Cameron Wake wants to play this week if he can

Buffalo Bills v Miami Dolphins Getty Images

Cameron Wake knows what the schedule says, but he wants to get back on the field.

The Dolphins pass-rusher, who missed Monday’s game against the Saints with a sprained knee, understands the Dolphins have a bye coming next week. But he said Wednesday he’d prefer to be on the field Sunday against the Ravens.

I’m going to do everything I can to be ready for Sunday,” Wake said, via James Walker of ESPN.com. “Whatever decision is in the best interest of the team and the best interest for myself, that will be made on Sunday.”

Wake was limited in practice Wednesday, but he did some thing last week as well before watching the Saints game.

While his presence could make a short-term difference against a team that could be breaking in a new left tackle (or sticking with the old one who convinced them to make a trade), this looks like a case where the schedule should make the decision for them.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Home, Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill
8 Responses to “Cameron Wake wants to play this week if he can”
  1. dilberry says: Oct 2, 2013 5:55 PM

I respect Wake for wanting to play, but i hope he has 2 more weeks to heal up for the home stretch.

2. annes22 says: Oct 2, 2013 6:26 PM

I hope he can, but if he’s not entirely ok it’s silly.
    We have a bye the following week.

3. ghjjf says: Oct 2, 2013 6:54 PM

Remember what happened to the last pro-bowl Dolphin player who tried to play through inury (Jake Long),… he is now completely ineffective.

4. cavemanna says: Oct 2, 2013 7:04 PM

I think we desperately need him. I feel this is a must win for the Dolphins if they wanna keep this playoff vibe going

5. kokokofinfan says: Oct 2, 2013 7:13 PM

Cam just shut it down..hopefully your teammates can make it 4-1 going into the bye week!

6. 1uniquename says: Oct 2, 2013 7:18 PM

Don’t play cam, sit n heal up you need to be explosive off that knee and if you can’t explode properly then what’s the point? Don’t risk further injury imo.

7. krazytrane says: Oct 2, 2013 8:12 PM

I’m shocked that a player wants to play if he can play. Most players don’t want to play when they can. Good for Mr. Wake.

8. gsb333 says: Oct 2, 2013 10:51 PM

These comments are funny. Of course he will play… IF he can and the trainers and coaches decide that. Bye week or no bye week next week. Every game matters in the NFL. Wake on half his normal snap count is still a benefit.