PM

logicalvoicesays, #FTTR!

57. gibson34 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:04 PM

I hear crickets illogical voice iii…..lmao. and to all those 4skins fans talking smack…

HOW BOUT THOSE COWBOYS!!!1

FTTR

FAIL TO THE REDSINS…LMAO.

58. baddegg says: Sep 22, 2013 5:05 PM

The Redskins played a LOT better, but just made too many mistakes to win. Penalties, turnovers, and dropped balls took lots of scoring opportunities away.

You cannot blame this game on the defense. You take away RGIII’s fumble, foolish INT, and Robinson’s drop — heck even take ONE of them away, and they might have won. Of course, “woulda, coulda, shoulda.”

Anyway, on the bright side, Griffin is definitely getting better. He was actually very accurate on his throws today. He still doesn’t have tremendous burst, but showed that he can run for a first down if need be.

They are getting better every week, but 0-3 is really too big of a hole to climb out of I fear…

59. baddegg says: Sep 22, 2013 5:07 PM

romosrevenge says:
    Sep 22, 2013 4:51 PM

————

Did you watch the game? Griffin didn’t play that bad. Really it was unforced errors that did him in. Some of those were on him but all correctable.

60. thestrategyexpert says: Sep 22, 2013 5:11 PM

If WAS was a well designed team and had a good DC and HC, then they could have beat DET today by more than 20 points. This was such an ugly game by both teams and the second win of the season for the Lions due to overwhelming competitor incompetence. We’ll take it and thanks!

61. audient says: Sep 22, 2013 5:13 PM

buckeyefan1026 says:
    Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM

Except that the Browns won today. No separate article here on PFT about that yet. Who cares? Never wanted RG3, certainly not at the price of all those picks. GO BROWNS!

62. jskzoocrew says: Sep 22, 2013 5:13 PM

@logicalvoice

THE REFS THE REFS!!!!!!!

The rules were exceptionally explained today.
    Looks like your prediction of 14-2 for your redskins may be off. (Laughing)

63. boyshole25 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:13 PM

Lions MVP today Ed hochuli and rgiii

64. thevauntedchris says: Sep 22, 2013 5:14 PM

Clearly my team bought in way too hard on their offseason hype. They look terrible on both sides of the ball. Yowza. Penalties, tackling, blown coverages all day, bad QB play, drops…i could keep going

65. boyshole25 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:14 PM

All I wish is that jets keep losing so Rex Ryan can be the next DC in DC. Haslett is atrocious

66. bcfalcon says: Sep 22, 2013 5:17 PM

So i’m guessing the rams will have 2 top 15 picks, Good for them!

67. seatownballers says: Sep 22, 2013 5:19 PM

I called it. Logical blames the league, refs,and the commish for another loss. Maybe they read your comments logicaltroll, and you’re right. They are firing back at you

68. tsr3000 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:23 PM

Came here to mock logical voices. Ha. Ha.

69. dcfan999 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:25 PM

It’s ok the NFC east is weak and even if Dallas wins the division there not going anywhere and were not dead last giants are 0-3 has well

70. lurch61 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:29 PM

LOL upon hearing the Skins lost I logged on here JUST to see what crap logicalvoice was gonna leave. FOr sure wasnt disappointed with his backpeddling. Maybe soon he will disappear out of embarrasment

71. fdugrad says: Sep 22, 2013 5:41 PM

I still believe that logical writes for The Onion.

72. Waffle 2.0 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:42 PM

Schwartz acts like a turd even in victory throwing his headset down after the clock expires. That guys ceases to amaze me.

How can he hold his players accountable when he himself is a cancer.

73. isphet71 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:45 PM

That rant by Logical Voice in the first comments section is epic. I don’t know why everyone thumbs-downed it. I cackled in glee with every word.

74. ahs2 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:45 PM

I love watching opponents of the Lions blame the refs and say they’re biased…ROTFLMAO!!!

75. warhammer420 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:46 PM

It’s been a good day for Lions fans. The win, and packers and vikings lose. Now hopefully the steelers can beat the bears tonight!

76. sgtr0c says: Sep 22, 2013 5:46 PM

It is really kinda obvious that realitycheckbaby is logicalvoice.

77. isphet71 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:47 PM

Kirk Cousins is a legit QB – Just you watch. He will be the one that sticks and has a long NFL career.

I’m not saying he’s going to be a super stud; but I think he’s going to be in the league for a long, long time.

