Marshall returns home to face his favorite team

Brandon Getty Images

Bears receiver Brandon Marshall comes home tonight to face the Steelers at Heinz Field.  Marshall hopes that a win will help propel him for the first time in his eight-year career to a place where the Steelers have been far more often than not.

“I’m in college in my doom room,” Marshall explains in an interview with Bob Costas that will air on Sunday’s edition of NBC’s Football Night in America.  “I’ve got a Steelers blanket on watching a playoff game — the Steelers vs. the Broncos, and I’m cheering for the Steelers.  A few months later I’m drafted by the Broncos . . . and I still cheer for the Steelers.  When I’m out of the playoffs, which is always right now, I’m cheering for the Steelers because they bring so much joy to the city.”

Marshall’s objective for tonight is to bring some sadness to the city by sending the Steelers to 0-3.

It won’t be easy.  The last time Chicago went to Pittsburgh in December 2005, the Steelers had been left for dead after a loss to the Bengals.  And the Steelers won.  And kept winning, through and including (and beyond) that game Marshall watched while wrapped in his Steelers blanket.

Permalink 14 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
14 Responses to “Marshall returns home to face his favorite team”
  1. jakec4 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:31 PM

“When I’m out of the playoffs, which is always right now, I’m cheering for the Steelers because they bring so much joy to the city.”

I wonder what the “which is always right now” part of that comment is supposed to mean.

2. albinorhino49 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:39 PM

I’m glad he is human enough to admit this. Good for him, he goes out and does his job for his employer yet stays true to his fan emotion.

3. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 2:39 PM

“I’m in college in my doom room,” Marshall explains in an interview with Bob Costas that will air on Sunday’s edition of NBC’s Football Night in America. “I’ve got a Steelers blanket on watching a playoff game — the Steelers vs. the Broncos, and I’m cheering for the Steelers. A few months later I’m drafted by the Broncos . . . and I still cheer for the Steelers. When I’m out of the playoffs, which is always right now, I’m cheering for the Steelers because they bring so much joy to the city.”
    ——————————————————

This is why Chicago hasn’t won in 30 years.

Can you imagine Ditka standing for a player saying he cheers for another team?

Low class player goes well with a low class organization.

4. larryboodry says: Sep 22, 2013 2:45 PM

It means that, despite helping the Bears go 10-6 last year, bad coaching by Lovie kept the Bears out of the playoffs.

Bears 24, Steelers 17.

5. crnvic847 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Chicago hasn’t won in 28 years. Get your facts straight!

6. chi01town says: Sep 22, 2013 3:38 PM

Packers fans live in the past. they talk about 20 or 30 years ago like it was yesterday. come to 2013 packers fans.

7. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 5:11 PM

crnvic847 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Chicago hasn’t won in 28 years. Get your facts straight!
    ————————————-

Heck, I could say 50 years and it will eventually be true.

Start by getting rid of dough boy at QB.

8. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 5:14 PM

Any chance both these teams could lose tonight?

Two really overrated organizations and teams.

Two really bad organizations and teams.

Two fan bases that live in fantasy land.

9. larryboodry says: Sep 22, 2013 5:33 PM

@realitycheckbaby…Quit giving yourself a thumbs-up, no one else will, unless they are as clueless as you.

10. freakofsteel says: Sep 22, 2013 7:39 PM

hater haters ….fantasy land ? The Black n Gold represents in stadiums all over the Nation ….its called Steeler Nation to deny that or the fact that the Steelers are one of the NFL Prime Franchises is a Fantasy in itself ! you keep being a Loser Dude !

11. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 9:18 PM

—————————————–

Get him some Kleenex. Steelers suck.

12. realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 9:20 PM

freakofsteel says: Sep 22, 2013 7:39 PM

—————————————–

Scoreboard.

And this is not a good Bears team.

Barely beat the flipping Vikings.

Sorry.

PEDs have been banned.

You’ll never be good again.

13. ydousuk says: Sep 23, 2013 1:10 AM

freakofsteel says: Sep 22, 2013 7:39 PM

—————————————————————

0-3…Any questions?

14. ydousuk says: Sep 23, 2013 1:12 AM

realitycheckbaby says: Sep 22, 2013 5:11 PM

crnvic847 says: Sep 22, 2013 2:55 PM

Chicago hasn’t won in 28 years. Get your facts straight!
    ————————————-

Heck, I could say 50 years and it will eventually be true.

Start by getting rid of dough boy at QB.
    ————————————————————–
    larryboodry says: Sep 22, 2013 5:33 PM

———————————————————-
    I give him a thumbs up. Oh, and larry, Pittsburgh is 0-3.