Miles Austin hurts hamstring, questionable to return

St Louis Rams v Dallas Cowboys Getty Images

The Cowboys are rolling at home against the Rams, but an old problem has popped up again.

Wide receiver Miles Austin is questionable to return after injuring his hamstring in the third quarter of the game. Austin has accumulated a lengthy history of hamstring issues over the last couple of years, costing him both games and effectiveness at several points. He talked a lot this offseason about steps taken to avoid them again this year, but they don’t seem to have succeeded on Sunday.

Austin had two catches for 22 yards before leaving the game. The Cowboys have been riding DeMarco Murray much harder than they did in the first two weeks and have gotten a standout effort from the back and a 31-7 lead over the Rams to show for it. The latest score came when Tony Romo found Dwayne Harris, doing more with Austin out, for a touchdown.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Home, Rumor Mill, St. Louis Rams
7 Responses to “Miles Austin hurts hamstring, questionable to return”
  1. larrydavid7000 says: Sep 22, 2013 3:25 PM

same story jj just keep him on the team for ever.Ha Ha.

2. tahnoonzee says: Sep 22, 2013 3:26 PM

stick a fork in him

3. blackngold4life says: Sep 22, 2013 3:27 PM

That dude ALWAYS hurt lol..

4. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Sep 22, 2013 3:41 PM

Frankly surprised he lasted this long. They drafted a WR (Williams) also Harris and Beasley will do fine. Time to send old ham stringless Austin on his way.

5. blackhawks2010 says: Sep 22, 2013 3:44 PM

Romo is on fire!

6. fdugrad says: Sep 22, 2013 6:04 PM

I absolutely HATE to think, much less WRITE this kind of opinion. I am an alumni ( 1978 when it was still a college) of Monmouth University, the university Miles attended. Our school is a very small, private university in NJ, and I believe it is some kind of miracle that any player from MU could make, much less flourish in The NFL. I do however, remember seeing some fitness magazine several years ago with Miles on the cover. He was freakishly muscled. My immediate reaction was PEDs. His hamstring troubles have been the constant throughout his career, and this only reinforces my suspicions. I obviously hope I am completely incorrect, however I continue to wonder. Oh well, MU will probably send another player to The NFL…in the next hundred years!

7. bluebongzilla says: Sep 22, 2013 10:50 PM

Freakishly muscled? SMH. The guy’s a 6’2″, 216 pound professional athlete. Let’s not lose our heads.