Cameron Wake questionable for Monday night

Oakland Raiders v Miami Dolphins Getty Images

The Dolphins’ defense may be without its best pass rusher against the high-powered Saints passing game on Monday night.

Miami defensive end Cameron Wake is listed as questionable on the Dolphins’ injury report with a knee injury. Wake is dealing with a sprained MCL.

Also questionable for the Dolphins are defensive tackle Paul Soliai, linebacker Koa Misi and linebacker Jonathan Freeny.

For the Saints, defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley and safety Roman Harper have already been ruled out. Players listed as questionable include running back Mark Ingram and receiver Lance Moore.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill
34 Responses to “Cameron Wake questionable for Monday night”
  1. craniator says: Sep 28, 2013 5:17 PM

I’m a longtime Fins fan , but they were lucky as sin last week against Atlanta , and the Cinderella clock strikes Midnight Monday in New Orleans. I’m proud that they’ve improved by leaps and bounds this season , but I’m honestly not sure that any team in the NFL (other than maybe Denver) could win a prime time game in the Superdome against Sean Payton , Drew Brees and the Saints.

2. markeyh says: Sep 28, 2013 5:35 PM

It is not impossible, that is why they play the games. I am a homer so I am sticking with Miami 27 the Saints 26.

GO MIAMI!!!

3. evilbilly3 says: Sep 28, 2013 5:35 PM

Not sure I agree with craniator, but as a Saints fan I appreciate the compliment. Just to let you know, Miami is a respected team this year down in the Bayou. We know that this will be a hard fought battle.

4. ebr362 says: Sep 28, 2013 5:40 PM

craniator says:Sep 28, 2013 5:17 PM

I’m a longtime Fins fan , but they were lucky as sin last week against Atlanta
    ————————————————–

I watched that game and I do not know where you say they were lucky as sin. They played a damn good game. They made plays when plays had to be made, bent but did not break on D and in the end put themselves in position to win the game. Thats not what I would call luck, that is a team learning how to win. There is a difference.
    As for the Saints game, can’t say I feel confident, but can say it will be interesting to see how they play in a spotlight game.

5. cwk22 says: Sep 28, 2013 5:44 PM

craniator:
    I agree they will have a tough time. Especially with defensive injuries. But as a fan since 1970, I remember a no way they will win Monday night against the Bears, and they did. But they had Marino then. So I hope they play it close and if they can’t win then at least show the doubters last week was no accident.

6. cwk22 says: Sep 28, 2013 5:50 PM

And may I add to my previous comment, win or lose, I am proud to be a Miami Dolphin Fan.

7. Brian says: Sep 28, 2013 5:51 PM

As a Saints fan, I don’t care if the fins were lucky or good against Atlanta. I’m just happy they beat the Falcons. I would, however, rather that the Fins weren’t quite as good Monday night. I’m sure Fins fans understand.

8. craniator says: Sep 28, 2013 6:07 PM

I keep hearing folks say: ” How on Earth could Miami possibly have been considered lucky to beat Atlanta ?” , etc. Well being out gained by nearly 100 yards , having a substantial disadvantage in time of possession and trailing on the scoreboard for The Entire Game — other than the last 38 seconds is how I managed to arrive at that seemingly ridiculous opinion.

9. aljack88 says: Sep 28, 2013 6:08 PM

fan of neither but hoping to watch a good, close game.. Nice to read good comments and no garbage from trolls.
    I hope “your” team wins.

10. yourfriendcole says: Sep 28, 2013 6:19 PM

@aljack88 – Same here. Seems like most articles on this site are filled with sad, angry people. Good to see some positivity.

11. wearethesteelers says: Sep 28, 2013 6:20 PM

LOLOLOL

12. scmems07 says: Sep 28, 2013 6:42 PM

craniator says:

I’m a longtime Fins fan , but they were lucky as sin last week against Atlanta

Not sure what part of the 13 play 75 yards drive was luck, heard this before but yet to hear why it was luck, was it the missed fg? Because simple addition will show dolphins still win, what part of that game was luck? Injuries? Both teams affected by injuries, what exactly was lucky about that win?

13. 305phinphan says: Sep 28, 2013 6:45 PM

Miami needs Tannehill to continue to grow. It should be a fantastic game and I’m excited to watch these unbeatens play on Monday night.

14. rasta74 says: Sep 28, 2013 6:47 PM

Honestly I’m not confident either and I’m a long time phins fan. I remember that bears game..yes we don’t have Marino but I’ll tell you what I feel like the phins can battle big time with any team. Its going to be a dogfight….im looking forward to it!

15. annes22 says: Sep 28, 2013 6:59 PM

It’s too bad they will be without Cam Wake, but it’s silly to rush him. The rest of the defense will have to step up, they all make big money, so show up.
    Tannehill was great on the last plays of the game last week, there was nothing lucky about him making their way down the field to score. Where was the luck in that??? Atlanta didn’t stop them, did they???

16. craniator says: Sep 28, 2013 7:20 PM

No. Atlanta didn’t stop the Dolphins on that last drive , but they did outgain them , out sack them , out possession time them , and until the final thirty eight seconds of the game , outscore them.
    It’s silly , in my humble opinion , to react so vehemently and with such venom just because someone points out: “Hey — you know , we were lucky to win that one because the other team played a pretty damn good football game and outplayed us in virtually category.” Sorry if it’s so hard for you guys to handle the truth. Nobody’s saying Tannehill wasn’t brilliant on that last drive , as well as during numerous other times during the game , only that regardless of his heroics , we were fortunate to come away with a “W”.

