Ben Roethlisberger: You could say we’re the worst team in the league

AP

When you’re 0-4 and showing few signs of fixing what’s going wrong, there’s not much point in dancing around the facts that are right in front of your face.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger isn’t doing that. The Steelers are off to their worst start since 1968, “uncharted territory and the water is dangerous” by Roethlisberger’s telling, and the quarterback believes in the old adage that you are what your record says you are.

“Right now, you could say we’re the worst team in the league,” Roethlisberger said, via the Associated Press. “That hurts.”

The Giants, Jaguars and Buccaneers could likely lodge a formal complaint about Roethlisberger labeling his own team as the league’s bottom of the barrel, but there’s not much point in splitting hairs about such things. The Steelers are in a bad, bad way and coach Mike Tomlin responded to Sunday’s loss by saying that he wants to see players working with “belief and effort” to get better because the ones who don’t won’t be in Pittsburgh much longer.

Roethlisberger, who had two turnovers Sunday, said he’s starting by holding himself accountable for his bad play and promised to do the best he can to lead the team to better results in the coming weeks. If they don’t come, Roethlisberger probably won’t be the only one left with the feeling that the Steelers could be the worst team in the league.

129 responses to “Ben Roethlisberger: You could say we’re the worst team in the league

1. Not even close to the worst in the league, and I’m sure glad he didn’t use the media to cry and complain about a penalty. That would have been embarrassing.

2. I sure wouldn’t want to be one of the Steelers next few opponents: the Jets, because the Steelers will come out after the bye with a fury and absolutely destroy them; and the ravens, well, just because they’re bad with an awful QB.

3. Record wise yea tied for worst, it’s a 16 game season and they are showing signs of life.
    Tannethrill, Brown had better numbers last week then Wallace has on the season. Wallace was not about the team, sucked to list him but he isn’t the reason the team is 0-4. That would be turnovers, no running game, and horrible o-line. 2 back in the division, not that it matters, but they are still not in the bottom 10 despite what the record says.
    I think Tomlin survives another year, Haley gets canned, even tho it’s not his play calling. They need to do away with high defensive contracts and put it into the crap o-line. Troy, Keisl, Clark, and Taylor will be gone in 1-2 years, it hurt a lot when Lewis went to NO, but it’s hard to compete with a players hometown. We’ll see the good ole steelers back in 3-5 years

4. .

The Steelers roster has eroded over the past few years. They used to have better players than most other teams. That’s no longer true.

5. It is one of those seasons. Things have started looking a awful like the 4-12 Eagles from last season. The offensive line is shaky at best, the running game is poor, Roethlisberger is trying to do too much and is turning it over at an alarming rate because of it, the defense spends entirely too much time on the field due to a largely ineffective offense and is not generating turnovers.

The encouraging part of the loss is that they put up some points. Granted, it was against a Vikings team that hasn’t been playing great defense, but points are points. Anyone else notice that the offense looks best when Ben ignores whatever play Haley calls and goes out to play some backyard football?

I don’t think this is a 4-12 team, because the line should eventually get figured out and Le’Veon Bell should be able to get something going if he can stay healthy. If the defense isn’t able to get some turnovers out of the Jets after the bye, though, it is time to write off the season. A wild card birth was optimistic at the beginning of the season, and it is more or less a pipe dream at this point. Bottom line, this is a 7-9 or 6-10 is a reasonable expectation on the season, which will position the team perfectly for a poor draft slot.

6. Ryan Clark once said, “no one wants to play for the Dolphins”. I bet if he asked his Teammates last night on the plane… The whole Team would divert the Flight to Miami and sign for League Minimum.

I really hate rubbin’ it in on you Steelers Fans, but you are far and away the most obnoxious commentors. Really, I don’t bug the Giants Fans and stopped with the Circus-Jets, the Jags are hilarious, but “the greatgabbert” seems like a knowledgeable fan, although he will definately be “thegreatbridgewater” next year. So, eat your huge wedge of humble pie… Cause it is going to be a long 5-11 season for you.

