Democracy in action in the Broncos’ backfield

Oakland Raiders v Denver Broncos Getty Images

The precision of Peyton Manning last night limited the amount of impact the Broncos’ running game was going to have.

But when there was a chance, they all wanted in on it.

According to Gray Caldwell of the team’s official website, the Broncos running backs used the only just method to decide who’d get the ball from the 1-yard line in the fourth quarter.

Ronnie Hillman had just run 19 yards, and while the ball was being spotted and measured, Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball started trying to horn in on his action.

So naturally, it was rock-paper-scissors time.

“We were just messing around on the sideline,” Hillman said. “Just something to do. Have fun.

“Luckily I won. So it all worked out.”

Hillman went rock, while Ball and Moreno called scissors. So Hillman deserved the touchdown on the next carry, because who calls scissors, really?

Permalink 9 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos, Home, Rumor Mill
9 Responses to “Democracy in action in the Broncos’ backfield”
  1. kdub79 says: Sep 24, 2013 8:51 AM

I lost my fantasy matchup by 5 points because Moreno called scissors?? Wtf!

2. thegrey7 says: Sep 24, 2013 9:16 AM

I always thought it was the coaches who decided who went in.

3. shawn9876uss says: Sep 24, 2013 9:33 AM

So your telling me that I would have been 3-0 in my fantasy football league, but I lost because of Rock, Paper, Scissors?

4. pinchekeith says: Sep 24, 2013 10:54 AM

Thats not democracy

5. ott2win says: Sep 24, 2013 10:58 AM

Whatever it takes to win…screw fantasy, get as much action to all three backs so they remain fresh come postseason time!

6. sarcasm says: Sep 24, 2013 12:51 PM

No that’s not democracy but it works. If it were democracy, they still be arguing about how to go about making the decision.

Or Manning would have simply gone with another TD pass to Welker, Decker or one of the Thomas boys.

7. doe22us says: Sep 24, 2013 1:18 PM

Fantasy is what it is, you will win some you will loose some.. just roll with the punches that is all.

8. cletusvandam says: Sep 24, 2013 1:36 PM

So you’re telling me the coaches in Denver don’t have any idea what RB is going into the game? They leave it up to the players to decide?

9. dallascowboysdishingthereal says: Nov 15, 2013 3:42 PM

doe22us says:
    _____________________________

“win some loose some”. Just how stupid are you really?

And the kicker is you act like you are providing us all words of wisdom when you can’t form a sentence that makes sense.