Report: Pryor showed concussion symptoms last night

Oakland Raiders v Denver Broncos Getty Images

There’s a reason there were conflicting reports last night about Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor’s status — it kept changing.

According to FOX’s Jay Glazer, Pryor began showing concussion symptoms last night, after initially being cleared.

That led the team to an about-face, with coach Dennis Allen telling the team meeting that Matt Flynn was going to be the guy.

If there was concern about the handling of Pryor’s concussion on the field last week, there should be more given the now-he’s-well, now-he’s-not status this week.

Permalink 6 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill
6 Responses to “Report: Pryor showed concussion symptoms last night”
  1. logicalvoicesays says: Sep 29, 2013 12:23 PM

Theres only 1 Superhuman and his name is Robert Griffin the third period. The rest of these RGIIIWannabes around the league like Pryor, Wilson etc…are pretenders who came into the wrong era if they think they’ll ever be at Robert Griffin’s elite level. #RGIIIbestQBinFootball

2. andyr2120 says: Sep 29, 2013 12:26 PM

Concerns? Sounds to me like the precautions actually worked to protect the player this time.

3. nomoreseasontix says: Sep 29, 2013 12:37 PM

They had no choice at all. In this climate where it seems like half the country is suing the other half over anything, they can’t play him unless it’s 100% clear that he’s ok.

4. bombayjon says: Sep 29, 2013 12:53 PM

Still not buying a Matt Flynn jersey. Hoping he wins, but still, Pryor is our guy.

5. greg2geez says: Sep 29, 2013 1:12 PM

Dennis Allen sees a competitive advantage in not announcing his starting QB refer to week 1. There’s more legs to that angle than the concussion but it’s not nearly as sensational.

6. r8dernation says: Sep 30, 2013 5:01 PM

I can believe that the symtoms come and go like that. I was in a car accident once where i was knocked out cold for a short amount of time. I think I flew across the front seat, hit the side of my head on the passenger side door where the meets the door (not wearing seat belt). Anyway, doctors checked me and cleard me to go home. Of course i had my sister give me a ride to a friends house that was having a party, and all night I had this coming and going sensation that I was going to puke, but i never did. I wasn’t drinking or anything, but man it felt weird. I’m guessing that was post concussion symptons, but hey, what did the doctors know 23 years ago? Not much.