7. My wish list. We are at least 2 years away from being good! Those are 2 wasted years of Big Ben. Trade him to Tampa Bay, get a couple #1’s for him and start rebuilding now. Un-ass Clark, Polamalu, Sanders now. Absorb the cap hit and move on! Fire Tomlin! The guy is a walking soundbite, not a good coach! Make Lebeau the interim for the rest of the year, bump Butler to DC, he’s getting the job anyway! Then let the new coach build the team the way he wants! Rooney family needs to get over themselves! I have been a fan since I was 5 (1970) and am tired of seeing the organization run into the ground…..yes I’m looking at you Art II!

8. laxcoach37 says:
    Sep 30, 2013 10:01 AM

0 0 Humble pie is for those without six rings…..I appreciate your compliment on the steeler commenters as it reveals you read our posts and for a joke to be funny it must have an element of truth to it.

9. “The Giants, Jaguars and Buccaneers could likely lodge a formal complaint about Roethlisberger labeling his own team as the league’s bottom of the barrel”

Hilarious, we’ll played sir.

10. Joemontanaflacco says:
    Sep 30, 2013 9:22 AM
    Worldwide humiliation!!!

38 11
    Report comment. I am sure every sane Raven fan says every time you post on a steeler thread…..great job with the Bills….jump ball Joe at his best.

11. I kept saying in preseason that my Giants were already done for the season. I said they needed to focus on getting the first pick in the draft. I didn’t want to be right but I was right.

The Manning era is over. I said that already. Get the Nassib era started. JPP, Nicks and Hynoski are all finished and should retire together with Andre and Steve Brown.

Time for Coughlin and Reese to ride off into the sunset and bring in a new front office and coaching staff.

12. harrisonhits2 says:
    Sep 30, 2013 10:07 AM
    Where’s wearethesteelers ? How come he’s not laughing now ?

2 1
    Report comment. Harrisonhits2 I am disappointed you have not picked up on the fact the the PRIDE of the Ravens under an alias is wearethesteelers…..pathetic huh?

The steelers will be bad when they give up , but so far you can see some are still trying therefore there is hope and no shame. If they quit they are not steelers…..

13. if the ravens don’t start playing hard and stop loafing.we will be right there with you…you gotta take every team serious in this league..

14. And I thought the Bucs had that title! I guess I can look on the good side now. The Bucs would really be the WORST team if they were the ONLY
    0-4 team in the NFL.

15. Tomlin is too stupid to fix anything! Mike Adams is another bust in the Tomlin Era! But hey this is what Art Rooney II wants! If the Chief was alive Tomlin and Haley would be LONG GONE!!!

16. This is a just rant to get the team to play better. We’ll see at the end of the year who the worse team in the league is. I can promise you it won’t be close to being the Steelers.

17. As a Giants fan I will say we are worse then the Steelers and only the Jags are currently worse then the Giants.

At least the Steelers have been able to score points. The Giants are one play away from being shut out for two weeks in a row.

18. The QB seemed to be the only player on the Steeler’s team that made the game close. Ben’s performance was pretty amazing given the O-line play.

19. International Laughingstock!!! The rotten-to-the-core Fantrolls are finally getting what they deserve. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

20. Nofoolnodrool says:

__________________
    Yes they were still trying to Ben through the final pick. Yes they deserve credit for not rolling over.

And they’ll probably win a few games this year, maybe 4-6. They have some good players and there were some flashes of success yesterday.

They’ll be sitting out the playoffs again though.

21. @ itsfootballbaby says: Sep 30, 2013 10:43 AM

Killerstiller says the’ll get two first rounders for Ben. Good luck with that. Maybe a fourth and a seventh.

Ben is not the problem in Pittsburgh. Manning & Brady would be 0-4 with this team! This organization is poorly run from top to bottom. I wish people would quit giving the Steelers a pass. Poor drafting! Poor coaching! Poor Cap management! Don’t waste more time hoping Ben can save your careers! By the time they are good, he may well be on the decline. He’s more valuable in a trade than on the field right now. The next two years, we are the old Browns!

22. Rick Spielman is a Magician says:Sep 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Who did your team beat, Carl? Washington? Congratulations on your inevitable Super Bowl victory.

—–

Thanks. And congratulations on finding a journeyman backup QB who can lead your team to 1 or 2 more victories than you would have gotten with Ponder. Thus, knocking you down a few draft picks and costing you a shot at a franchise QB much like in 2012.