78. randomguy9999 says: Sep 22, 2013 5:55 PM

RG3 blew it up last year when he couldn’t get his head around attempting to be a franchise QB instead of a scrambler trying to do it all himself…

scramblers are never franchise guys… they end up missing or playing bad from injuries for at least 6 games a year…

I can’t believe that anyone ever debated about Luck v RG3… Luck is in every game and he’s building franchise QB skills…. RG3 is 0-3, is fumbling on runs, throwing ridiculous picks, and has been hurt for 11 months….

79. wholelottaawesome says: Sep 22, 2013 5:56 PM

Larrydavid and logicalvoice,

Maybe you two can get together and polish your 30 year old trophies together in late December since it looks like you’ll have plenty of spare time.

80. tombradystolemyuggs says: Sep 22, 2013 6:02 PM

its ok RG3.. at least you make money selling subs instead of uggs

81. tinbender2000 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:05 PM

@thestrategyexpert: I always wondered why someone named “thestragetyexpert” didn’t know the first thing about NFL football, then you come out today as a Lions fan. That explains everything.

82. l0gicalv0icesays says: Sep 22, 2013 6:10 PM

Top 5 most overrated players of all time
    1. Rg3
    2. Rg3
    3. Rg3
    4. Rg3
    5. Rg3

In that order
    #seasonover

83. umrguy42 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:10 PM

“#First pick in the draft.”

I doubt it (there’s always the Jags), but as a Rams fan, I can hope. (Hey, it’s all I’ve got right now…)

84. rccola39 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:22 PM

@ logicalvoice

you think any lions fan gonna feel bad that td got called back? calvin rule called back on lions like every other week, but you was ok with that until it happens to your team..niiice

85. stampnhawk says: Sep 22, 2013 6:24 PM

From the article, I am wondering what Washington’s team name is…it was never mentioned.

86. socalskinsfan21 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:27 PM

I did not have a problem with the overturned TD, as that is the rule, (stupid or not) and the lions have been burned many a time by the CJ rule.(ironic?)

Even at 0-3 I don’t see any reason to panic just yet, as the Ginas look god awful, and Chip Kelly’s world domination tour is not exactly going as planned. The cowboys will also have their share of downs, as they do every year.

87. lagg1 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:28 PM

Well Washington is 0 an 3 and the curse of 21 years of no SB wins is counting again soon to be 22.

88. skinsfan91 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:37 PM

Such a frustrating game. We had so many chances to take the lead then it’s a fumble, incomplete td even though he broke the plain with possession of the ball. Morris breaks a big run, nope, holding. Just crap on top of crap.

89. whatjusthapped says: Sep 22, 2013 6:38 PM

All the BS of Logicsays aside, the Redskins have the worst defense in the NFL. In a qb driven league, you have got to be able to stop the pass and Washington has shown no signs of a pass defense.

Not to pile on but at this point, 0-16 is looking like a real possiblity.

90. malieckal says: Sep 22, 2013 6:39 PM

Hochuli blew Robinson’s TD – he caught the ball, was then touched by a DB, then crossed the goal line, then knee touched with the ball breaking the plane clearly in possession. Touchdown.

That said, in Goodell’s NFL, teams need to be able to surmount an egregiously blown call. Even a 57 yard bomb. Game turned on Griffin’s fumble after a long run – he tried to go down safely, but didn’t slide feet-first. Game is a pisser sometimes.

As the saying goes, it’s always darkest before the dawn. I bite my cheek and take note of the ‘RG Knee’/ RG3-out/ RG 0-3′ posters et al & am scouring the web for people who sell humble pie made out of crow. Because I’ll send ‘em out for free when the worm turns. It will – believe that…

91. l0gicalv0icesays says: Sep 22, 2013 6:43 PM

And with the 1st pick in the 2014 nfl draft, the Washington redskins select…oh wait
    #0-16

92. harrisonhits2 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:46 PM

malieckal says:

_____________________________

Since all TDs are reviewed it wasn’t just Hochuli it was also the replay official who must have agreed with him.

Furthermore when a pass is involved simply breaking the plane is not enough. You must maintain possession all the way to the ground and protect it from bobbling around when/if the ball hits the ground.

Quite a number of “TDs” have been overturned this year already because of this.

93. rbell2123 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:56 PM

I think we should call him side show Bob.

94. packersarethebest says: Sep 22, 2013 7:00 PM

@logicalvoices – thanks for making my day much better!

95. zingo1978 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:05 PM

Allow we Lions fans to clearly explain the Calvin Johnson rule to you as we have years of experience with it. Whether the WR catches the pass in the end zone or outside of it is irrelevant. If the WR is going to the ground during the process of the catch and no “Clear” football move is made, they must maintain full control throughout the entire process.

