Eddie Lacy plans to keep his feet to protect his head

Washington Redskins v Green Bay Packers Getty Images

The Packers are running thin at running back lately, so it’s good that their rookies are learning lessons.

Eddie Lacy said he won’t be leaving his feet in hopes of extra yardage, after suffering his first career concussion while trying to dive in Week Two against the Redskins. Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather was fined $42,000 that week.

I don’t see me jumping like that anymore, unless it’s from the 5 or something like that,” Lacy said, via Mike Vandermause of the Green Bay Press-Gazette.

Lacy hasn’t played since then, but returned to practice Wednesday, and they need him in the absence of James Starks (knee).

“I feel a lot better, and anytime you get a chance to get back on the field you’re going to be excited about that,” Lacy said. “I’m just taking it one day at a time, still getting in the playbook, going through the process, and I’ll be happy when I get to play.”

Without Starks, they’re leaning on all rookies and fullback John Kuhn, so having the second-rounder back on the field can only help.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Home, Rumor Mill
10 Responses to “Eddie Lacy plans to keep his feet to protect his head”
  1. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2013 11:01 AM

Have two rookies run for 100 yards in one game? Could be this weekend.

2. lewiscafarella says: Oct 3, 2013 11:22 AM

I drafted u 34th overall, ahead of Reggie Bush, don’t make a fool outta me!

3. trollsetter says: Oct 3, 2013 11:36 AM

Two packer rookie running backs rushing for 100 yards this weekend or just two rookie running backs rushing for a 100 yards this weekend? Don’t be delusional dude. The pack are one dimensional. Sheesh.

4. dsp518 says: Oct 3, 2013 11:38 AM

I’m a huge Green Bay fan and as much as I’d enjoy seeing the two rookies rush for 100 yards, I don’t see it against this front 7. I’d like nothing better than than 8th man coming down in the box to open the middle for Cobb and Finley. Well, from my lips to God’s ear. GO PACK GO!!!!

5. thepftpoet says: Oct 3, 2013 11:40 AM

Eddie “Cheeseburger” Lacy needs to keep his mouth shut

6. Rick Spielman is a Magician says: Oct 3, 2013 12:44 PM

I don’t think Cagney and Lacy will get enough carries to each get 100 yards because the Packers will be coming from behind. Detroit will probably score 40 again.

7. tangysizzl says: Oct 3, 2013 3:28 PM

Actually its Franklin and Bash there Rick not Cagney and Lacy. I really don’t think both guys will get enough carries to get to 100 a piece either so we agree on that at least.

8. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2013 4:00 PM

I could see Franklin breaking off a few longer runs early in the game, and Lacy closing it out in the second, third, and fourth quarters with some decent gains.

9. packhawk04 says: Oct 3, 2013 6:00 PM

“The packers are one dimensional”… over 360 yards rushing, 5.5 yards a carry… sounds like they cant run a lick…

10. tokyosandblaster says: Oct 3, 2013 6:29 PM

Lol… What’s funny about the Packers being one dimensional is that the Packers have more rushing yards in three games than the Lions do in 4.

The Lions are one dimensional, and that dimension is SUCKING.