Pryor limited in practice, could still play Sunday

Terrelle Pryor AP

Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor was back on the practice field Friday, opening the door for him to stay in the starting lineup after a late concussion Monday night.

According to Steve Corkran of the Bay Area News Group, Pryor was taking part in a significant portion of the part of practice open to the media Friday, though it was later declared a “limited” portion.

Coach Dennis Allen said he wouldn’t make any announcements until Sunday, which will keep the Redskins guessing a bit longer. But he said Pryor made “significant progress,” this week, and would be listed as questionable.

Pryor sad Wednesday he thought he could play without a full week of practice, though he acknowledged the inherent problem and the obvious all at the same time.

“I’m not Peyton [Manning],” Pryor said. “I do need experience. It’s definitely what I lack. I need experience. I need more time with my guys. That’s what I’ve lacked this whole season, starting from the first game.”

Being cleared for contact is a huge step, but the Raiders have to decide whether it’s worth it playing a guy who had little prep time.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Pryor limited in practice, could still play Sunday”
  1. athwartships says: Sep 27, 2013 3:49 PM

Keep the Redskins guessing? At this point, they may ask Oakland if they can borrow Pryor for that game…might be an improvement.

2. MyTeamsAllStink says: Sep 27, 2013 3:50 PM

call lots of running plays Sunday Olson

3. 808raiderinparadise says: Sep 27, 2013 4:16 PM

RG3 knee on the infield dirt and below sea level grass will mentally bother him, his last injury was on bad field conditions.

Pryor will start, he will to do more pocket stuff like he did pretty well vs denver.

O-line will have to grow some balls for DMC/Reece

4. skinsfan83 says: Sep 27, 2013 4:23 PM

Do you really have to prepare for Flynn? I would prepare for Pryor and if Flynn plays then so be it….

5. radrntn says: Sep 27, 2013 4:52 PM

well with 3/5ths of the starting o-line out , and Brisiel still starting, I feel sorry for Flynn if he is the one playing…..At least TP can run away from the pressure… and make something out of nothing….i don’t know if flynn has that magic trick.

6. slick50ks says: Sep 27, 2013 8:51 PM

808raiderinparadise says:
    Sep 27, 2013 4:16 PM

O-line will have to grow some balls for DMC/Reece

————————-

Don’t you think it’s about time for DMC to grow some balls of her own?