Adam “Pacman” Jones pays fine for disorderly conduct

Adam Jones AP

Adam “Pacman” Jones, the oft-arrested Bengals cornerback, has paid a fine to resolve his latest incident.

According to the Associated Press, Jones paid $130 for the fine and court costs. He was cited for disorderly conduct for an altercation with the police officer after a car he was a passenger in was pulled over.

Cincinnati TV station WKRC has video of the incident and reports that Jones was angry because the police were arresting his wife for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. The TV station explained that it couldn’t play most of the video because it mostly consisted of Jones yelling obscenities at the police.

In the portion of the video the TV station did play, Jones asks three times whether the police officer who pulled his wife over has a warrant. Jones apparently doesn’t realize that the police don’t need a warrant to pull someone over for a traffic violation.

This was Jones’s second incident of the year. He has a court date next week for his previous arrest, on an assault charge over an altercation with a woman at a Cincinnati bar. All told, Jones has been arrested at least seven times since the start of his NFL career.

Permalink 23 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
23 Responses to “Adam “Pacman” Jones pays fine for disorderly conduct”
  1. steelerben says: Sep 27, 2013 1:42 PM

You would think a guy that spent as much time dealing with the justice system as Jones has might have a better idea about how it works.

2. athwartships says: Sep 27, 2013 1:43 PM

Some peoples children….

3. thegreatgabbert says: Sep 27, 2013 1:48 PM

“Just wait right here, Mr. Jones, we’ll go find a judge to swear out a warrant. Brb…”.

4. joetoronto says: Sep 27, 2013 1:51 PM

The video is a classic, watch the whole thing.

5. natijim235 says: Sep 27, 2013 1:53 PM

i think steelers have their own problems steelerben

6. troy43mvp says: Sep 27, 2013 1:57 PM

No character. Talent? Sure but no character. It’s why The Bungles will never win it all no matter how many draft picks they get. Desperation of seeking free agents from the State Pen League. I think Maurice Clarett may be available.

7. dccowboy says: Sep 27, 2013 1:58 PM

So has the NFL given up suspending this guy for non-football conduct?

8. larjones64 says: Sep 27, 2013 2:00 PM

I heard a little Eddie Murphy in the tone of his voice there

9. wearethesteelers says: Sep 27, 2013 2:04 PM

HAHAHAHA

10. zam0854 says: Sep 27, 2013 2:07 PM

Atta boy PAC Man lol ATTA boy!!

11. thinkarez says: Sep 27, 2013 2:08 PM

leave the man alone great guy and a good ball player can’t wait to see him sunday!! who dey!!!

12. nodindenver says: Sep 27, 2013 2:08 PM

He should have cuffed and stuffed! Police in the nati would do themselves a favor by putting a permanent monitoring device on Pacman to know where he is at all times!

13. cadillacjosh says: Sep 27, 2013 2:22 PM

If you compare this to the stuff he used to get into trouble for, he’s showing marked improvement.

14. jwil007 says: Sep 27, 2013 2:26 PM

Steeler fans are bitter….LOL enjoy 0-3 and so what you have 6 rings from the past…this year you guys stink! LOL

15. rhamrhoddy says: Sep 27, 2013 2:27 PM

This guy’s gonna be scripped of a high-paying job sooner or later.

16. titans4evr says: Sep 27, 2013 2:46 PM

If I recall the quote correctly he’s “just bein rebellion”

17. doe22us says: Sep 27, 2013 2:52 PM

Growing up in the Pacman household will be stellar, do they have any kids (i think they do ) i may be wrong.

18. bengaldiplomat says: Sep 27, 2013 3:02 PM

Hey, at least he owned up to it and has not said one word about being misunderstood or that there is another side to the story.

19. footballchic777 says: Sep 27, 2013 3:57 PM

This was a ticket, not an arrest. When I was 8 months pregnant with my 2nd son, I pulled off in a parking space in our local town to see if my husband, who was driving his dad’s motorcycle, was ready to go home. He parked in a space behind me, walked up to the car, I asked if he was ready, he said yes and started to get back on the bike. I turned around and there was an officer writing him a ticket. I climbed from the car and ask what was going on. My husband told me they were writing him a ticket for taking to me on the wrong side of the car. We had literally spoken less than 10 words……! I explained to the officer I was 8 months pregnant, had a toddler in a car seat that I could not reach across to roll down the window. I did this very politely. He then proceeded to say “lady, you better shut the #”@# up our I will write you a ticket to match your husbands!”. The ticket he received for the ghastly offense of speaking to me on the wrong side of the car was disorderly conduct. $125 to just go pay it off. Which I would have refused to do and went to court to fight it, but my husband just paid it. So trust me, as a TOTALLY law abiding citizen, it isn’t too hard to get that ticket!

20. @Cereal_22 says: Sep 27, 2013 5:43 PM

Suspend him or face looking like a fool

21. t8ertot says: Sep 27, 2013 6:19 PM

All the networks were reporting he was “arrested” at first. Way to screw up the facts. There’s a huge difference between arrested and cited

22. cavemanna says: Sep 27, 2013 10:40 PM

This is the type of fine that should be income based

23. bbwasright says: Sep 28, 2013 2:00 AM

This just in… PACMAN has a wife!!! And after they both drank at a party, she drove for him to prevent him from getting a DUI that could jeopardize his paychecks.

You have to admire a woman that marries this guy after all his womanizing and strip-club shenanigans and then takes a DUI on her record for him. She either really loves the guy, or she really loves the paycheck of a NFL player (even at league minimum, it’s much better than most of us will EVER see). Either way, that IS news!