Clearly not a catch.

96. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 22, 2013 7:06 PM

Logicalvoices. Your team lost to the Lions dude.

THIS IS THE LIONS. THEY HAVE MORE ABANDONED BUILDINGS AND STRAY DOGS IN DETROIT THAN HUMANS AND YOU LOST TO THAT TEAM.

#RGLOL

97. goodellisruiningtheleague says: Sep 22, 2013 7:06 PM

RG3 is as big of a bust as Jamarcus Russell..

#MoveTheRedskinsToLA

98. FlashPatterson says: Sep 22, 2013 7:07 PM

logicalvoicesays says:
    Sep 22, 2013 4:32 PM
    ————————————
    You post so often on this site that I doubt you have a life outside of trolling football articles. So if you’re really gone, I’m psyched. But we all know you have nothing else to live for.

99. timbuttrum says: Sep 22, 2013 7:10 PM

MDS, are you refusing to use the name “Redskins” too?

100. lioncrazy says: Sep 22, 2013 7:20 PM

The Overhead cameras for the Lions went out before the game and were not able to take pics of what the Redskins were doing. The sportsmanship was later displayed by Shanahan and Management by sharing the pics they were able to gain from their camera, when they didn’t have to do it. Very Classy!!!

101. peytonsneck18 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:21 PM

the bad part is…the redskins still owe the Rams a #1 for IRG3

102. skinsfan91 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:23 PM

Will you guys stop saying “Logical”? If he’s such an idiot then why give him such attention? He’s just some dude who popped up when RGIII popped up and started running loose at the mouth. Not all Redskins fans were talking up the Redskins all season. It was Logical, how does one guy equate an entire fan base?

103. peytonsneck18 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:29 PM

lol@skins fans

104. malieckal says: Sep 22, 2013 7:29 PM

‘Harrison Hits’ is 100% correct that all scores are reviewed, so it’s not ALL on Hochuli. Good point.

That said, it was his call. And he was wrong.

That is a touchdown.

Again, you have to expect a bogus call in today’s NFL. One wildly incorrect call on a TD is not good enough to undo a loss. But it swung the tide.

One wonders if the reason all TDs are subject to review doesn’t have something to do with Vegas…

105. peytonsneck18 says: Sep 22, 2013 7:29 PM

how bout Luck and them Colts!!!!!

106. thestrategyexpert says: Sep 22, 2013 7:30 PM

tinbender2000:

Glad you found your answers. Sure would have been a more fun game though if Dan Snyder could figure out the answers that his team needs. I heard something about some kind of yardage record, but not the good kind of record because it had to do with how much the R’s defense gave up. I never truly knew until today just how offensive this team could really be, or rather how easy it is to be offensive against them.

107. hatesycophants says: Sep 22, 2013 7:43 PM

Go Steelers!!!

It psychologically damaged me to type that.

108. zingo1978 says: Sep 22, 2013 8:01 PM

@maliekal

“The TD was clearly in his grasp, he was touched, he was down, and as we all know, *the ground CANNOT cause a fumble*. Robinson was touched. He took steps with possession. His knee touched in the end zone with possession.”

You still seem to be having trouble with how this clearly defined rule works. It’s ok, we are here to help. It does not matter that he was touched. It does not matter that he broke the plane. The ground cannot cause a fumble statement does not apply here. It does not matter that his knee touched. It does not matter that he took steps.

Now that that’s cleared up, lets talk about what does matter. Was he going to the ground during the process of a TD catch? Did the ball at any time come loose? If you can say yes to both of these, then its not a catch. Your welcome.

109. 2ndaryinsanity says: Sep 22, 2013 8:03 PM

I LIKE it when illogical voice of reason comments on threads. Yes,he’s a pathetic troll…but he is entertaining and it’s so much fun to give him a hard time

110. murlikoushik says: Sep 22, 2013 8:05 PM

LogicalVoices in a private blog has blamed the terrible performance of the Team That Plays in Washington to the extreme liberal policies followed by President Obama. Fox News is carrying this story live and today’s Huckabee has made this blog their main story.

111. gregmorris78 says: Sep 22, 2013 8:36 PM

I was at the game

Robinson didn’t hold on to the potential go ahead td and due to rules governing sliding, griffin fumbled. I’d think griffin would know nfl sliding in and out but he was trying to make a play.

Too bad. It was not fun…

112. bigbenh8tr says: Sep 22, 2013 8:37 PM

Quit living in denial. Shanahan agreed w the calls and they were obvious to anyone who follows football and understands the rules.