17. rodh32340 says: Sep 28, 2013 7:24 PM

Wake being out changes the whole complexity of this gameu…still Saints should only win by 3 or less. That promises a good game. I am hoping T-hill has a great game!

18. cleonard007 says: Sep 28, 2013 7:53 PM

Nice back peddling, “craniator”. The fact the you’ve been a fan since 1970 means your old, not smart

19. cleonard007 says: Sep 28, 2013 7:55 PM

“I’m a long time fins fan and therefore whatever comes next has some sort of validity”

20. beachsidejames says: Sep 28, 2013 9:03 PM

Wake got hurt in the 1st series of play and didn’t come back in the Atlanta game. Big hit and fumble recovery that led to Hartlines tying TD score was big. No luck there. The final 75 yard drive to go ahead with :35 seconds left. No luck there. The interseption on Ryan to seal the game after being presured by the rookie Dion Jordan. No luck there. If all thats luck I’ll take it. Pro bowl nose tackle out, Cam Wake out, 1st string d back d. Patterson out. This team stepped up and made plays when they needed it most. Thats not easy and thats not luck.

21. hdahs143 says: Sep 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Considering that Wake was originally forecast to be out for several weeks, being questionable for Monday night is an upgrade IMO.

In regards to luck, it is an element of every game. But considering that Miami in recent years was regularly on the losing end of games they should have statistically won, I will take the new twist every week.

22. gfins says: Sep 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Its the south, if we did say something bad we would have to
    end it with “bless his heart:

23. jzone954 says: Sep 28, 2013 9:43 PM

Miami has a shot to pull off the upset

24. saints4life57 says: Sep 28, 2013 9:45 PM

Yeah for sure this will be a great game to watch! I def. think the Fin’s will play well against the Saints! But at the same time I think in the end our offense is going to be a little to much for them to handle! WHO DAT WHO DAT BLACK AND GOLD ALL DAY SON!

GO SAINTS!

25. beachsidejames says: Sep 28, 2013 10:01 PM

Straight up Saints should win this game. They are 6.5 pt favorites. But if the Pats lose sun. nite it will be fun to see if the Fins can match up to this red hot Saints team in their house on monday nite. Looking forward to these two nite games.

26. bigdingyguy says: Sep 28, 2013 10:09 PM

Its a scary game as a Fins fan, but I think this team is ready for prime time. The Saints have a very high powered offense, and Jimmy Graham creates a match up nightmare; I’ll be happy if they hold him to 100 yards and a touchdown. With that said, we are finding ways to win the close ones, where that hasn’t been a trend in my 15+ years of fanship. Its an exciting time to be a Dolphins fan, I’ll say that much. Much respect to the Saints, but my money is on the upset.

27. 69finfan says: Sep 28, 2013 10:33 PM

Go Fins

28. shaundolphinsfan23 says: Sep 28, 2013 11:04 PM

No one knows how a game is going to turn out. That’s why the game is played. All we can really do as fans or analysts is observe what has happened so far in the season, and make our best guesses based off of that. That being said, I am very confused about something. The Saints have beaten the Falcons (The same team the Dolphins beat last week). The Saints have then beaten the Cardinals and the Bucs. They barely got passed a struggling Bucs team and destroyed a very bad Cardinals team. The Dolphins have beaten the Browns (the easy one), the Colts (A very good team), and the Falcons (another good team). Why are the Dolphins considered the underdog in this game? Is it because it’s in New Orleans? It must be, because there is no other logical explanation.

29. ghjjf says: Sep 29, 2013 1:46 PM

Some people still don’t understand that the only stat that matters in football is not yards, not time of possesion, it is POINTS SCORED. And the team with the most points scored at the end of the game wins the game regardless of any other stats. Also, the games are 60 minutes long, it doesn’t matter what the score was with 1 minute left in the fourth quarter, the only score that matters is the score when time runs out.

30. ilovefoolsball says: Sep 29, 2013 11:34 PM

The reason that the Saints are favored is because they have the #4 ranked defense overall.
    Look it up.
    A lot of people don’t realize that yet or don’t want to admit it after they talked so much trash on how much the defense was going to suck this year.
    It’s still early and things could change in a heartbeat for both teams.
    Miami seems to be playing some solid football but they’re no doubt enjoying taking teams by surprise.
    Meanwhile everyone is going to bring their “A” game to Payton and Brees regardless of their record last year.
    I hope it’s an exciting game but I can’t remember the last time the Saints lost at home on Monday night football.
    Anyone?

31. ebr362 says: Sep 30, 2013 7:41 AM

Crainiator, you claim to be a fan, but it seems like you are more of an instigator. “you keep hearing” ” sorry for us to hear the truth” ” How on earth”. Etc. Listen, the Fins have won 3 straight, 2 of which the “experts” said we would lose. Miami is a much better team than people want to believe simply becasue hating Miami had become fashionable. There is a win loss tie column, there is no column for should have lost or got lucky. The tone of your posts seems more like a Jet fan then a Dolphin fan. In my humble opinion.

32. akasaintsbaby says: Sep 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Drew Brees, in the dome, on MNF. That is a hard combination for any team to beat.

33. basedrum777 says: Sep 30, 2013 3:13 PM

I agree with the comments about the fins catching some breaks in that ATL game. And I’m a fan.

That being said, good teams win close games.
    If this game is close towards the end i’ll be happy even if they can’t win in NO against a resurgent Saints. Who would’ve thought the NFC South would have to worry about playing the AFC East and not the reverse?

The biggest thing I’d like to see is Tannehill keep his eyes locked on Brees to pick up some experience and use him as an example. Fantastic football player.

34. basedrum777 says: Sep 30, 2013 4:58 PM

BTW: Sun Sentinel is reporting that Wake and Solai are going to play.