23. As much as I dislike the Steelers, and always have, there is no way they are the worst team in the league. Bottom 10 probably, but not the worst.

Most people perceive them to be a very old team and they need to undergo a youth movement, but thats not really true. Their O-Line is awful and look at who is on it, mostly young highly drafted players – one Pro Bowler in Pouncey (a #1 pick) DeCastro (a #1 pick who took Pouncey out), Gilbert (a #2 pick), Adams (a #2 pick), & Foster (undrafted) — that line should be loaded with talent and the only one who has stuck is Pouncey.

They haven’t had a solid running game in years and let most of their weapons in the passing game walk.

The best players on defense are actually old with Kiesel, Foote (out), Taylor, Polamalu, Clark, and so on.

Realistically, this Steelers team is going to be bad for the next 2-3 years and by then Rothliesberger’s career will be ending

24. “International Laughingstock!!! The rotten-to-the-core Fantrolls are finally getting what they deserve. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

And the Ravens are not far behind. They lost to the Bills….5 Picks by Floppo..HAHAHHAHHAHA.

25. Did you see Adrian Peterson’s 10 yard run up the middle for a touchdown? A hole so wide even a mediocre running back would score easily. Let’s not kid ourselves, the Steelers do not have the management team or talent on the roster to compete at the highest level. Of course I’m not an expert but it looks to me that the main problem is both the offensive and defensive lines. They are horrible.

26. jmf, I’ve never seen so many exclamation marks and capital letters from you. You seem stressed, I think the realization has set in that you’re stuck with Flacco for 6 years. Yikes.

27. Ben – you probably haven’t seen how the Jags play. you as a football player alone are way better than the entire Jags roster. The Jags can trade all the 53 players in their roster for you and can still remain on the winning side of the trade. That’s how pathetic the Jags are.

28. Going into the game the Vikings had the very worst pass defense in the entire NFL and additonally were missing two starters in their secondary. It should have been a 50 point turfkey shoot for the Steelers but instead Roethlisberger scored his usual bottom feeding 10 points of offense in the first half.

29. Kind of funny to read to these postings (bordering on pathetic).

Good football chat is welcomed but this is ridiculous. Teams reload or rebuild. Parity is here ladies and you hit your window or miss it.

The fact that the Steelers have made it to 3 Super Bowls in less than a decade and won 2 is a major feat.

Take shots now. The elite teams like the Steelers, Pats, and Ravens will only be a year or two away in any given season from contending no matter how weak they are. Its called management.

30. Ive been waiting 17 years for the Steelers to be this abysmal! a true testament to the consistency of the franchise. I almost feel bad for them…wait…NM. HAHAHA. The ravens lost to the bills so i cant talk too much crap. But Geez do i love knowing all the pitt fans are miserable. God knows the steelers have contributed to many of hair follicles closing up on the top of my head. PS THE RAVENS HAVE NEVER STARTED 0-4. Atleast your buccos are in the playoffs….for one day atleast lol

31. Aaahhh, so glorious. So wonderful. I actually may be enjoying watching the once mighty Steelers come out and get pushed around like children every Sunday even more than watching my own team win.

The Steelers are one of those teams whose fans beat their chests and have feel that they actually become “entitled” to win, so this makes it all the more sweet that the team’s run is *clearly* over and it very much looks like they are going to replace the Browns as the AFCN’s perennial cellar dwellers for a couple decades to come. Hopefully longer.

On top of them losing every game so far, they’ve also only scored a significant amount of points in one of those games. Every dog gets thrown a bone by a horrible defense (Vikings 32nd against the pass)- so of course the Steelers were able to put up a few points *this* time. Anyone could have… But generally, they have no offense, no direction, and no clue. Awful.

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. And watching the crestfallen faces of the players, coaches, and fans could not be any sweeter. (Well, it’ll be sweeter when they finish 2-14, so at least I still have more to look forward to.)

32. “I actually may be enjoying watching the once mighty Steelers come out and get pushed around like children every Sunday even more than watching my own team win.”
    —————————————————-
    td40, you neglected to say who your own team is. No doubt a front-runner, as you seem the bandwagon jumper type.