113. nflsecurity862 says: Sep 22, 2013 8:43 PM

Remember when the Browns were dumb for not mortgaging their future on RG0-3?

Hahahahahahaha!

114. mdpgc says: Sep 22, 2013 9:22 PM

by Ives Goddard, curator and senior linguist in the Department of Anthropology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution. A specialist in Algonquian languages, he serves as the linguistic editor and technical editor of the Handbook of North American Indians.

115. rbhttr says: Sep 22, 2013 9:36 PM

Don’t know what’s more disappointing. Redskins or peoples intelligence ranking local voice isn’t the old Cowboy troll boyroll. Really people. He should win an award for how bad r makes some of you look. Same thing he did with boysroll.

116. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Sep 22, 2013 9:38 PM

It’s really sad to see the deadskins 0-3…ROTGL

117. chazatlas says: Sep 22, 2013 9:54 PM

I knew after not playing ‘at all’ during pre-season RGIII would be rusty but didn’t think the funk would last this long.

118. ivanpavlov0000 says: Sep 22, 2013 11:04 PM

I just watched the fumble. The refs got the call correct. RGIII fell down untouched and fell forward. That’s a live ball. It looks like he lost his footing a little and that’s why he fell forward.

The pass … Calvin Johnson rule! The Washington receiver did not complete a “football act” after catching the ball.

Stafford actually didn’t play that great. He overthrew some open receivers. The score shouldn’t have been this close.

Suh dominated! But that didn’t get mentioned either.

119. 1bigtex says: Sep 22, 2013 11:52 PM

Of all the teams who have started 0-3 during the history of the NFL, exactly 5 have made the playoffs.

120. fredmac33 says: Sep 23, 2013 12:26 AM

socalskinsfan21 says: Sep 22, 2013 6:27 PM

_____________________________________

ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

The fumble was a fumble…you just have no clue what the rules are.

RG111 was NOT tackled or pushed down or touched on the way down. He fell down completely on his own so the play is still live.

How many times have you seen a back or a receiver slip down and then get up and continue running? It happens all of the time. They are NOT down until they are touched down (unless falling down was forced by a defender or they were touched in the process of falling down).

“The ground can’t cause a fumble” only applies to TACKLES and he was not tackled. He fell forward on his own, was not touched and lost control of the ball. You see, we call this a fumble.

I will use ignorant in a sentence:

“socalskinsfan21 is ignorant of the NFL rules.”

121. lks311 says: Sep 23, 2013 12:32 AM

“socalskinsfan21 says:
    Sep 22, 2013 6:27 PM
    Trolls will thumbs down this all day, however the fumble was not actually a fumble as not only was RG3 knee down, but the ground also forced the ball out. That call completely switched the momentum of the game and Ed Douchuli should be reprimanded for making such an awful call on a possession.”
    —————
    Slide first, you’ve given yourself up and the play is over. Slide head first? Dude, you’re a runner.

122. zeeman911 says: Sep 23, 2013 1:20 AM

To the very first losers comment, he slid head first and no one touched him, the ground CAN cause a fumble and the TD wasn’t a TD because the ball rolled on the F N ground you dummy. Keep crying tho it must suck losing to the lions!!!!!

123. weaselpuppy says: Sep 23, 2013 2:14 AM

did you dim Redskin fans not listen to the *very slowly spoken explanation* by Hoculi re: RG3′s fumble? Qb is a runner, was not down by contact and did not give himself up. Ground CAN cause a fumble. Over.

The very fact that it’s finally the Lions opponents getting Calvin Johnson Ruled is wonderfully satisfying. Rule has been broken down on this site a hundred time. Incomplete.

Thanks for the road win. Don’t worry, you can at least beat the Giants. They look worse.

124. bigblackanvil says: Sep 23, 2013 8:52 AM

You will all eat your words. Let’s just see how many of you will man up and comeback when we get rollin’ HTTR

125. ipitydafu says: Sep 23, 2013 10:17 AM

This absolutely sucks. But our team deserves the ridicule. Until RG3 is back up to speed and our defense figures out what it’s doing this will be the type of year we have.

Lots of regression here.

Great job to the Seahawks fans. You guys are looking great. And congrats to Cleveland on their win. Looks like Hoyer is there to stay.

126. obmig says: Sep 23, 2013 10:55 AM

1 win before the bye and the season is not lost. Dallas is at 2-1 leading the way and they always screw up at some point.

127. thesteelskirt says: Sep 23, 2013 11:55 AM

Redskins win the off season hype award again but the real deal is a little tougher. It is like crickets in DC today. Oh and Pittsburgh but we are showing signs of life.