33. With the worst OC in American football, and an old, tired, depleted defense the Steelers are ready for a total rebuild.

You just got beat by the worst QB in the league.

34. t8ertot says:
    Sep 30, 2013 12:36 PM
    6 rings! 6 rings! Biggest band wagon franchise besides Dallas. Now it’s like their fans don’t exist.

You sir are clueless. Many of us have spoken on PFT since the game yesterday, and in other forums. Many are not happy for obvious reasons, but by and large we will continue to be Steeler fans in any event. Steeler fan base over the years is as loyal any. Watch the away game attendance and let me know what you see in the stands. Thanks.

35. “I’ve been waiting for this for a long time.”

Of course you have. It’s ok. I for one am not offended or even surprised by comments like this. The Steelers have been one of the most stable and successful franchises in history. Not many teams have come close to what the Steelers have accomplished in the history of football. Understandable that many fans of other teams are jealous. Please enjoy the moment, us Steeler fans have had more than our fair share of happiness watching football.

Now I will watch a 12 game season with the Steelers 2 games back in their division, and with 5 division games left to play. It will be interesting to see if they can get their act together and who becomes heroes and who gets shoved to the side. Personally, I hope Mike Adams gets benched or cut and replaced, he is worthless. I would rather see Flozell Adams if I had to have an Adams on the line!!

36. This much is clear: This is the worst start to a Steelers’ season since 1968, when the Bill Austin-coached Steelers went 2-14.
    But I’m not the least bit worried. As long as we have Big Ben … Oh. Wait. Never mind.
    One thing about losing: It dispels a lot of myths.

37. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 30, 2013 12:27 PM

—————————————————-
    —————————————————

LOL. Nice try. No, many of my other N.E. Ohio friends growing up were bandwagon jumpers, though. We were in Browns country and some of my weak-willed friends all jumped the Steelers bandwagon in the early 90s when they got good again. I’ve always been a Browns fan through and through. I am the exact antithesis of a bandwagon fan because, as you know, there’s no better reason to jump another team’s bandwagon than having your own team suck year after year…. and yet, I never jumped.

And yeah, my team is a front runner at the moment. Imagine that 😉

38. This much is clear: This is the worst start to a Steelers’ season since 1968, when the Bill Austin-coached Steelers went 2-14.
    One thing about losing: It dispels a lot of myths.

I think there must be something wrong with this poster because he says the same thing over and over. He won’t be happy until the steelers really suck without Ben. But hey a lot of fans on this thread will be happy not to have read this ego maniacs daily Ben rants. Having to always be right is a lonely position…..

39. So, as Browns fan, you bet it’s fun to watch gloating Steelers fans having to swallow their own medicine. Enjoy the basement!

I am sure with your extended stay in the basement the facilities must be pretty extensive. Hope you didn’t take all your swag down because you will be back sooner than you think….thanks

40. td40 says:

I’ve always been a Browns fan through and through.
    ——————————————————
    Now it makes sense why your post was such jibberish – you probably need time to adjust to the natural light and above-sea-level atmosphere.

41. crownofthehelmet says:
    Sep 30, 2013 11:46 AM

42. @holeinone09

I agree with your post 100 percent. I am usually one to give a guy more then enough chances but Mike Adams is absolutely terrible. The guy can’t block anybody and is obviously hurting this line.. I can except that he’s a bust. Now it’s time to move on and put in the next guy……Mike Tomlin needs to make a change now. He’d be better off going the Velasco route and getting someone of the streets, as far as I’m concerned. MT will continue to go with Adams, in hopes that he proves us all wrong, but I seriously doubt it. Wow, only 2 games out at 0-4, who would have imagined.

43. Flacco is not the problem. 24 total rushing yards is the PROBLEM!!! If it makes you feel any better, if the Steelers finish better than the Ravens, I’ll change my handle to Joenamathflacco. You certainly can’t quarrel with that.

Hell you’ll change your handle more than seven times before the end of the season anyway so what’s the big deal. I got it…if the steelers win a game against the Ravens you have to own up to all of your differant handles.
    And yes Jump Ball Joe aka JBJ is the problem…..5 ints aren’t cause for concern…ravens gave up on the run in the second half skippy or were you too busy posting under different handles?

44. I finally agree with Big Bum about something.

He is certainly right. The Steelers are the worst team in the NFL…

45. Flacco is not the problem. 24 total rushing yards is the PROBLEM!!! If it makes you feel any better, if the Steelers finish better than the Ravens, I’ll change my handle to Joenamathflacco. You certainly can’t quarrel with that.

You will be held to it because there is only a 2 game difference with 2 head-to-head games remaining…..BTW, if you were so confident in Flacco, your real name would be Joeflaccomontana and not the other way around.

46. I finally agree with Big Bum about something.

He is certainly right. The Steelers are the worst team in the NFL…

You obviously have not watched the Jaguars and Giants lately. I think the Jags have scored less than 30 total points in 4 total games together and the Giants have been outscored 69-7 in 2 games.

47. Flacco is not the problem. 24 total rushing yards is the PROBLEM!!! If it makes you feel any better, if the Steelers finish better than the Ravens, I’ll change my handle to Joenamathflacco. You certainly can’t quarrel with that.

Well, where are your gem RBs like Rice, Pierce and the great addition of Droughns? The Jets put 190 rushing yards against the Bills with Bilai Powell and Geno Smith.

48. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 30, 2013 9:36 AM

————————————————————–

delusional……………………………..

49. So, as Browns fan, you bet it’s fun to watch gloating Steelers fans having to swallow their own medicine. Enjoy the basement!

Steelers are having their worst season in 45 years, Browns have not made it to a championship in 49 years and will not make it this year either. What medicine are you swallowing?

50. enoughofthatalready says: Sep 30, 2013 3:49 PM

I finally agree with Big Bum about something.

He is certainly right. The Steelers are the worst team in the NFL…

——————————————————-

I have watched those teams and they suck, too.

But at least the “leader” of their teams aren’t in the media badmouthing the team and calling out specific players.

The first (and only) player he should say anything about is himself. He has made several BIG mistakes that have cost the team the chance to win.

Maybe he needs to improve himself first before taking shots at others…

51. “I’ll change my handle to Joenamathflacco.”

That would be more fitting, though I don’t want to see him drunk trying to make out with Suzy Kolber. That’s more of a McKinnie move.

52. just messin with ya td40, I’m actually glad the Browns are playing well. First and foremost I’m a Steeler homer (obviously), but next I am an AFCN homer. I’ll root for the day when the Steelers, Browns, Bengals and Ravens are the top 4 teams in the league, in that order of course.

53. “You could say we’re the worst team in the league” or you could say nothing so the rest of us non-Stiller fans can enjoy the silence of the Stiller fans. The silence has been so blissful.

54. I have watched those teams and they suck, too.

Where is be badmouthing the team and calling out players? He admitted that he is holding himself accountable for his own bad play and he said that “you could say we’re the worst team right now”. You can say it but he can’t?

55. “You could say we’re the worst team in the league” or you could say nothing so the rest of us non-Stiller fans can enjoy the silence of the Stiller fans. The silence has been so blissful.

Where is the silence? I do not see any silence, only in your brain. Steelers fans will never go away.

56. Here is a solution to this mess……………
    (1) Replace Kevin Colbert with Bill Cowher as General Manager;
    (2) Replace Dick LeBeau with Lovie Smith as Defensive Coordinator and switch to the 4-3 because the 3-4 LeBeau defense has been figured out;
    (3) Talk Russ Grimm into coming back as Offensive Line Coach (Cowher could do it);
    (4) Replace Mike Tomlin with the current offensive coordinator from Seattle and have him call the offensive plays (need a young guy with an offensive mind);
    (5) Do not offer a contract to Ryan Clark next year;
    (6) Re-sign Heath Miller but it may come at the cost of re-signing Brett Kiesel and/or Troy Polamalu;
    (7) Cut William Gay and do NOT bring him back for the 3rd time;
    (8) Use the 6 or 7 picks that you are going to get in the first 4 rounds of next year’s draft on a DT, CB, S, WR, TE, OT, ILB

Cannot do any worse than they are now.

57. tlmoon2112 | Sep 30, 2013, 4:25 PM EDT

Of course you know what they say about bliss….it’s ignorant. Have fun with our record but if you think your trash talking is going to bother us you are definitely very blissful/ ignorant.

My only problem is my neck is sore from looking up at the standings…sigh I guess I’ll have to work on my neck muscles for a couple of years . Good luck with your season.

58. “Worse than Jacksonville? WOW!”

Absolutely! Jacksonville hasn’t mortgaged their future to pay for a bunch of has been players. Steelers are at the bottom of the barrel!

59. It’s a good news/bad news moment for the Steelers!

Good news….you were just on International TV.

Bad news….you just lost the toilet bowl, on International TV.

How embarrassing…

60. Terrible cheating team – just this year a Pittsburgh pharmacist was sentenced to two years for providing steroids to the Pittsburgh team doctor to be distributed to players – terrible fans.

Hope they win just enough not to get the first pick.

61. What are you people going to be saying if the steelers come back and win the division or even make it competitive in the afc north. Half of you will disappear as usual. Even if they don’t, the steelers have been on top so long, a down year isn’t hurting any true steeler fan. The last time the steelers got a top 10 pick, they won 2 superbowls. Carry on!

62. realitycheckbaby | Sep 30, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT

Hope they win just enough not to get the first pick.

You and your alter ego JMF have forgotten a felon for obstructing justice, a wife beating Suggs, and Sweet Pea are nothing to brag about……ssshhh you are making yourself look even more stupid… But wait… No don’t ….we know what you are….lmao.

63. Bizarre thread. It’s like I stumbled into the boy’s bathroom in a junior high circa 1958 on the day a new issue of Playboy was released. The boys are absolutely giddy.

How can I be sad when our rivals still hate us sooo much? 😀

64. tlmoon2112 says:
    Sep 30, 2013 4:25 PM

Stay off steeler threads and you will be filled with bliss.

65. Win or lose Steelers fans support the team and have been rewarded with six Lombardi’s.

The number of trolls on Steelers posts illustrates that success spawns jealousy.

66. This team has been slowly declining for years, and this is just the season where they’ve just finally driven off the cliff. The drafting has been terrible for years. Other than a couple decent receivers and Maurkice Pouncey, every pick for the past five years almost has been a bust. The cap management has been atrocious. The defensive has been predictable and unspectacular for half a decade. Hate to say it, but LeBeau’s time should come to an end. Haley’s also been terrible and should be fired, yes, but it is pretty hard when your quarterback refuses to meet your oc for the first three months of their first offseason together, because he’s too busy getting drunk and bitching at the local bars about how he misses his butt buddy BA. Tomlin’s lost control of the team, he needs to go. And unfortunately, this team dug such a big hole with the salary cap, that they can’t trade their players for picks to help rebuild or they’ll be hit with too many penalties. This team is a mess, and will be for a long few years

67. realitycheckbaby | Sep 30, 2013, 6:23 PM EDT

Hope they win just enough not to get the first pick.

———–

I think you’ll get your wish. Last year, the fans acted like winning the last game of the season was the SB when it only drove the team further down the draft order. And you mentioned the pharmacist — check out the team doctor! He’s looking at more than 150 charges. Just shameful.

68. jmf and realitycheck, with the way Flacco’s playing, wouldn’t be surprised if Oz tries to trade him next year. Unfortunately no other team in the league is dumb enough to give a below-average QB $20M/yr.

69. As for Pittsburgh, I don’t know what they’re problem is, but I do know how to fix it. Get rid of Ben, go get an offensive line that can protect a real quarterback..and then go get someone who can actually throw. Maybe Flynn, before the Raiders’ lack of an offensive line destroys what might be a good career.

I don’t like the Steelers, but at least you’re not in our division…and I’d rather see Flynn there, then back in Green Bay.

Oh, and I don’t like Ben for the obvious reasons. No talent, has been, should have gone to trial for his actions, etc.

70. The fact that you’re afraid to have Flynn in your division shows how well you can evaluate talent, or can’t in your case. While I’m sure you’ll get plenty of agreement on this post, it’s only because they’re Ben-bashers, but no one really thinks Flynn is any good, let alone better than an elite.

71. @lovethelions …

Ben’s ego has driven me nuts the past several years as has his refusal to become a student of the game and improve on his natural abilities. He’s now reached the point where his skills will only decline as he ages, and I’d be thrilled to trade him when the season ends. But if you’d read each and every piece of documentation and talked to people who worked the case in Georgia, as I did, you’d know it was a false accusation. That’s why it didn’t go to trial. Not only was there no evidence against him, there was no evidence an assault occurred.

72. Deb says: Oct 1, 2013 2:54 PM

————————————————————–

Ya it was just a coincidence that he was accused numerous times………….

73. Deb says: Oct 1, 2013 2:54 PM

@lovethelions …

—————————————————————

Trade him for what, a ham sandwich and a bag of chips?

74. when your star player admits they are worst in the league thats not showing leadership…nothing has worked so Ben is playing the POOR ME act…feel sorry for me cus im on the worst team in NFL..WAAA WHAAAA

75. crownofthehelmet says: Sep 30, 2013 9:36 AM

————————————————————–

You post that, and then you are critical of someone else evaluating talent?

76. vottorific says: Sep 30, 2013 12:07 PM

Ben is wrong again. Steelers are in second place in afc north.

—————————————————————

0-4, boy that is something to hang your hat on………….

77. lovethelions says:Oct 1, 2013 12:26 PM

———————————————————-Are you related to Yogi berra? Classic.

78. I think Steeler fans are vastly overrating what you could get for Roethlisberger. The Rams were rumored to offer 2 1rsts in 2010, but that was 3yrs and a lot of hits ago. They’d get something decent, but he’s 33, resists coaching, not the best work ethic and could be in better shape(being kind). Probably something the Jets would do. The real value besides the picks, would be getting out from under the 18mil cap hit next yr. Then gain, if Colbert is still picking the players and managing the cap… Shouldn’t have let Whaley go.

79. RATBIRDS maybe be 2-2 but they look like s@#$..Didnt FlukeO just throw 5 picks?? FIVE!! Thats the NFLs highest paid player?? As far as the Browns go Lol a broke clock is right twice a day..And the Bengals ain’t impressing anybody..Yeah we 0-4 but only 2 games out

80. halftermguv says: Oct 1, 2013 12:55 AM

———————————————————

There wouldn’t be any “trolls” if Steeler fans weren’t always bragging on their team and it’s “history” so much.

Funny how most Steeler fans only wanna mention the team’s history since 1972. The reason why is because before 1972 the Steelers were terrible.

If that ain’t true then why don’t Pittsburgh fans brag about any of the Steeler teams from 1933 to 1971?

I guess it is because 1 playoff appearance in 39 years is nothing to brag about…

81. The whole division sucks! Nobody has Superbowl potential. Steelers and Baltimore have achieved the ultimate the rest need not comment.

82. I’m not convinced that any of the Steelers-haters on this thread really even understand how the game of NFL football works.

The more vicious and hate-filled rhetoric clearly comes from fans of teams who have been terrible for so long that the only joy that these fans can elicit from the NFL is immersing themselves in the struggles of a perennially-dominant team’s recent lack of success.

Those whose only happiness can come from the struggles of others are victims of the world around them, doomed to be ruled by the outcome of things beyond their immediate control and cursed to suffered the inferiority of an absence of vicarious command of the world just beyond the reach of their sausage-fingered paws.

So, haters, wallow in the struggles of the Pittsburgh Steelers to your hearts’ content, but know that you have no more power to affect that than you do to correct your own pathetic, miserable, aimless lives of despair and hatred.

83. Thanks for the edification eleventyeight, wish I understood the NFL as much as you. Flying to Cincy to see what happens with the Pats this Sunday. Not really immersing myself in the ‘perenially dominant steelers recent anything’, since they’re irrelevant. Your rant personifies the obnoxious nature of a large portion of steeler nation, thus resulting in gloating and schadenfreude, by the very fans that have been abused, not by the steelers, but their classless, graceless fans(not all, but most). Call other fans all the names you want, it’s steeler fans like you that get what you deserve. I wonder who’s pathetic and miserable. Certainly not me. Plus I think Pittsburgh is the ‘sausage finger’ capital of America.

Most fans of the good teams are probably a little sick of piling on anyway, it’s getting boring, until they read posts like yours.